Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP (36986 Views)

Wike: Those Attacking Me For Leaving PDP Now Crying – Umahi Demands Apology / I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others / Senator Akpabio To Be Formally Received Into APC On Thursday - APC UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by akelicious(m): 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
Godswill Akpabio, former minority leader of the senate, says he is sure his colleagues in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are missing him.

Speaking during the valedictory session of the 8th senate, the senator who defected from the PDP to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in August, described his stay at the senate as “happy and sad”.

Akpabio said the experience was mixed because some of his colleagues died before the end of their tenure.

He congratulated the 8th assembly for “remaining focused” despite turbulent times, saying he would join the 9th senate as soon as “I reclaim my mandate”.

“I want to start by apologising to my colleague in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). I know they are missing me but I want to apologise to them for the way and manner I moved to join Mr president to stabilise Nigeria,” Akpabio said.

“I thank the entire 8th senate for giving me the opportunity to be the minority leader, and to make history as the first senator since 1999 to be given the role of a leader in this hallowed chamber.

“My President, you and I know that I have forgiven you if you wronged me, even as we are departing from here, if there is still need, you can see me outside after. In the entirety of the senate, I want to thank all of you for indulging me, for particularly tolerating me. Where I went wrong, please forgive me.

“Let me say this, the 8th senate achieved a lot, despite turbulent periods, we remained focused. We made sure that the interest of Nigeria came first.

“But I must say I enjoyed my stay here. It’s a different thing to be a senator and it’s a different thing to be a governor. It is good to taste the legislature first before you become a governor but should you become a governor first, it is also good to bring the experience into the legislature.

“My President, my constituency is very delighted because through this senate, with the constituency projects, we were able to carry out over 80 projects across my senatorial district and I can tell you I went beyond my senatorial district to also touch others.

He also enjoined the next senate president to create a level playing field for all the senators and urged the 9th senate to reform the electoral act.

“My president, you indulge some of us too much. I want the next senate president to “give a level playing field to all because the senate is a leveler. Once you come here, you are all distinguished colleagues,” Akpabio said.

“I want the next senate president to ensure that there is a level playing field; if you give two minutes to me, give two to Dino (Melaye), let Dino not take 10 minutes and when it is my time, you tell me it is time up as though …I’ll raise my hand for a long time and Dino will walk in and be recognised. This disparity should be checked.

“In the 9th senate, it is time to reform the electoral act, we must make sure that every vote counts in Nigeria. A situation where the electoral umpire becomes so terribly biased that people, even in the face of carry go, the political party won’t matter, they will not take that into cognisance.”

https://www.thecable.ng/akpabio-i-know-my-pdp-colleagues-are-missing-me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Best way to avoid and evade EFCC MAGUire's sliding tackle ... smart player grin cheesy

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
I smell fish

16 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Annie939(f): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
what's this one saying

43 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Doctorjames(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ah
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Bella55555(f): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
So
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by snowlord(m): 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Kikiki
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by BuhariAdvocate: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
This guy called himself akelicious will end up in jail must you spread fake news before you become successful blogger. Learn from Sowere and stop feeding us fake news.

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by helinues: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
undecided
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Mishhcre(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Chai, this life.
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Houseofglam7(f): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
undecided
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by LibertyRep: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
If Akpabio isn't made a minister, an ambassador or given a very prominent role in this new government, he might return to PDP before 2020.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Unigrad: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
Interesting
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Cletus77(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
akelicious:
Nigerian lawmaker Senator Godswill Akpabio Thursday apologised to members of the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for leaving the party months before the 2019 general elections.

“I apologize to my colleagues in the PDP for the manner I left,” Akpabio said at the 8th Senate valedictory session in Abuja.

I know they miss me.”

Akpabio left the PDP in August 2018 for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

“Let the world know I’ve joined APC, I’m now a progressive,” Akpabio said in August 2018.

“What I have done today is to link the people of Akwa Ibom to the centre. Akpabio is now in APC.”

Akpabio, a former Akwa Ibom State governor, resigned his position as the Senate minority leader and was accorded a heroic reception by supporters and admirers at the mega rally held at the Ikot Ekpene township stadium to officially receive him to APC.

About 30 APC senators and members of National Working Committee (NWC), including then acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who was represented by the secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha, national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomole and the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

However, after over eight months in the ruling party, Akpabio said his stay in the Senate the APC has been a mixture of different feelings.

“My stay in the 8th Senate is a mixture of sadness and happiness,” Akpabio said.

Akpabio’s defection to the APC was perceived as a massive boost for the party in the South-south during the general elections in February 2019.

APC, as at the time of Akpabio’s defection from the PDP, had lost about 15 senators including Senate President Bukola Saraki to the opposition party.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/06/senator-akpabio-apologises-for-leaving.html

Abi u miss them?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by kingharzy: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
undecided
“Let the world know I’ve joined APC, I’m now a progressive,” Dude progressed to the next level of electoral defeat. . .

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by kingharzy: 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
undecided
“Let the world know I’ve joined APC, I’m now a progressive,” Dude progressed to the next level of electoral defeat. . .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by micfoley: 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
Remember Okorocha
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by mushystuff: 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
I thought he recently told the court that he didn't decamp and was rather suspended abi expelled by PDP? Which one is this one again abi he cannot keep his big mouth shut and enjoy the dirty lies the APC judge called Abang preserved for him?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by visijo(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2019
Don't come in my inbox to wave at me ✋️, who told u am traveling ? �� especially Nigerians ��
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Racoon(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2019
And the idiot said he was expelled from the PDP
It's always difficult for liars to retrace their footsteps because they don't keep track of how much lies they have told.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Lincoln275(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2019
Apology declined
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by pawesome(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2019
Snitch bitch

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by GenFunction: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2019
sorry for ursef...Magu is coming
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy

Soja come, soja go.
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by GodCovenant(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2019
Judas have come home, less I forgets the prodigal son. which fit this guy.

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by israelmao(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2019
The same Akpabio that said his defection was MOVEMENT and not defection.One wonders if one defects from a party whether one would not move but remain static!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by sapientia(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2019
The wind have blown.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Oladelepsy001(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2019
Apology accepted... what next?

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by isram: 11:40am On Jun 07, 2019
Ewu calabar, apc don use do isi ewu, mugu
Re: Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP by Olubucorla(f): 11:41am On Jun 07, 2019
Nigeria politics

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Germany Set To Deport Many Nigerian Migrants On Monday / INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.