Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo (1014 Views)

2019 Budget: Osinbajo, Ministers, Presidential Aides Arrive ‎national Assembly / Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by neolboy(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo said last night that he would assent to the 2017 budget.

Information Minister Lai Mohammed had earlier told State House reporters after the Federal Executive Council meeting chaired by Osinbajo that the decision on who to sign the budget would be taken when the document is transmitted to the Presidency.

But Osinbajo, via a Twitter statement by his spokesman Laolu Akande, said the question on who would sign the budget was clear.

According to the statement, when the time comes, everything is set and he is satisfied, the acting president will sign the budget.

“Just so we are clear: when the time comes, everything is set and he is satisfied, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo will assent to the 2017 budget,” the statement read.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has denied telling State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council meeting that a decision was yet to be reached on who would sign the budget.

He said the budget which was passed last Thursday by the National Assembly had not been formally transmitted to the Executive.

He, however, disclosed that the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udoma, had received the advance copy.

Mohammed also stated that if there were any discrepancies in the budget presented and the one passed, the Executive would report to Udoma for harmonisation.

He said the Ministry of Budget and National Planning would “make the implementation of the 2016 budget public. They have told us that about N1.2 trillion was released for capital.”

source :https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-will-sign-2017-budget-osinbajo/198202.html

Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by Airforce1(m): 9:01am On May 18, 2017
The year ha almost gone half and this people are yet to sign 2017 budget

Smh for this government.

2019, I shall right my wrong.
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by ben4ever(m): 9:04am On May 18, 2017
Do it quickly
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by neolboy(m): 9:04am On May 18, 2017
Abeg with immediate alacrity
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:08am On May 18, 2017
I'm still waiting to feel the impact of 2016 budget angry angry
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by ElsonMorali: 9:10am On May 18, 2017
Why should this even be an issue? Do people know the meaning of ACTING President or are they just plain dumb?
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by mynd1(f): 9:10am On May 18, 2017
Good
God heal Mr president
God bless Acting president
God bless Nigeria
Thunder fire all Mr president Haters!
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:24am On May 18, 2017
What did Buhari do with 2015 budget he inherited from GEJ and 2016 Budget Of Yams.. Oh! I remember, he's Mr. Integrity. Sorry to ask...

Ndi Ori

1 Like

Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by BrutalJab: 9:39am On May 18, 2017
If you like no sign am....
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by IgbosAreGreat(f): 9:54am On May 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg make den no kee our Coordinator for us ooo
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by saintgp(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2017
Lies runs in hon.minister's vein....smh................

But wait oh,why r those in d "presidency" frustrating d acting president na,they keep making him look insignificant as he appears to be reacting to little little things:before it was being tag a coordinator and nt acting president now its about who signs d budget.only God knows what lies next,smh................
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by gberra: 10:28am On May 18, 2017
The law is very clear on this. Osinbanjo will sign the budget. Case closed!. To hell with mischief makers.

Igbos always cry tongue
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by gberra: 10:42am On May 18, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I'm still waiting to feel the impact of 2016 budget angry angry
BeerBeerooh, grin Magu must have been very cruel to your paymasters in the Senate. In the past few months your anti-APC threads have been few & far between but never fret because your paymasters in the Senate have just jacked up the budget by 143billion. so some few crumbs could be thrown at you to keep your threads going this coming weeks.

The smiling one cheesy
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by orisa37: 10:50am On May 18, 2017
neolboy:
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo said last night that he would assent to the 2017 budget.

Information Minister Lai Mohammed had earlier told State House reporters after the Federal Executive Council meeting chaired by Osinbajo that the decision on who to sign the budget would be taken when the document is transmitted to the Presidency.

But Osinbajo, via a Twitter statement by his spokesman Laolu Akande, said the question on who would sign the budget was clear.

According to the statement, when the time comes, everything is set and he is satisfied, the acting president will sign the budget.

“Just so we are clear: when the time comes, everything is set and he is satisfied, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo will assent to the 2017 budget,” the statement read.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has denied telling State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council meeting that a decision was yet to be reached on who would sign the budget.

He said the budget which was passed last Thursday by the National Assembly had not been formally transmitted to the Executive.

He, however, disclosed that the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udoma, had received the advance copy.

Mohammed also stated that if there were any discrepancies in the budget presented and the one passed, the Executive would report to Udoma for harmonisation.

He said the Ministry of Budget and National Planning would “make the implementation of the 2016 budget public. They have told us that about N1.2 trillion was released for capital.”

source :https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-will-sign-2017-budget-osinbajo/198202.html

Keep twisting Queen's English Words like they are your Mother's. Coordinate instead of Control, Executive instead of Presidency: and so on. Selfish Mindset makes us all Unrighteous.
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by Funlord2(m): 10:56am On May 18, 2017
Sign or don't sign life must go on!
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by georgen2u(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2017
Why not
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by Boleyndynasty2(f): 12:09pm On May 18, 2017
They keep signing budget yet nothing comes out of it
Re: I Will Sign 2017 Budget – Osinbajo by Bishop000(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2017
Please before you accent to it,scrab the Aso Rock clinic allocations. It's a waste of tax payers money

(1) (Reply)

NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Punch Newspaper Headlines [1 June, 2017]. / See The Resolutions Made By PDP NEC After A Meeting This Night(photos) / Quit Notice On Igbo, Not Reversed- Arewa Group Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.