Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? (904 Views)

Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? / Should Men Always Beg A Lady To Date Them / How Long Can Men Be Sexually Inactive? Does Self Control Exist?? Opinion Poll! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by efepro(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2017
Nigeria has one of the highest rates of domestic violence in Africa.

Report claims that 25% of women in Nigeria have to go through ordeal of domestic violence.
The women are believed to experience physical, sexual and psychological abuse at the hands of their husbands.

Now, the question is, Should men be entirely blamed for domestic violence?

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:21am On May 18, 2017
Yes, yes and yes again
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by delishpot: 11:22am On May 18, 2017
If women start pouring hot water on every cheating or abusive husband, would we say the women are not entirely to blame?
So if you look at the photo of a man with burnt private part in hospital bed and say..... What ever he did, she should not have done this type of evil to him na. No matter what, why did she not just leave?
Then when next you look at a woman in a casket, a woman with swollen face or with bursted lips, you should not ask if the man alone is to blame. Just as you did not ask if the wife alone should be blamed when you saw the photo of that cheating or abusive husband with burns in a hospital bed. The same self control you expect a woman being bullied by her home to have for her husband, is the same you should expect a man to have for his wife even if she was bullying him. After all they both humans. If a woman is adviced to swallow it and focus on her kids..... Men can also swallow it and focus on making their kids comfortable.

Man or woman Violence is a no no for me.
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 11:23am On May 18, 2017
Oh Well..

wink

Both parties should take the blame. I know women enjoy that feminine advantage but

We women verbally Abuse men too

We also Emotionally Abuse men too

So lets stop playing this games because you don't really need to throw a stick at a man to beat him or abuse him..

A MAN WOULDN'T JUST BEAT A WOMAN. THAT WOMAN MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG

But if any man ever beats a woman for no just cause then he should be castrated.

What we should be talking about is HOW BEST TO HANDLE ABUSE.....

TO THE MEN PLEASE DONT BEAT HER, JUST WALK AWAY AND LIVE YOUR LIFE

Read PROVERBS 21 verse 9 and PROVERBS 29 verse 11 and PROVERBS 25 verse 24. USE AMPLIFIED VERSION SO YOU SEE WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHENEVER YOU ARE ABUSED IN A RELATIONSHIP

KIND REGARDS

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 11:31am On May 18, 2017
If a man hits a woman, he's to blame for his actions. But domestic violence isn't only about men beating women. If the woman hits the man, she's to blame for her actions as well.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by WeNoGoDie(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2017
Sometimes women have a huge share of the blame. It still is no excuse for violence. There are even more effective ways to deal with such than physical violence.

Sometimes too which I've witnessed several times, you find women totally innocent especially those cases of men that are hard to please and cases where the woman is totally financially dependent and the man transforms to a demi-god.
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by delishpot: 11:32am On May 18, 2017
StephDamielola:
Oh Well..

wink

Both parties should take the blame. I know women enjoy that feminine advantage but

We women verbally Abuse men too

We also Emotionally Abuse men too

So lets stop playing this games because you don't really need to throw a stick at a man to beat him or abuse him..

A MAN WOULDN'T JUST BEAT A WOMAN. THAT WOMAN MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG

But if any man ever beats a woman for no just cause then he should be castrated.

What we should be talking about is HOW BEST TO HANDLE ABUSE.....

TO THE MEN PLEASE DONT BEAT HER, JUST WALK AWAY AND LIVE YOUR LIFE

Read PROVERBS 29 verse 11. USE AMPLIFIED VERSION SO YOU SEE WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHENEVER YOU ARE ABUSED IN A RELATIONSHIP

KIND REGARDS

I don't get that part. When they say domestic abuse, the abuser always feels someone has wronged Him/her but the question you should ask yourself is, was he/she trully wronged or is it just the ego feeling wronged.
Please do not bring up your daughter's with the "I must have done something wrong that is why he beats me" mentality. Na beg I dey beg you.
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by 9jayes: 11:34am On May 18, 2017
NO
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 11:42am On May 18, 2017
delishpot:

I don't get that part. When they say domestic abuse, the abuser always feels someone has wronged Him/her but the question you should ask yourself is, was he/she trully wronged or is it just the ego feeling wronged.
Please do not bring up your daughter's with the "I must have done something wrong that is why he beats me" mentality. Na beg I dey beg you.

90% of Abuses cases are as a result of Bruised Ego's ok. So whenever you hear "Domestic Violence" don't always rush to crucify the Man.

We women know we have the societal advantage so we always use it and use it well....

Didnt you see Mercy Aigbe and Tonto Dike?

Did you know that it is Tonto that is the Scammer?

Did you know that Tonto was the Abuser?

Did you know that Tonto used Churchill?

Come to Abuja and get the real fact ok..

You didn't see their red eye and bruised cheek the day the alleged abuse took place and how suddenly it cleaned off when they posted those photos claiming slay Mamas some few days latter?

ANY BRUISE MUST LEAVE A SCAR undecided

We know how we do it, its MAKEUP OO cheesy
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by delishpot: 11:57am On May 18, 2017
StephDamielola:

90% of Abuses cases are as a result of Bruised Ego's ok. So whenever you hear "Domestic Violence" don't always rush to crucify the Man.

We women know we have the societal advantage so we always use it and use it well....

Didnt you see Mercy Aigbe and Tonto Dike?

Did you know that it is Tonto that is the Scammer?

Did you know that Tonto was the Abuser?

Did you know that Tonto used Churchill?

Come to Abuja and get the real fact ok..

You didn't see their red eye and bruised cheek the day the alleged abuse took place and how suddenly it cleaned off when they posted those photos claiming slay Mamas some few days latter?

ANY BRUISE MUST LEAVE A SCAR undecided

We know how we do it, its MAKEUP OO cheesy

My point is, if a woman is supposed to endure and stay while fasting and praying for her husband who constantly bruises her ego, and encourage her not to do anything irrational but focus on her kids, why then are we looking to share the blame when a man's ego is bruised and he lashes out? If women start also going violent on their men for bruised ego sake, how many people would be left on earth? Or you think women don't have ego and pride that gets bruised? I never said men are not abused, the point is, when a man does the damage, people start wondering if the man alone should be blamed for his action. But if a woman lashes out and does the damage, people do not stop to ask if she alone should be blamed or not. They instantly blame her for the problem. They claim she married him for money so she should have endured what ever her eyes see, etc. That is my own opinion. When society give men the pass and consideration but expect women to endure, it only leaves room for anyone who feels his ego had Ben bruised to beat up the woman in question. Plus, I may feel like you bruised my ego just because you dumped for someone else who I consider below me. Does that mean I have a right to pour you acid, beat you up and make your life miserable Because in my opinion, you did something wrong? You have not seen irrational spouses who will list a long list of things they prcieved to trample on their ego and yet you still find no reason for them to feel that way? Like I said, man o, woman o there is no excuse to abuse your partner physically and violently. Today it is her, tomorrow it may be your daughter/Son who "yes let us agree", missbhaves because you may train them well but in this life, you can not guarantee anyone's behaviour. Does that mean the partners should harm or kill them for you? Wouldn't you wish the bruised ego partner walked away and left your child alive for you to correct them? Even if your child now goes out to insult someone, would you be happy if they go all batshit violent on them?
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 18, 2017
delishpot:

My point is, if a woman is supposed to endure and stay while fasting and praying for her husband who constantly bruises her ego, and encourage her not to do anything irrational but focus on her kids, why then are we looking to share the blame when a man's ego is bruised and he lashes out? If women start also going violent on their men for bruised ego sake, how many people would be left on earth? Or you think women don't have ego and pride that gets bruised? I never said men are not abused, the point is, when a man does the damage, people start wondering if the man alone should be blamed for his action. But if a woman lashes out and does the damage, people do not stop to ask if she alone should be blamed or not. They instantly blame her for the problem. They claim she married him for money so she should have endured what ever her eyes see, etc. That is my own opinion. When society give men the pass and consideration but expect women to endure, it only leaves room for anyone who feels his ego had Ben bruised to beat up the woman in question. Plus, I may feel like you bruised my ego just because you dumped m and dated someone else who I consider below me. Does that mean I have a right to pour you acid? Because in my opinion, you did something wrong?

Now i understand what you are saying but your question will cause more troubles. Instead lets focus on how best to RESPOND TO ABUSES.

Remember the reaction varies, in the western world or in a non religious enclave people don't endure marriages but in here we do and it sometimes work but most times it fails.

Marriage is a mystery and will remain so. Whats works for you might crash mine so lets be careful how we address marital issues.

The best is TAKE A BREAK TO THE ROOF TOP

The holy scripture also advises the men to take a break. Not out of the relationship or out of the house but to the roof top.

Same advise goes to the woman, you should take a break too. GO TO THE ROOF TOP
Re: Should Men Be Entirely Blamed For Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 18, 2017
Women tend to report violence against them because it's socially acceptable to view the men as the perpetrators. Violence against men by women is not socially acceptable so there will be virtually little or no statistics to reflect this.That said some women are the antagonistic in how they behave, they will push a man to the point of breaking and when he reacts they play the victim.

Violence regardless of gender is not acceptable. If you have anger management issues address them before you marry. If you are a female and do not have any brakes that can be applied when you start arguing with someone don't get into a relationship until the brakes have been fixed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Or Madness - See How Gown Unveils Lady Private Thing (VIDEO + PHOTOS / Dangers Of Sending Your Nude Pictures To Your Friends Or Posting Them On S/M(Pic / Sex In The Living Room, My Most Exciting Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.