Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,826 members, 7,844,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? (10732 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? / Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by cold(m): 1:44am On Jan 14, 2010
Olong:

The wisdom of men is foolishness unto God,,,,as high as the heavens are above the earth, so is God's wisdom higher than man's!that is why the jews could not imagine their Messiah coming from such poor and lowly background,,,carpenter's son?NAH!!

in the bible,God's children were referred to as SHEEP,,,yes silly,naive,unthinking sheep!in following God,we should keep our 'HIGH INTELLIGENCE and RATIONALITY aside!however,you wont ripe unless you sow,right?

every farmer knows that seed sowing time is never a time for merriment,because seed sowing is PAINFUL!'cast your bread upon many water for in due season,you shall receive them back,'so says the scriptures.

well,sorry man,you've ridiculed away your blessings.you did not sow in faith.fake pastors exist,yes.but the authenticity of God's word about seed sowing remains valid! [color=#006600][/color]
Please spare us the sermon,even the devil knows the bible better than u do.We have already bin warned that in the last days men will draw fire from heaven & even the very elect shall be deceived,watch & pray that ye may not be led astray.God has given u a brain to discern ur left from ur right,to determine right from wrong,why do u continually allow urselves to be conned by these prosperity preachers who scream & speak in tongues lyk the prophets of Baal?When u can quietly pray lyk prophet Elijah & watch God move in a mysterious way his wonders to perform.It pains me when i see my fellow country men fall for this cheap trickery by men who tag themselves 'men of God'.Fellow Nigerians it is tym to taq the wool off ur eyes,verily i say unto u-u shall be the better for it
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kaydee(m): 1:48am On Jan 14, 2010
Olong:

The wisdom of men is foolishness unto God,,,,as high as the heavens are above the earth, so is God's wisdom higher than man's!that is why the jews could not imagine their Messiah coming from such poor and lowly background,,,carpenter's son?NAH!!

in the bible,God's children were referred to as SHEEP,,,yes silly,naive,unthinking sheep!in following God,we should keep our 'HIGH INTELLIGENCE and RATIONALITY aside!however,you wont ripe unless you sow,right?

every farmer knows that seed sowing time is never a time for merriment,because seed sowing is PAINFUL!'cast your bread upon many water for in due season,you shall receive them back,'so says the scriptures.

well,sorry man,you've ridiculed away your blessings.you did not sow in faith.fake pastors exist,yes.but the authenticity of God's word about seed sowing remains valid! [color=#006600][/color]

SaY GOODBYE to the brainwashed, I guess you're that pastor
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by shawdon(m): 2:06am On Jan 14, 2010
Guy i just feel sorry for you oooo.if you be like me i will advice you to give your family money instead of one pastor wey dey sleep with church member wey God no even call self.There are many of them outside wey God no even call.

I preffer to use my to eat pepper soup,drink wine or beer and the Bleep sussy.

You can join my world i can never give my money to any pastor.

Here in SA we don't pay offering.

Naijaguy dey vex
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by whiteroses(f): 2:19am On Jan 14, 2010
sintin gbo i go collect my money back, yasin i go collect am back angry whick kain thiefry be that angry angry angry
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by amebono1: 2:30am On Jan 14, 2010
Did they force you to give?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:32am On Jan 14, 2010
I had a revelation that by the end of 2010, Three Nigerian churches will float shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange while Two will be on the New York Stock Exchange.

Guy all these men are simply hustlers. They identify your problems, spaek to your problems, reassure you that it would be well, tell you to pay a fee/token/charge (or as they like to call it "SEED FAITH"),gently hypnotise you till you fall (a.k.a FALLING UNDER THE ANNOINTING), sprinkle some olive oil on you, tell you to purchase a few of their marchandises (including miracle handkerchiefs, holy water, bleesed scarf, a church branded tee-shirt, e.t.c) and finally send you on your way back to your misery.

These men are legal con artistes, backed by the government (cos they dont pay taxes on your offering or tithes).

I hear people ask if you were forced to part with your money/belongings, I say yes. Through gentle persuation and a little bit of hypnosis. Just the same way con men on the street talk people into parting with their moneys and properties, thats just the same way pastors are talking people into parting with their monies and belongings. If you dont think they are crooks, tell me what they have really done to deserve owning private jets (G-4s, bombadiers and challengers). Sooon these dudes would be cruisins on 50ft yatchs then people would wake up the the job that is church.

I have been to a church where between the begining and the end of the church service, despite the over 4 collections  (offering, tithe, thanks-giving, building offering, seed-faith and pledge), the pastor basically forced the congregation to purchase over 1500 Naira worth of church branded merchandise (T-Shirts, olive oil, almanac, stickers, some of the pastors new literatures, e.t.c) each.

The church is the most profitable business in nigeria currently.

@ OP

You just got hustled.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by An0nimus: 3:34am On Jan 14, 2010
@poster
God works in mysterious wayz n faith in Him is one of d best things a man can do 4 himself.4get if d pastor scammed u or nt,d question is. . Didyu beliv? Like sum1 said previously 'u dint say if u got d job'. .if u'v nt but u later do get it,wil u tel us?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Olong(m): 3:41am On Jan 14, 2010
Please spare us the sermon,even the devil knows the bible better than u do.We have already bin warned that in the last days men will draw fire from heaven & even the very elect shall be deceived,watch & pray that ye may not be led astray.God has given u a brain to discern your left from your right,to determine right from wrong,why do u continually allow urselves to be conned by these prosperity preachers who scream & speak in tongues lyk the prophets of Baal?When u can quietly pray lyk prophet Elijah & watch God move in a mysterious way his wonders to perform.It pains me when i see my fellow country men fall for this cheap trickery by men who tag themselves 'men of God'.Fellow Nigerians it is tym to taq the wool off your eyes,verily i say unto u-u shall be the better for

YOUR BRAIN CAN HARDLY BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS, THAT GOD EVEN GAVE HIM UP THE IN FIRST PLACE!THE BIBLE BECOMES A FABLE TOO,IF YOU RELY ON YOUR BRAIN!however salvation comes to him that believes.with the HEART we believe,excluding human intellects,,,,,
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Olong(m): 3:46am On Jan 14, 2010
@poster
God works in mysterious wayz n faith in Him is one of d best things a man can do 4 himself.4get if d pastor scammed u or nt,d question is. . Didyu beliv? Like sum1 said previously 'u dint say if u got d job'. .if u'v nt but u later do get it,wil u tel us?

the guy is obviously ridiculing pentecostal churches.did anyone force him to give offering?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by cold(m): 3:53am On Jan 14, 2010
Olong:

@poster

the guy is obviously ridiculing pentecostal churches.did anyone force him to give offering?

If he got the job does that neccessarily mean that the 1000 naira he gave the church did the trick pulezz giv us a break.Nobody is out to ridicule anybody but ur pentecostal churches are ridiculin themselves
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by mikeoscar: 4:38am On Jan 14, 2010
I symphatise with you about your job, God will come through for you, dont loose hope,be encouraged something better might be in the pipeline for you. In every profession there are chalattans, so also we have in the ministry. Iam not surprised that we have people on the pulpit who put pressure on people to give and manipulate them. The word of God says by their fruit we will know them. Go to churches where the emphasies is on lifestyle rather than greed.Also be commited to being a student of God's word. Develop your relationship with God personally and you will be able to discern when you find yourself under greedy people who think that Godliness is Gain.There are still many genuine pastors who are teaching and preaching the undiluted word of God, may God direct you there.

Perfect Word of encouragement!!!, devine wisdom don't come any better than this.

@Poster,

Don't bother trading words with Abu Zola. He is Ishmaelite and this is Kind of Headline He enjoys([s]or why do you think He was first to respond with that evil laughter[/s]). Did you Hear him say anything reasonable about our recent quaqmire back home or the Abdul "Malu" Mutallab underpants terrorism here in the U.S?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by na2day(m): 4:40am On Jan 14, 2010
cold:

That pix left me in stitches  grin

No 1forall i hav not lost touch at all,the truth of the matter is that these so called pastors cash in on the gullibility of nigerians who are desperately searchin for 'miracles'.Nigerians are notoriously religious,pliable & gullible which xplains the explosion of churches in every nook,cranny & crevice of the country.I really can't fathom y pple for for these con men disguisin as 'men of God'.

True talk, d level of poverty in the country is so acute, that 9jarians will believe anything! angry
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by bawomolo(m): 4:45am On Jan 14, 2010
that whats i call a sharp pastor.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by na2day(m): 4:52am On Jan 14, 2010
I really wish the kind of intelligence these pastors are displaying is used to fight for the masses against the wicked rulers, havent they heard of men like Rev. martin luther king, but the kind of Rev. king we have in nigerian is in jail!, 

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=8212&z=12
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Smoothsilky(m): 5:14am On Jan 14, 2010
Like they say "once bitten, twice shy". Will u still go back to that church again?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 14, 2010
@Poster

Yeah it happens, I have witnessed this kind of situation.

I believe in God, but sometimes we just have to be realistic with ourselves. Now check out what has happened to you, trecked home, hungry and frustrated.

I do give if my heart tells me too, no matter how the pastor preaches, he can't convince me.

Some even swear that if you don't pay your tithe, you are eating your bla bla bla,  sh, it

I think churches in Nigeria are sometime else, all they want is money, money, money.

Prays about prosperity, you must get VISA, you must go abroad, I'm like what? Visa as in how? some pastors don't even know what they are saying.

This week believe yes, you must buy car, you must count dollars & pounds bla bla, and people will be shouting AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me will just keep quiet cos I don't deceive myself, I say amen to prayers that will work for me

Pastors too want to drive bentley, extend their branches, I ask my self sometimes why can't they help the need if truly they are doing the work of God  lipsrsealed
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by REALTRUTH1: 5:51am On Jan 14, 2010
YOUR BRAIN CAN HARDLY BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS, THAT GOD EVEN GAVE HIM UP THE IN FIRST PLACE!THE BIBLE BECOMES A FABLE TOO,IF YOU RELY ON YOUR BRAIN!however salvation comes to him that believes.with the HEART we believe,excluding human intellects,,,,,
[quote][/quote]
The problem many CHRISTIANS like you have is that U have repeatedly failed to use both the head  and brains that God gave U,,,,,even in the light of evil and unscriptural doctrines by so called men of God,,,U would still quote scripture to back up Pastors fraudulent and manipulative tendencies,,,
The Bible says as a "man Thinketh in his Heart so is he",,,It simply means that U can never be better than ur thought life,,,In Isaiah,,,the Bible declares that sinners should come and "REASON" (LOGIC) with God,,,,So if any Pastor tells U not to reason out whatever he teaches,,,,that is a clear sign of BOKO HARAM,,,,,Even certain Christians in the Bible,,after they have been taught,,,they always go back to the scripture to confirm if what they have been taught is in line with the scripture,,,Pentecostal Christianity in Nigeria is sham!! Almost all the pentecostal pastors knows that they re distorting God's word,,,Apart from Kumuyi in Nigeria,,,the other pastors I respect are Tunde Bakare,,Revd Gbonigi,
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 14, 2010
Yes, Pastors are deadly thieves without a Gun except a village pastor. In the early days of 419, we called the whites MUGU and MAGA, now church goers are 90% turned MUGU and MAGA by Pastors who constantly brainwash them with misinterpretation of sincere Bible verses. And end up getting away, with another. "Give and it shall be given unto thee,' becomes GIVE PASTOR/CHURCH and it shall be given unto thee and worried abt their security afer ripping you off, they say 'Touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm, WHO ANNOINTED THEM, WHO NICKNAMED THEM PROPHETS ?. They use all your money to buy jet and appear on TV (celebrities) fly to South Africa and Ghana for sex. I am a witness to these mayhem. I watch church on TV and attend online churches. No one takes my money. God forbiid, 1 naira, dem no go see from my hand.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Tudor6(f): 6:51am On Jan 14, 2010
Isn't it time these men get arrested, especially the useless ring leaders like Adeboye, Oyedepo and pastor chris. . . I hope they've not abolished the death penalty coz thats what these bas.tards deserve.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by luvola(m): 7:05am On Jan 14, 2010
d poster is a bloddy liar
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Oking1(m): 7:11am On Jan 14, 2010
[size=8pt][/size]Mr poster,when was the last time you went to church before then? Because it seem to me that you never bothered with God or Christianity when you had your job and was rolling in money.i am sure if that your friend had invited you then,you would have told him you dont have the time because of "your job".now you have lost that job and you come running to church and to God hoping for a miracle to happen tongue. you get duped and you start complaining. i see you as a fraud star and a crook trying to rob God and to reap where you did not sow.You re no different from that pastor. You think you can eat you cake and have it?that you can only remember God when you have a problem and then you just run to one church and a miracle will happen and by the next day,you will have another job.You are even worse than the pastor
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Oking1(m): 7:12am On Jan 14, 2010
[size=8pt][/size]Mr poster,when was the last time you went to church before then? Because it seem to me that you never bothered with God or Christianity when you had your job and was rolling in money.i am sure if that your friend had invited you then,you would have told him you dont have the time because of "your job".now you have lost that job and you come running to church and to God hoping for a miracle to happen tongue. you get duped and you start complaining. i see you as a fraud star and a crook trying to rob God and to reap where you did not sow.You re no different from that pastor. You think you can eat you cake and have it?that you can only remember God when you have a problem and then you just run to one church and a miracle will happen and by the next day,you will have another job.You are even worse than the pastor
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Oking1(m): 7:15am On Jan 14, 2010
Tudór:

Isn't it time these men get arrested, especially the useless ring leaders like Adeboye, Oyedepo and pastor chris. . . I hope they've not abolished the death penalty coz thats what these bas.tards deserve.

Oga watch your mouth!!!who are you to judge anybody?are you God?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by FMK(m): 7:19am On Jan 14, 2010
that's way of living from others
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Mauricemoh: 7:23am On Jan 14, 2010
Actually it is highly surprising and disappointing the way people are using the name of God to extort money and valuables from Innocent Nigeria. Some of the so call Pastors of now adays emphasis more on worldly thing than spiritual things, that is why we  have many churches here and there because some people believe they can easily make money through Church. Some churches have gone Plc. The rate of crimes and vices in the country have increased astronomically since emphasis is on making money without even care about how you get  your money. Some people donate heavily to churches without the Pastor knowing the source of income of such fellow. My advice to you  is that you should get closer to God and be prayerful all the time, salvation is from God and he will use his anointed/sincere many of God to take you to the next level. Remain blessed
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by CarlosVent(m): 7:26am On Jan 14, 2010
@Poster,

The Job you lost is it banking job?
If so what bank?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by empron(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2010
Be wise in whatever u are doing.hmmmmmmmm na wa oooooo unemployment has turn so many people to pastor.They do fasting for u on your behalf and u will pay them after the fasting
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by chiogo(f): 7:49am On Jan 14, 2010
LMAO @ story. Na wa oo shocked shocked grin
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by hermosa(f): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2010
LMAO!!! ,, ok for real, God will bless you.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by princekevo(m): 8:15am On Jan 14, 2010
What a fake story? For which church did this happen?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by slap1(m): 8:18am On Jan 14, 2010
i wonder what pastor takes money from a job seeker who is obviously broke to pray for him. i wonder if they have a conscience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Women Be Silent In Churches? / How Can One Be Free From A Tormenting Demon? / Ifa Divination ~ How To Consult Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.