Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,386 members, 7,843,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? (10725 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? / Are Pastors Supposed To Be Celebrities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by lawrence83: 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2010
Why go to church with a pocket full of money? when u can just go with a token
Or better still u wear ur four pocket jeans to church and separate ur money into all the pockets
ur offering on the right pocket, ur transport fare on the left pocket.
and the money in the back pockets shud be tagged the "untouchables".
Even if pastor like, make him ask fire and brimstones to fall nuffin go fall from my pockets.
I swear this will really help you, and make sure u dont get passionately attached to the sermon of the preacher.
these has really helped me, Na my oldman introduce am to me
Am not saying u shouldn't give money but give what ur heart tells u.and remove all elements of guilt from you.
Truly some pastors are rogues . , . . . . . . . . . .Government churches are the best
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by na2day(m): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by segyemaro(m): 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2010
Do government has an approved church?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by r231(m): 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by xtristo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2010
Akaraoku$:

This story has re-enforced my decision to stop going to church.My experience is this :i'm from a catholic background strong one for that matter ,dad parish council chairman, mum strong member of bible society/sacred heart e.t.c.
After school i left home to begin life in Lagos as a working class adult.Initially i was attending the nearest catholic church to me but i was nut getting the much needed spiritual gratification-every sunday is 1st collection;2nd collection,harvest & bazzar,new church building,generator/church maintainance bla bla bla.
I left and decided to try a parish in R.C.C.G ,there i got another shocker! you can imagine a pastor on new year day first service telling his congregation that the past year was bad as people did not bring in enough money via tithing e.t.c i left before the end of the service and went to another R.C.C.G parish almost the story was repeated they were preaching about sowing towards church building and different types sowing.I left for home again feeling empty and sapped.
When i got home ,i made a decision to go back to my root which is Roman Catholic Church since there was no difference ,yet the same pangs of emptiness still hangs after some sunday masses.
There was also a sunday i drove around Lagos looking for a church that preaches more of salvation ,holiness & righteousness instead of money money money!
I have considered joining Deeper Life but i find most of their doctrines very radical embarassed though better than the biz guys that call themselves pastors!
I'm looking for a place in lagos (main land/island) where the ancient word of God is preached , mobile church/gathering is even prefarable .The church is just not the structure but individual souls!

My dear,
I share ur concern. But u know what? At this part of the divide can never get a perfect church. Even that one u select like Deeper life has one kayleg or the other. the rule is look for a Church which emphasizes Jesus Christ and eternal life, a Church that preaches the totality of God's word, a Church that is mission oriented, a church that constantly reminds the people about the inevitable and imminent return of the Bridegroom, a Church that set her affection on things above while fulfilling God's immemorial plan on the planet earth, a Church that teaches her member to daily live with the light of eternity in view, a Church that remain uncompromising in the midst of gargantuan corruption and mammoth vices that have besieged out times. This Church is not a building! It is the ecclesia, the assembly of the called out ones, purchased and washed in Christ's immaculate and impeccable blood. This Church is not a location but u and I!It is a CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS! It is the chosen ones! The day u are hit by this long-range missilic revelation become free from the shackles of religiosity and ritualities.I pray for u my dear, that same light that ambushed Saul on his way to Damascus will visit u. THAT WE ALL MAY BE ONE!THIS IS MY HEART CRY!!!
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by shagaman: 10:30pm On Jan 14, 2010
Confirmento of the highest confirm, guy if you need miracles why not go TB JOSHUA side,so many miracles no result,all this pastors are fake,the problem is that we take pastors like gods,my pastor said this,my pastor said that, Nigeria is the most religious contry on earth,
what do we have to show for it,
Guy i get where dem dey sell fish peppersoup for 700 naira and extra smooth for 220 naira,then you go take the remaining change enter bus.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by manmustwac(m): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2010
Yes Pastors are thieves without guns. The holy bible is thier weapon
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Zodiac61(m): 10:51pm On Jan 14, 2010
Are we not being unfair to pastors (never thought I would ever write this about those thieves people), afterall, they do not stand there and force anyone to part with their money. It is the greedy and the stupid people who hand over their money because they have been promised a 10 fold return who allow them to get away with it.
They are not thieves, but conmen. They people who pay up and complain later are also crooks who want something for nothing.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Phony200(m): 10:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
xtristo:

My dear,
I share your concern. But u know what? At this part of the divide can never get a perfect church. Even that one u select like Deeper life has one kayleg or the other. the rule is look for a Church which emphasizes Jesus Christ and eternal life, a Church that preaches the totality of God's word, a Church that is mission oriented, a church that constantly reminds the people about the inevitable and imminent return of the Bridegroom, a Church that  set her affection on things above while fulfilling God's immemorial plan on the planet earth, a Church that teaches her member to daily live with the light of eternity in view, a Church that remain uncompromising in the midst of gargantuan corruption and mammoth vices that have besieged out times. This Church is not a building! It is the ecclesia, the assembly of the called out ones, purchased and washed in Christ's immaculate and impeccable blood. This Church is not a location but u and I!It is a CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS! It is the chosen ones! The day u are hit by this long-range missilic revelation become free from the shackles of religiosity and ritualities.I pray for u my dear, that same light that ambushed Saul on his way to Damascus will visit u. THAT WE ALL MAY BE ONE!THIS IS MY HEART CRY!!!  

Gbam! Staying at home sometimes is really better. Many times I leave churches halfway through the service when I realize I could be better off sleeping at home.  grin
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by okunoba(m): 12:52am On Jan 15, 2010
Nigerian pastors  are not really thieves without guns, they are more like your 419 fraudsters.  They both offer false promise of greater prosperity or financial reward if u part with your money or rather invest it in them, so they can live their bling life  style. Pastors don`t force anyone to part with their money same way 419 fraudsters don`t force anyone, they both just trick u with false promise. I go chop your money cause u be muggu

Religion as definitely taken away our ability to reason. If prayers or church going was the solution to problems, Nigeria would be one of the most developed countries in the World and Norway would be the least developed. If only we took the time to use our brain and look at other societies like the Scandinavian countries where they don`t pray or go to church every weak, but yet they have a kinder, richer and more humane society, with very little crime and the highest standard of living in the World. Their religion is hard work, discipline and research, not the World of spirits and myths that we spend all our energy on.

Instead of us emberking on hard work, discipline and research we Black Africans would rather spend all our time praying and going to church hoping 4 god to come from the sky to solve our problems, it`s no surprise we are at the bottom of human development.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:18am On Jan 15, 2010
After one guy go church go use ehn tokunbo honda hala do seed faith finish, start to trek, na after about 1 year na him ehn sabi say the pastor job am.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by victichy: 5:57am On Jan 15, 2010
I think they are unemployed and uses the best of what they have
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by victichy: 6:03am On Jan 15, 2010
no I dont think they are
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Anabel(f): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2010
whatever you sow, that you will reap
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Oxone(m): 8:25am On Jan 15, 2010
Its sad 2 knw these things happen & d saddest part is dt when any1 calls God, every nigerian loose their ability 2 reason. How else do u explain d fact dat when these "con men on the pulpit" r less than upright in their words & action we still do not call them to order (no wonder it is said that religiön is d opium of d masses). Their favorite verse being "touch not my annointd & do my prophet no harm" right after all d part of d bible dt talk abt giving. As far as i am concernd, God is everywhere. Ok do u knw how many factories 4billion naira would build or how many graduate wil b employed & yet most of their members celebrated d 4billion naira private jet. How do u justify d wealth of these pastors when some of their members can hardly afford 3 square meal (i stil cant wrap my head around this 1) or is God suppose 2 come down & do american wonders. As 4 me, i am done with these robbers whose sunday suit price tags reads like telephone numbers. Hissss
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by bashydemy(m): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2010
O'Boy if na me i go return that 1000 inside my pocket no matter what people will say no be by force now
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by markjohn12: 10:31am On Jan 15, 2010
please believe this guy it has happened to me also,exactly like his story,well i know them better now,the funny thing about this so called miracle and prophesy they are saying in those churches,do you really think it is real.let put it practicaly now.since you have been attending those churches has any of the miracle and prophesy come to pass in your own life,forget about other people.think about this.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by kolaoloye(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Kola
Your comments on this thread are really giving me cause for concern, i thought you had "repented" why are you supporting those who are twisting God's word to extort others  
On tithe-ing you were able to convince me but if you check your bible from Genesis to
Revelation there was not a single place where giving is forbidden.
Bible even says that God loves a cheerful giver.
If you are in a church and your spirit willingly gives to support God's work I'm not against it.
If you were cajoled to give out of compulsion then it means you don't know what you are doing.
There is no reward for such giving.

Gaco:

U took the words right outta my mouth. True talk!
That's how they(those fake pastors) sound. I won't be surprised to knw that u're one of them because your posts on this thread have been real disappointing. I pity U
There is one thing i want you to understand here.
In the world today,if you are not greedy you cannot fall into the hands of 419ners
likewise in the church.
Truly, some pastors are terrible.
I once even heard about a pastor that normally put some fetish things in his mouth
before mounting the pulpit.

Don't forget that the bible says, "by their fruit you shall know them".
Giving is not compulsory but the fact remains that :if you don't plant you don't reap.
The choice is yours.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by cliveland: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2010
you and people like are the most stupid living beings on planet earth. "MUMU" and u claim to be jobless, d sole reason for ur loss of job is mostly likely u naive stupidity.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by ilosiwaju: 11:20am On Jan 15, 2010
cliveland:

you and people like are the most silly living beings on planet earth. "MUMU" and u claim to be jobless, d sole reason for your loss of job is mostly likely u naive stupidity.

bros u harsh oo
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Josylove: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
I don't like people who are not mature in their reasoning, you followed your friend to a church becos you want to receive from God, but you don't want to appreciate the same God you are expecting from through his servant,  I pity you.  Besides, the Pastor did not order the ushers to force the money out from your pocket, watch your tongue, since you know you're not mature (don't have faith) to sow/plant why did you raise the money, stop speaking ills of Pastors and churches.

I hope you will still share with the house when God blesses  with a job as a result of the seed sown or will you hide the testimony.  I think you need Christ in your life to direct you in all things.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Aishabee(f): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2010
This story is very funny i'm really laffing and my colleagues are just wondering, i dont want to tell them becos i remember vividly they once told me that there is always a bullion Van waiting to collect money after church service everysunday in their church, i can imagine the amount made every week.

We need to wise up sha lipsrsealed
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Dammyray(m): 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
Lord 4give them for they no not what they are saying,

Shior to all of u blackmailing the servants of God,

No pastor, no church that can ever say oya start to pay money by false,

It is what u feel like doing,

No matter what is said if u don't wanna give u shouldn't have,

and the most aspect where i pity this poster was that you gave out the money, ur last cash for that matter

y not hope on God , even use that as an encounter to call his name in provoked manner

, Better find a faith living church because your faith is ZER0
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by rphlogbe: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
Whether fake pastor or not, You believed because the name of God has been mentioned. That same God for whose's sake you gave will definitely reward you.Dont be discouraged.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by AbuZola3(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
Interesting
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by asunaobi(m): 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
rphlogbe:

Whether fake pastor or not, You believed because the name of God has been mentioned. That same God for whose's sake you gave will definitely reward you.Dont be discouraged.

That means that a poor person , but very good and does right things in the sight of God who does not have any money to give or sow as pastors put it, will not get any reward from God! Did I get you right?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Datope(f): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2010
My question to you poster:

Why did you give?

I have some options for you, Please let me know which one best fit your action in church on that day:

1. You gave because the bible ask us to give (bearing in mind that the bible says when we give we should not even allow our left hand to know what our right hand is doing).

2. Did you give because you believe in your heart that the church is "really" in need and your seed will help in a little way to assist the church.

3. Is your giving to the church on that day for the purpose of coming back to Nairaland to ridicule the pastor?

4. Did you give "Just for the purpose of getting a job" since you claimed you were jobless at that time.

Your response will assist me to know if pastors are thieves without guns or not.

ZZZZZZZZhank You.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by segyemaro(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2010
I am enjoying dis forum i swear.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by theseeker2: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
you guys should call a spade a spade and stop decieving yourself in name of religion.
It is an obvoius fact that most of these pastor are theives, milking helpless people in the name of God. Buying private jets and living in mansions. How can a man of God be living like a celebrity? Was christ like that? Jesus said 'it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than to a rich man to enter the kingdom of God'. No pastor will dare read that verse to his congregation.

It amazes how easy it it for for pastors to preach that the laws of old have been nailed to the cross wheras they still continue to force Tithes out of people. Was tithe not also part of the 'old convenant' and also nailed to the cross. Did christ say you should pay tithes?
I once heard a pastor threaten his congregation that 'IF YOU DONT PAY YOUR TITHE, IT SHALL BE TIGHT FOR YOU'.
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by segyemaro(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
@theseeker, you have spoken well. A pastor at RCCG here in kaduna is always saying that IF YOU DONT GIVE YOUR TITHE, YOU ARE A ROBBER. Can u imagine that?
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2010
[size=13pt]Maro. . . , lomg time no see you, how far naaa. . . smiley[/size]
Re: Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? by segyemaro(m): 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
Ogaga,i missed u too. I would want u to contribute on this topic cos i would want to get ur own views and experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Paul And Silas Was In Prison Who Was The DPO? / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) / Our Daily Manna For 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.