Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom (830 Views)

Nigerian Guy Hides Engagement Ring Inside His Girlfriend's Birthday Cake / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) / #3Billion Engagement Ring, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Elhomoj(m): 5:39pm On May 18, 2017
In 2015, during my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), I met a particular lady whom I liked. I approached her and asked her out, but then, she brandished a shining piece of jewellery which she wore on her middle finger. I asked her what that meant. There and then, she told me she was engaged and would get married pretty soon.
I was dead curious, though I knew I would not be able to have her to myself anymore. Still, I probed further by asking her when she got engaged. She then informed me that it was a year before that time. Immediately she said that, I took her as a friend.
Truly, her supposed fiancée came visiting several times and I and every other corps member thought that year would not end before she would become a 'Mrs'. We completed the one-year programme (NYSC), but she was still single and still wielding the ring. It is three years after he proposed, yet the wedding bells are still not rung. She is still as single as a new born baby.
I met another lady recently. I wooed her again as usual, but I got the same response as the one during NYSC. What to do?! I asked her to be friends with me since she could not date me. She obliged me. Many other men knocked on the door of her heart, but she kept on turning them down.
Six months after, I asked her when she would get married, but her response shocked me. She said she did not know. I was surprised because when I asked her out initially, she seemed very sure. She then poured out her heart to me. When she did, I discovered that the man in question does not even have the intention of marrying her. He just wants to enslave her with that ring.
Now, just like those two ladies, many ladies are experiencing the same. A man who does not want to marry a lady, just because he wants her to remain faithful to him will give her a ring. Several good men will come around, but the lady will tell them she is engaged. After five years of 'slavery', the man will say he is no longer interested, thereby leaving the lady with a shattered heart.
At this juncture, my candid advice to all ladies is this - if a man gives you an engagement ring and after six months, he has not taken you to the altar, my dear, return his ring to him. Do not be blinded by love. Remember, it is a wedding ring and not a handcuff. Do not be caged. Be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by dingbang(m): 5:43pm On May 18, 2017
I don't like this..
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Elhomoj(m): 5:46pm On May 18, 2017
dingbang:
I don't like this..
Why, if I may ask? Are you also guilty?
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by dingbang(m): 5:47pm On May 18, 2017
Elhomoj:

Why, if I may ask? Are you also guilty?
no.. I meant the ladies thinking they are taken just because of a mere engagement ring
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Elhomoj(m): 5:50pm On May 18, 2017
dingbang:
no.. I meant the ladies thinking they are taken just because of a mere engagement ring
My brother, that's what operates here in Nigeria. There is this 'get-married-quickly' syndrome in the lives of many ladies.
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by missyadorable(f): 5:50pm On May 18, 2017
That is if the ladies will hear
Any lady who wears an engagement ring more than 6 months is a goat
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by dingbang(m): 5:53pm On May 18, 2017
Elhomoj:

My brother, that's what operates here in Nigeria. There is this 'get-married-quickly' syndrome in the lives of many ladies.
their problem sha.

1 Like

Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Gladiator1: 6:16pm On May 18, 2017
Lol... More to be enslaved soon
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Elhomoj(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2017
[quote author=Gladiator1 post=56650529]Lol... More to be enslaved soon[/quote Funny you
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Elhomoj(m): 9:22pm On May 18, 2017
missyadorable:
That is if the ladies will hear
Any lady who wears an engagement ring more than 6 months is a goat
Hehehehehhehe. Na u talk that one ooo!
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by SirMichael1: 9:25pm On May 18, 2017
Mynd44 or Lalasticlala. I have given this topic my royal seal so I therefore command that you to move this thing to FP

2 Likes

Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by babeflenz(f): 9:40pm On May 18, 2017
Hian.... Only God knows that, it is a week or two weeks to my wedding before I will start wearing my engagement ring.
Give me ring no wahala but if the marriage is not happening soon, I nor dey wear.

2 Likes

Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Gladiator1: 10:55pm On May 18, 2017
babeflenz:
Hian.... Only God knows that, it is a week or two weeks to my wedding before I will start wearing my engagement ring.
Give me ring no wahala but if the marriage is not happening soon, I nor dey wear.
U sound insecure
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by babeflenz(f): 6:36am On May 19, 2017
Gladiator1:
U sound insecure
The rate at which most guys look for a lady to tie down with their ring, I should not be insecure abi? contunue
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by Gladiator1: 8:44am On May 19, 2017
babeflenz:

The rate at which most guys look for a lady to tie down with their ring, I should not be insecure abi? contunue
Come, I'll mk u more secured than u can ever imagine
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by missyadorable(f): 11:54am On May 21, 2017
babeflenz:

Sharp! I wasn't engaged with a ring.
I have never been a fan of engagement rings
I believe in "Tell me you want to marry me by mouth and come see my people for necessary procedure"

And that is how it happened

I only wear wedding ring
Re: Engagement Ring- The Restrainer Of Freedom by babeflenz(f): 9:31pm On May 21, 2017
missyadorable:

Sharp! I wasn't engaged with a ring.
I have never been a fan of engagement rings
I believe in "Tell me you want to marry me by mouth and come see my people for necessary procedure"

And that is how it happened

I only wear wedding ring
sharp girl spotted..

(1) (Reply)

Wat Could Have Happen? / A Bride Sell Her Boobs On Her Wedding Day / Dream Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.