Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) (18456 Views)

Open Letter To Gov Delta State On Plight Of Delta State Graduate Scholars Abroad / UNILORIN Student Who Won A Master's Scholarship Abroad (Photos) / NOT FOUND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 12:24pm On May 19, 2017
NDDC has paid over 25 billion Naira to contractors between November 2016 to March because they corrupt MD and his cronies are the contractors, but won't pay scholars. If I hear Nsima Ekere for governor under APC in Akwa Ibom State. This MD has used scholars money to get more people in Akwa Ibom State decamping to APC
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by nadari68: 12:26pm On May 19, 2017
It is very difficult to concentrate on academia when you're struggling to eat, pay rent, in addition to being harassed constantly by the school authorities. Most of us have been forced to do the lowliest of jobs in order to get by, and this is affecting our studies significantly. How the NDDC is so insensitive to our plights is difficult to comprehend. Please we need these funds released yesterday. We're already stretched to our limits.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Saxifrage12(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2017
There Was A Country

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 19, 2017
I hear PTDF does the same even after selling million of scratch cards. Do we blame IBB or Buhari now. Hmmm, short of words.
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 19, 2017
walton1:
the Niger Delta leaders are the most wicked people we have on earth, they ride on their people back claiming marginalisation by the federal government, when they line their own pockets they castigate their people and milk them, the problems of the Niger Delta is the elites
I have tried to explain this point to ND youths over an over. Do we hear Lagos or some other states beneficiaries of stuffs as this complain.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 19, 2017
Jiang:

Oga find a diner close to you & get work as a cleaner or dish washer. they pay per hour, just reach an agreement in which it wont affect ur studies. A friend of mine did dsame, & he makes twice the amount his old men sends him monthly
This is not what the thread is all about.
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 12:40pm On May 19, 2017
majekdom2:
I hear PTDF does the same even after selling million of scratch cards. Do we blame IBB or Buhari now. Hmmm, short of words.

PTDF paid scholars who arrived October 2016 within 6 weeks after registration. They're not like NDDC

1 Like

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by niyogeol(m): 12:49pm On May 19, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Have u even bothered to ask if the funds were released by the Fed govt before blaming laying blame on NDDC?
Did you read the part where it was stated that 32 out of the 200 scholars were paid early April 2017 when this issue was first brought to the media? If the money wasn't released, how on earth did they get the money with which those 32 scholars were paid? I will leave you to your thought at this point. Shalom.
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Dejinxzy: 12:53pm On May 19, 2017
Pls pay NDDC Scholars thier money.

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 19, 2017
Hiccups:

What are you saying? When has NDDC scholarship become platform for a graduate to forcefully become a cleaner? Was the reason of going to study abroad to make money from cleaner job? It is this unnecessary mentality that makes our leaders get away with their corrupt act. How would what you just type benefit Niger Delta?

You people should just chill nah haba, i never said the goverment should not pay ur schoolarship, am under the impression as q grown adult you should not only depend on ur parent( government in dis case) to hand u money. if you guys are too big to do these jobs, then, ur free to keep waiting for the government while you.....
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 19, 2017
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 19, 2017
angry
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Kith: 2:09pm On May 19, 2017
MK dem go hold buhari hin dey london
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 2:23pm On May 19, 2017
Jiang:

You people should just chill nah haba, i never said the goverment should not pay ur schoolarship, am under the impression as q grown adult you should not only depend on ur parent( government in dis case) to hand u money. if you guys are too big to do these jobs, then, ur free to keep waiting for the government while you.....

This is not a case of depending on anyone. It is about doing what ought to be done. NDDC gave them award letter, this was the basis which visa and study permit was granted to scholars, NDDC has to do what is right. Do you know $30k value of the scholarship is not enough for most schools in UK and some scholars use personal funds to make up? And you still want them to be cleaners just to show they're independent even when it affects their grade? Well just be informed NDDC scholarship was not meant to go abroad and demonstrate to Niger Delta that one is independent.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 2:28pm On May 19, 2017
Do not blame anyone on this issue other than Nsima Ekere, He is the MD of NDDC, forget whatever they may try to say, no director can block payment if that Nsima Ekere is serious about paying
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 19, 2017
And they have open new application for scholarship ooooo... Nigeria
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 19, 2017
Hiccups:

This is not a case of depending on anyone. It is about doing what ought to be done. NDDC gave them award letter, this was the basis which visa and study permit was granted to scholars, NDDC has to do what is right. Do you know $30k value of the scholarship is not enough for most schools in UK and some scholars use personal funds to make up? And you still want them to be cleaners just to show they're independent even when it affects their grade? Well just be informed NDDC scholarship was not meant to go abroad and demonstrate to Niger Delta that one is independent.

Your missing the entire point here so...

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 3:26pm On May 19, 2017
Jiang:

Your missing the entire point here so...

What is "the entire point"?
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by franfumu(f): 5:24pm On May 19, 2017
Jiang:

Olodo, didn't you read that they are doing menial jobs already. They clean toilets, dispose refuse to buy food and transportation to school. Olodo, let me ask you, how will they pay their fees, accommodation etc. You see, you are a confirm Olodo. Please read the post again.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by phinajoe: 6:26pm On May 19, 2017
This is very sad, as I remember vividly during the briefing, they hammered how important it was for us to travel immediately so we won't lose the scholarship or not be paid on time. I personally had to borrow from everybody I could telling them not to worry that NDDC promised to pay us before the first quarter of the year. I have literally worked my life out to pay these debts and some of them have yielded so much interest. Sometimes I work and work and have to stay up at night to study and do my course work so I will meet up.

This is just disheartening how some group of people will siphon this money and send us out to suffer. Till today I still havent completed payment of borrowed money, house rent still accumulates, school will soon get on my neck for their money.

NDDC please consider us as your children, and will you send your children out of the country without money. This is pure wickedness and will never go unpunished if not by man but definitely by God.

Please pay NDDC 2016 scholars. Stop this suffering and wickedness

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by iphyconsult: 7:36pm On May 19, 2017
This is total wickedness. Mind you, previous years scholars especially the recent 2015 scholars have not previous tuition and mobilization fee payments
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by iphyconsult: 7:39pm On May 19, 2017
Do you see the 2015 scholars struggle for thee "CHANGE MOVEMENT"?

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFXW6drB8U
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 7:39pm On May 19, 2017
How I wish 2016 Scholars will match to embassy at UK now that Mr. President is around.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 7:41pm On May 19, 2017
iphyconsult:
Do you see the 2015 scholars struggle for thee "CHANGE MOVEMENT"?

Watch this

This is how it's done. Don't know why 2016 scholars hiding their face when those feeding off their money don't hide faces

1 Like

Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by iphyconsult: 7:41pm On May 19, 2017
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by iphyconsult: 7:43pm On May 19, 2017
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by 3mmyz(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2017
This is the same NDDC fighting for 3% but can't pay for Scholars tuition.
Re: NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos) by Hiccups: 7:53pm On May 19, 2017
In less than one year, Nsima Ekere is simply the most corrupt NDDC MD without conscience. Akwa Ibom State will regret should this man have a shot at Governor's seat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FUTO Expels 10 Students, Rusticates 103 Over Exam Fraud / Victor Ikpeba's Top Grammarian Grammar / What It Takes To Graduate With A Good Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.