Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians (840 Views)

Which Of The Nairalander(s) Will You Like To Meet In Person? / Pressure Mounts On Obama To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration In Person / Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by sendtodeji: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2010
I just received a shocking news from a colleague at work. He tried purchasing a British Airline ticket for his father and was not allow to do so by British Airline. He put a call across to BA and was told that he had to come in person with proper identification to pay for the ticket. This, I believe, is another fallout of our being listed as one of the "countries of interest".

Anyone else has similar experience lately? Please, share. Until I hear similar stories, I want to believe that this is an isolated incidence that cannot be generalized. By the way, my friend is a US-Nigerian Citizen.

To travel agents, have any of the airlines issued any new policies since the December 25, 2009 incidence?
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by jaybee3(m): 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
no be 2day oh and BA is certainly not alone with such drastic policy.
i don't blame them.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
sendtodeji:

I just received a shocking news from a colleague at work. He tried purchasing a British Airline ticket for his father and was not allow to do so by British Airline. He put a call across to BA and was told that he had to come in person with proper identification to pay for the ticket. This, I believe, is another fallout of our being listed as one of the "countries of interest".

Anyone else has similar experience lately? Please, share. Until I hear similar stories, I want to believe that this is an isolated incidence that cannot be generalized. By the way, my friend is a US-Nigerian Citizen.

To travel agents, have any of the airlines issued any new policies since the December 25, 2009 incidence?

This is no news.
This has been on going for a long time. At least 2 years.

If you are paying for a flight and you are not travelling then you'd be asked to pay at the counter.
Happened to me when i tried paying for a flight for my mum.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
most airlines dont accept credit card payments for flights out of Nigeria.

This preceeded mutallab and you can thank your fellow Nigerians for that vis a vis 419.

dont blame it on dec 25, which is completely different.

Now, if they refuse to fly Nigerians at all, then you can blame mutallab.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by coolier(f): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2010
Interesting.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by blacksta(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2010
I dont blame them - here in the u.k i know of people who have purchased business class seats to Nigeria with fraudulently obtained credit cards - Naija people no easy oooo -

Only God can remove that fraudently blood from us.
Re: Pay In Person, Says British Airline To Nigerians by Choco5: 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
blacksta:

i know of people who have purchased business class seats to Nigeria with fraudulently obtained credit cards

You know of them? Are they in your family.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Gen. Muhamadu Buhari's Sins / What Will You Best Remember Yar'adua For ? / Best Nigeria President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.