Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA (37505 Views)

Prof B. L. Adeleke(08071878926): Meet the Prof that Won't let you Graduate / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by Oladipo1166(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2017
LastMumu:
Op is right. I had a CGPA of 1.61 in school five years ago and up till now I haven't been able to land a job. The cleaner job I was managing last year, the day my manager overheard me telling a colleague about my CGPA, he sacked me immediately. angry
hummmmm..... u ar nt a shame of ur grade
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by jessetom(m): 8:45pm On May 19, 2017
Dottore:
Well the truth is that most first class, second class upper, Distinction, UpperCredit graduates end up being employed by illiterates, third class and pass holders.

I know many instances where the establishments of the so called illiterates engage the services of HR Consultancy firms to recruit for them. The HR firms even conduct aptitude test for the applicants. Chai

What's the probability of being an illiterate and employing graduates?
And what's the probability of getting a job, by virtue of good grades . Or of being employed by the illiterate.

One illiterate, will employ 200 graduates. I rather be 1/200 graduates rather than be 1/100000000000000 literates
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by jojothaiv(m): 9:19pm On May 19, 2017
LastMumu:
Op is right. I had a CGPA of 1.61 in school five years ago and up till now I haven't been able to land a job. The cleaner job I was managing last year, the day my manager overheard me telling a colleague about my CGPA, he sacked me immediately. angry
With This Moniker..

I bet your mission has been accomplished..

Strolling Out of Thread in a jiffy..
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by airprinz(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2017
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by MrLekan95(m): 9:46pm On May 19, 2017
Noting.....
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by Gerrard59(m): 10:24pm On May 19, 2017
airprinz:
pls rummies, help a brother pls.
my brother scored 233 in jamb that have just been released. he is so woried, he's crying...
he said his jamb score isn't ok to apply for admission in UNN.

Pls is he scores not ok to apply for admission (medicine and surgery) in UNN??

Admission into tertiary institutions currently depend partly on one's WASSCE/SSCE results. If your brother has or is sure of making parallel As, then there could be hope. If not, I advise he settles for a lower discipline.

Applying to study medicine (anywhere) denotes scoring not less than 290, coupled with a good high school result. Anything less is tantamount to writing again or settling for something lower.
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by chaiks: 11:00pm On May 19, 2017
its true graduating with a poor grade I'll somehow affect you.but in present day Nigeria and d world,it shouldn't stop one from achieving his goals.we are in a world of globalization.so many skills and business opportunities and routes to live good life.its just that the Nigerian society makes it look as if people who graduated with good grades but have no connection committed a crime.I am victim of that.I came out d best graduating student in my dept (not first class though)but uptill now no show for job.I am presently trying to acquire ICT skills to complement my profile.in Nigeria ,once you graduate with a good or bad grade,you can be successful if you have connection,acquire proper ICT skill,master d environment you live to know the kind of business that I'll thrive there,and above all pray constantly for gods grace.for those that have good grades,I have come to think that looking up for scholarships abroad for further studies I'll be ideal,at least in low profile universities in some countries.this might pave a way.language skill is another good buck.expand your contact,get in touch with your classmates who didn't grad with a good grade .they might be connected more than you.above all ,continue to meet people and pray always.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by kk4real: 12:11am On May 20, 2017
chmond84u:
sad sad

SCAM ALERT!
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by fergusen: 11:03am On May 20, 2017
Bakerdav:
Make you sit-down dey talk rubbish, everything in Nigeria are connection , weather u HV gud or bad grades,I hate when pple talking​ all this rubbish
grin wink
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by mmmustapha(m): 1:09am On May 21, 2017
piagetskinner:

ur face looks familiar did u do ur Nysc orientation at keffi
no, I did my camp at ikare akoko Ondo state and later relocated to fct Abuja.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by piagetskinner(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2017
mmmustapha:
no, I did my camp at ikare akoko Ondo state and later relocated to fct Abuja.

Okay...mixup
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by fergusen: 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by fergusen: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
angry lalasticlala
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by fergusen: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by fergusen: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2017
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by Worldbest281: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
lolz..... God is able
Re: 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA by fergusen: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
chaiks:
its true graduating with a poor grade I'll somehow affect you.but in present day Nigeria and d world,it shouldn't stop one from achieving his goals.we are in a world of globalization.so many skills and business opportunities and routes to live good life.its just that the Nigerian society makes it look as if people who graduated with good grades but have no connection committed a crime.I am victim of that.I came out d best graduating student in my dept (not first class though)but uptill now no show for job.I am presently trying to acquire ICT skills to complement my profile.in Nigeria ,once you graduate with a good or bad grade,you can be successful if you have connection,acquire proper ICT skill,master d environment you live to know the kind of business that I'll thrive there,and above all pray constantly for gods grace.for those that have good grades,I have come to think that looking up for scholarships abroad for further studies I'll be ideal,at least in low profile universities in some countries.this might pave a way.language skill is another good buck.expand your contact,get in touch with your classmates who didn't grad with a good grade .they might be connected more than you.above all ,continue to meet people and pray always.

Great advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School / Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones / Fire burns 12 corpses in OAU’s morgue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.