Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People (17052 Views)

Why God Allows This? / Christians, God Is Responsible For Atleast Some Of The Suffering On Earth . / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Exciton(m): 9:31am On May 21, 2017
Lol. Theists always sound foolish whenever they try to explain away the issue of the existence of evil and suffering in a world supposedly created by a GOOD, OMNISCIENT, and OMNIPOTENT god.

It's simply impossible for a creator to fulfill those three conditions and still end up creating the world we live in governed by the food chain, the laws of thermodynamics, and the extremely violent history of evolution where more than 95% of all species are already extinct. Also, you should never forget that there is a perpetual war going on at the microscopic scale - microorganisms constantly developing new attack and defensive abilities - all as a result of the laws that govern the universe.

Advice to theists: just stop the argument and accept it as a divine mystery to keep your faith.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by malvisguy212: 9:37am On May 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
What has this question got to do with the op?

Common don't be shy, make a point.
what cause suffering ? is it not disobedience ? if you disobey God , whose fault is it ? people fullishly blame God.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Youdondeymad: 9:38am On May 21, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
that Adam's sin got me laughing like seriously??
so all thse surffernes na coz of Adam wey me know abi??
op continue ooooo don't forget to tell us the brand of weed u smoked before posting this shaaa
Correct guy,Adam sin ko,lucipher sin ni.

So much heresy and confusion in this world.

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:49am On May 21, 2017
malvisguy212:
what cause suffering ? is it not disobedience ? if you disobey God , whose fault is it ? people fullishly blame God.
This young child in the picture below was suffering.

As a wise person, who do you blame?

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Pastafarian: 9:54am On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

the world is broken because of our actions... we will fix it with our actions... apart from severe cases like war, famine.. don't blame suffering on the world because of lack of redemption... the redemption we need is from people of evil mindset

when did Adam turn to “our".. even if i approach Genesis literally.. so because someone ate an apple the rest of humanity will suffer right? are your pastors suffering? or are there descendants of another adam who didn't eat the apple

refer to point abovr

this is a lie.. how does suffering keep you dependent on God? are the pastors not dependent on God? are the Chinese billionaires dependent on the God you worship?

“and they've sold us a pie in the sky and a sweet by and by after we die.. instead of giving us something sound on the ground while we're still around" ~Dr Khalid Muhammad ~

your pastors aren't very christ like then

through suffering??... please listen to yourself

refer to points above... suffering is not a criteria for making heaven or being closer to God... this your mindset encourages people to want to remain poor instead of making them get up and change their situation... if anyone wants to be reach.. he/she should be ready to work hard.. you don't get any trophy for being a poor person

hopefullandlord tips his imaginary hat

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by mrww(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUxKTYllcE/
Just click and like this picture on Instagram
#much love
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by kunleben1: 10:01am On May 21, 2017
malvisguy212:
I suspect that those who use suffering as a "proof" of God's non-existence would not want to have their free choice taken away from them,but that's exactly what God would have to do if He were to enforce His will on the earth. For if God were to intervene in the matter of suffering, would He not also intervene in the matter of sin? If He did, He would have to be a dictator.
Then how would we react? We would not want that,and according to the Bible, God doesn't want it either. He wants us to obey Him because we want to, not because we have to. And in order to accomplish this, He must allow two things to happen. First, in order to grant us free choice, He must provide us with graphic examples of the consequences of the wrong choice. Secondly,He must allow injustices and sufferings; otherwise he'd provide sinful mankind with every blessing and benefit without restriction. If everything in this life was fair, good and happy, what need would there be to seek a better life? Why would we seek a Deliverer, if there was nothing to be delivered from? Suffering is not something that ought to turn people away from God, but draw them to Him.

Thank u brother. I cannot agree less with u. I always likened the God-human relationship to the normal relationship we usually practice here on earth. How do u feel when u know that ur wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend love u naturally without u having to force it on her/him? Imagine u beating ur wife just to ensure that she must love/obey u. Even if she succumbs because u can overpower her, u know within ur heart that she doesn't actually love u/or want to submit to u, u r just forcing her to. Same thing goes to any relationship whether father-son, parents-children, boss-employees. This is same with God-human relationship. He gave us a choice to love/obey him or not to. If u choose to love and obey him, u have all the benefits, just like how u can do anything for ur submissive wife and obedient children. But unlike human who mete out punishment immediately for their disobedient children/unsubmissive wives, God would not do that. He will only wait giving u millions of opportunities for u to change ur mind.(2peter 3:9). He will not because of that curse u or punish u. But u will be living in luck, in a world filled with evil and good. And if u now die in the process, then that's when the punishment will come. An eternal damnation. Where u will have no choice again. For it is appointed for a man to die only but once, after which is judgment. (Hebrews 9:27). This choice that God has given us is what makes us think there is no God or God is slow. This is the earth and not heaven. If everything is perfect here then what need is there for a heaven? God has angels who have no choice but to obey Him and do his will. If he has to do that for us, then it means he will be converting us to angels which we r not. Typing is not easy, I would have gone on and on. But I hope this sheds a little light on the discussion at hand.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by keemi(m): 10:11am On May 21, 2017
One word for the OP "foolish " tongue
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by malvisguy212: 10:29am On May 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
This young child in the picture below was suffering.

As a wise person, who do you blame?
look at the earth, who can say the earth is not enough for the growth of food ? so if people stave, will you blame the supplier or the distributor ? do you remembered the bags of food that was sent to Sudan ? but the food was diverted by corrupted official. will you blame the people who donated the food or the distributor ?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by hahn(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:
Exactly my problem with people like this OP.

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

Christianity has over 33,000 denominations. If that is not a sign of confusion, I don't know what is

Yahweh really enjoys watching his creation suffer. What a mean bastard cheesy grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by oaroloye(m): 10:39am On May 21, 2017
SHALOM!

Thistrendblog:

While we may not be satisfied with what God has revealed about his purposes in suffering, we cannot justifiably say he has not revealed anything about his purposes in suffering.

We may not have the answer we are laboring for, but we do have a wealth of answers that lie in the same field.

Here's an outline of ten reasons identified in God's Word:
1. To remind us that the world is broken and groans for redemption [Romans 8:20-23].

2. To do justice in response to Adam's (and our) sin.

3. To remind us of the severity of the impact of Adam's (and our) sin.

4. To keep us dependent on God [Hebrews 12:6-7].

5. So that we will long more for heaven and less for the world.

6. To make us more like Christ, the suffering servant [Romans 8:29; II Corinthians 1:5, 4:11].

7. To awaken the lost to their need for God [Psalm 119:67, 71].

8. To make the bliss of heaven more sweet [Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:13; Psalm 126:5; Isaiah 61:3].

9. So that Christ will get the glory in being our strength [John 9:3; 2 Corinthians 4:7].

10. And so that, thereby, others see that he is our treasure, and not ourselves [II Corinthians 4:8-9].

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/10-reasons-why-god-allows-suffering-on.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

EVERY ONE OF THESE REASONS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT!

There is only ONE REASON for SUFFERING in the Earth, and NONE of these reasons mention It.

The Browser I am using is unreliable, and if I use my usual Paste-Up Technique, I may lose everything I write- so I will go into detail later.

ALL SUFFERING HAS ONE CAUSE ONLY.

. GENESIS 1:26-31.
. DEUTERONOMY 8:1-6.

God created Man to exercise DOMINION OVER THE EARTH. ALL SUFFERING is therefore the FAILURE to FULFIL that Purpose.

THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD are GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS on HOW TO DOMINATE THE EARTH- starting with DOMINION OVER OUR HUMAN MIND and our HUMAN BODY.

Failure to implement The Commandments of The Law of God at every level of Existence leads to CHASTENING, which is SUFFERING.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:41am On May 21, 2017
malvisguy212:
look at the earth, who can say the earth is not enough for the growth of food ? so if people stave, will you blame the supplier or the distributor ? do you remembered the bags of food that was sent to Sudan ? but the food was diverted by corrupted official. will you blame the people who donated the food or the distributor ?
Let's assume the child was suffering from illness.

Who would you blame?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by malvisguy212: 10:54am On May 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Let's assume the child was suffering from illness.

Who would you blame?
are you guys insane or what ? if you fall sick is God fault ? your heart is harden , the holy spirit is far from you, you cannot be convict of your sin, you see yourself as righteous man, this is the reason Jesus make the famous statements " the unforgiving sin"
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by oaroloye(m): 10:54am On May 21, 2017
SHALOM!

hahn:

Christianity has over 33,000 denominations. If that is not a sign of confusion, I don't know what is

Yahweh really enjoys watching his creation suffer. What a mean bastard cheesy grin

CHRISTIANITY has many Denominations (no way can there be as many as 100, let alone 3,000!) but only ONE GOSPEL, and ONE WAY to CORRECTLY INTERPRET AND IMPLEMENT IT.

The "confusion" is entirely yours.

Lord YAHSHUA called us to FOLLOW HIM- not "denominations." How, then, is "confusion" possible?

WILL SMITH was boasting to his father that he was better than him, because he had MORE CARS than he did.

His father pointed out that he still didn't have but the ONE ASS to SIT in them!

There is therefore no confusion in Christianity.

Either the Christian treats the Words of YAHSHUA as GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS TO THEM, or else they DO NOT.

There is NO MIDDLE GROUND.

LORD YAHSHUA FORBADE HIS DISCIPLES TO BECOME RABBIS AND MASTERS.

That means that EVERY CHURCH that has RABBIS and MASTERS is FAKE.

After you have ELIMINATED all of those, how much "CONFUSION" do you have left?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by hahn(m): 10:59am On May 21, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

CHRISTIANITY has many Denominations (no way can there be as many as 100, let alone 3,000!) but only ONE GOSPEL, and ONE WAY to CORRECTLY INTERPRET AND IMPLEMENT IT.

The "confusion" is entirely yours.

Lord YAHSHUA called us to FOLLOW HIM- not "denominations." How, then, is "confusion" possible?

WILL SMITH was boasting to his father that he was better than him, because he had MORE CARS than he did.

His father pointed out that he still didn't have but the ONE ASS to SIT in them!

There is therefore no confusion in Christianity.

Either the Christian treats the Words of YAHSHUA as GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS TO THEM, or else they DO NOT.

There is NO MIDDLE GROUND.

LORD YAHSHUA FORBADE HIS DISCIPLES TO BECOME RABBIS AND MASTERS.

That means that EVERY CHURCH that has RABBIS and MASTERS is FAKE.

After you have ELIMINATED all of those, how much "CONFUSION" do you have left?

Oh please undecided
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:07am On May 21, 2017
malvisguy212:
are you guys insane or what ? if you fall sick is God fault ? your heart is harden , the holy spirit is far from you, you cannot be convict of your sin, you see yourself as righteous man, this is the reason Jesus make the famous statements " the unforgiving sin"
I only asked a question.

Who do we blame for thousands of children dying daily?

Did they disobey God?

Please stay focused on the questions raised.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by jfleece(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2017
I hate it wen presumed brilliant people analyses crap.... The devil is wiser than men and he is using their ignorance to persuade people into atheism..
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ElsonMorali: 11:14am On May 21, 2017
Suffering is as a result of sin. QED!

I agree in totality with the OP, But there's much more to it than stated.

Whatever suffering each one of us passed through in this life is meant to purify us from ego and make us humble.

Sometimes, or most times, our sufferings are as a result of karma, punishment due to sins of a previous life which is meant to purify us.

Also, when we aspire for something and we keep falling short, it's because there's a lesson we are meant to learn at that stage in life and we can't proceed until we learn that lesson.

Our journey in this world is a journey towards perfection as Jesus Christ himself said, be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect.

Reincarnating many times helps us to move towards achieving perfection.

But If after several subsequent reincarnations you keep moving lower and lower into abyss, you get worse in a next incarnation than you were in the immediate past life, then eventually you slip into the realm of total annihilation and separation from God.

And that is hell.

Nobody knows which level they are in. You just have to keep struggling to be good and to "do unto others as you want done to you", which is the central theme running through all of Christ's teachings.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ElsonMorali: 11:19am On May 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I only asked a question.

Did they disobey God?

Who do we blame? So for lack for someone to blame you decide to blame God?

Why don't you blame your leaders who propagate war in the first place, or your leaders who embezzle funds, or yourself who lots of times would see good But decide to do evil.

Why should God be blamed?

Would you prefer he keeps stepping forward and taking back the gift of freewill he has given to us whenever we are about to satisfy our selfish instincts?

God is not to blame for the problems and sufferings of the world, not even the devil is, man is.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:21am On May 21, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Who do we blame? So for lack for someone to blame you decide to blame God?

Why don't you blame your leaders who propagate war in the first place, or your leaders who embezzle funds, or yourself who lots of times would see good But decide to do evil.

Why should God be blamed?

Would you prefer he keeps stepping forward and taking back the gift of freewill he has given to us whenever we are about to satisfy our selfish instincts?

God is not to blame for the problems and sufferings of the world, not even the devil is, man is.
Perhaps you should follow our conversations from the 1st page. I didn't bring God into this matter.

Your friend I quoted had this to say...
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by waldigit: 11:22am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:
Exactly my problem with people like this OP.

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

Suffering is important thing God used to get people into his perfect will or divine purpose for their life. Outside your divine purpose you are on your own for suffering and struggling. Adeboye and co in their life history also suffered before they got into the divine purposes for their lives then eversince the suffering and struggling stopped. I have spoken from experience, shalom.
pls check my today's posting titled ' What is the essence of life' for further details.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by malvisguy212: 11:26am On May 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I only asked a question.

Did they disobey God?

who do you think is the problem for their illness ? did their disobedience cause their illness ? are they Christians ? did they look upon God to cure their illness ?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:30am On May 21, 2017
malvisguy212:
who do you think is the problem for their illness ? did their disobedience cause their illness ? are they Christians ? did they look upon God to cure their illness ?
I would rather you give the answers or reason for their suffering. Stop spinning.

Do you know why children suffer?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 21, 2017
Crap
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by kenrish2(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2017
realestniggah:

y'all seem to forget that when you are born into this world you had no idea or knowledge about any thing..you forget you are indoctrinated into religion..now that you are grown up and can think for your self you fail to see the flaw in religion and that it is man made
I agree with u religion is man made but the life Christ brought for us is not man made doctrine, u might not believe in christ so u have not experience the wonderful favour an supernatural experience that comes to those who believe. if u have gone thru some experience in life u will know that God is real and these things are not man made doctrine
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by banmee(m): 12:27pm On May 21, 2017
Thistrendblog:

While we may not be satisfied with what God has revealed about his purposes in suffering, we cannot justifiably say he has not revealed anything about his purposes in suffering.

We may not have the answer we are laboring for, but we do have a wealth of answers that lie in the same field.

1. To remind us that the world is broken and groans for redemption [Romans 8:20-23].

6. To make us more like Christ, the suffering servant [Romans 8:29; II Corinthians 1:5, 4:11].

8. To make the bliss of heaven more sweet [Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:13; Psalm 126:5; Isaiah 61:3].

9. So that Christ will get the glory in being our strength [John 9:3; 2 Corinthians 4:7].

10. And so that, thereby, others see that he is our treasure, and not ourselves [II Corinthians 4:8-9].

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/10-reasons-why-god-allows-suffering-on.html?m=1

All rubbish reasons. Una sef. Smh. People suffer because;

1. Lack of information/exposure. You don't know what you don't know. This is very rampant in places like Nigeria. If you are not informed, how do you better yourself?

2. Lazy muthaphuckers. What's worse than not knowing what you are doing is being lazy and expecting everything to fall on your laps. Most Nigerians are like this as well.

3. Bad luck. Shiit happens. Most people just don't understand that bad things will always happen. It is inevitable. In countries like Nigeria, It is always the devil or a witches fault for something going wrong.

4. Religion. This will forever hold millions of people back till the end of time.

You guys are amazing.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by akbayo(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2017
Thistrendblog:

. I believe Jesus has come to die for your sins, what sins are you suffering for again. You better be wise Bible is a scam....
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 21, 2017
I'm a bit surprised that most Christians (as evidenced in this thread) don't know or don't think that God permits/allows suffering (even undeserved suffering) on His children undecided

Anyways...*shrugs*
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by mezebel(f): 2:00pm On May 21, 2017
IamProfessorval:
I agree with most of the reasons, but Adam's sin?
Why should a sin that was committed thousands of years ago by one man concern me?
because adam sin before fathering u and I,that is why we are partaker of adamic sin. My opinion.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 21, 2017
And those that are from none Christian faiths? This is the reason why there are multi-millionaire pastors in the country. Blind faith!
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Relevance(m): 2:35pm On May 21, 2017
This is absolute fallacy. Why then did Jesus die? Suffering doesn't do God nor the sufferer any good. Jesus paid for it!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.