Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People (17057 Views)

Why God Allows This? / Christians, God Is Responsible For Atleast Some Of The Suffering On Earth . / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by eodavids(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:
Exactly my problem with people like this OP.

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

Dear, Those wealthy people you mentioned are not yardstick for measuring anything in Christianity. To whom much is given, much is expected.

Let it interest you to know that the poor will make heaven more than the rich (parable of Carmel passing through the needle eye). So much of heaven-bound believers are the poor and not the wealthy, not even a wealthy pastor.

God is interested in your making eternal life than in your acquiring wealth and affluence, as the people you mentioned.

When JESUS-CHRIST was on earth, the Bible says he was friend to Lazarus, Mary and Mater. Surprisingly, the all powerful Jesus did not make them wealthy. If it were me and you, those orphans needed wealth and comfort above any other thing, but Jesus thought otherwise. When Lazarus died, HE cried in grief and raised him back to life which is more difficult.

God delights in the humble more than the wealthy. And The wealthy must work extra mile before they make eternal life. The wealthy pastors there fore must work extra mile or they could miss heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by joe4christ(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2017
realestniggah:
God doesn't exist..stop all this rubbish

when you die you loose consciousness forever.. same thing that happen when you go to bed at night and you have no idea what going on around you. there ain't no heaven or hell

if God really does exist I wonder why he would allow that RCCG female preacher to be murdered while she was preaching his word

y'all should leave religion alone and focus on building this country

Pls be enlightened. Energy according to scientific findings can never be destroyed. Human consciousness is an energy. What makes you think such a strong energy will just cease to exist upon death of the one who wields it?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by joe4christ(m): 4:37pm On May 21, 2017
Vorpal:
Learn from the story of Job, it's the devil that afflicts not God.

Please educate yourself. God is the author of Job's suffering, he engineered the devil into doing what he is naturally good at, that makes the devil God's servant

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by sonofthunder: 4:39pm On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

bible says //... after you have suffered a little while, God will strengthen, stablish and settle you.../// its a process
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 21, 2017
joe4christ:

Please educate yourself. God is the author of Job's suffering, he engineered the devil into doing what he is naturally good at, that makes the devil God's servant

Your version.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by joe4christ(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2017
Vorpal:

Your version.

Better still, go study your Bible wella.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by realestniggah: 7:43pm On May 21, 2017
joe4christ:

Pls be enlightened. Energy according to scientific findings can never be destroyed. Human consciousness is an energy. What makes you think such a strong energy will just cease to exist upon death of the one who wields it?

believe it or not that energy just vanish and cease to exist..yes our consciousness are all made up of energy that keeping use alive once that continuous cycle of energy that is burning inside our body is interrupted we cease to exist that energy is destroyed then we die and our body become cold because that energy which was burning in our body is what keep our body temperature warm..that why when you see a dead person after a few hours after they are dead their body becomes cold ..we simply just decay..and became food for maggot..
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by TOPMAN4LIFE: 8:43pm On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

they av paid their own price in d past
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by vanvino(m): 10:30pm On May 21, 2017
ignis:
With all due respect, Op I disagree with your write up.
God does not allow his people to suffer, Christains suffer basically as a result of ignorance.

Hos. 4:6 My people perish for lack of knowledge.

Op, for writting this trash, you are obviously ignorant of the magnificent provisions in the word of God. You need knowledge.
if you say this how can you reconcile this with the case of Job?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:14pm On May 22, 2017
realestniggah:
God doesn't exist..stop all this rubbish

when you die you loose consciousness forever.. same thing that happen when you go to bed at night and you have no idea what going on around you. there ain't no heaven or hell

if God really does exist I wonder why he would allow that RCCG female preacher to be murdered while she was preaching his word

y'all should leave religion alone and focus on building this country
God does exist! Very soon............very soon you will acknowledge it.....

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by joe4christ(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2017
realestniggah:

believe it or not that energy just vanish and cease to exist..yes our consciousness are all made up of energy that keeping use alive once that continuous cycle of energy that is burning inside our body is interrupted we cease to exist that energy is destroyed then we die and our body become cold because that energy which was burning in our body is what keep our body temperature warm..that why when you see a dead person after a few hours after they are dead their body becomes cold ..we simply just decay..and became food for maggot..

So, if I got you correctly. You are saying scientific stance on energy being understructible is false
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 6:24am On May 23, 2017
joe4christ:

And you call yourself Joe4christ?

Point where in the Bible where it is said, the devil is God's servant.

Plus is is it God that afflicted job or it was the devil? We are not talking about why or how it happened.

Simply put, Does God do evil?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 9:07am On May 23, 2017
HungerBAD:

Sin can attract immediate punishment or earthly suffering to draw a christian back to God. A bible verse in the new testament says, expel the sinful brother so that he will suffer in the flesh and his soul might be saved on the last day.

Secondly, a bible verse says " My people suffer for lack of knowledge ", meaning someone (a christian) can still suffer for his own mistakes, like wrong Investment (MMM), Transport biz, etc.

Finally, aside these two scenarios, there is nothing holy in suffering. Some Christians think suffering is holiness, No. I believe in the prosperity of believers..

Aside that, I don't condone suffering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by hahn(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2017
Naughtysite:

Sin can attract immediate punishment or earthly suffering to draw a christian back to God. A bible verse in the new testament says, expel the sinful brother so that he will suffer in the flesh and his soul might be saved on the last day.

Secondly, a bible verse says " My people suffer for lack of knowledge ", meaning someone (a christian) can still suffer for his own mistakes, like wrong Investment (MMM), Transport biz, etc.

Finally, aside these two scenarios, there is nothing holy in suffering. Some Christians think suffering is holiness, No. I believe in the prosperity of believers..

Aside that, I don't condone suffering.

Here in Nigeria there are more believers who suffer than those who live lives without suffering. I think it is god's plan

It enjoys watching it's people suffer while it sits back and watches. If it didn't, it would have done something to end suffering

Jehovah is the god of suffering smiley
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 9:51am On May 23, 2017
hahn:

Here in Nigeria there are more believers who suffer than those who live lives without suffering. I think it is god's plan

It enjoys watching it's people suffer while it sits back and watches. If it didn't, it would have done something to end suffering

Jehovah is the god of suffering smiley

Nah who do you this thing ?

Yes, 95% of Nigerians suffer for bad economy. How do they translate to being Christians ?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by hahn(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2017
Naughtysite:

Nah who do you this thing ?

I should be asking you this question

Yes, 95% of Nigerians suffer for bad economy. How do they translate to being Christians ?

Your inability for comprehension is why you asked such a question

We are talking about Christians

Out of the population of Nigerians who are Christians what percentage do you think do not face suffering, disease, poverty and all those thing Jehovah created out of love. Remember, it is a loving god
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by zeongeon: 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
if you have testimonies on the supernatural or your interested or you have got unusual questions or topics you want to share or learn about then you may want to join this whatsapp community were we seek to discuss things rarely discussed from divine healing, angelic experiences, Astra projection, personal views /ideologies , restoration etc.. Share your stories, talk about strange but true events and also learn too. Everyone is welcome to join the group be you Christians, Muslims, traditionalist, Atheist, Buddhist etc
use the link below to join
https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/4tmUk0OkFhU9zTGb1Zpq3v
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by joe4christ(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2017
Vorpal:

And you call yourself Joe4christ?

Point where in the Bible where it is said, the devil is God's servant.

Plus is is it God that afflicted job or it was the devil? We are not talking about why or how it happened.

Simply put, Does God do evil?

Yes. He actually is the author of evil, worse than the devil himself.

Read your bible abd see for yourself!
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 8:34am On May 24, 2017
joe4christ:

Yes. He actually is the author of evil, worse than the devil himself.

Read your bible abd see for yourself!

Argh! I see. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin? / Reasons Why We Go To Church. / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.