Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? (6765 Views)

Who Created God? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / My Idea On Who Created God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ElsonMorali: 11:23am On May 21, 2017
Nobody created God. He always was, he always is and he always will be.

He has no beginning, neither will he have an end.

The concept of time and space is only peculiar to this realm of existence.

And that's all we know, so it's quite difficult to grasp the concept of God and spirituality.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 11:24am On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

.. God is believed to be existing... He is not believed to have begun to exist at any point in time.. so it cannot be said that He was created

*to say "God is believed to be existing....", is saying that you have evidence, that backs that claim.

*assumption that God exist, will be the most appropriate word.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by swagguElite(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2017
teelaw4life:

Lol, you think it's because I'm against the op asking that question. I was only referring to fanatics who'll jump in here to tell him how such a question translates to heresy, blasphemy and what not instead of addressing his question head-on.
I didn't kno! ...accept my apologies ... I detest any form of hatred! ...I hope yu find my apology ForgivenWorthy! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by swagguElite(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

Nice observation. Let us not attack ourselves but my question
grin yes boss!

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
There's no way you can deal with such sensitive issues without involving logic,God is in our core like the scriptures said "don't you know ye are gods and sons of the most high".Religion alone might never satisfy your thirst for this question,except getting costant threats like you've seen above.I believe God is the universe "without him was nothing that was made",everything is energy and bundles of consciousness...these are my pantheistic views.Thought the might help... I rest my case
Have bn enjoying ur meaningful contribution all along. Are u backing out already? U shouldn't. Ppl r still talking. U may meet a point or two to pick from their comments
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 11:42am On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

. just like a circle has no beginning or end... God is believed to have neither beginning nor end..

* a circle drawn by man, has a beginning and end. With naked eyes, this points can be observed. More observable with special lens.

*Since it's man, that relates with "circular God", men do know its (God) beginning of existence.

*God is an idea, that begin to exist in the imagination of early men (who were grossly ignorant and perplexed), and were trying to understand the cause of "mysterious" phenomenon like thunder, rainbow, fireflies etc, in their environment.

*men created Gods!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 11:45am On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

i don't seem to understand you.. how is the beginning of the circle the end?... if it is, then are you saying that every part of the circle is its beginning and its end?... please clarify.. thanks
Have u drawn a circle before?

2 Likes

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Nobody created God. He always was, he always is and he always will be.

He has no beginning, neither will he have an end.

The concept of time and space is only peculiar to this realm of existence.

And that's all we know, so it's quite difficult to grasp the concept of God and spirituality.
U said that it is quite difficult to grasp the concept of God but also claim that He has no beginning nor end. Isn't that contradictory to your stand of difficulty in knowing him because it holds that u have known him already?

What I'm asking here is this: the fact that He exists presupposes that He must have began to exist somewhere sometime. How come His existence is the puzzle
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by teelaw4life(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

talking of the concept of an all supreme creator, God is believed to be the creator of everything.. including time.. so its a little out of place to ask for a “time" when God didn't exist before he began to exist.. he being the creator of time, he has been existing.. i would've said existing before time was created.. but that would be saying there was a time before time itself.. which is wrong... or basically you can take time to be a measurement to be a measurement of events in eternity.. so anything that begins to exist had a beginning in the event of eternity and might also have an end.. but God is believed to be eternal, dwelling in eternity.. meaning he didn't have a cause or beginning in eternity.. just like a circle has no beginning or end... God is believed to have neither beginning nor end..

please refer to the point above.. not everything that exists must have a cause.. just everything that BEGINS to exist.. something that his existing is existing.. just is.. like the circle scenario above.. something that begins to exist has a beginning and cause for its existence.. being subject to laws

Not everything that exists must have a cause? Is there anything to back up this assertion? And why can we not apply this logic to us humans when it has not even been proven that our existence is the result of a singular act by an 'uncaused' entity? Can we not assume that we are the product of something that was in existence before us which in turn was a product of another which was in existence before it? The idea of God's existence only leads to a paradox.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 11:53am On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

* a circle drawn by man, has a beginning and end. With naked eyes, this points can be observed. More observable with special lens.

*Since it's man, that relates with "circular God", men do know it's (God) beginning of existence.

*God is an idea, that begin to exist in the imagination of early men (who were grossly ignorant and perplexed), and were trying to understand the cause of "mysterious"phenomenon like thunder, rainbow, fireflies etc, in their environment.

*men created Gods!
Nice observation but u could be right and wrong
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

Have bn enjoying ur meaningful contribution all along. Are u backing out already? U shouldn't. Ppl r still talking. U may meet a point or two to pick from their comments
Not really backing out...if only I can find better words to explain,God performs miracles right? you and I know that not just Christians perform miracles e.g Shamans,islams,judaism,hinduism,etc all perform miracles but why are miracles performed outside Christianity known as magic? It's a known fact that magic is just manipulation of matter,only those with strong mental abilities can pull this stunts...the Church was meant to be a spiritual school but it's obvious that the true purpose have been hijacked by greed and selfishness...it was supposed to be a communion where consciousness are gathered and projected to achieve a common aim.Many churches have lost this purpose and have failed to teach it's members that's why the people that seek God in the wrong way end up not finding it and give up becoming atheists.Woe to our clerics and religious heads.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

*Since it's man, that relates with "circular God", men do know its (God) beginning of existence.

*God is an idea, that begin to exist in the imagination of early men (who were grossly ignorant and perplexed), and were trying to understand the cause of "mysterious" phenomenon like thunder, rainbow, fireflies etc, in their environment.

*men created Gods!
Men created the Sky Daddy the real god is in us.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

*to say "God is believed to be existing....", is saying that you have evidence, that backs that claim.

*assumption that God exist, will be the most appropriate word.

hello.. i believe we've passed this stage of “evidence" of something beyond our capacity.. neither you nor i have any instrument for determining eternity or measuring it.. the best we have are logical inferences
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:02pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
Not really backing out...if only I can find better words to explain,God performs miracles right? you and I know that not just Christians perform miracles e.g Shamans,islams,judaism,hinduism,etc all perform miracles but why are miracles performed outside Christianity known as magic? It's a known fact that magic is just manipulation of matter,only those with strong mental abilities can pull this stunts...the Church was meant to be a spiritual school but it's obvious that the true purpose have been hijacked by greed and selfishness...it was supposed to be a communion where consciousness are gathered and projected to achieve a common aim.Many churches have lost this purpose and have failed to teach it's members that's why the people that seek God in the wrong way end up not finding it and give up becoming atheists.Woe to our clerics and religious heads.
We all know that no man is ever willing to give in his best where his interest is not involved. Most religious leaders have actually drawn people away from God to their selves because of what they start d to gain. They find it hard to dig deep into the World to find answers to spiritual hunger that Christians are faced with such as the one we are analysing here. They just tell us we should refrain from them.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:05pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

hello.. i believe we've passed this stage of “evidence" of something beyond our capacity.. neither you nor i have any instrument for determining eternity or measuring it.. the best we have are logical inferences
Are u indirectly promoting dogmatism?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:08pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
Men created the Sky Daddy the real god is in us.
Really? How come we don't do extraordinary things as gods
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:08pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

The question that you have still not answered is, if God idea is beyond human comprehension, how then did you discover God?

3 Likes

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:08pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

this isn't a rebuttal.. i talked of a circle.. i never specified whether it was drawn by man or a computer etc..

Since it's man, that relates with "circular God", men do know its (God) beginning of existence.

*men created Gods!

I'm going to desist from theist atheist arguments.. the point of the OP is not asking for God's existence.. its of the question “who created God"? .. meaning the op is of the view or assumption that God exists(according to the genesis story) but is trying to ascertain if he has a creator

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:10pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:
Nice observation but u could be right and wrong
Until I'm proven wrong.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:11pm On May 21, 2017
teelaw4life:

Not everything that exists must have a cause? Is there anything to back up this assertion?
i quoted from a cosmological argument.. Leibniz or so.. also, we have no instrument to measure eternity.. so all we can use are logical inferences

And why can we not apply this logic to us humans when it has not even been proven that our existence is the result of a singular act by an 'uncaused' entity? Can we not assume that we are the product of something that was in existence before us which in turn was a product of another which was in existence before it? The idea of God's existence only leads to a paradox.

I'm not arguing for God's existence.. the logic cannot be applied to humans because it has been proven that humans and the universe in general had a beginning
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

We all know that no man is ever willing to give in his best where his interest is not involved. Most religious leaders have actually drawn people away from God to their selves because of what they start d to gain. They find it hard to dig deep into the World to find answers to spiritual hunger that Christians are faced with such as the one we are analysing here. They just tell us we should refrain from them.
They'll surely answer for it someday,"knowledge is power" they say,have this knowledge and bathe people in ignorance they'll surely depend on you for the rest of thier lives.They don't want thier members to know what they know,no wonder in some churches prayer warriors can't even heal the sick except the pastor himself.They'll answer to this,as we have learnt we must pass on what we know cos every spiritual gift misused we'll answer for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

The question that you have still not answered is, if God idea is beyond human comprehension, how then did you discover God?
True!
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

i said it was beyond our capacity.. i never said we won't get there.. although we might be extinct before then.. my point was that we have no scientific instrument or equipment to measure eternity at this point in time and the substantial evidence you seek can only come from the scientific evidence which we don't YET have the ability to acquire
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

this isn't a rebuttal.. i talked of a circle.. i never specified whether it was drawn by man or a computer etc..

I'm going to desist from theist atheist arguments.. the point of the OP is not asking for God's existence.. its of the question “who created God"? .. meaning the op is of the view or assumption that God exists(according to the genesis story) but is trying to ascertain if he has a creator
To add more to ur point, That He exists is unquestionable but who made Him
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:15pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

r
It's bro. It's man that relates with God idea, not robots.

Wilgrea7:

going to desist from theist atheist arguments.. the point of the OP is not asking for God's existence.. its of the question “who created God"? .. meaning the op is of the view or assumption that God exists(according to the genesis story) but is trying to ascertain if he has a creator

I'm still on the OP's enquiry. For a grand answer to his enquiry, the question must be understood first.

If the OP understand that the idea of God, is an assumed idea ab initio, he will have a better method of enquiry.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:
Are u indirectly promoting dogmatism?
no
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by alanka(f): 12:18pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:
I don't mean to sound as an atheist but this question has always popped up in my mind every now and then. Now, religious-wise nlanders, help me out.

How Did God Come To Be?
It is only on nairaland I saw people with no brain.

Asking a man like you who created God. Madness of highest order is when you are dragging people into what they don't know, what their brain can not guest of because it is issue of time before the world.

Tell me, if somebody tells you is this, is that will you believe it? You won't became you know that they are just saying what is not true but you just want to drag them into what they don't want

All because you want to look wise, now they are seeing you as unlearned person so they are avoiding your thread. Anyway, dont drag them into what you will not finish as they have said

You just want to drag them into what will later end on abuse, insult etc must you force them to say yes when they have outrightly said no? BAD PEOPLE THREADIND
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

To add more to ur point, That He exists is unquestionable but who made Him

if you're talking of the Judeochristian God, he is believed to be the supreme being by Christians and Jews.. supreme meaning highest.. if he was created, then he isn't the supreme being
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

Really? How come we don't do extraordinary things as gods
Because you've not discovered how...think of it,do you think it's by chance man has dominion over all living things in the world? If your talking about the metaphysical aspect yes it is possible! Just know that it's kept a secret as an object of control from the powers that be,men can perform miracles,healing,telekinesis,telepathy,etc all this are skills that need proper patience and time to develop.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

It's bro. It's man that relates with God idea, not robots.

I'm still on the OP's enquiry. For a grand answer to his enquiry, the question must be understood first.

If the OP understand that the idea of God, is an assumed idea ab initio, he will have a better method of enquiry.
The idea of God's existence cannot be said to be an 'assumed idea' because arrangement of events and effects must be an act of a Cause.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:20pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

i said it was beyond our capacity.. i never said we won't get there.. although we might be extinct before then.. my point was that we have no scientific instrument or equipment to measure eternity at this point in time and the substantial evidence you seek can only come from the scientific evidence which we don't YET have the ability to acquire

You didn't get the question.

God existence and its origin of existence, are beyond your comprehension.

How then did you come about God, since it's beyond human comprehension?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:22pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

The idea of God's existence cannot be said to be an 'assumed idea' because arrangement of events and effects must be an act of a Cause.

And what is the cause?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / Nigerian Pastor Patrick Anwuzia Down With Kidney And Liver Failure, Seeks Help / My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.