Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? (6713 Views)

Who Created God? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / My Idea On Who Created God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 1:58pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
Ignorance breeds fear which in turn breeds hate,ignorance is a fertile ground for insecurity,it waters the ego on the contrary knowledge breeds light,love,tolerance and understanding.Haven't you wondered why our top religious leaders wine and dine together,e.g christian and islamic clerics,okay you watch on the news about how Pope Francis frequents the middle east but we can't say the same for our grassroot religious institution members,go to the core North and scream "Jesus is Lord" and risk being stoned to death.The more people are exposed to the truth they become less uncertain and hostile.If this top tier leaders can expose thier flock to the truth and not use them as pawns for control.
I still stand my ground that the allow theirselves to be used in the first place. U don't swallow all u r taught hook and sinker. That's Why we are rational beings. There will always be grounds for thought after bn taught.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

If God be the beginning like u said , How den did dat 'beginning' begin?
That's the issue. That beginning has no beginning because it is outside time which was created by God.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 2:04pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

That's the issue. That beginning has no beginning because it is outside time which was created by God.
There can't be an existence without a beginning. For a thing to be, it must have STARTED to exist
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 2:05pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:
There can't be an existence without a beginning. For a thing to be, it must have STARTED to exist
It must have started. Based on time, right?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2017
alanka:
symptoms of evil is when people are very sure of no answer either bablically or scientifically but you want to use all means to drag them to say or do what they don't want to.

If you check nairaland, threads like this are many what ended the thread? Insult, abuse, threat...at the end they did not get anything out of it but being banned.

Now you came with it they said no, you just want to force into issue that had been discussed almost every year, which I am very sure you know.

Now if I say i created God will you accept? If I say nature created God will you accept? If I say God created God will you accept? You will want me to tell you how do I know? If I now say I was there when God created God will it sound good to you? No.

But if you will accept any of above options then you should is your cup of tea. All will again end up to be argument, insult, abuse, thread just as the other ones went.

If science says this earth is 8 billion years old and the oldest man on earth is less than 200 years it means no man on earth was able to see, or talk to people who lived 500 years ago but you want them to tell you who created God.

If God created a property that worth 8 billion years old and the highest age of the occupant is 150 years is it not a sign of madness for a 150 years old man to be asking another 150 years old man who created God that created world that is 8 billion years
Are u in any way saying that one can't strive to know that which have existed before his existence? Why den do we study history? I'm not trying to drag anybody into what he or she should avoid. I dnt know why it is hard for u to understand this
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 2:12pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

It must have started. Based on time, right?
Something of that nature. At an instant.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

So what do u call that period that is outside the time that God created
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 2:21pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

Something of that nature. At an instant.
So how will you describe the person who created time?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

So what do u call that period that is outside the time that God created
I have no idea. The question was who created God. And my answer is that someone who isn't limited by time, space and matter can't be created and that person is God
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

I still stand my ground that the allow theirselves to be used in the first place. U don't swallow all u r taught hook and sinker. That's Why we are rational beings. There will always be grounds for thought after bn taught.
My guy my definition of intelligence is the 'measure of curiosity'...atheism is on the rise in Nigeria because things are falling apart,the so called church cannot quench the thirst of our youth nowadays,so they're seeking answers elsewhere.It was in my quest for the truth that I knew that Religion personified God,the Universal law is love which Jesus commanded "love your neighbor as yourself".The cosmic God does not give a damn how you leave your life,just do good to your fellow man and let love lead the way.Be careful of anyone telling you "God wants this or that"..."Satan wants this or that",check well it is them that actually want it,man can manifest himself either as God or Devil because they are both different sides of the same coin.You get my drift?

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

I'm not after the person who to you, created time but how He came to be
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 2:26pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

I'm not after the person who to you, created time but how He came to be
You still have a flawed knowledge of what God is. So if someone created God, then why is He worth worshiping since he was created like the rest of us? Before there was time, space and matter, there was nothing.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ElsonMorali: 2:50pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

U said that it is quite difficult to grasp the concept of God but also claim that He has no beginning nor end. Isn't that contradictory to your stand of difficulty in knowing him because it holds that u have known him already?

What I'm asking here is this: the fact that He exists presupposes that He must have began to exist somewhere sometime. How come His existence is the puzzle

No it's not contradictory.

That you don't know God fully doesn't mean you can't know a little about him.

There are aspects, revealed to man That we know about him.

He is a Mystery who's depth can not be fathomed by even the most brilliant of created mind, human or angelic. The day you know your Creator fully is the day you become his equal.

Proof of his existence is buried in our own existence.

There was a time there was nothing, yet God existed even then. Otherwise, you'd ask, who started everything off anyway.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2017
ElsonMorali:

No it's not contradictory.

That you don't know God fully doesn't mean you can't know a little about him.

There are aspects, revealed to man That we know about him.

He is a Mystery who's depth can not be fathomed by even the most brilliant of created mind, human or angelic. The day you know your Creator fully is the day you become his equal.

Proof of his existence is buried in our own existence.

There was a time there was nothing, yet God existed even then. Otherwise, you'd ask, who started everything off anyway.
I luv ur conclusion and the question itself. Who started things ab-initio including God Himself?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 3:40pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

You still have a flawed knowledge of what God is. So if someone created God, then why is He worth worshiping since he was created like the rest of us? Before there was time, space and matter, there was nothing.
How den did He come to be since to u, nobody caused His existence
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
My guy my definition of intelligence is the 'measure of curiosity'...atheism is on the rise in Nigeria because things are falling apart,the so called church cannot quench the thirst of our youth nowadays,so they're seeking answers elsewhere.It was in my quest for the truth that I knew that Religion personified God,the Universal law is love which Jesus commanded "love your neighbor as yourself".The cosmic God does not give a damn how you leave your life,just do good to your fellow man and let love lead the way.Be careful of anyone telling you "God wants this or that"..."Satan wants this or
that",check well it is them that actually want it,man can manifest himself either as God or Devil because they are both different sides of the same coin.You get my drift?
Perfectly. Dat bn said, my curiosity wasn't borne out of the mishaps Nigeria is bn confronted with. Just a way to know more
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

I have no idea. The question was who created God. And my answer is that someone who isn't limited by time, space and matter can't be created and that person is God
My brother, there is more to life than we think we know.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

Depends on who u bliv created the time
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 21, 2017
I like this Respect55..... He maintained the purpose for the thread without entertaining derailment..... And yet nobody(THEISTS) could give an answer to the question
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 5:15pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

My brother, there is more to life than we think we know.
You say there is more to life. I say there is more to God. If we can fit God in our tiny Brain then He isnt worth worshiping.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by LiberaDeus: 5:19pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

You say there is more to life. I say there is more to God. If we can fit God in our tiny Brain then He isnt worth worshiping.

How come you not only have fixed him into your tiny brain, you have fixed him into a book with 66 sub books.

You religious people claim to know god, his name, what he said to create the world, the will of god, the name of his son and even his plans for the future. You also claim to know his preferences.

Please how did you fit all that into your tiny brain and how did the miilions and billions of religious people fit all that into their tiny brains and please dont tell me it was revealed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ElsonMorali: 5:55pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

I luv ur conclusion and the question itself. Who started things ab-initio including God Himself?

And it's a question that keeps on repeating ad infinitum.

If you ask, who created matter, what would you say?

Somebody created matter. If you say the big bang, what banged? And who made whatever bang, bang?

So next you ask who created the person who made the big bang, bang?

Whoever created that person must have been created by someone. Who created that someone? Ad infinitum.

So, there must be someone who has always existed, who wasn't created and there was a time he never was, He indeed created everything that exists.

Do you honestly look at yourself and think that you are a product of accidental creation?

It's just like saying that a whirlwind swept through a scrap yard and assembled a Ferrari! undecided
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ElsonMorali: 5:59pm On May 21, 2017
adepeter26:
I like this Respect55..... He maintained the purpose for the thread without entertaining derailment..... And yet nobody(THEISTS) could give an answer to the question

You probably didn't read my response.

The answer is nobody.

It is a very simple answer But one that is complicated for atheists.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ElsonMorali: 6:09pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

That's exactly where the problem is, isn't it?

You are equating God to material creatures.

We have always existed in TIME and SPACE. That is the only realm we can remember. That's why whenever we think about the concept of God, we always think in terms which we understand, TIME and SPACE.

Yet, God who created time and space is himself outside of time and space.

Lemme give you an example to show you that time is an illusion.

(I Hope your imaginative powers are quite strong)

Imagine yourself floating off to space from the earth.

Then you're in space floating and looking at the earth rotate and revolve around the sun.

For you in space, there's no sunrise or sundown. Everywhere is dark and you can see the earth's movement and not be affected by it. There's no way for you to know what time it is because your wristwatch would be useless and the sun is stationary from where you're observing it. So no sunrise or sunset where you are.

Now If you can't imagine that, it will be even difficult to explain that space as we know it is a construct of our minds. Our manas mind.

I Hope haven't lost you yet.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2017
LiberaDeus:

How come you not only have fixed him into your tiny brain, you have fixed him into a book with 66 sub books.

You religious people claim to know god, his name, what he said to create the world, the will of god, the name of his son and even his plans for the future. You also claim to know his preferences.

Please how did you fit all that into your tiny brain and how did the miilions and billions of religious people fit all that into their tiny brains and please dont tell me it was revealed.
2 peter 3:18. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
We are supposed to keep growing in our knowledge of God. You can't know all of Him. Christianity is a school you can't graduate from because everyday you study the word, you find out something new about Him. So no one knows everything about God. We just tend to grow in the knowledge of Him.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 21, 2017
ElsonMorali:

You probably didn't read my response.

The answer is nobody.

It is a very simple answer But one that is complicated for atheists.
No body created god, but god created somebody? Is this logic?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

I just did and with the little I was able to grasp, made reference to God as that which has been from the very beginning. Now, who began that beginning?

I believe, the answers are mystery.....
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by alanka(f): 7:32pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

Are u in any way saying that one can't strive to know that which have existed before his existence? Why den do we study history? I'm not trying to drag anybody into what he or she should avoid. I dnt know why it is hard for u to understand this
can strive to know anything you want in life but don't let it hang on others, don't let it cost anyone, researches do not have limitation it goes on as far as you exists.

Especially when it costs troubles, fights...intelligent people when they get to a place they passive the environment well before action

Make research, don't hang it on anyone here so somebody does say what he does not want to say.

If also you are a good reader, an intellectual, you would have seen that I did not in anyway say someone should make findings.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2017
alanka:
can strive to know anything you want in life but don't let it hang on others, don't let it cost anyone, researches do not have limitation it goes on as far as you exists.

Especially when it costs troubles, fights...intelligent people when they get to a place they passive the environment well before action

Make research, don't hang it on anyone here so somebody does say what he does not want to say. My brother, making an inquiry is not tantamount to hanging one's problem on others. Come to think of it, why are u pleading on their behalf? Nobody else is complaining but u.

If also you are a good reader, an intellectual, you would have seen that I did not in anyway say someone should make findings.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ElsonMorali: 9:48pm On May 21, 2017
adepeter26:

No body created god, but god created somebody? Is this logic?

Logic does not apply to God.

That's simple, basic and elementary Theology.

To God, 1+1+1=1

To God, "a thousand years is just like an evening gone".

Pride and arrogance is what makes us think we should be able to plunge the depths of he who created us.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2017
Zita55:

I believe, the answers are mystery.....
Let's try to unravel it
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 21, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Logic does not apply to God.

That's simple, basic and elementary Theology.

To God, 1+1+1=1

To God, "a thousand years is just like an evening gone".

Pride and arrogance is what makes us think we should be able to plunge the depths of he who created us.
If logic doesn't apply to God, how did you come to realise this? How did you arrive at this conclusion?

How did you arrive at the points/examples you gave above?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strange Tales From The Mortuary / Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.