Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Mugabe's Extravagant Life - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe's Extravagant Life (2487 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe's Extravagant Life by clintonty(m): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2010
Zimbabweans suffer from a leadership that only thinks of itself. Even Kenya is not far from the same. In Uganda , a serving president appointed his wife a cabinet minister. When is this going to stop in Africa? I pray that God should single-handedly liberate AFRICA from OPPRESSORS. undecided undecided undecided

Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by clintonty(m): 9:25am On Jan 14, 2010
You could imagine the millions of dollars spent to buy this expensive bus, at the expense of the poor masses. Hunnn undecided God dey ooo.

Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 14, 2010
its a beautiful bus sha

i wouldnt mind acquiring one tongue
Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by ElRazur: 10:40am On Jan 14, 2010
When will people learn that you can't post things like this without proofs or sources[s]! I could post anything that is tasteful and extravagant, then say it is for one useless president. Omo, lets us try to be critical, sceptical, think inside and outside the box etc. . . . Do not take things at face value.
Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by clintonty(m): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ElRazur Do you so much believe its not possible for an African President to spend lavishly at the expense of their teeming poor masses? Well this is from a reliable source. You can as well find out. But more importantly, we need African leaders that will make positive leadership impact upon his/her people like Mandela.
Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by debosky(m): 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2010
Source? No link to Mugabe as far as I can tell.\

Nice ride though, wouldn't mind that being my cross country cruiser. grin
Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 15, 2010
Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by ElRazur: 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2010
clintonty:

@ElRazur Do you so much believe its not possible for an African President to spend lavishly at the expense of their teeming poor masses? Well this is from a reliable source. You can as well find out. But more importantly, we need African leaders that will make positive leadership impact upon his/her people like Mandela.

That is not the point. The point is anyone can post anything and claim anything. What we need is sources and from there we can make our own mind up.

Going by what MrPresident posted, it appears it is a gift from the Chinese. This goes against what the thread title and content suggest i.e Mugabe uses public money to pay for it or something along those lines.

You see, without challenging the story, one will go away believing that Mugabe did exactly just that, whereas that is an inaccurate view to hold. I am not a fan of Mugabe, but we should at least stick to facts. grin
Re: Mugabe's Extravagant Life by ElRazur: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
debosky:

Source? No link to Mugabe as far as I can tell.\

Nice ride though, wouldn't mind that being my cross country cruiser. grin

Even better for the next BBQ meet. cool

MrPrsdent:

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1267481.php/Chinese_ambassador_gives_Zimbabwes_Mugabe_birthday_bus_report

thats the link

but its actually a gift from Mugabe's newly found friend,the Chinese!

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

"What A Shame"; See What A Woman Wore On Her Wedding Day. Photo / Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home / Why Is The Us And Europe Afraid Of China's Dominance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.