Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

How We Got Here As A Nation. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How We Got Here As A Nation. (396 Views)

We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) / Just Got Here Anybody To Show Me Round?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Got Here As A Nation. by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 21, 2017
Tribe A Father: Son.
Tribe A Son: Sir.
Tribe A Father: Marry not from Tribe B when you grow up.
Tribe A Son: Why dad?
Tribe A Father: Stop asking why. When you grow up, you will know.
Tribe A Son: But I like(mentions her name) and I would like to marry her when I grow up.
Tribe A Father: You cannot and these are the reasons. They are dirty. Too dirty. They are deceptive too. They will tell you A, but they will do B. Do you know the chameleon that changes its colour? They are so deceptively unpredictable like the chameleon.
Tribe A Son: But my best friend that I just told you of that I will grow to marry is from Tribe B and they are neat, very neat and they are not deceptive.
Tribe A Father: They are dirty and deceptive, my son.
Tribe A Son: But dad, you don't know this family. You may think you know the tribe but you don't know this family.
Tribe A Father: But the family belongs to Tribe B. They are dirty and deceptive. And you must not marry from that tribe. That's final.

SCENE TWO
Tribe A Son: I can't marry you and I can't from your tribe when I grow up.
Tribe B Daughter: Why?
Tribe A Son: You people are dirty and deceptive.
Tribe B Daughter: You have come to our house on many occasions and on many occasions you talked of how neat and honest we are. Why the sudden change of opinion now?
Tribe A Son: I had a discussion with my dad and he told me that ultimately because of your tribe, you will still be dirty and deceptive.
Tribe B Daughter: That reasoning is flawed. The tribe I belong to doesn't determine the person I will become. You believe in your dad even when the evidence is the opposite of his conclusion?!
Tribe A Son: Didn't my father also say there was a civil war in the country and a man from your tribe made us lose the war!
Tribe B Daughter: The war you started with little plan and resources?! You defied a nation for certain reasons and this man you accuse from my side was on the side of the nation from the beginning. How was he deceptive?
Tribe A Son: I believe whatever my dad says. You people are dirty and deceptive. In fact, you are heartless. Because of this man from your tribe, many of our people died. How callous?
Tribe B Daughter: They died because they went against a nation with little or no plan or resources. Plus, you people, I heard, are too tribalistic... Given the opportunity, I might not date someone from your tribe too. cry
Re: How We Got Here As A Nation. by SexyNairalander: 7:21pm On May 21, 2017
booked
Re: How We Got Here As A Nation. by BlackDBagba: 7:35pm On May 21, 2017
Go on....
Re: How We Got Here As A Nation. by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 21, 2017
BlackDBagba:
Go on....
What do you mean?
Re: How We Got Here As A Nation. by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 21, 2017
hmmm i dey go
Re: How We Got Here As A Nation. by RichieDaVinci01(m): 7:41pm On May 21, 2017
OK so
Re: How We Got Here As A Nation. by BlackDBagba: 7:46pm On May 21, 2017
Thought there was more to the story....

solasolasola:
What do you mean?
Re: How We Got Here As A Nation. by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 21, 2017
BlackDBagba:
Thought there was more to the story....

There are always more to a story. But this thread isn't primarily about the events leading to the story, it is about the sad effects of the whole thing.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Play The "If I Were A Or If I Was A" Game / Latest On Funmi Iyanda’s Vlog; How Not To Lose Yourself Whilst In A Relationship / Susan Peters Wows In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.