Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah (1368 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / Why Do We Justify The Actions Of Philandering Men? / I Am So Ashamed Of My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah by inspirationsity: 12:07am On May 22, 2017
Sarah: I feel so ashamed of myself and some of my past actions
Wisdom: Why?
Sarah: I’ve done a lot of things and been through a lot of things in my past. Right now, I am so full of guilt
Wisdom: Have you asked God for forgiveness?
Sarah: Yes, I have. However, I still feel unworthy and not proud of myself because of the people my actions have negatively affected
Wisdom: Have you asked these people for forgiveness?
Sarah: Yes, I have. Yet, I can’t look them in the face because of the memories of my actions
Wisdom: Sarah, don’t you think it’s time you forgive yourself and pick yourself up once again?
Sarah: Forgive myself? You know that’s a difficult thing to do. I’ve tried forgiving myself but I still feel I can’t keep living with the guilt and shame
Wisdom: Do you know that difficulties with self-forgiveness have been linked with suicide attempt, eating disorder, and alcohol abuse, among other problems?
Sarah: Really? So, how is self-forgiveness going to make me erase my past missteps?
Wisdom: Forgiving yourself will not make you erase your past mistakes, but it will help you take responsibility for making the future more better than the past
Sarah: You know sometimes it’s easier said than done. I’ve tried forgetting these events and yet, it still lingers in my mind and wouldn’t let me focus on what I should do and become
Wisdom: Of course, it’s not going to be an easy thing to do but you should realize that forgiving yourself is not about forgetting the events of the past, it’s about not bringing the offence up to yourself in a negative way
Sarah: What if others try to bring it up against me?
Wisdom: Sarah, the reality is that you cannot change what has happened and you do not have much influence on how others will treat you, however, you can choose to make a difference in the lives of people around you.
Sarah: Don’t you think it’s too late and I can’t really make a difference anymore? What if God decides to punish me in the future?
Wisdom: Don’t you think it’s time you see God as your Heavenly Father and rely on the scriptures that says: “As a father is kind to his children, so the Lord is kind to those who honour him” “He does not punish us as we deserve or repay us according to our sins and wrongs?”.
Sarah: So, what would you suggest I do now?
Wisdom: It will be rewarding if you start thinking, talking and acting on what you can do to be a blessing to everyone around you. Your life holds a matchless purpose and it is highly significance, you too can add great value to humanity.
Sarah: Thanks wisdom. I choose to forgive myself, pick myself up and bring out the best of me to make life less difficult for others.
Wisdom: That’s a great attitude. I will leave you with the following positive self-talk. Keep saying it to yourself out loud daily, until your heart fully believes it, and then begin to take steps that will make you radiate confidence, courage and wellbeing:

Sarah: I forgive myself

I chose to realize,
I am like a blade of grass
here today and gone tomorrow.
I am like a vapor, here today and then gone.

Therefore, I choose to stop beating myself up
for past mistakes and missteps.
My past circumstances cannot abort
future opportunities.

I choose to be all
that I was intended and predestined to be,
for my creator, myself and for humanity.
To forgive is divine.

I choose to believe,
I do not have to stoop over
just because some aspects of my life
haven’t been working so well.

I choose to forgive myself
for any perceived failure,
stand tall once again, and reclaim
my sense of human dignity.

I choose to dedicate my life
to the greatest good of all,
and release my potential to make
the world a better place.

I forgive myself

What are you grateful? Turn your experiences into valuable lessons that might help others now and/or in the future. Read other people's stories and Share your own story today and let it reflect your thankfulness to our Heavenly Father and your appreciation to those He used.
Kindly visit: http://www.inspirationsity.com/share-your-story/

For free download of the Video and Audio version of the self-talk above kindly visit
www.inspirationsity.com

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:05am On May 22, 2017
inspirationsity:
Sarah: I feel so ashamed of myself and some of my past actions
Wisdom: Why?
Sarah: I’ve done a lot of things and been through a lot of things in my past. Right now, I am so full of guilt
Wisdom: well, there is no need to be ashamed of who you are, and instead value your past as "the needed experience" you needed to evolve into the great person you are today... Aka the wiser/smarter best version of yourself. Be proud of who you see in the mirror every morning, be positive, smile (its free) as It all starts within

Sarah: Yes, I have. However, I still feel unworthy and not proud of myself because of the people my actions have negatively affected
Wisdom: you cant change the past but you sure can start to live a better life from today onward, and use your past as a life education, that you have finally mastered.... The 1St step is to recognise the error(s) you've made in the past, the 2nd step is to apologise to whoever you may have wronged (its never too late to say "sorry", so long as you mean It), and finally to live, from this day forth, a positive Righteous life.
Sarah: Yes, I have. Yet, I can’t look them in the face because of the memories of my actions
Wisdom: you are half way there as you now just need to tell them how you feel. Do it via msj on social media, as it is easier.... And then take it from there, to hopefully rebuild a friendship
Sarah: Forgive myself? You know that’s a difficult thing to......
Wisdom: can you pls stop being so negative and instead start listening to what I am saying!!!! BE POSITIVE AND SOLELY FOCUS ON THE GOOD IN YOUR LIFE, AND STOP FOCUSSING ON THE NEGATIVITY, AS IT LEADS NOWHERE!!!
Now go out there and enjoy your life (the great YOU), the best way you possibly can

FIXED
Re: I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah by dangotesmummy: 8:18am On May 22, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

FIXED
Mr brown why horns full your head?it looks scary and creepy. Are you into some voodoo issh?
Re: I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:56am On May 22, 2017
dangotesmummy:
Mr brown why horns full your head?it looks scary and creepy. Are you into some voodoo issh?

Lol, have you never taken part in a carnaval parade (or fancy dress/costume party?)..... It's all part of the action, and this was just me waiting to be suited after make up was done.

BTW there is a huge part of the Rio carnaval's origin that comes from African orishas.... So, yeah there is definitely something spiritual going on here.. Lol!
Re: I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah by dangotesmummy: 9:11am On May 22, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Lol, have you never taken part in a carnaval parade (or fancy dress/costume party?)..... It's all part of the action, and this was just me waiting to be suited after make up was done.

BTW there is a huge part of the Rio carnaval's origin that comes from African orishas.... So, yeah there is definitely something spiritual going on here.. Lol!
haaaaa so you're fetish? shocked

It looks scary o shocked
Re: I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:30am On May 22, 2017
dangotesmummy:
haaaaa so you're fetish? shocked

It looks scary o shocked

Does it? It's actually soft compare to what others had on their faces.
I was just gonna participate in the carnaval parade, thus following what Brazilians do... Aka wear costume/face painting and just have a great time.

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah by dangotesmummy: 9:33am On May 22, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Does it? It's actually soft compare to what others had on their faces.
I was just gonna participate in the carnaval parade, thus following what Brazilians do... Aka wear costume/face painting and just have a great time.
I see

(1) (Reply)

now / Alakara Police Station Madness. / How To Be Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.