Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) (54117 Views)

Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow / US Government Starts Building Border Wall / Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition (2) (3) (4)

Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by chiraqDemon(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2017
crowley:

Tot as much. the build look cheap nd fundamental. wonder what the power source is tho. it cant be a nuclear reactor power source bcuz that would make it harzadious if malfunctioned. and any kid with a basic knowledge in SQL management and gets his hand on server wer the database are stored can cripple UAE within hours. and if its powered by car battery, its as good as a big walking powerbank grin Building robots are easy, controling nd prevent hacks are not.
About powerbank i trust naija guys, if nepa take light dem go tie d robot down de use am de charge phone. E be like area powerbank. But e go surely get that one guy wey go steal d robot keep fir house

Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by GoodMuyis(m): 11:35pm On May 22, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Good, Nigeria should send a team of professionals in different fields to the UAE - Dubai , the team should go and learn what makes things work in that part of the world, the team should be on ground for a minimum of 6 months and they should bring a comprehensive report back to the National Assembly , tinker with their findings and implement it, another set of professionals should be sent to Malaysia, Singapore, Hongkong, Western Europe, America and Oceania, all with the same mindset, because it seems with all the useless policies we keep churning out as a nation after independence is stagnating the country, why not go and learn what others are doing that makes them succeed, apply some of it and move the country forward instead of all this jankara economic policies that is obsolete, archaic and not working,Albert Einstein says and l quote >> Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result sad

Am not sure that is necessary, Nigerian at large were enterprise people, no wonder we are successful outside where there is enablement.

The major problem f Nigeria is greediness. If everyone has prepared to render a selfless services in any position he occupied, we be a successful country
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by YemziAdez(m): 11:36pm On May 22, 2017

The movie CHAPPIE comes to my mind.

I hope we (=humans) won't have issues with these robots following what happened in I-robot.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by factwriter(m): 11:41pm On May 22, 2017
ikp120:
I hope it doesn't get hacked and manipulated by my fellow bad ass hackers. grin grin grin grin grin

This stuff is not really as hard to produce as some folks think. All you basically "need" is a good programmer. The program is the main issue in any robot. The hardware components can be easily sourced and connected by good mechanical and electrical engineers.

That thing even looks silly and awkward physically. C'mon, they can draft a design that looks better and more appealing than that shiit.

The FEAT they are contesting is the PRACTICALITY of such a concept. Like you rightly said, programming it isn't a big deal while construction the physical machine is simple.
What actually matters is "how practicable" can such inventions (creations) function outside a lab, unto the stress and among (true life) descendants of Adam.

I think that is what the Emirates are trying to prove.

First it is FLYING TAXI, now it ROBO-COP. All this Summer 2017.
Inarguable as they say it's "Definitely Dubai"
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by GoodMuyis(m): 11:42pm On May 22, 2017
crowley:

Tot as much. the build look cheap nd fundamental. wonder what the power source is tho. it cant be a nuclear reactor power source bcuz that would make it harzadious if malfunctioned. and any kid with a basic knowledge in SQL management and gets his hand on server wer the database are stored can cripple UAE within hours. and if its powered by car battery, its as good as a big walking powerbank grin Building robots are easy, controling nd prevent hacks are not.

Am not sure they will implement SQL, maybe some kind of NAND programming.

As per the Battery, LiFePO battery, Lithium Ion Peroxide is portable and can last long, e.g. INEC Battery, Scooter's Battery
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 22, 2017
it is not as bad-ass as the robocop movie.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by factwriter(m): 11:55pm On May 22, 2017
checkolatunji:

iRobot bawo? We dey talk about RoboCop u dey talk iRobot. Are you a shildren? Cos na men watch RoboCop while shildren watch iRobot grin

Yes o. I beg tell them.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by factwriter(m): 11:59pm On May 22, 2017
crowley:

Evidently (knowing what Dubai is) they would have constructively thought past those problems and scenarios you listed.

Well over a year ago they have started planing a MARS mission. Not Moon but Mars Mission. Just Imagine!

So I know they will have series of "fail safe" options for this HUMAN METAL.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Smart41(m): 12:00am On May 23, 2017
And some people are sharing wheelbarrow...
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by factwriter(m): 12:05am On May 23, 2017
chiraqDemon:
Just wonder what the future will be like when nobody has a job anymore.
Dubai is upgrading to robot police
And naija police now is still less effective than the american police or sheriffs in the 1800s

I would have said its not the same person that created whites, arabs and some asians that created africans (some muslim arabs included) but lemme keep chut

Both JESUS (May the peace & blessing of God be with him) and MOHAMMED (may the peace & blessings of God be with him) are not created as humans from the BLACK RACE.

Why
My brother some things are best left alone.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Nobody: 12:09am On May 23, 2017
ikp120:
I hope it doesn't get hacked and manipulated by my fellow bad ass hackers. grin grin grin grin grin

This stuff is not really as hard to produce as some folks think. All you basically "need" is a good programmer. The program is the main issue in any robot. The hardware components can be easily sourced and connected by good mechanical and electrical engineers.

That thing even looks silly and awkward physically. C'mon, they can draft a design that looks better and more appealing than that shiit.
see this one calling himself badass hacher wetin pesin no go see for nairaland. you that cant even hack into ashawo pant.

Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by leo1234(m): 12:09am On May 23, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Good, Nigeria should send a team of professionals in different fields to the UAE - Dubai , the team should go and learn what makes things work in that part of the world, the team should be on ground for a minimum of 6 months and they should bring a comprehensive report back to the National Assembly , tinker with their findings and implement it, another set of professionals should be sent to Malaysia, Singapore, Hongkong, Western Europe, America and Oceania, all with the same mindset, because it seems with all the useless policies we keep churning out as a nation after independence is stagnating the country, why not go and learn what others are doing that makes them succeed, apply some of it and move the country forward instead of all this jankara economic policies that is obsolete, archaic and not working,Albert Einstein says and l quote >> Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result sad

All those that were sent many years ago refused to return.
Every year Nigeria do send people to different parts of the world but they will always stay back after acquiring the knowledge.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by fastgyal(f): 12:23am On May 23, 2017
both
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by fastgyal(f): 12:23am On May 23, 2017
ProlificEric:
Lol.. We gat start from somewhere. Btw u a good girl or a bad girl?
both
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Shiitposter: 12:29am On May 23, 2017
ikp120:

Yeah, just write a bunch of code into and empty plastic and watch it come to life.

Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by bionixs: 12:52am On May 23, 2017
DjHypno:
We need this in Nigeria, at least it will never be as corrupt at as our Cops.

Reminds me of iRobot, the movie.
be a good boy,always remember to take your drugs
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by wasuka14(m): 2:15am On May 23, 2017
I was here to see hilarious memes but This is what i found. Beatiful indeed..
PqsMike:
Wao....that's impressive

This guys are several years ahead of us...!!
So bad sad

need a classic Architectural drawings/designs
Check my profile

Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by wasuka14(m): 2:19am On May 23, 2017
Our main problem in this country is not a new ideas, but lack of stability, lack of reliability and lack of discipline. Those are what keep drawning us back. All our leaders lack these qualities.
leo1234:

All those that were sent many years ago refused to return.
Every year Nigeria do send people to different parts of the world but they will always stay back after acquiring the knowledge.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by lonelydora: 2:26am On May 23, 2017
AngelicBeing:

No need to send teams. We already know our problem is the quota system and Senate. Scrap these two and see how fast Nigeria will develop
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by gloryman91: 2:31am On May 23, 2017
I beg no give am gun o.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by InvertedHammer: 2:33am On May 23, 2017
AngelicBeing:

If you like send them to heaven, they ain't going to learn sh!t.
You forget that implementing what they will learn will involve critical thinking which is alien to Nigerians.

Their only interest will be the estacodes. Common electricity, refinery and road construction are still regarded as technology from Jupiter.

Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Nobody: 2:37am On May 23, 2017
Destined2win:
The world is advancing so fast
and Nigeria is backsliding with speed
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Romanus123: 3:24am On May 23, 2017
Dubai always make a history. A country with the highest building, country with the highest residential building, country with the highest shopping mall in the world, a country that people doesn't carry gun and still remain calm, a country with millions of job opportunities, a country that common cleaner earn more than a Medical Doctor in Nigeria . I'm proud to be in Dubai. For more info about Dubai, Wapsapp me @+971508553469
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by wizod(m): 3:37am On May 23, 2017
naijaboy756:
With all the packaging given to Buhari before elections, i was thinking he would have made Naija become like Dubai... Now we dey drag hand with Zimbabwe and South Sudan
tell buhari dat he is mad.......Nnamdi kanu.
What good do u expect from a mad man?
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by hatchy(f): 3:44am On May 23, 2017
Is Dubai not a Muslim country? I wonder why our own Muslim brothers here in the North are still living the stone age life,not accepting western education while the owners of the so called Islam is advancing in both economy and technology. I fear north.

Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Nobody: 4:13am On May 23, 2017
Our Police Must Not Hear About This.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Nobody: 4:22am On May 23, 2017
Desyner:
While the whiteman has industrialized to this extent, we are still grapling with what they achieved more than 120 years ago

These are Arabs
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33am On May 23, 2017
gaetano:
Unemployment rate will increase

This is the best comment so far. When you talk of man's inhumanity to man. I wonder if all security jobs were given to robots, which one will humans do, some households depend on the earnings of some security staffs who these robots might soon replace in Dubai, I wonder what plans their government has put in place for such people

I just hope this doesn't come down here, because that means unemployment rate will definitely increase.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by bellotaofeek: 5:14am On May 23, 2017
End time is indeed near ..... When robotic program fails it could turn to something else ... this should be used when there are some limiting factors that can not allow human to work like excessive temperature (high or low) radio active , high tension, altitude , anaerobic etc .
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by MrJaydpro: 5:18am On May 23, 2017
ikp120:

This stuff is not really as hard to produce as some folks think. All you basically "need" is a good programmer. The program is the main issue in any robot. The hardware components can be easily sourced and assembled by good mechanical and electrical engineers.

Oga hacker, programmer, engineer, sabi sabi.... Which one have u done?
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by Kposkila: 5:19am On May 23, 2017
DjHypno:
We need this in Nigeria, at least it will never be as corrupt at as our Cops.

Reminds me of iRobot, the movie.

Hmmm, the robot go miss for niaja na, men go tow am for head go sell the metal for money... Esp warri, dem can thief anything.
Re: Real-life Robocop Starts Work In Dubai Tomorrow Onward (Photo) by MrJaydpro: 5:20am On May 23, 2017
supergata:
see this one calling himself badass hacher wetin pesin no go see for nairaland. you that cant even hack into ashawo pant.
angry angry grin angry grin grin grin grin

Jewish Population By Country / Chinese Man Sues Wife For Ugly Children! / Samsung Blocks TVs Looted By South Africans, Making Them Useless (PIX)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63