Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow (37075 Views)

New Zealand: Police Seize Cocaine Enough To Supply The Country For 30 Yrs / Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus / Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by wkkwl: 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2020
French President Emmanuel Macron has announced Europe's borders will close at lunchtime tomorrow for 30 days.

"All trips between non-European countries and the EU and the Schengen zone will be suspended for 30 days," he said in a televised address to the nation.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-eus-borders-will-close-for-30-days-from-noon-tomorrow-11958658

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Ujpest: 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
Really...
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
Something West Africa would have done.

Now even Benin Republic got corona

That's a very bad news to Afonja land.... Those guys eat and breath.. Lasgidi

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
already in France, as from today 6pm, you can no longer get out of your home for the next 45 days (unless for shopping in the nearest convenient store/pharmacy from your house). you must decide where you want to stay for next 45 days and DONT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE.

all bars, restaurant clubs, gym museum etc are closed for the next 45days....only place that are allowed to stay open are pharmacy and supermarket.

only people allowed to leave their homes are doctors/medical people, cops/military personel (use to control the "couvre feu") or people with special permit!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Joystark(f): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
Nigeria is the place to be rn

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
Joystark:
Nigeria is the place to be

actually RUSSIA is the safest place to be right now (they have very little cases in Europe). Nigeria/Africa is just a time bomb since anyone can come and go as they please.

156 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by tysonnn(m): 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2020
Yet our fvcking government refuse to close our border.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by tysonnn(m): 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2020
angry
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2020
I heard Jamaica has not recorded any case of Corona Viruse.

Modified: Thought it was true.
I was already thinking of ordering some weed just incase

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by philip0906(m): 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2020
Lol...Them go dey alright las las.

Our problems for here, big pass coronavirus...we have been battling lassa fever on a low(double digit mortality rate), man made disasters (like the explosion yesterday), economic hardship, corrupt and inept government...we have coped just fine and still find a way through.

Even if the virus dey spread for naija (which I strongly suspect), na just mild symptoms majority go get and maybe lots of asymptomatic people. I mean, when you dey face all these kind problems for this country, plus acute malaria join, na coronavirus wan make you loose sleep?

Hopefully, in the next month or two, there will be a drop in cases and things can begin to get back to normal, so the media can allow us rest with the sensationalism.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2020
If this thing enters Nigeria, I swear it's going to be crazy. We may not be able to face it, countries with established health structure can't even contain it not to talk of our rotten healthcare system.
God save us.
What does it take to temporarily close our borders??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by BarrElChapo(m): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2020
angry Emmanuel ! Emmanuel ! Emmanuel !
How many times did I call you ? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Millz404(m): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2020
Corona is just having the time of its life doing anyhow

click on my signature if you run a business

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Lamanii22(f): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2020
Nigeria would never do such.... Although, it's been long I heard the sound of a plane in my neighborhood....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by kponkedenge(m): 12:01am On Mar 17, 2020
For Christ sake, why can't we stop international flights for now? Why are our leaders like this na.

philip0906:
Lol...Them go dey alright las las.

Our problems for here, big pass coronavirus...we have been battling lassa fever on a low, man made disasters (like the explosion yesterday), economic hardship, corrupt and inept government...we have coped just fine and still find a way through.

Even if the virus dey spread for naija (which I strongly suspect), na just mild symptoms majority go get and maybe lots of asymptomatic people. I mean, when you dey face all these kind problems for this country, plus acute malaria join, na coronavirus wan make you loose sleep?

Hopefully, in the next month or two, there will be a drop in cases and things can begin to get back to normal, so the media can allow us rest with the sensationalism
Something that even if you recover, 20-30% of your lung capacity would be gone. Most of you don't know the severity of this thing, you're just downplaying it as if it is something to joke with.
If it was, the West wouldn't be this hysterical about it, they have seen the worst of it, that's why they are all taking drastic measures to limit movement.
If it wasn't serious, do you think most countries in the world would just wake up one day and ban movement, close schools, close businesses and just allow their economy to tank for no reason?
The way you guys here talk sometimes is really alarming.
Nigeria is like a time bomb waiting to happen, our leaders are seeing what is happening around the world but still yet choose not to act.
I don't know if they are waiting for a scenario where the virus will overwhelm us before they decide to do the right thing.
And if it finally overwhelms us, who are we going to run to for help, when all the West too are fighting the same disease and are not even winning it.
This isn't Ebola where they sent some of their doctors and also medical equipments to the hard-hit areas in Africa.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by WebmasterMind: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2020
This Is Good News And Also A Bad News

In Every way out, May God Help The Wolrd Win Over Corona Virus

Visit NairaLEARN To Learn Best Ways To Earn Online
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Chuzoetoh(m): 12:02am On Mar 17, 2020
Apart from Antarctica, there's one place DAT dis virus can never affect n dat's Chile.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by chiemmanuel(m): 12:02am On Mar 17, 2020
Lock down
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Humblega(m): 12:03am On Mar 17, 2020
Every country is shunting door

Kenya, Morocco, Argentina, Colombia, el Salvador, Guetemala, Peru, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela, China, India, Japan , Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Israel, Denmark , Germany, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Russia, Canada and

Now the whole EU

no effect now but after corona, some countries economy will need to b place on life machines at ICU

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by sexylassie2(f): 12:03am On Mar 17, 2020
Many of you are walking corpses but you don't know.

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

In my office, We are all working from home till the virus is contained.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by gambia(m): 12:04am On Mar 17, 2020
Nigeria should take all necessary action to prevent this virus from entering into our country.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by momodub: 12:06am On Mar 17, 2020
Seriously this corona virus
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by AluraJenson: 12:06am On Mar 17, 2020
The union na scam
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by ffome(m): 12:06am On Mar 17, 2020
God too like us for this side I swear, if to say na here the thing dey like italy, make I know talk pass that one....
Anybody can fly in and out of the country with all that is going on round the world, we are sitting on a time bomb. God protect us and our family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Chatbot1234: 12:07am On Mar 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
already in France, as from today 6pm, you can no longer get out of your home for the next 45 days (unless for shopping in the nearest convenient store/pharmacy from your house). you must decide where you want to stay for next 45 days and DONT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE.

all bars, restaurant clubs, gym museum etc are closed for the next 45days....only place that are allowed to stay open are pharmacy and supermarket.

only people allowed to leave their homes are doctors/medical people, cops/military personel (use to control the "couvre feu) or people with special permit!

might be too personal but you left Colombia because of the virus to France?
where you all recalled or just for better health and safety sake.
sorry for my so much personal questions.
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by gambia(m): 12:07am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

Please mention names, so i can identify who and who to avoid.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

You are the walking corpse. Ode

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Akpaamunsi: 12:08am On Mar 17, 2020
cool wink grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Akpaamunsi: 12:09am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

In my office, We are all working from home till the virus is contained.

Shut up

47 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jon Ossoff Thanks Nigerians In Geogia For Their Role In His Election Victory / Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier / Trump Vs. Iran: It's Not Over (Analysis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.