Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? (39674 Views)

What Business Can I Start At The University? / Please Advise, What PROFITABLE Business Can I Start With N300,000? / What Business Can One Start With N300,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 5:36pm On May 23, 2017
itohanphait:
Poultry farming
I'm actually looking in that direction but I'm being scared bout the bird flu syndrome.... That ish affected a cousin of mine and since then, I'm somehow skeptical bout it

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 5:37pm On May 23, 2017
TEYA:

Kindly ask him what kind of property you can buy for #300000.
Bros.... I think this is a good question. Asking him right away

2 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2017
diamondsnoww:
i know a very profitable farming business that you dont need that kind of capital to start up. with 100k or less,you are super good to go unless you choose to start super big,in that case you will be getting several several acres of land. look up my signature for my digits and whatsapp me.
Ok..
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 23, 2017
akpunda86:
why not invest with me,invest in our flat,and manage d flat for two years,that is 800k for u,just a bedroom flat.getba lawyer and draft the agreement.locztion is enugu,and area ind layout ,
i work and live in Enugu.. how do I contact u
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 5:47pm On May 23, 2017
Infinity0428:

HOW DO I CONTACT YOU PLS??

I got your message alert but can't access it.

Well, my assumption is that you may need some details.

It is a very straightforward thing. Just go to any nearby cattle market and make some enquiries.

But take the following guides;

Don't attempt buying cows from Fulanis directly if you don't know the prevailing prices. They will slaughter you (not literally oh, but price.)

Also, never attempt buying cows from the owner (fulani or dealer) if he is not prepared to sell. Attempt buying from market only because owners are willing to sell and as such they will be cheaper.

If you are not familiar with cattle business, don't just appear in the market and be identified as a buyer, they are there for business and they will feast on you. A cow of 70k may be sold to you much higher. Go to the market for proper survey, ask questions from many dealers and labourers in the market.

Try to get link with any dealer whose aspect of cattle business is the fattening. Depending on his generosity, he is an invaluable asset to a beginner in the business.

Although, it is an all season business, it is more profitable as rainy season sets in. Reason being that cattle that were hungry due to shortage of grass will now easily get fattened due to abundance of same. Coupled with the fact that you are going to treat them (which the Fulanis rarely do) they will be healthy and easily increase in weight.

Don't trust anybody especially at the buying/selling stage. The person pretending to be helping you may actually be the one cheating you. I know what I'm saying.

Invest little at the initial stage to learn the tricks and the nitty-gritty.

By the time you perfect the understanding, I doubt if you will stop the business.

You can still quote me anytime for any other detail.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The only livestock farming I understand is cattle.

You buy them when they are lean/emaciated, treat them, mostly de-worming and give them Ivomec (cattle multivite) and procaine injection against infections. A seasoned non-fulani cattle businessman will readily assist you.

Don't bother discussing with the Fulanis because they are mostly illiterates and they can't be of help.

If you keep them with any cattle businessman who also keeps cattle for just 3 to 4 months, I doubt if you will ever stop the business.

The only snags here are;

1. You require at least a million naira, to enjoy it very well.

2. The chance of finding a businessman in that line of business who will readily allow you to join your cows with his own for the period is slim. Some of them will want to do the investment on your behalf and adopt a profit-sharing formula, not a good idea. (Don't attempt Fulanis, some of them are criminals)

I was in the business before but I'm not stable in one place now due to my job demand.

As I have stated, that is the only animal business I understood very well.
Bros, that is one of the problem I'm having. I work in Kogi but I'm from the western part of the country. The money in question is a lil change I got from a biz I did here and I just don't want to squander it, thats why I'm looking for a possibility of doings something tangible with it, whc will be in my home state.... Talking bout the cattle business, I have Tought bout getting newly born cattles, let's say like 5 or more(depending on the amount) and then groom till when they are ripe to sell but the problem is like you said, the Fulani are out of it and getting a trustworthy person to take charge will also be a herculean task, reason being that I won't be around to monitor it(tho I can get capable hands to do that for me)... But I haven't heard bout getting sick cattles to treat then sell off probably after few months... Can you plz explain more bout it

2 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 5:50pm On May 23, 2017
myking95:

Where can someone get land for that kinda price. Which state.

That is why I said, depending on his environment.

You can get land free for farming in places like Benue and Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by oseka101(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2017
Cesc001:
What about cat-fishing? The only thing hindering me from engaging into this business line is just land and a conducive environment...
cat fish hmmmmm not advisable for a startup ooo try something thing else first when your comfortable you can venture into fish business.... Cat fish will make your 300k look like 30k

3 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 5:56pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Bros, that is one of the problem I'm having. I work in Kogi but I'm from the western part of the country. The money in question is a lil change I got from a biz I did here and I just don't want to squander it, thats why I'm looking for a possibility of doings something tangible with it, whc will be in my home state.... Talking bout the cattle business, I have Tought bout getting newly born cattles, let's say like 5 or more(depending on the amount) and then groom till when they are ripe to sell but the problem is like you said, the Fulani are out of it and getting a trustworthy person to take charge will also be a herculean task, reason being that I won't be around to monitor it(tho I can get capable hands to do that for me)... But I haven't heard bout getting sick cattles to treat then sell off probably after few months... Can you plz explain more bout it

I have made some little explanation on the thread, check, you will see.

Infact, that Kogi state you mentioned is even the terrain I'm familiar with. Get to the nearest cattle market and make the necessary enquiries.

Buying little cattles for rearing is not very profitable and you will not like it. It is only Fulanis that enjoy that path of cattle business.

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 5:57pm On May 23, 2017
lockupnop:
If I need money ...don't think about location.

Take 20,000 go to Odelemo rent a acre of land for 1 year .Dem don dey open eye now. They will ask for 3 years.

There are ready made aboki in that town so you can pick as u like ready to work... They live in that village for farming purpose.

Well ,Clearing ,planting 100k

Favourite: ,short term: Maize, UGU , Soya beans ,

Long term , Plantain , Paw paw .... Inside here arrange a snail pen ...

Buy: grass cutter , Rabit

Then rent 2 bedrrom 30k per year
Enter market buy 1 bag of Rodo let say 30k don't know again since I left naija

Take it to Bayelsa ...u will thank me forever

Meanwhile 4 Pepper (rodo) in Bayelsa as at 2014/15 #100 naira and then in Lagos 50 naira rodo cost 300 naira in Bayelsa I use to sell Rodo pepper for copers ...

Think Think Think move around and make sure ur farm lives in your heart spend money to call call call to make sure everything is going fine arrange ur life ....

Buy Dstv, laptop and PlayStation game I can see u get internet already ..Farm will doll u but with all that all ur friend in Lagos would visit you take note and ready to host because they will be ur shield ...
Most importly Buy a German Shepherd dog which is cheap but very intelligent would go along way...

Come to nairaland time to time to show picture about your farm ... Have fun while farming ...

N.B ; for people correcting English here is my password please help me edit it

undecided
This is indeed informative. But Bros, I have a work of my own now and i just want to do something in my home state cos I have capable hands that can handle things for me. I'm just a young guy who is just trying to build on something and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by lockupnop: 6:04pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
This is indeed informative. But Bros, I have a work of my own now and i just want to do something in my home state cos I have capable hands that can handle things for me. I'm just a young guy who is just trying to build on something and see how it goes.

Farmers are billionaires all over the world being favored by the magical power of the land.

Send a Maize seed to the university of underground and see the result at the day of graduation.

Sweetcorn is one of the best maize to plant for good ROI

As u can have up to 5 pop corn machine around Lagos while your people can planting for u. . ..

You can even start feedmill partner with a your local miller as long as u have ur product sign an MOU and watch ur .money grow from the soil ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 6:05pm On May 23, 2017
MadManTalking:
Snail farming but, hey, you got to have a lot of patience because the business is gonna move slowly at snails' speed. You dig? grin
Heheheheheheheheheh The "at snail speed really got me"...nay. I dont think I have that kind of patience
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Aare2050(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2017
Wow!!! I followed this post to page 3.
Here is my contribution to encourage the op.

I finished my national youth service call last year October, i studied Yoruba Education and i am also a talented MC. I have proposals at radio stations too, as an OAP.

After several job applications and job interview invites from almost all south western states,lekki Lagos inclusive. I decide to take a break and find other things to do.

I return home to my village where my mum stay, i have about 50k back then, i would have like to remain in the city, but if i should, the 50k won't last a month. So here i am, a graduate villager, i eat my mum food with pride until she told me about one of my illiterate friend who is a barber, i told her never to compare me with a barber anymore, but whats the point? A barber too is suppose to be successful na.

That was how i stop eaten from home, i follow cocoa merchants up n down, just to make ends meet.

Then the planting season came, though till now the rain is not yet stable but my maize farm and melon farm is balling big time. By this time next month i should be harvesting my farm products.

Here is how it all goes.
I got a free land from a Gardner/security man of an uncompleted fed gov school building.

I pleaded with two boys to help me with the clearing of the land, i gave them 4k after all the works.

I did the remaining minor clearing myself and spent like 2k on my body, e no easy.

I got 2 congo of corn/maize at the rate of 1400# and also 1 congo of melon at the rate of 750#.

I did the planting myself a week before easter.

I did weeding again late last month, and that's all.
No more weeding again, just waiting for harvest.

The market is there for me, waiting for my farm products, the price may be low, due to the fact that lot of people will be harvesting too at that time, but all the same. Money na money.

Less i forget, i still dey look for job o
Make una help me
I can work as a farm manager too.
Thanks

26 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Divfav(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2017
To be sincere,in this our Nigeria of today,you have to be aware of EGOTISM....i have a proven agricultural business which you can kick start with a little capital of #150,000 which will earn you nothing less than #3,000,000 in a year.
Trust me,i mark my words.
i have the business plan for you which is basically based on agricultural business.
Contact me on ajisomo19@yahoo.com for more info...i am not writing out of deceptive tongue to you.
Or 08067446242

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by sebeydiah(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2017
start cultivating cassava or maize.am into poultry the foods stuffs are now expensive and the sells ain't like before so it will be ideal for to go into cassava or maize
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by DonShalex(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2017
[quote author=LionDeLeo post=56802160]

You buy them when they are lean/emaciated, treat them, mostly de-worming and give them Ivomec (cattle multivite) and procaine injection against infections. A seasoned non-fulani cattle businessman will readily assist you.

Don't bother discussing with the Fulanis because they are mostly illiterates and they can't be of help.

If you keep them with any cattle businessman who also keeps cattle for just 3 to 4 months, I doubt if you will ever stop the business.

The only snags here are;

2. The chance of finding a businessman in that line of business who will readily allow you to join your cows with his own for the period is slim. Some of them will want to do the investment on your behalf and adopt a profit-sharing formula, not a good idea. (Don't attempt Fulanis, some of them are criminals.
That is a nice one i tried it too.[quote author=LionDeLeo post=56802160]

The only snags here are;

2. The chance of finding a businessman in that line of business who will readily allow you to join your cows with his own for the period is slim. Some of them will want to do the investment on your behalf and adopt a profit-sharing formula, not a good idea. (Don't attempt Fulanis, some of them are criminals.
That is a nice one i tried it too.
[quote author=LionDeLeo post=56802160]

The only snags here are;

That is a nice one i tried it too.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by aribisala0(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:
basic real estate..

U buy a property (house, land) with for the value(initial price) to appreciate, then u sell it.

It means u buy at an initial amount and sell at a higher price..simple basic..

Like any other thing it has it's ups and down but trust me it's up are always marvelous ask Donald trump, Robert kiyosaki..this people made their fortune from real estate..

U should also download videos from YouTube on how to invest in real estate..!

Are you alright?

2 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Divfav(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2017
The business plan is also with me...
best of luck dear bro...
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2017
Aare2050:
Wow!!! I followed this post to page 3.
Here is my contribution to encourage the op.

I finished my national youth service call last year October, i studied Yoruba Education and i am also a talented MC. I have proposals at radio stations too, as an OAP.

After several job applications and job interview invites from almost all south western states,lekki Lagos inclusive. I decide to take a break and find other things to do.

I return home to my village where my mum stay, i have about 50k back then, i would have like to remain in the city, but if i should, the 50k won't last a month. So here i am, a graduate villager, i eat my mum food with pride until she told me about one of my illiterate friend who is a barber, i told her never to compare me with a barber anymore, but whats the point? A barber too is suppose to be successful na.

That was how i stop eaten from home, i follow cocoa merchants up n down, just to make ends meet.

Then the planting season came, though till now the rain is not yet stable but my maize farm and melon farm is balling big time. By this time next month i should be harvesting my farm products.

Here is how it all goes.
I got a free land from a Gardner/security man of an uncompleted fed gov school building.

I pleaded with two boys to help me with the clearing of the land, i gave them 4k after all the works.

I did the remaining minor clearing myself and spent like 2k on my body, e no easy.

I got 2 congo of corn/maize at the rate of 1400# and also 1 congo of melon at the rate of 750#.

I did the planting myself a week before easter.

I did weeding again late last month, and that's all.
No more weeding again, just waiting for harvest.

The market is there for me, waiting for my farm products, the price may be low, due to the fact that lot of people will be harvesting too at that time, but all the same. Money na money.

Less i forget, i still dey look for job o
Make una help me
I can work as a farm manager too.
Thanks
May God bless your hustle Bros... Thanks for your contribution

2 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 23, 2017
tomayira:
If you have a passion for farming, join us at green nation, send me a whatapp or text on 08037798195. You won't regret it. Your capital will be half of what u want to invest.
pls where is your location I am interested
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2017
Ekakamba:
Piggery.. cool
This is one aspect of farming I am very much looking into.. Any info to share bout it pls
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by wisepluto(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2017
Please, where can one buy land for the said amount?
whitebeard:
basic real estate..

U buy a property (house, land) with for the value(initial price) to appreciate, then u sell it.

Like any other thing it has it's ups and down but trust me it's up are always marvelous ask Donald trump, Robert kiyosaki..this people made their fortune from real estate..

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by miqos02(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Can you plz explain to me more on this...especially the packaged garri and plantain part
you can go to villages and buy the garri in bulk, bring it down to ur area and package it into sealed nylon. plantain can be processed into yam flour, it is highly recommended for diabetic patients
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by totosucker(m): 6:20pm On May 23, 2017
op, invest in agric, it pays. it is not late to plant corn or cassava
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Ziondebade(m): 6:20pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
That means I will have to get a land if I am to dabble into that which I don't really think is within the above mentioned capital
. Chairman, u dont need to buy land to farm na. All u need to do is to rent farmland for d medium or longterm. Who knows, if the required profit is plenty, u might eventually buy the land.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 6:23pm On May 23, 2017
papoose321:
Cannabis plaintation
Thanks for the advice....u try
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 23, 2017
Trustworthiness:

I a land of not more than 1 plot and use only 50k out of the money to start vegetables planting. But do your research about it before you start.

Warning: Never invest all your money at a goal.

If the risk is analysed it's not a bad idea to take the one shot afterall you can still lose the money in another way. When you have little or nothing to fall on it will be a do or die. Win or win.
Business has never been do the lily livered. I take shot once and burn the bridge behind as my mind is always on the goal only as life is a war.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2017
Victorakats:
Pig farming
any info to share bout this pls....
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 6:28pm On May 23, 2017
odukoyayinka:
I studied agriculture sir
you can actually start a poultry
fishery
and probably get a small scale land where you can invest heavily in vegetables...
if you had a land cassava would've been ideal
i implore you to go with either chicken or fish...or both of them....you can do both layers and broilers.....became because broilers are seasonal....but layers....you make your money when they lay...wish you success bro
thanks bros, I appreciate.... How bout piggery?
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Ubongdemaga: 6:30pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:
Sir invest some of it, and use some of it in real estate..!
pls can u shed more light on dis? Or hw much can one use in d real estate u r talking about?
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by vanpeele: 6:34pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Hello Nairalanders... Pls I want to know any profitable business one can start with a small capital of 300-350k. I know the said amount is a little change in Nigeria today to start up a business but still, no matter how small it is I know it will definitely start up something.

NB - I am very much interested in farming business but I'm not totalling rulling out the possibility of other businesses

sackfarm.com. Thank me later
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Ubongdemaga: 6:40pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:
basic real estate..

where do u think one can buy land in a gud location of 350k. The business u r talking about is for pple wit big capital

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Owoyemi Tajudeen, From Plumber To owner of 3 Radisson Hotels / Tony Elumelu Establishes Tenoil, An Oil And Gas Production Firm (Pics) / Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.