Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection (52687 Views)

80-year-old 'witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back From A Mission (pho / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / We Supply Treated Wooden And Concrete Electric Pole In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 23, 2017
Firefire:
Where is the Minister of darkness?

Power has been privatized since 2014.

Better ask why govt and people of Nigeria are not paying their power bills....because that is why our power sector is not working.

You cannot give what you don't have.
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by EmekaBlue(m): 2:54pm On May 23, 2017
Tiny23:

So,women should sit in front of men that are not their husbands?

negodu
One of them placing grown ass men in d middle spotted

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by LoveJesus87(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2017
fastgyal:
hahaha. that thing is not real joor. its only to scare the IKEDC away. I remember one time some guys tried to defraud me and that's how they made me touch something and told me if I ever open my mouth to tell anybody about our discussion, that thing I touched would kill me. I wasn't even scared. I can't count how many people I've told about the experience. I'd av asked those people to brace up and disconnect the light, but if I remember the kind of outrageous bills this foolish IKEDC brings to us without reading meter,(no be say we dey even see light ooo) I'd go in search of a more powerful charm and place on that pole.
Lol. Eleyigidigan grin

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by nairaman66(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2017
9jakohai:
So the bill wont be paid

And the people will continue to enjoy free of charge electricity for a few hours each day

And the DISCOS and GENCOS won't have money.

And improvements won't be made

And power supply will remain poor

And Nigeria will continue to suffer

But it isn't our fault, you see.

We need to make money out of thin air to fund our power sector.

You cannot give what you do not have

What are you saying? The discos are one of the most corrupt entities in Nigeria!
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Firefire(m): 2:57pm On May 23, 2017
9jakohai:

Power has been privatized since 2014.

Better ask why govt and people of Nigeria are not paying their power bills....because that is why our power sector is not working.

You cannot give what you don't have.

See story for the gods.

Fasola is a failure!

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by sirusX(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2017
Khd95:
mtcheeew instead make them tie red clothe embellished with cowries, sprinkles with fowl blood

them carry ordinary bottle hang for there
Oga look well ooo
All man eyes dey red

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by dacovajnr: 2:59pm On May 23, 2017
Khd95:
mtcheeew instead make them tie red clothe embellished with cowries, sprinkles with fowl blood

Abeg go help PHCN comot am

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Emassive(m): 3:01pm On May 23, 2017
neocortex:
This makes no sense, everyone claim "there is no light",
yet they are preventing PHCN from disconnecting the
nonexistent light, this is just a plot of using free electricity,
the liar is obvious.
quiet there.... Silly citizen
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Rapsowdee01(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2017
Thatyorubadude:

Bro mail me concerning the blogger Partnership
Thatyorubadude@gmail.com
Done
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by shoppynaija: 3:03pm On May 23, 2017
shocked cool
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Emgrin3k9(m): 3:04pm On May 23, 2017
fastgyal:
hahaha. that thing is not real joor. its only to scare the IKEDC away. I remember one time some guys tried to defraud me and that's how they made me touch something and told me if I ever open my mouth to tell anybody about our discussion, that thing I touched would kill me. I wasn't even scared. I can't count how many people I've told about the experience. I'd av asked those people to brace up and disconnect the light, but if I remember the kind of outrageous bills this foolish IKEDC brings to us without reading meter,(no be say we dey even see light ooo) I'd go in search of a more powerful charm and place on that pole.
omode bu iroko o bu oju wo eyin ko mo pe oluwere ken pane lojo

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Shortyy(f): 3:04pm On May 23, 2017
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Sirpaul(m): 3:06pm On May 23, 2017
why not to the transformer ... dem go smell weee
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by fastgyal(f): 3:09pm On May 23, 2017
Emgrin3k9:
omode bu iroko o bu oju wo eyin ko mo pe oluwere ken pane lojo
interpret please
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by kaybee88(m): 3:09pm On May 23, 2017
Khd95:

your eyes dey function so

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Suko110(m): 3:09pm On May 23, 2017
neocortex:
This makes no sense, everyone claim "there is no light",
yet they are preventing PHCN from disconnecting the
nonexistent light, this is just a plot of using free electricity,
the liar is obvious.
Oga if u hv nothing to say just keep quiet and look

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by HITTED(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2017
When electric shock the juju e go jump comot for the pole.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by backpainpro: 3:11pm On May 23, 2017
grin grin
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Tolbanks(f): 3:14pm On May 23, 2017
Khd95:

LOOK UP WELL WELL grin

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by basic23111: 3:15pm On May 23, 2017
we go adopt this method for my area..if them born NEPA well make he touch that pole

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by ifnyioj22(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2017
Instead of them to direct the jaz to badoo cultists dem,na nepa dem dey target! Courage the cowardly dog!
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 23, 2017
Firefire:

See story for the gods.

Fasola is a failure!
nairaman66:

What are you saying? The discos are one of the most corrupt entities in Nigeria!

Back in 2001...GSM came to Nigeria. And they were private from the word go.

Back then, a sim card could cost you as much as N5000. Network services were bad. In the early days, we got charged high fees for seemingly poor services. Even interconnection between networks was difficult.

But we willingly paid their high fees, despite our jokes about MTN being a 'bitter connection', and ECONET(Now Airtel) being 'inspired to shortchange our wallets'.

Guess where all that cash went into.....expanding their network and even doing charity projects for Nigerians.(Their work conditions tho....another story).And by 2006...the worst was over. SIM cards were now going for N500 or less.

That was the idea the former government had in 2014 when they privatized our power system at the distribution and generation level.....the private sector would do what govt had failed to do for years....raise the money needed for power.

The needs are enormous. We have to replace and upgrade our transmission system. We have to increase generation massively. And we have to connect people to the grid. And our power needs are growing (Millions of Nigerians now own android phones...which chop power to charge).

So, when people refuse to pay their bills because the DISCOS are corrupt (remember how we used to call MTN and co evil, corrupt organizations too?), or because the bills are too high.....we are sabotaging ourselves.

And to make matters worse...the DISCOS and the GENCOS cannot take loans from the banks because banks think that power is too high risk. Banks were lending easily to the GSM companies ......but they wont lend to the DISCOS and GENCOS.

And govt has paid its 'counterpart funding'

So, inasmuch as things are not fair....we are doing ourselves worse by refusing to pay our bills, by bypassing our meters, by doing illegal connections, etc.

And we still complain about poor power supply? Why won't power supply be poor? When we are not paying for it? And where do you expect the DISCOS to get money from? It is even trillions we need....not millions, trillions.

Nigerians....and their governments and parties (APC owed Abuja Disco millions of naira once upon a time) better pay up. Or we renationalize power.....in this period of lack of money.

Excuse me for sounding like a propaganidst.....but.....we cannot get what we do not pay for.

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Knightmarshal1: 3:18pm On May 23, 2017
lool
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by dechar(m): 3:21pm On May 23, 2017
Chrisrare:
No be only charm na voodoo... Disconnect the light if they cant pay their bills.
try help them,dog wey go lost no go hear the whistle of the hunter

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Evablizin(f): 3:23pm On May 23, 2017
Khd95:

z lik u r into charm tins,tuale baba
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by Damseldammie(f): 3:23pm On May 23, 2017
Khd95:

I'm sure your father must be a herbalist.... huh! omo orĂ³
Re: Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection by tiswell(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2017
fastgyal:
you talk too much! All that testimony for ordinary IKEDC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon / 8ft Python Killed At Eziobodo - FUTO / The Cobra I Killed In My Sitting Room Yesterday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.