Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,198 members, 7,839,083 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Recent Salary Increase! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Salary Increase! (1097 Views)

Again Obiano Promises Salary Increase For Workers / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / Government Officials Get Salary Increase! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Salary Increase! by Tonyblu(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2007
How thotful PDP can be!

Effecting a Salary increase at this very moment.

I see a political undertone to it.
Such that it'll make the Nigerians, who have since lost faith and confidence in them give them our votes.

Of what use is Salary increase where we know it always leads to inflation.
If you must increase salaries, why can you do so quietly.
What effect will the salary increase have on people's life when fuel scarcity, high transport cost, Tiger-generator power-backup, taxes, etc mops up this changes.

Why was it done just FEW WEEKS away from elections when PDP will still lose the PRESIDENCY!

Re: Recent Salary Increase! by mazaje(m): 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2007
grin grin grin grin i no fit shout sef , but i hope the salary increament will serve some useful purpose i just hope cos people are just earning peanuts.
Re: Recent Salary Increase! by ishmael(m): 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2007
The recent increment in FG workers wages is just the 1st step to increment in the pump price of petrol. They want petrol to be sold at N100.00/litre. At the moment petrol is being sold unofficially at N100.00 - N150.00 per litre; by the time government comes out to officially announce the increment in the pump price of petrol we all will clap hands for them and accept it; at the end of the day there will be a corresponding increase in the prices of goods and services which automatically means that there is inflation in the country. Na God go help us.
Re: Recent Salary Increase! by mazaje(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2007
abeg if i may ask, baba OBJ no get economic advicers? abi which kin thing be this? i just hope they dont increase the pump price of petrol so that people can enjoy the salary increment
Re: Recent Salary Increase! by mazaje(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2007
[b] Banks have merged, the cost of funding for small businesses has not dropped, all the promises associated with the consolidation and merger are still a mirage and vulnerable elements of the society bear the malfunction that our society has turned to. Only last night I sat up late to really get to the bottom root of the mathematics of increased salaries and I nodded my head at how vulnerable we are as a people. If the government has increased wages and salaries by 15% of what benefit is it if the lowest paid civil servant on the Federal pay is 7500, that increase is barely 1000, and then all his allowances, and leave grant are consolidated, meaning that it is now included in the monthly take home pay rather than paid in bulk, what is the benefit when prices go up by 100, 200, 300% in the market, of what significance is it that transportation is up by more percentage, how does it translate to regular power supply when indeed supply has dropped and tariff has increased. In the market, market people have increased goods, so also services, as the activities of middlemen go into play, no one acts as a stop gap or regulatory body, so every body is seen as a federal worker whose salaries has been increased. The fuel situation is not about easing but sadly in our vulnerability Nigerians are not mourning the unthinkable price at which the commodity is being sold but we are requesting that the product be available and one wonders our line of reasoning.
[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Arrests Ondo Accountant-general / Nigeria’s Economy Is In Tatters —bishop Oyedepo / Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook - Firstbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.