Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million (27558 Views)

"Atiku Does Not Need Nigeria’s Money" - Titi Atiku Abubakar / Police, Makinde Disagree Over Attack On Titi Atiku / Buhari’s Military Junta Persecuted Atiku Over 53 Suitcases – Titi Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by edunwablog: 7:59pm On May 23, 2017
Mrs Titi Atiku, wife of former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, on Tuesday told an Ikeja High Court, that she trusted a business partner who allegedly defrauded her of N918 million because of his status as a pastor.

“I thought that the first defendant, being a pastor, he will not defraud me.

“I thought that he was being genuine with me during our business dealings “ Mrs Atiku said while being cross examined in the ongoing fraud trial against a pastor, Nsikakabasi Akpan-Jacobs, Abdulmalik Ibrahim and Dana Motors Ltd.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had slammed the accused with a 15- count charge bordering on conspiracy, stealing and fraudulent conversion of property worth N918 million belonging to THA Shipping Maritime Services Ltd.

Mr Amos Ibe, the defence counsel to Akpan-Jacobs while cross examining Mrs Atiku, questioned why she used different monikers in company documents relating to the fraud.
“Before I start cross examining you Ma, should I refer to you as Your Excellency?
“Why was the name Florence Doregos used in the petition from the EFCC which is exhibit one, as well as other fake names in documents you used to transact business with the first defendant?,” Ibe queried.
Replying, Titi said: “I am Her Excellency forever, it was under my instruction and direction that the petition was written.
“My name is Florence Doregos, my name is Titi Amina Atiku Abubakar, the Mrs in the petition is a mistake made by my Lawyer.
“Florence is my name and it was easy for me to use Doregos while I was in state service.“The name of my biological father is Dorego Albert, we are from Ilesha but I have cousins who are from the Republic of Benin.
“I can choose Doregos, I can choose Albert as my surname, they are all my names, even Dino Melaye, his name is Daniel but he calls himself Dino.
“I can twist my name anyhow I want.”
Responding to Ibe’s questions about her identity when she married the former Vice-President, she said “I married my husband at the Ikoyi Registry in 1971.
“I was a Christian before I married my husband, Angelina is my baptismal name, Florence is my confirmation name.
“When I got married to my husband, I converted to Islam and I have been called Amina Titilayo, Titilayo was what I was called at home,” she said.
Ibe, however, still questioning Mrs Atiku’s real identity, told her that a book written in honour of her husband titled ‘Atiku: The Story of Atiku Abubakar,’ claimed that she was from a Local Government Area in Adamawa.
“I am from my husband’s Local Government Area by virtue of marriage.
“Whether I’m from the moon o, that’s not the matter on ground,” she said.
Ibe, sought to tender the book written in honour of the former Vice-President to the court but it was rejected by Justice Oluwatoyin Ipaye.
“The document does not fall under the definition of a public document under the Evidence Act, it is a private document, it is therefore rejected,” Ipaye said.
NAN reports that THA Shipping Maritime Services Ltd, a company created in 2000 belonged to Mrs Atiku, Akpan-Jacobs and Fred Holmes.
She was allegedly to be the majority shareholder with 49 per cent shares, while Holmes and Akpan-Jacobs each had 25 per cent shares.
Akpan-Jacobs, who also doubled as the company’s Managing Director and Secretary, was accused to have gone to the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and altered the share holding in his favour and forging the company’s board resolution.
He allegedly under the new share arrangement allotted 70 per cent shares to himself and 15 per cent shares each to Titi and Holmes.
According to the EFCC, welding a fraudulent shareholding power, Akpan-jacobs sold a property belonging to the company to Dana Motors Nigeria Ltd for N918 million.
The property is located at Plot C63 A, Amuwo-Odofin Commercial Layout along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, Lagos.
During Tuesday’s proceedings, the defence disputed Mrs Atiku’s claims that she invested over N1.2billion into the business transactions with the defendants.
“Your petition stated that you invested over N200 million and in another document it stated that you invested over N1.2billion, which fact is correct?
“Do you have accounting reports, did you hire an auditor to look at the accounts, how did you arrive at N1.2billion?
“N200 million is the money I spent in building the bonded terminal, by the time it was ready, it was worth N1.2billion.
“Akpan-Jacobs never gave me any records, I was in the state service, I did not get any auditor, Akpan-Jacobs has the evidence of the money I spent, I didn’t know that our business transactions will become a court case,” she said.
Mrs Atiku while in the witness box, accused Akpan-Jacobs of using her company property as a collateral for a bank loan that he sought when he wanted to run for the Akwa-Ibom gubernatorial elections.
“He used my bonded terminal as a collateral for a loan when he wanted to run for governorship of Akwa-Ibom, when he couldn’t refund the money the bank wanted to acquire the bonded terminal, he sold it to Dana Motors Ltd,
“I was the largest shareholder of THA Shipping Company with 49% of shares, my German partner Fred Holmes had 26% and Akpan-Jacobs has 25%,
“Akpan-Jacobs never contributed a dime to the company, I couldn’t be involved in all the documentation because I was in service.
“He did the registration and promotion of the company, he brought all the papers to me at the villa to sign, he later fraudulently changed the shareholding powers of my shipping company to favour himself.
“He gave me 15 percent, Holmes 15 percent and he took 70 percent shareholding power for himself.
“I never entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with him to sell the company, that is why I’m in court, when he couldn’t repay the loan, he sold the company to Dana Motors Ltd.
“When the fraud happened, we initially agreed to settle out of court, but instead of settling, he went to sell the cranes and the company, giving the EFCC N16 million which I received, “ she said.
Akpan-Jacobs lawyer, asked the court to cancel the next court date slated for May 24 for continuation of the trial on the grounds of his Ill health.

more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/05/i-thought-pastor-will-not-defraud-me.html

1 Share

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 23, 2017
A question for Titi Abubakar,

How did she get a whooping 918million naira embarassed

Let's use the same stick we used to judge Patience Jonathan to Judge this new Crook.

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by SalamRushdie: 8:07pm On May 23, 2017
This Akpan looks like an old flame turned business partner because I dont understand how you will give 25 percnt shares to a man who didnt contribute a dime and is clearly a bad administrator

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by doublewisdom: 8:13pm On May 23, 2017
918 million yet nobody is hounding her from court to bank and court again. If it was PEJ Buhari and EFCC go get mouth. I blame Goodluck sha.

50 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by bkool7(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2017
Kathmandu:

Let's use the same stick we used to judge Patience Jonathan to Judge this new Crook.

You certainly did not read the entire story .

Take time, read it , you'll understand better

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by misteryman: 9:38pm On May 23, 2017
NOW THAT YOU HAVE KNOWN, WHAT WILL YOU DO?

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by GogetterMD(m): 7:13am On May 24, 2017
With the name twisting ehn, I juz confuse.
This wan weak me undecided

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Nobody: 7:16am On May 24, 2017
These people are shameless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by subtlemee(f): 8:20am On May 24, 2017
She's just exposing her fraudulent self in taking this matter to court...I hope the table doesn't turn on her

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by MaziOmenuko: 8:31am On May 24, 2017
Hehehe...this is a clear case of stealing from the thief. See as the woman dey expose her fraudulent deeds because it had gone sour.

He did the registration and promotion of the company, he brought all the papers to me at the villa to sign

Let me guess, you were at the villa (state house, Abuja) and you used your disposition as the wife of the vice president to award contracts to the firm. I am sure you used the connections of INtels, your husbands company to award shipping and logistics contract to the company.

My name is Florence Doregos, my name is Titi Amina Atiku Abubakar, the Mrs in the petition is a mistake made by my Lawyer

There was no mistake anywhere Ma, that is how you all engage in fraudulent activities with 1001 names so that you will not be linked directly to any of the names if it goes south.

I couldn’t be involved in all the documentation because I was in service

Hehehe...so you developed conscience afterall. That is the characteristics of most corrupt elements; in their bid to outsmart the law, they have loopholes that can be exploited. This one was exploited by your business crook partner who took advantage and outsmarted you.

If I was the defense council, I would tear you and your family apart that your husband will council you to withdraw that case at once and settle out of court.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Moreoffaith(m): 8:31am On May 24, 2017
Eleribu lawon people yi mhen

your husband dupe over 180million people

see as one man mopol collect him own share for ur hand

abeggii go back to ur husband and collect another one from him.

I no fit laugh jare, if dem don hear pastor like this dem don' believe say na God dem see..

That the reward for being gullible.

17 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by intruxive(m): 9:37am On May 24, 2017
Intresting
Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by intruxive(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2017
Kathmandu:

learn to read. She set up a company while she was in the civil service built it with 200million and by the time the company was ready, its value had appreciated to 1.2bill. You cant compare with patience lai lai, that one no get work na executive beggar

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by raker300: 9:47am On May 24, 2017
Headline is so misleading.

I almost cursed out the church until I read the story..

It's just a bad business deal..involving a man

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by whitebeard(m): 9:48am On May 24, 2017
Are u kidding me

1 Like

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:53am On May 24, 2017
Can't blame her A. She's a Nigerian B. She's a woman C. She's a polygamous wife

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by ekems2017(f): 12:51pm On May 24, 2017
The number of names you used shows you are also a fraudster

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by olaolulazio(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2017
D way ur husband defrauded us of billions of dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 24, 2017
Wat...? When thief meet thief idiot woman

1 Like

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 24, 2017
N918M

No, wait.....N918M!

Jisos

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Alisegun(m): 12:53pm On May 24, 2017
Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by surrogatesng: 12:53pm On May 24, 2017
na wah oooo
Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Adebayo4all: 12:55pm On May 24, 2017
And she is still alife

Check ur signature
Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 24, 2017
shocked

Nawa...they talking billions here...
Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by SamAbims(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2017
Bushmeat cash Hunter na him be that grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by paradigmshift(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2017
copy n paste from Linda ikeji..
if she no update,una no dey post
Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by hoover420: 12:56pm On May 24, 2017
ALMOST 1BILLION!!!
Nigeria is long gone!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by 0b111: 12:57pm On May 24, 2017
Kathmandu:

Smh.....

You should be crucified upside down

1 Like

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by DollarAngel(m): 12:57pm On May 24, 2017
Meanwhile Liverpool won 3-0 today, Gerrard played

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Defrauds Titi Atiku Abubakar Of N918 Million by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 24, 2017
I if am transacting business with anyone and they refer to themselves as pastor. End of business . Cause in most cases, pastor is another name for scammer.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari / Mohammed Hayatu-Deen Withdraws From PDP Presidenrial Race / EFCC Obtains Warrant To Search All Flats In Osborne Towers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.