Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) (31838 Views)

I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB / How to Pass JAMB 2022 Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by FreeSpirited: 7:41pm On May 25, 2017
Meissner:
I chose university of Ibadan last year but wasn't admitted because my 8year old WAEC result has Cs in my core subjects.
I chose LASU as second choice but wasnt admitted too.
The UTME score of 308 just wasted.

I have just gotten 305 in this year's UTME again but I dread wasting it like last year's.

I need medicine admission. Kindly suggest federal or affordable state universities where my chances of admission is pretty high with the available grades and scores.

Again if you are someone or know someone or know someone that knows someone who can help. Kindly prevent this long conceived dream from dieing.
Thanks.

Mods kindly assist by pushing this thread to FTP
If you are very brilliant and you can make. First class in your 100 level, choose human nutrition in Ui. Human nutrition or physiology is not competitive in Ui, If u can make first class in 100 level u will be able to switch to medicine in Ui
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by sirelliot: 7:41pm On May 25, 2017
echimereze:
Change ur state of original to beysea state, or Benue state or kogi
U enter catchment areas 4 admission to any federal university of choices especially unn,ui and oau
Ie easy way to crab admission nw
Bit,he done already write jamb na.That would have been possible had he not registered the form online.But u na thief sha.lol
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by mpaulo(m): 7:42pm On May 25, 2017
Try universities in the North. University of maiduguri, Bayero university Kano. I think dey give base on merit.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by kristian98(m): 7:43pm On May 25, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Pishure or u knw i won't believed u.
problem child, you dey here. i miss u grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by echimereze: 7:43pm On May 25, 2017
Change ur state of origin to beysea state, or Benue state or kogi
U enter catchment areas 4 admission to any federal university of choices especially unn,ui and oau
Ie easy way to crab admission nw
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by jokymoon(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2017
My guy am a student of unizik.. Unizik one of d easiest skul to get medicine..

1 Like

Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 25, 2017
Education in Niqeria is just overrated
must you study Medicine after 8years ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by DreCharles(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2017
I don't get

What do u mean by 8 year old waec result?

Check my signature
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by vantage001: 7:47pm On May 25, 2017
chocolateKitKat:
pls can i get uniben
computer engineering
but I didn't do further maths in o level
i heard it's compulsory for engineering
248 in Jamb
Why? Engineering in uniben is mathematics galore.
It dosen't matter, i think. As long as you didn't fail it. And i mean getting anything less than a C.
It is better for an engineering student not to attempt Further mathematics in O' levels , than to fail it. It gives your result a bad look to the admission officers.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by weyabcom: 7:47pm On May 25, 2017
Meissner:
I chose university of Ibadan last year but wasn't admitted because my 8year old WAEC result has Cs in my core subjects.

I have just gotten 305 in this year's UTME again but I dread wasting it like last year's.

I need medicine admission. Kindly suggest federal or affordable state universities where my chances of admission is pretty high with the available grades and scores.

Again if you are someone or know someone or know someone that knows someone who can help. Kindly prevent this long conceived dream from dieing.
Thanks.

if u can change sch nd put futo wit any course i will giv u admission
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:47pm On May 25, 2017
Meissner:

Thanks.

Is a must u study medicine? U can't be less than 25. Stop wasting ur time if u re given other good courses do it. u re wasting & rotten away man.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 25, 2017
Benekruku:
Private university is the way!

They accept anything even if you dont have WAEC
That's not true... Tho depending on d private University
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 25, 2017
nisimi09:
try Ondo state university of medical sciences. Its new but well equipped

That uni is too expensive.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Jonwesley(m): 7:53pm On May 25, 2017
fabuloz1:

It's like you are new in nigeria. Don't you know that after jamb, the options to choose whether to change course or institution with the payment of N2500 is always done?

I didn't know the change also involves a new university. I thought it's only change of courses only which must be within the first choice of university. How does Jamb update this for the candidate when the list has been forwarded to the university? Or there's a deadline that this can be effected before sending the final list?
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by iaamxavier(m): 7:54pm On May 25, 2017
The only thing u can do is

Put ur state university as first choice

Or

Change ur state of origin to any ELD

At least ur total agg can't be anything less than 68 and so many state uni will accept u with that agg I thiink federal uni will push u out my asvice!
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by DAramis: 7:56pm On May 25, 2017
Meissner:

Thanks.

Head to Northern Universities... that may be where your jamb results might be valued.
Please check out universities in the North offering medicine and do change of university (if it is possible)
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by adewotired: 7:56pm On May 25, 2017
Midumighty:
choose less competitative course nd when u get to 200level u do change of course.

That almost never works
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Team16(m): 7:57pm On May 25, 2017
Meissner:

Thanks.

My advice to you is to stop killing your dreams in that country. Register for SAT and TOEFL ace it and you can go to anywhere in the world to study with full funding. Nigeria might mess up your dreams. Guess what buddy THEY DON'T CARE.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Hongbenga(m): 7:59pm On May 25, 2017
Wow, Eksu need someone like you.......
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by MaziOmenuko: 8:00pm On May 25, 2017
The love of medicine. Why? Because people see it as a route to escape the unemployment in the country, not necessarily because of the love to cure and treat patients.

My candid advice, switch to another course and make a good grade, first class to 2-1 then you will be sure to land a good job.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by ibadanfinest(m): 8:02pm On May 25, 2017
Meissner:

Thanks.

I dunno about now. but at University of Ibadan, change of course then was even easy to medicine once you have a perfect 7.0 cgpa or say 6.8. The school has the capacity to admit 200 into medicine and it gave room for both DE and COC students. Change your course to chemistry and get a perfect cgpa and you later change
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by DemiJuill(f): 8:03pm On May 25, 2017
kclub83:
in your best interest please choose OOU medicine. One of the best state universities in medicine and law. U will never regret.

He needs an affordable university. OOU is quite expensive.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by khayce: 8:04pm On May 25, 2017
I suggest you try university of Abuja... they had issues with accreditation before but they now have it back.... they treats dem like god here, with cut off mark as low as 230 u Re good to go and besides our school fee is just 20000-25000 naira. life is pretty great here.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Xlyad(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2017
[quote author=Meissner post=56867339]I chose university of Ibadan last year but wasn't admitted because my 8year old WAEC result has Cs in my core subjects.

Try UNICAL .ONE of the fairest schools
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by OSESUNATE(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2017
Meissner:

Thanks.

My dear my story is almost like yours... I finished secondary school in 2009 and was admitted to study PHARMACY in a federal Uni. but somewhere along the way I was asked to withdraw from the faculty, I picked another jamb form and chose UNN but wasn't given a dime to study even after beating the cut off, the next year, I wrote but this time ( now wiser) chose AAU with a jamb score of 279 and now am in..... The good thing about med school is that the quality of training is always standard irrespective of the uni u are. My candid advice?...... Don't waste ur time and life trying to attend a big university to study a big course, because the school u attend doesn't matter but the " course and the individual does". PEACE!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Easylife338: 8:06pm On May 25, 2017
OMG! Uniben is the best place to go, you pay less school fees, they don't consider the points on your olevel. Infact, I paid school fees of #10,000 in my time, it must have inceeased by now. Hostel, #6,500 no much money to spend in uniben except your first year. Every other years or levels are cheap. Very cheap.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by delpee(f): 8:08pm On May 25, 2017
Try the new University of Medical Sciences in Ondo.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by seunlly(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Pishure or u knw i won't believed u.
always causing choas
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by chukzyfcbb: 8:12pm On May 25, 2017
Easylife338:
OMG! Uniben is the best place to go, you pay less school fees, they don't consider the points on your olevel. Infact, I paid school fees of #10,000 in my time, it must have inceeased by now. Hostel, #6,500 no much money to spend in uniben except your first year. Every other years or levels are cheap. Very cheap.
It seems you are ignorant on the recent happening in the admission space in naija. Since the elimination of post ume, O'levels are now considered, its wrong to say You don't think when u are not in tune with the current happenings.
FYI, all schools (Govt and state tho) use O'level and jamb score as a prerequisite for every candidate who seeks admission into thier institution.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by colizee(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2017
Doctuur:

In my own opinion: I suggest jamb should fall​ back to the previous state. I.e post UTME to cancel the cheapest exam(WAEC) people are scoring A's Parallel. I believe only private schools students have better WAEC results.

My dear God Bless You....u know how these private schools runs their waec, infact e follow for their school fees.
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by riczy(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2017
Midumighty:
choose less competitative course nd when u get to 200level u do change of course.
d preferred dept may nt sign u in,wat if?
Re: I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) by Xtremer1: 8:34pm On May 25, 2017
Dear you should have re- written WAEC. Now that it's over maybe you should check if NECO reg is still on. You are not alone in this issue, believe me. I've got like more than 6 of my friends that rewrote WAEC cos of this new admission policy. What they did was fill in awaiting results during JAMB reg. Actually, I don't think you can get medicine with those C's. But I wish you luck though, 305 is yoo good to be wasted joor.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d / N.C.E And N.D Which Is More Valued? / Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.