Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit (1268 Views)

3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by davodyguy: 11:48am On May 26, 2017
I have a car with Factory tinted rear window/glass and being a law abiding citizen, I chose to do the right thing.

Went to the NPF website, filled the online form and uploaded the necessary documents required.

Next was to print out the form and took it alongside other requiste docs to the nearest Force HQ which is Kam Salem House - Police Station.

Getting there, I went to the ICT office for biometrics and three officers said it would be ready within 5 working days and I will Pay N30,000 to process it.

I said it free and why should I pay, knowing fully well the the Buhari Administration is trying to fight corruption.

I was shocked as my documents were returned back to me and told to go. I left and was very upset, hence the need to share my experience.

Which way are we heading to in Nigeria?

Guys please help create awareness about this exploitation
mynd44
Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 26, 2017
Oloriburuku ni gbogbo awon policemen & women in Nigeria beginning from the IGP, DIGs, AIGs, CPs, Area Commanders & their cursed foot soldiers mounting unnecessary road blocks on every major freeway extorting money from beaten & battered citizens.

This is Y I am usually overwhelmed by a warm, comforting sense of Shadenfreude each time I read about the death or obituary of any policeman - like that bastard that was shot in the fore-head by a gang of armed robbers in Osun.

https://www.nairaland.com/3819961/policeman-shot-dead-osun-armed

I was driving from Ijebu to Lagos about 3 months ago when I bumped into 2 hungry-looking policemen by the roadside at the Shagamu-Lagos interchange flagging me down - obviously for a lift and I could have sworn I knocked them down - seeing in my rear view, how they both jumped & scampered into the bush with their backpacks falling off their shoulders in a bid to avoid me sending them to the hades with my Bmw - and if anybody stops me for questioning, I would just tell them I must have mistaken them for armed-robbers citing the very rampant armed-robbery attacks in that axis of the road.

The thing is - the hatred & anger I harbour for these bastards are both sacred & toxic at the same time, and would rather give armed robbers & assassins a lift in my car than lift a finger to help any dying police man.

3 Likes

Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by davodyguy: 12:56pm On May 26, 2017
Zoharariel:
Oloriburuku ni gbogbo awon policemen & women in Nigeria beginning from the IGP, DIGs, AIGs, CPs, Area Commanders & their cursed foot soldiers mounting unnecessary road blocks on every major freeway extorting money from beaten & battered citizens.

This is Y I am usually overwhelmed by a warm, comforting sense of Shadenfreude each time I read about the death or obituary of any policeman - like that bastard that was shot in the fore-head by a gang of armed robbers in Osun.

I was driving from Ijebu to Lagos about 3 months ago when I bumped into 2 hungry-looking policemen by the roadside at the Shagamu-Lagos interchange flagging me down - obviously for a lift and I could have sworn I knocked them down - seeing in my rear view, how they both jumped & scampered into the bush with their backpacks falling off their shoulders in a bid to avoid me sending them to the hades with my Bmw - and if anybody stops me for questioning, I would just tell them I must have mistaken them for armed-robbers citing the very rampant armed-robbery attacks in that axis of the road.

The thing is - the hatred & anger I harbour for these bastards are both sacred & toxic at the same time, and would rather give armed robbers & assassins a lift in my car than lift a finger to help any dying police man.

These people are not human beings at all.
Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 26, 2017
Zoharariel:

Bro take am easy. We all know the police is corrupt but c'mon, calling a policeman shot dead by robbers a bastard is going overboard abeg. The police are still useful, let them go on strike and watch crime skyrocket.
Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by depair: 7:58pm On May 26, 2017
davodyguy:
I have a car with Factory tinted rear window/glass and being a law abiding citizen, I chose to do the right thing.

Went to the NPF website, filled the online form and uploaded the necessary documents required.

Next was to print out the form and took it alongside other requiste docs to the nearest Force HQ which is Kam Salem House - Police Station.

Getting there, I went to the ICT office for biometrics and three officers said it would be ready within 5 working days and I will Pay N30,000 to process it.

I said it free and why should I pay, knowing fully well the the Buhari Administration is trying to fight corruption.

I was shocked as my documents were returned back to me and told to go. I left and was very upset, hence the need to share my experience.

mynd44

davodyguy:

mynd44

davodyguy:

mynd44

can you post this on their twitter handle
to others lets not detail the thread
Your hatred is justify
but lets be cautious as well
Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by hardbody: 5:09pm On May 27, 2017
greenhulk:

Bro take am easy. We all know the police is corrupt but c'mon, calling a policeman shot dead by robbers a bastard is going overboard abeg. The police are still useful, let them go on strike and watch crime skyrocket.

Crime will skyrocket because they will all go into it full time as they have gone off the N20 beat. Thieving bastards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by sultaan(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2017
If you have their names and badge number it would have helped right now the best option is to use their Twitter handle and a different headquarter
Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by mokset123: 1:43pm On May 30, 2017
davodyguy:

mynd44
Go somewhere else that isn't the only police station where it can be done
Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by davodyguy: 3:07pm On May 30, 2017
mokset123:

Go somewhere else that isn't the only police station where it can be done

It's at Force HQ and not just any local Station can do it
Re: Kam Salem House - Police Station Demanding 30K For Vehicle Tint Permit by mokset123: 5:04pm On May 30, 2017
davodyguy:

It's at Force HQ and not just any local Station can do it
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Thought Of Why Tyres Are Always Black ?? / High Quality Dashcams - Does Any Want Or Use Them? / Payandrive Nationwide....check Out This 2015 Rolls Royce For 10 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.