Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State (23617 Views)

Nigerians Protest At UK Embassy Over $9.6bn Judgement (Photos) / Protesters Flood UK Embassy Abuja, Insist UK Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu / Group Threatens To Occupy "Irresponsible" UK Embassy Over Kanu Whereabout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by shekauvsbuhari: 8:16pm On May 26, 2017
decatalyst:
Finally, our ugwu has officially gone international!

grin
its not "ugwu" but "ugu" . Pumpkin leaves. Ugwu means hill.
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Josmila(m): 8:16pm On May 26, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

Good one......Nice....very Nice.

So the noise about the North being the vegetables hub of Africa is just a ruse as usual. North is just an Over fed Parasite. Zero Contributors.... 100% Recipients/Beggars...

Anambra is now Oil and Agric Rich State..

Posts as these are really depressing. Right above the comments box is a notice in red "Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section", but I guess it doesn't matter. I fear for our generation of youths to be honest. We constantly blame the older generation but we're worse than them.

Hardly does any thread go on this platform without tribalistic comments with words like afonjas, Igbos and the likes. We need to do better please.

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Brilli5gist: 8:18pm On May 26, 2017
He was in ebonyi last week now in anambra.all these visits is to plead with the south east to remain in nigeria and forget biafra

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by FKO81(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2017
Anambra’s economy is 4th among the states – after Lagos, Abuja, and Rivers. Currently the majority of the population are engaged in distributive trade, agriculture, transport and services, real estate and construction, micro, small and medium industries, mining, financial services, and other services (health, education, law, etc.), The natural resources include: natural gas, Crude oil, Bauxite, Kaolin, Salt, Gypsum, Lead, Lignite, Limestone, Iron ore, is arable for Oil palm, Corn, Rice, Yam, Cassava, Tomatoes, cocoyam, etc. Tourism potentials remain untapped. Adult literacy is over 80%. A noteworthy feature of Anambra state at the moment is that it is a net exporter of capital. A large proportion of its most talented/skilled indigenes live outside of the state, while a larger proportion of invertible capital is deployed outside of the state. Poverty incidence in Anambra used to be the lowest mainly because of remittances by its Diaspora. Access to bank credit is relatively low. For example Anambra has the 4th largest bank deposit (after Lagos, Abuja, and Rivers)

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Mykelpato(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2017
AkpokueChampagne keep deceiving the media. #Replacement2017 is inevitable

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by modik(m): 8:29pm On May 26, 2017
vantage001:

And what has your Nigeria contributed to anambra state ?
To build ordinary rail way na wahala. And you hear some people say how such discriminating policy is justified because the east does not contribute much.
So which yeye Nigeria are you talking about?

louder, Ask Ngige.

the political investor

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Omofunaab2: 8:29pm On May 26, 2017
deomello:
Even sef, that rubbish came from paid media aid and blogsite, not from any Frenchman.

You dey mind dem? See d link sef...

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 26, 2017
exporting akpu to UK, right? grin
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by LionDeLeo: 8:39pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
Haters like omenkalives and deji can now buy wheelbarrow and go down to Anambra and start moving ugu from inside farm to the town

Your advice is noted. But pls tell us what you do for living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Trexnemesis(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2017
Afons, what are you waiting for?
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by AntiPonzihater: 8:42pm On May 26, 2017
jnrbayano:

Ugu not ugwu

Ugu is wrong. Ugwu is correct.
Remember, the word is am Igbo word.

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by AntiPonzihater: 8:44pm On May 26, 2017
FlyoruB:

We are talking REAL cash crops like Rubber and Timber, you are talking Ugu? Crownwealth019, you sure you OK?

Before now, your​ argument was that the ugwu exportation was PROPAGANDA.

Please let's finish that argument first.

5 Likes

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Perceptor(m): 8:45pm On May 26, 2017
wristbangle:

Tribal comments won't take us far. The French some weeks ago visited ogun state to acknowledge the state on exportation of rubber, timber, etc yet no noise was made about it.

Back to OP post, kudos to the government of anambra to export ugu as part of our foreign earning boost.

This is what Nigeria needs, a collective effort not tribal rants.
Bro, when kids start growing, u see them trying to measure themselves up to the adults. Other parts of nigeria have been exporting goods like cotton, coffee, cocoa, groundnut long time ago, this is d first time SE is exportin somethin different frm dustin powder so expect over reaction frm them

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by deomello: 8:49pm On May 26, 2017
Perceptor:

Bro, when kids start growing, u see them trying to measure themselves up to the adults. Other parts of nigeria have been exporting goods like cotton, coffee, cocoa, groundnut long time ago, this is d first time SE is exportin somethin different frm dustin powder so expect over reaction frm them

And serious chest beating.. grin
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Amah70: 8:54pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
Haters like omenkalives and deji can now buy wheelbarrow and go down to Anambra and start moving ugu from inside farm to the town

Omenkalive? His farm in Agatu, Benue state has gone to the herdsman.

1 Like

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by martinlooter(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2017
Please who can tell me the English name of ugu?
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by deomello: 9:02pm On May 26, 2017
martinlooter:

Bush leaf.
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 26, 2017
martinlooter:
pumpkin leaf

5 Likes

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by FKO81(m): 9:06pm On May 26, 2017
Folks kindly watch videos of Agro investments in Anambra under gov Obiano episode 1&2 very interesting videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzipEAyNRKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20dxQQfrRoo

3 Likes

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 26, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Your advice is noted. But pls tell us what you do for living.
I can't discuss that with a Mai ruwa sorry

4 Likes

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by wristbangle: 9:24pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
What advice does "the kinsman" give to his own folks. Bro, truth be told this guys had made up their minds to be Insane...

Egbon, I go soft my pedal for now

But... ti anikeni ninu won ba gbe ija ko mi, Eyin ti Okun fin ba omo re sere, lo ma ge je. cool
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by wristbangle: 9:25pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
What advice does "the kinsman" give to his own folks. Bro, truth be told this guys had made up their minds to be Insane...

Egbon, I go soft my pedal for now

But... ti anikeni ninu won ba gbe ija ko mi, Eyin ti Okun fin ba omo re sere, lo ma fi ge je. cool
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:31pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Uncle Gbawe grin
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by wailersarefools: 9:31pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
I can't discuss that with a Mai ruwa sorry
hoe

2 Likes

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by farem: 9:32pm On May 26, 2017
AmericanQuarter:
[i]The Government of Great Britain says it will partner Nigeria in its democratic government.

The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright stated this in a special interview when he visited the Corporate Headquarters of the Anambra Broadcasting Service Headquarters in Awka.

Mr Arkwright stated that while his visit to Anambra State is to identify areas where Great Britain can partner the state, especially in agro- business, said that he is also in the state ahead of the 2017 gubernatorial election slated for eighteenth November.

He commended the state government for placing high premium on Agriculture noting that the Anambra is one of the few States that have started exporting vegetables to the Great Britain.

http://www.absradiotv.com/state/7515-british-high-commissioner-commends-obiano-on-agriculture

#ObianoEffect #ObianoInAgriculture

Are we cursed in Nigeria to always export crude (raw) items abroad?

Who ever sells raw items is the willing slave of whoever buys it.

Why must I sell my cassava so poorly and ended up going to mama ngozi to buy Eba and stew so costly?

Whites are our economic enemies and we are willing slaves

Until we begin to add value to our export, it's selling raw cocoa for $5million and importing chocolate (made from our export) for $500million!
Una see am?

Anyway kudos to Anambra state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by wristbangle: 9:34pm On May 26, 2017
FKO81:

Anu, when Lagos govt was making noise about their one bottle of crude oil, when some oil producing states are delivering 250000bd, I guess it was ok, this is the same veg exportation southwest media propaganda machine (Sahara report) tried to rubbish, now UK envoy just confirmed for clarity purpose, now we are making noise, hypocritical anu

If I start now, this one go dey wail like frustrated baboon.

Na to dey spoil thread with yeye Awka bridge and restaurants naim u sabi. Yeye
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by ijebuloaded(m): 10:01pm On May 26, 2017
bionixs:
did you call it good development? Afonjas go be like, which development? na fake news and the picture was Photoshoped.

True Afonja isnnur a child of hatred....

Together let's makes dz nation b great again

I dnt care any angle d success cmes frm...

Let's the Whole Nation jz b great once again

#OneNation
#OneNigeria
#Patriotism
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:03pm On May 26, 2017
wristbangle:

Tribal comments won't take us far. The French some weeks ago visited ogun state to acknowledge the state on exportation of rubber, timber, etc yet no noise was made about it.

Back to OP post, kudos to the government of anambra to export ugu as part of our foreign earning boost.

cheesygringringringrin grin
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by Franchise21(m): 10:06pm On May 26, 2017
wristbangle:

Lemme for once concur with u since u refused to be tribalistic... lol cheesy
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by JayB11(m): 10:12pm On May 26, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

Good one......Nice....very Nice.

So the noise about the North being the vegetables hub of Africa is just a ruse as usual. North is just an Over fed Parasite. Zero Contributors.... 100% Recipients/Beggars...

Anambra is now Oil and Agric Rich State..
Nnamdi Kanu started like you.
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by wristbangle: 10:15pm On May 26, 2017
Franchise21:
Lemme for once concur with u since u refused to be tribalistic... lol cheesy

Egbon each time I see your comment, you often remind me of my great Igbo friend Ifeanyi cool

Long time bro. How u dey?
Re: UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State by bionixs: 10:16pm On May 26, 2017
ijebuloaded:

True Afonja isnnur a child of hatred....

Together let's makes dz nation b great again

I dnt care any angle d success cmes frm...

Let's the Whole Nation jz b great once again

#OneNation
#OneNigeria
#Patriotism

my brother,I feel you. but this people are so so tribalized that they don't see anything good from ibos even when it doesn't concern them, they will still make bad remarks.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Being A Spokesman Doesn't Give You Right To Abuse - Bishop Kukah / UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 / Breaking: Ambode Won’t Attend Sanwo-olu’s Inauguration Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.