Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary (11266 Views)

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by logica(m): 9:04am On May 27, 2017
latsy:

Being detected has never stop people from stealing e.g our politicians
and yahoo boys.
Abi o! Thank you. Many of them saying what she did was no big deal; when we've heard of cases where the person withdrew the whole sum and bailed out.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by ekele99(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2017
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by AngelicBeing: 10:11am On May 27, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Wake up from ur slumber no let d dream u had last night blind u from the stark reality staring at us. Nigeria and greatness are two parallel lines that never meets. E don tey we dey "Nigeria shall be great" no be today. We not even our generation unborn can ever realize a great Nigeria. It is only a mere dream. For me sef even for dream I never see Nigeria great talkless of reality. The country is too doomed far beyond redemption.
cool
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by brojoshua: 2:52pm On May 27, 2017
May God bless her who returned what was not her but mistakenly or wrongly paid her but destruction upon those leaders and co who looted all the money that was put in their trust to be spent for the wellbeing of Nigeria and all Nigerians and put Nigeria and Nigerians into hardship and troubles
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by omaigala12(m): 3:14pm On May 27, 2017
thesicilian:
They would have still been detected, so no difference really.
na lie oo
Dats how someone I know recieved a strange Alert of 200k in the same state from the government. And Uptill now nobody dn ask
She don forget say she use d money tae tae sef
On dis Matta Sha for me e go hard oo d kind hardship wey de d state Now.. And her husband has not been paid for 15months Now hmmm
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Mbediogu(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2017
neolboy:
A civil servant in Kogi, Mrs Husseina Mohammed has returned the sum N1, 780,500 paid in excess of her March salary to the coffers of the state government.

Mohammed said this on Friday in Lokoja while on a courtesy visit to the Director – General, Bureau of Information and Grassrrots Mobilisation, Alhaji Abdulkareem Abdulamlik .

She said that she received an alert from her bank in the afternoon of May 21 and discovered that a huge sum had been credited in her favour.

Mohammed said that she immediately called the attention of her husband to the development and a decision was taken to return the money to the coffers of the government.

The civil servant, who works at the state Teaching Service Commission, said she started the process of returning the money back to government on May 22, saying that the money was paid into the government account with the Lokoja branch of the Zenith Bank Plc.

She then handed over the bank teller and other documents used in paying back the money into the government bank account to the Director General Mohammed praised Gov. Yahaya Bello for paying her salary up till March, 2017, saying that she was not in any way affected by just concluded staff screening and verification exercise.

She, however, pleaded with the state government to reciprocate her good gesture by paying the outstanding 15 month salary arrears of her husband, Mr Yakubu Mohammed.

The civil servant said that the salary of her husband was being withheld for the discrepancy in his age declaration, saying that the discrepancy had since been rectified.
In his response, the Director- General commended Mohammed for her honesty.

He said with people like her in the society, Nigeria was sure of winning the ongoing war against corruption.

The Director -General urged other civil servants and residents of the state to emulate Mrs. Mohammed.

He said that her good conduct would not go unrewarded, adding that her exemplary conduct would be recorded for generation yet unborn to learn and emulate.

Abdulmalik also reiterated the resolve of Gov. Yahaya Bello to carry the restructuring of the state civil service to the end.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/kogi-civil-servant-returns-n1-7mln-paid-excess-salary/

it is better she returned it because the mistake would have been found during reconciliation returns since it was bank payment, and traced. Her case would have been worse. Good soft landing.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by thesicilian: 5:14pm On May 27, 2017
omaigala12:
na lie oo
Dats how someone I know recieved a strange Alert of 200k in the same state from the government. And Uptill now nobody dn ask
She don forget say she use d money tae tae sef
On dis Matta Sha for me e go hard oo d kind hardship wey de d state Now.. And her husband has not been paid for 15months Now hmmm
Hahaha
Sharp guy.
Me I won't return it sha, unless they ask for it. And even then they'd have to pay "processing fee" in order to get it back.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by adinoyiM(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2017
aolawale025:
What kind of state owes a worker for 15 months?

A comatose state with a failed government.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? / Can I Use Salesforce Certificate To Get A Job Elsewhere? / Yusuf Sununu Asks CPN To Prosecute 'Unregistered' IT Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.