Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,556 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

What I Told A Russian Today At The Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Told A Russian Today At The Office (1758 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: My Husband Didn’t Kneel To Propose. I Told Him I Hate House Chores / What I Told Buhari When He Telephoned Me On My Daughter’s Killing -fasoranti / President Buhari And Osinbajo Laughing In The Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by legendsilver(m): 9:21pm On May 26, 2017
A Russian saw me in my office and said where are you from , i said am from the greatest country in the world. He looked at me with a very strange look and said let me guess u are from Nigeria , i said yes. Out of curiosity he said considering whats happening in your country now why would you say shes the best in the world and i asked him to sit down and let me tell him what he and most people dont not know about Great Nigeria and i told him these.......

1. Are you aware that all over the world Nigerians are setting the pace and becoming the standard by which others measure themselves? Do you know??

2. In the US, Nigerians are the most educated immigrant community. Type it into Google and you’ll see it. Not one of the most educated, the most educated.

3. 60% of Nigerians in the US have college degrees. This is far above the American national average of 30%.

4. Nigerians in US are one of the highest earners, typically earning 25% more than the median US income of $53k.

5. In Ivy League schools in Europe and America, Nigerians routinely outperform their peers from other nations.

6. A Nigerian family, The Imafidon family, have officially been named the smartest family in the UK.
7. The designer of the famous car, Chevrolet Volt, Jelani Aliyu, is a super talented Nigerian from Sokoto State.

8. The World’s fastest supercomputer was designed by a world renowned inventor and scientist, Philip Emeagwali, a full-blown Nigerian whose pat ency was awarded in 2015. This means Nigeria has the pat ency to the world’s fastest computer: a Nigerian.

9. The wealthiest Black man and woman on earth are Nigerians, Aliko Dangote and Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija. Both have no trace of criminal record of any kind.

10. South Africa couldn’t have ended apartheid & achieved Black rule if not for the leadership role Nigeria played.

11. Of the 3 South African Presidents who ruled after apartheid, two of them once lived in Nigeria under asylum. Both Nelson Mandela (60s) and Thabo Mbeki (70s) lived in Nigeria before becoming President of South Africa.
We gave financial support, human support, boycotted an Olympics and our politicians, musicians and activists campaigned relentlessly.

12. Nigeria spent over $3 Billion and lost hundreds of soldiers to end the wars in both Liberia and Sierra Leone which the world ignored because they have no oil.

13. When there was a coup in São Tomé and Príncipe in 2003, Nigeria restored the
elected President back to power.

14. Before there were street lights in European cities, ancient Benin kingdom had street lights fueled by palm oil.

15. 500 years ago, Benin casted metal alloys to create magnificent art including the world famous Queen Ida Mask.

16. Amina was a warrior queen who ruled Zaria Emirate in Kaduna state, Northwestern Nigeria 400 years ago in 1610. Google and see what she means to Africa.

17. We gave monetary gifts to Ireland during our oil boom and built a statue for France free of charge. We are not poor blacks. Nigeria is rich and don’t be lied to.

18. The first television station in Africa was NTA Ibadan (1960) long before
Ireland has their RTE station.........

Wherever you look in this great country, Nigeria, heroes abound both now and in our recent and ancient past. If all you do is listen to mainstream Western media, you’ll not get the full & true picture of your Nigerian heritage.
Do not listen to any leader who says Nigerians are criminals, no matter who he
is, or his height and position.
We’re not a nation of scammers, drugs & corruption, but a people with a verifiable track record of greatness........

Here is what CNN, BBC, Aljezeera and western media will not tell you about Nigerians:

19. On the 7th of May, 2016 at Howard University in Washington D.C history was
made. Out of 96 graduating Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, 43 of them were Nigerians and out of 27 awards given, 16 went to Nigerians. The entire world still envies our uniqueness as a NATION, living together despite our ethnic diversity.

I am happy to be a proud Nigerian no matter what the world media says, we are far better in most ramifications compared to other nations on the globe.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by padi94(m): 9:28pm On May 26, 2017
Me too...you just said the truth here Nice one fam, wish all Nigerians will realise their heritage
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:33pm On May 26, 2017
Is Nigeria a country or a graveyard cry ?

Graveyard no better pass Nigeria?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Tellemall: 9:40pm On May 26, 2017
How on Earth is Nigeria the greatest country in the world? Just look at the nairaland topics.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by temitope277(m): 9:41pm On May 26, 2017
nice one
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by FieryJustice(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2017
one Nigeria grin
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Theyveedo(m): 9:44pm On May 26, 2017
Op u sure say u talk all these things?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by chinoify: 9:50pm On May 26, 2017
OP... Pls next time add this...
Nigeria is the only country where a budget is approved in Nigeria and signed in London.
Nigeria is the only country where the number 1 man presides from UK.
Nigeria is the only country where a corrupt person will write a book about antidotes of curruption.
Nigeria is the only country where you pay for electricity you didn't use...
Nigeria is the only country where everyone is currupt except proven otherwise.
Nigeria is the only country where the youths can be so vibrant behind keypads but can't hurt a fly in public...
Nigeria is a............

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by nwaire: 9:53pm On May 26, 2017
Hunger no gree us see our heritage o, Nigeria is a mystery indeed "inside black pot, is where white pap comes out" but if u dont look inside, what do you see? A dirty black pot. And why will you want to look inside a dirty black pot, u wont want to spoil your day... Hence I dont blame the Russian colleague of yours
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Punctual(m): 9:54pm On May 26, 2017
So the Russian listen to all this things wey u talk? cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by soberdrunk(m): 9:55pm On May 26, 2017
This message way dem don forward give half of Nigeria tay tay nah him Op dey claim....... angry

2 Likes

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by OreMI22: 9:56pm On May 26, 2017
[s]
legendsilver:
A Russian saw me in my office and said where are you from , i said am from the greatest country in the world. He looked at me with a very strange look and said let me guess u are from Nigeria , i said yes. Out of curiosity he said considering whats happening in your country now why would you say shes the best in the world and i asked him to sit down and let me tell him what he and most people dont not know about Great Nigeria and i told him these.......

1. Are you aware that all over the world Nigerians are setting the pace and becoming the standard by which others measure themselves? Do you know??

2. In the US, Nigerians are the most educated immigrant community. Type it into Google and you’ll see it. Not one of the most educated, the most educated.

3. 60% of Nigerians in the US have college degrees. This is far above the American national average of 30%.

4. Nigerians in US are one of the highest earners, typically earning 25% more than the median US income of $53k.

5. In Ivy League schools in Europe and America, Nigerians routinely outperform their peers from other nations.

6. A Nigerian family, The Imafidon family, have officially been named the smartest family in the UK.
7. The designer of the famous car, Chevrolet Volt, Jelani Aliyu, is a super talented Nigerian from Sokoto State.

8. The World’s fastest supercomputer was designed by a world renowned inventor and scientist, Philip Emeagwali, a full-blown Nigerian whose pat ency was awarded in 2015. This means Nigeria has the pat ency to the world’s fastest computer: a Nigerian.

9. The wealthiest Black man and woman on earth are Nigerians, Aliko Dangote and Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija. Both have no trace of criminal record of any kind.

10. South Africa couldn’t have ended apartheid & achieved Black rule if not for the leadership role Nigeria played.

11. Of the 3 South African Presidents who ruled after apartheid, two of them once lived in Nigeria under asylum. Both Nelson Mandela (60s) and Thabo Mbeki (70s) lived in Nigeria before becoming President of South Africa.
We gave financial support, human support, boycotted an Olympics and our politicians, musicians and activists campaigned relentlessly.

12. Nigeria spent over $3 Billion and lost hundreds of soldiers to end the wars in both Liberia and Sierra Leone which the world ignored because they have no oil.

13. When there was a coup in São Tomé and Príncipe in 2003, Nigeria restored the

14. Before there were street lights in European cities, ancient Benin kingdom had street lights fueled by palm oil.

15. 500 years ago, Benin casted metal alloys to create magnificent art including the world famous Queen Ida Mask.

16. Amina was a warrior queen who ruled Zaria Emirate in Kaduna state, Northwestern Nigeria 400 years ago in 1610. Google and see what she means to Africa.

17. We gave monetary gifts to Ireland during our oil boom and built a statue for France free of charge. We are not poor blacks. Nigeria is rich and don’t be lied to.

Wherever you look in this great country, Nigeria, heroes abound both now and in our recent and ancient past. If all you do is listen to mainstream Western media, you’ll not get the full & true picture of your Nigerian heritage.
We’re not a nation of scammers, drugs & corruption, but a people with a verifiable track record of greatness........

Here is what CNN, BBC, Aljezeera and western media will not tell you about Nigerians:

made. Out of 96 graduating Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, 43 of them were Nigerians and out of 27 awards given, 16 went to Nigerians. The entire world still envies our uniqueness as a NATION, living together despite our ethnic diversity.

I am happy to be a proud Nigerian no matter what the world media says, we are far better in most ramifications compared to other nations on the globe.
[/s]

Trash!

Please who is a "Nigerian"?

A country built on oppression, repression and mass murder?

You are proud of Nigeria because your fathers are the one's cheating and killing in this zoo of a place.

A fulani will always be proud of Nigeria, until soon the oppressed pick up a gun and shoot back at the murderers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by izombie(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2017
Op, all these things you told the man abeg i wan ask, how far with nigeria now? Do we have electricity? No. Good roads? No. Good hospitals? No. Good schools? No. I can go on and on. Please we should stop deceiving ourselves.

1 Like

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Perceptor(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2017
OreMI22:
[s][/s]

Trash!

Please who is a "Nigerian"?

A country built on oppression, repression and murder?

You are proud of Nigeria because your fathers are the one's cheating and killing in this zoo of a place.
Oga this is the description of your own nigeria, it doesn't apply to everybody. The guy has described his own Nigeria, don't contaminate his nigeria wt your nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Nbote(m): 10:17pm On May 26, 2017
OP stop lying ... U copied and pasted from lindaikeji which she obviously copied from somewhere too...

1 Like

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by realborn(m): 10:31pm On May 26, 2017
@OP,

As you have eulogised the virtues of our dear Country, so shall your life be fruitful and filled with positive outcomes. Every country has its share of challenges. Ours may be quite compounded by our obdurate approach to growth, but does not mean we are without great deeds. In my few years of sojourn, I have noticed the following:

1. The arid regions of Paga, Ghana where kids also go through a struggle like our northern children.

2. The very mundane and stunted feel of Monrovia, reeks of Lagos of 1989.

3. The uncontrolled drive for prostitution in Johannesburg by citizens and migrants from neighbouring countries.

4. The filth of Deira in Dubai

5. Several homeless people, aged and young, sleeping on cold Church foyer slabs in Strasbourg, France.

6. A beggar who tricked me and took 50 Euros and ran away, while I intended to part with 10 Euros in Vienna, Austria.

7. A host of hostilities against immigrants and a gale of resident beggars in Milan, Italy. Visit Piazza Del Duomo.

8. Hard drugs and sex sold on the street of Budapest, Hungary. Stroll by the Sofitel at 10pm to get shocked. Also public walls get lined with a compendium of dirty slogans.

9. The struggles in Bratislava, Slovakia for some residents to make ends meet

10. Foshan District (China) factories, the welfare conditions and the toil of labour workers.

The list can go on and on for experiences of others all over the world.

We must continue to appreciate and launder our good traits, especially to foreigners. This is the only way to earn a modicum of respect. The global media and few bad Nigerian citizens have painted us with a paint of dirt for oo long. The cleansing starts with each of us. Kudos! smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by legendsilver(m): 10:46pm On May 26, 2017
izombie:
Op, all these things you told the man abeg i wan ask, how far with nigeria now? Do we have electricity? No. Good roads? No. Good hospitals? No. Good schools? No. I can go on and on. Please we should stop deceiving ourselves.
I am a proud Nigerian that God created to make a difference in this life. Your Nigeria may not have what you mentioned above, but I know there are places where those itemized infrastructures can be found.
God bless the greatest country of the world and that country is

#NIGERIA
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by EmmanuelCena(m): 12:08am On May 27, 2017
Now that was quite enlightening!
Nigeria to the world.

An American will never tell you how much corruption and evil resides in his country.

He won't tell you how school children go to school not sure if they'll come home alive,because a random guy could walk into the classrooms and open fire on thr innocent students.

Never will he tell you how much they envy Nigerians in diaspora; how they envy their intelligence, their tenacity, and hard work.

He never will tell you how many of them are unemployed and how insecure they are about their future...

He won't tell you all of this!
But a Nigerian would close his eyes to the positives about His country and keep on portraying its negatives to the world!

Nigerians, we are good people, strong and tenacious. Setting a goal for ourselves and always achieving it.

We are Nigerians,
We are great people!

Nigeria to the world!

3 Likes

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:46am On May 27, 2017
It would have been better to bring some VALID point to this thread, rather that most of these worthless point....

A Russian saw me in my office and said where are you from , i said am from the greatest country in the world.He looked at me with a very strange look and said let me guess u are from Nigeria , i said yes. Out of curiosity he said considering whats happening in your country now why would you say shes the best in the world and i asked him to sit down and let me tell him what he and most people dont not know about Great Nigeria and i told him these.......

1. Are you aware that all over the world Nigerians are setting the pace and becoming the standard by which others measure themselves? Do you know?
that is the 1st joke of the day....bwaaaaah. Pls I suggest you travel a bit more

and how does that make people look up to Nigerians?! Unless you can be "gainfully employed", being the smartest person at the Mc Ds counter is useless

what you wrote above is such a primitive way to compare countries.... Nation of 180M, maybe 1M are living in the US, and this is what you use to compare them with the whole US population...... How sad! Now tell us all how do Nigeria (as a country) compares to the US,in that same subject. What you wrote would be as silly as saying that,if there is 100 congolese living in Nigeria, and they are all educated, therefore 100% of confess are educated and thats much better than the Nigerian national average. Duh!!!

4. Nigerians in US are one of the highest earners, typically
earning 25% more than the median US income of $53k.

again, using the lucky few legally working in the US to bring a very poor point. Comparing a small african community with a whole nation is such a wrong way to think.

pls stop writing rubbish online, its bad for the health. I understand that you wanna bring Nigeria up, but there are proper ways to do so, than this nonsense. Yes, some very intelligent Nigerians shine at these Ivy leagues schools, but to claims that this is what happened at all of them, every year is another joke of yours.

I guess everyone should copy these parents, move to the UK, and have their BRITISH kids be educated there, right? Arrant nonsense if anyone e even care where these parents came from

7. The designer of the famous car, Chevrolet Volt, Jelani Aliyu, is a super
talented Nigerian from Sokoto State.

OK..... So one Nigerian did something great again, and the whole world envy Nigerians?!

and again, how is that relevant to the 180M of Nigerians that the world envy?! Stop celebrating mediocrity.... There are smart people all over the world, that will never be a reason to envy a whole population

9. The wealthiest Black man and woman on earth are
Nigerians, Aliko Dangote and Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija. Both have no trace of criminal record of any kind.

?!?!?!

10. South Africa couldn’t have ended apartheid & achieved Black rule if not for
the leadership role Nigeria played.

yet today, could tless Nigerians are lynched in the same SA, just for being Nigerians?! Abeg receive sense!

11. Of the 3 South African Presidents who ruled after apartheid, two of them once
lived in Nigeria under asylum. Both Nelson Mandela (60s) and Thabo Mbeki (70s) lived in Nigeria before becoming President
of South Africa.

... And this makes Nigeria and Nigerians great because....?!?!

12. Nigeria spent over $3 Billion and lost hundreds of soldiers to end the wars in both Liberia and Sierra
Leone which the world ignored because they have no oil.

many countries spend 10x more than that to help Liberia.....

14. Before there were street lights in European cities, ancient Benin kingdom
had street lights fueled by palm oil.
5. 500 years ago, Benin casted metal alloys to create magnificent art including the world famous Queen Ida Mask.
16. Amina was a warrior queen who ruled Zaria Emirate in Kaduna state,
Northwestern Nigeria 400 years ago in 1610. Google and see what she means to
Africa.
17. We gave monetary gifts to Ireland during our oil boom and
built a statue for France free of charge. We are not poor blacks. Nigeria is rich and don’t be lied to.

ain't you tired of celebrating MEDIOCRITY?! This is what should be done, this is what is RIGHT. This is what the majority of people do. This is life, and irrelevant as to why people should respect/envy Nigerians

made. Out of 96 graduating Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, 43 of them were
Nigerians and out of 27 awards given, 16 went to Nigerians. The entire world still envies our uniqueness as a NATION, living together despite our ethnic diversity. One single country with over 400 languages. They will only tell you how Nigerians are scammers and cheats, how Nigerians are into drugs overseas. If you don’t blow your trumpet, no one will blow it for you.
VIVA NAIJA!!!

clap for yourself.....and because ONE university outside Africa had such event, this is a reason to be proud of rubbish?! What about education in Nigeria?

FIXED

3 Likes

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Nina4u(f): 6:31am On May 27, 2017
EmmanuelCena:
Now that was quite enlightening!
Nigeria to the world.

An American will never tell you how much corruption and evil resides in his country.

He won't tell you how school children go to school not sure if they'll come home alive,because a random guy could walk into the classrooms and open fire on thr innocent students.

Never will he tell you how much they envy Nigerians in diaspora; how they envy their intelligence, their tenacity, and hard work.

He never will tell you how many of them are unemployed and how insecure they are about their future...

He won't tell you all of this!
But a Nigerian would close his eyes to the positives about His country and keep on portraying its negatives to the world!

Nigerians, we are good people, strong and tenacious. Setting a goal for ourselves and always achieving it.

We are Nigerians,
We are great people!

Nigeria to the world!
there is no infrastructure.. No light no law.. Every man for him self.. Hopefully u wont be heiring the theif screamd wrongfully and be burn alive.. There is no love in the heart of the city thats blood thirsty Nigerians for you...judge first ..condamn then say oh well he was innocent .... Never forget Lloyd and Ogunna.. Aluu4

3 Likes

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by abbeyty(m): 7:24am On May 27, 2017
greatest country in deed, to the writer since you know your country is that great what are you doing in the USA

Nigeria is now among the countries in the world with worthless currency

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/are-these-the-worlds-most-worthless-currencies/ss-BBBxROV?li=BBoPWjQ#image=6

1 Like

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Nobody: 7:27am On May 27, 2017
It's always a great feeling to be "proud" of Nigeria from abroad.
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by ekoonibaje4life: 8:00am On May 27, 2017
I get am before no be properly

1 Like

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by afonjadie: 10:45am On May 27, 2017
Op personally I think you were telling the Russian about Biafrans and Igbo's grin

As for the other points that does not concern Biafrans, this is what I have to say.

"I get am before no be property", I am sure the Russian also told you same thing.

For the historical facts they are limited to north or south with no global relevance.

Have a nice day, with your patriotic masturbation, hopes it earns you a decent job.

Even though the whole story of your chat with the Russian is a big lie I simply responded so you don't continue living in self denial. grin
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by ElsonMorali: 10:52am On May 27, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Is Nigeria a country or a graveyard cry ?

Graveyard no better pass Nigeria?

Awon shudren of hate. Dem don dey arrive.

You are welcome. Take your seats. Yes, over there at the bottom of the lagoon.
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by ejanla077: 11:50am On May 27, 2017
legendsilver:

[s]
legendsilver:

[/s]
legendsilver:

trash

Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by oweniwe(m): 2:10pm On May 27, 2017
Legendsilver

Why can't Nigerians achieve all that in Nigeria? angry

Americans, Russians, Chinese, ... UAE ... Even Malaysians achieved their global status in their country.

The billionaires you mentioned were made by government favoritsm. We all know Alakija & Dangote stories

Why do Nigerians have to travel out of Nigeria to achieve anything tangible?
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 27, 2017
Op clap for urself.so how is these your questions to ordinary Russian citizen effect or better Nigeria pls.
Re: What I Told A Russian Today At The Office by EazyMoh(m): 2:34pm On May 27, 2017
You don't have to lie to be proud of your country please.
So the Russian sat down while you gave him 45mins lecture of irrelevant stories.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Civil War Is Not Over - Wole Soyinka / Buhari's Meeting With Service Chiefs: An Observation / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Daily Sun Newspaper Headlines [30 September, 2017]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.