Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,566 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? (14024 Views)

Eid Mubarak Pictures / Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) / Ramadan Kareem To You All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

Absolutely proper. You can call people "Kareem, Rahman, Raheem, Wasi', Lateef, etc etc". But you cannot call them, " Al-Kareem, Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem, Al-Wasi, Al-Lateef etc", only Allah is that (with the prefix "al" ) except you add "Abd (servant)" to it like "Abd Al-Kareem or AbdulKareem", " Abd Ar-Rahman" etc.

Its not a must "Al" be added if you say so then how are you going to do with this;

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 182:

فَمَنْ خَافَ مِن مُّوصٍ جَنَفًا أَوْ إِثْمًا فَأَصْلَحَ بَيْنَهُمْ فَلَا إِثْمَ عَلَيْهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

But he who fears from a testator some unjust act or wrong-doing, and thereupon he makes peace between the parties concerned, there shall be no sin on him. Certainly, Allah is Oft-Forgiving(Gafoor), Most Merciful(Raheem).

via iQuran

Note what is there is "gafoorur raheem" not "Al-gafoor Ar-Raheem"

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by maskid(m): 2:37pm On May 27, 2017
why are muslims sooo insecure??

why put that disclaimer before comments>?

is it the same for christians??

smh

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by AlBaqir(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

How about "Al-ameen"?

Al-amin is not among the names of Allah. Rather Nabi was nicknamed "al-amin" for his trustworthiness. So bearing the name with the prefix has no wahala.
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by AlBaqir(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Its not a must "Al" be added if you say so then how are you going to do with this;

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 182:

فَمَنْ خَافَ مِن مُّوصٍ جَنَفًا أَوْ إِثْمًا فَأَصْلَحَ بَيْنَهُمْ فَلَا إِثْمَ عَلَيْهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

But he who fears from a testator some unjust act or wrong-doing, and thereupon he makes peace between the parties concerned, there shall be no sin on him. Certainly, Allah is Oft-Forgiving(Gafoor), Most Merciful(Raheem).

via iQuran

Note what is there is "gafoorur raheem" not "Al-gafoor Ar-Raheem"

# Please stop embarrassing yourself. Go and meet your Alfas and let them explain why prefix " al" should be on Allah's name and not somebody bearing it.

# Then look well, what you have quoted is in a sentence with "tanween".

* " Innallah gafurun rahimun". And the verse before it also reads, "Innallah semiun aleemun".

3 Likes

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Please stop embarrassing yourself. Go and meet your Alfas and let them explain why prefix " al" should be on Allah's name and not somebody bearing it.

Before you keep showing us how unguarded your tongue is even in Ramadan, go and check what you quoted properly, I said its not a must Al is added and I gave an aayah supporting that......

# Then look well, what you have quoted is in a sentence with "tanween".

* " Innallah gafurun rahimun". And the verse before it also reads, "Innallah semiun aleemun".

What's your point here?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Rilwayne001: 3:06pm On May 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

Al-amin is not among the names of Allah. Rather Nabi was nicknamed "al-amin" for his trustworthiness. So bearing the name with the prefix has no wahala.

Thanks.
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by tintingz(m): 3:09pm On May 27, 2017
Person can't fast peacefully again, na so so fight and argument.

Ramadan greetings don turn argument.

Olorun oba ooo! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Rilwayne001: 3:16pm On May 27, 2017
tintingz:
Person can't fast peacefully again, na so so fight and argument.

Ramadan greetings don turn argument.

Olorun oba ooo! grin grin grin grin

Infact ehn angry angry
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by tintingz(m): 3:21pm On May 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Infact ehn angry angry
I tire oo

Ramadan Kareem, Ramadan Mubarak, greetings na greetings

Albaqir, you dey try ooo.
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Demmzy15(m): 3:26pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Can you tell us what the prophet did there?
I don't even know why you're dragging issues with the guy, someone who believes hitting and slapping his face, cursing, supplicating to the dead as sunnah, just know he can't be reasoned with!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Demmzy15(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Infact ehn angry angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by dultmax(m): 3:39pm On May 27, 2017
Reading tru the comments, I can't help but say some muslims have been brainwashed. You will hear them condemn things and attach useless meanings to it. Does the intention of the person who greeted you with Ramadan Kareem has something to do with the fact that Ramadan is Kareem? But I gave up on some certain school of thought in Islam when the ustaz said saying Bismilahi Rahmani Roheem before eating is bidia. According to him, it should be Bismilahi and adding Rahman Roheem means innovation.

There are lots of imbalances in the society that needs to be condemned. The fact that beer parlours have no patronage during Ramadan shows that Muslims are their customers.

Scholars, please save us a lot of crap with your bidia ideas, I know it is such believe that leads to extremism. Imagine the damage Boko Haram has done to the image of Islam. Is not the extreme believe that leads to such.?

If you are AL sunnah.... Do it with the fear of Allah.

If you are Sufi.... Do it with the fear of Allah

If you are Tebligh.... Do it with the fear of Allah

If you are Quadiriya... Do it with the fear of Allah.

Please.. Brothers in Islam, stop confusing people with Bidia.... Allah will judge our intentions

Thanks

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Rilwayne001: 3:47pm On May 27, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin grin grin grin

You ehn...you go just dey share ipob tout posts anyhow, or are you not an afonja? sad sad angry grin
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by FriendNG: 3:50pm On May 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

You ehn...you go just dey share ipob tout posts anyhow, or are you not an afonja? sad sad angry grin

He is not any longer. I done give him Hausa citizenship. He is now Hausa & not longer Afonja.
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Rilwayne001: 3:53pm On May 27, 2017
FriendNG:

He is not any longer. I done give him Hausa citizenship. He is now Hausa & not longer Afonja.

He dare not tell me that sad angry
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Demmzy15(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin Wallahi, e just too funny!

WAllahi, this awe don dey hold me o!! undecided cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Demmzy15(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2017
FriendNG:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by FriendNG: 4:12pm On May 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

He dare not tell me that sad angry

grin grin are you going to beat tam? But on a serious note me self done se am. He go dey share ipob post that speak against Afonja. Like see he has Igbo.
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by clickwtB(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2017
RAMADAN MUKARRAM
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Saying Ramadan Kareem Explained By Shaykh Uthaymeen

Questioner: When The Fasting Person Falls Into A Sin
And He Is Prohibited From That Sin He Will Say, Ramadan Kareem. So What Is The Ruling Concerning This Phrase And What Is The Ruling Concerning This Behavior?

Shaykh Uthaymeen: Said:

The Ruling Concerning This Is, This Phrase Ramadan Kareem Is Not Correct, And The Only Phrase That Should Be Said Is Ramadan Mubarak Or What Resembles That. Because Ramadan Is Not The One That Gives Such That It Can Be Called Generous (Kareem), Rather It Is Only Allah The Exalted That Put Virtue In It And Made It A Virtuous Month And Made The Time Period For Performing (The Fasting) A Pillar From Islam.

And It Is As Though The One Who Said This Thinks That
Due To The Nobility Of This Month It Is Permissible To
Commit Sins. And This Is In Opposition To What The
People Of Knowledge Have Said (For They Have Said)
That The Sins Are Multiplied If They Are Done During
Virtuous Times Or Noble Places So This Is The Opposite
Of What This Person Has Assumed.
And They Have Said That It Is Incumbent Upon The
Person To Have Taqwa Of Allah The Mighty And
Majestic During Every Time And In Every Place
Especially During Virtuous Times And In Noble Places.
And Allah The Mighty And Majestic Says:
ﻳﺎ ﺃَﻳُّﻬَﺎ ﺍﻟَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﺀَﺍﻣَﻨُﻮﺍْ ﻛُﺘِﺐَ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻜُﻢُ ﺍﻟﺼِّﻴَﺎﻡُ ﻛَﻤَﺎ ﻛُﺘِﺐَ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺍﻟَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﻣِﻦ ﻗَﺒْﻠِﻜُﻢْ ﻟَﻌَﻠَّﻜُﻢْ
ﺗَﺘَّﻘُﻮﻥَ

“oh You Who Believe Fasting Has Been Prescribed For
You Like It Was Prescribed For Those Before You That
You May Obtain Taqwa.”

So The Wisdom Behind The Obligation Of Fasting Is To
Gain Taqwa Of Allah The Mighty And Majestic By
Doing What He Has Ordered And Avoiding What He Has
Prohibited. And It Has Been Established That The
Prophet Peace And Blessing Be Upon Him Said:
ﻣﻦ ﻟﻢ ﻳﺪﻉ ﻗﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﺰﻭﺭ، ﻭﺍﻟﻌﻤﻞ ﺑﻪ، ﻭﺍﻟﺠﻬﻞ، ﻓﻠﻴﺲ ﻟﻠﻪ ﺣﺎﺟﺔ ﻓﻲ ﺃﻥ ﻳﺪﻉ ﻃﻌﺎﻣﻪ
ﻭﺷﺮﺍﺑﻪ

Whoever Does Not Abandon Falsehood In Word And
Action, Then Allah Mighty And Majestic Has No Need
That He Should Leave His Food And Drink.
Therefore Fasting Is Worship For Allah And
Cultivation For The Soul And A Safeguard For It From
The Prohibitions Of Allah. And It Is Not Like This One
Without Knowledge Has Said That Due To The Nobility
Of This Month And Its Blessing, Sinning Is Allowed In
It.
can I brush my mouth like twice during Ramadan? I mean during d day?
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 27, 2017
AdebisiAdeyinka:
can I brush my mouth like twice during Ramadan? I mean during d day?

With miswak or tooth paste?
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by aisammy4: 4:58pm On May 27, 2017
I'm really amazes that a simple question was asked, instead of answering it some people take to argument. If learned Muslims can not find a leverage to agree on a common issue how can we agree with that other religion.

What I'm saying here is, we should have in the back of our minds that there are people reading our post to improve more in Iman. If we are separated than these people would not learn anything.

Please those who have more knowledge on this topic should come out to clear the air. This is for the sake of those people who are still new to Islam and would want to grow their knowledge.
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Fundamentalist: 6:15pm On May 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# I thought you guys always do things according to the book ni. Wonders shall never end.

Whether Ramadan Mubarak or Ramadan Kareem, which one was used by Nabi and "Salaf Salih" to greet themselves? Bring out hadith to justify your sheik's position. Remember your thought has always been anything not command by the Quran or not done by Nabi or Sahabah is Bid'ah.

Since the day i learnt that neither Ramadhan Kareem nor Ramadhan mubarak is not traced in the origin of islam i didn't even for a second saw any good in saying such. i dont Agree with the sheikh
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Fundamentalist: 6:18pm On May 27, 2017
dultmax:
Reading tru the comments, I can't help but say some muslims have been brainwashed. You will hear them condemn things and attach useless meanings to it. Does the intention of the person who greeted you with Ramadan Kareem has something to do with the fact that Ramadan is Kareem? But I gave up on some certain school of thought in Islam when the ustaz said saying Bismilahi Rahmani Roheem before eating is bidia. According to him, it should be Bismilahi and adding Rahman Roheem means innovation.

There are lots of imbalances in the society that needs to be condemned. The fact that beer parlours have no patronage during Ramadan shows that Muslims are their customers.

Scholars, please save us a lot of crap with your bidia ideas, I know it is such believe that leads to extremism. Imagine the damage Boko Haram has done to the image of Islam. Is not the extreme believe that leads to such.?

If you are AL sunnah.... Do it with the fear of Allah.

If you are Sufi.... Do it with the fear of Allah

If you are Tebligh.... Do it with the fear of Allah

If you are Quadiriya... Do it with the fear of Allah.

Please.. Brothers in Islam, stop confusing people with Bidia.... Allah will judge our intentions

Thanks

Your confusion Regarding religious issues is quit surprising, it will do well for you if you refrain from issues you don't understand
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by dultmax(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Your confusion Regarding religious issues is quit surprising, it will do well for you if you refrain from issues you don't understand

May Allah open the doors for you so that you can see, hear and listen.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Rilwayne001: 6:36pm On May 27, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin grin grin Wallahi, e just too funny!

WAllahi, this awe don dey hold me o!! undecided cry

Hehe, you never see anything cheesy

Hope you sha repay the ones you were owing? undecided
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Fundamentalist: 6:38pm On May 27, 2017
dultmax:

May Allah open the doors for you so that you can see, hear and listen.

AMEEN

....... Alhamdulillah The sunnah of the prophet has given me these
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Demmzy15(m): 6:40pm On May 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Hehe, you never see anything cheesy

Hope you sha repay the ones you were owing? undecided
I finished like 3 days back na grin grin I wan even go meet those admin guys maybe there's special packages for Muslims..... One navy guy just jam me this evening, d guy was just vexing, he probably didn't find confirm stuff for Sahur embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

With miswak or tooth paste?
tooth paste
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 27, 2017
AdebisiAdeyinka:
tooth paste

Its dangerous, but if you are sure you can prevent its taste following your saliva into your throat then no problem, but its safer to use miswak, infact its sunnah and you'll get rewarded for using the miswak...
Re: Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why? by Mofpearl: 7:12pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Its dangerous, but if you are sure you can prevent its taste following your saliva into your throat then no problem, but its safer to use miswak, infact its sunnah and you'll get rewarded for using the miswak...

Miswak can still be swallowed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Giving Your Children Tribal Marks / How To Pay Zakah On A Salary / Barka De Salah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.