Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? (20047 Views)

NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / Eid-l-fitri 2019: Crescent Has Been Sighted, Sultan To Make Announcement Shortly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by nagoma(m): 11:29pm On May 27, 2017
FriendNG:

I am not saying because I hear rather is something I know.

I was just being polite, but you don't know. It was always the Sultan who announced the siting of the moon even before TV was common. People stayed around their radio sets to hear the confirmation even when the present Sultan was in primary school. At least this was true for the northern states and the northern provinces before then.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by Midumighty(m): 11:37pm On May 27, 2017
Kathmandu:
Why should the Sultan automatically becomes the head of Muslims in Nigeria when there are other groups that can also vie for it.

Yoruba Muslims need to rise up and challenge this aberration. Sultan doesn't have a direct communication to Allah so others should aspire for the head of Muslim body
They wanted to put sheikh habeebullahi Adam Al-ilory(O.O.N) but dey disqualified him because of beard hair.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by Abdul124(m): 11:50pm On May 27, 2017
It is because the wrk of a leader is to direct and restrict followers frm harm.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by Hafeezson(m): 4:56am On May 28, 2017
Useless thread, is like asking why is it only Buhari is instructing any arms of government in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by Nobody: 5:14am On May 28, 2017
Kathmandu:
Why should the Sultan automatically becomes the head of Muslims in Nigeria when there are other groups that can also vie for it.

Yoruba Muslims need to rise up and challenge this aberration. Sultan doesn't have a direct communication to Allah so others should aspire for the head of Muslim body
Yoruba Muslims ain't complaining
In Islam,there will always be a pious leader to lead the Muslims
If he didn't announce,we as Muslims would still have started the fasting,cus we follow the Islamic calendar

1 Like

Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by Nobody: 5:17am On May 28, 2017
This is a very useless thread
In this month of Ramadan,y bringing emnity and discord
U better keep to yourself and not post nonsense talk
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:36am On May 28, 2017
What I know,as a Muslim,is that I do not need any Sultan to carry out any of my religious duties/rites as I do not take religious instruction from him. Islam did not come to Yoruba land through any 'Othman Dan Fodio'; there had been 'Esin Imonle'-Islam in Yoruba land before the arrival of Mr Fodio in the Northern part of the country. This is a topic for another day anyway. Salam aleikun waramatullah wabaraka tuhu.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by DaudaAbu(m): 6:15am On May 28, 2017
nagoma:

I was just being polite, but you don't know. It was always the Sultan who announced the siting of the moon even before TV was common. People stayed around their radio sets to hear the confirmation even when the present Sultan was in primary school. At least this was true for the northern states and the northern provinces before then.

The space of the nigerian entity is very wide/broad.

The moon might be sighted in Osogbo, in katsina , maiduguri, yola,port-harcourt or even Epe.

Before social media becomes this available,before the advent of GSM, before even TV was common, when an important infomation need to be passed to the people radio was used. Town cryers do that even before we have radios.

Now, if the moon is sighted in lets say port-harcourt, how do you expect someone in maiduguri to know that it was sighted and fasting is to commence?

Except if you are saying every locality hav to sight the moon by themselve before they commence the fasting, somebody need to be an authority in making these declaration.

Moreover its only the month of ramadan with all its significance that people show this much interest in. Other months too the moon is sighted signify the end of one month and commencement of another

1 Like

Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by abdulmalik3(m): 6:45am On May 28, 2017
Kathmandu:

which of the Yoruba king,those that are fetish ? At the same time that's where Islam start in Nigeria, you can't question Saudi Arabia authority on such because that's where Islam originated from and to be a khalifa is not about politics that you decide at polling unit,its all about suggestion and firm oath to serve in accordance with Allah will and sunnah.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by abdulmalik3(m): 6:48am On May 28, 2017
OROSUNBOLB:
What I know,as a Muslim,is that I do not need any Sultan to carry out any of my religious duties/rites as I do not take religious instruction from him. Islam did not come to Yoruba land through any 'Othman Dan Fodio'; there had been 'Esin Imonle'-Islam in Yoruba land before the arrival of Mr Fodio in the Northern part of the country. This is a topic for another day anyway. Salam aleikun waramatullah wabaraka tuhu.
introduce by who?
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:08am On May 28, 2017
abdulmalik3:
introduce by who?

You will find all the answers you require only if you're ready to commit your time and energy to some mental exercise- Research! What I said earlier in my post is a fact; it is verifiable. There were muslims in Yoruba land before Othman Dan Fodio arrived Hausa land.

Please challenge yourself mentally and know the truth.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by Alennsar(f): 10:36am On May 28, 2017
Kathmandu:

don't start Wat you can't finish.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by lordmans(m): 1:09pm On May 28, 2017
In d name of Allah d most Gracious, d most Merciful. I bear witness dat dere s no god bt Allah n Mohammed s His messenger.

I saw d frantic efforts made by some Muslims to answer d question posted by d op, all in an attempt to escape dere complexes n also to avoid name-calling.

It s obvious some comments were made by non Muslims n non yorubas.

Before responding let me state wu i am. I'm a Yoruba from lagos island n my mother s a direct descendant of d caliphate dat settled in Ilorin years ago.

In Nigeria unlike other countries with large Muslim population dere s no ministry of Islamic or religious affairs, so d duty to officially announce d commencement of d Ramadan fasting s reposed in traditional institutions dat share Islamic affinities. These institutions don't determine nor fix d date cos d sighting of d moon for d Ramadan for d next 100 yrs hv bn scientifically calculated. D period to look out for d moon at any tym of d yr s known bt d actual day hs to b watched out for. Dat s d routine in calendar based on lunar cycle.

So at ds expected period all known Islamic nations, organizations, institutions liaise together across d globe while some phone numbers ar listed which u can inform if d moon s sighted by anyone for confirmation: ds s to ensure conformity. In Nigeria, d office of d sultan s among such institutions, d alaafin , awujale, etsu of nupe n others ar also included.

Coming to yorubaland d traditional institutions ar nt Islamic, ie, a xtian Yoruba can also hold such office bt d sultan s purely Islamic in history n constitution. If I cld remember d last king in Lagos ws a xtian.

The emirate system in d north s Islamic, n all d emirs(coined from d word amir, meaning religious leader) owe allegiance to d sultan, who s d main king n double as d caliph for d northern Nigeria up to d tym d British annexed Nigeria.

D southwest has no central Islamic institution n so it s more of a convenience dan subservience to look up to a central figure in d office of d sultan for d official announcement which d sultan does after d usual consultation as decreed in d hadith.

All Muslim ar brothers.

Ma salaam
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by FriendNG: 1:10pm On May 28, 2017
nagoma:

Sir believe what you wish. You must not agree in one thing but before this Sultan each emir has the right to announced for his state. The Late Emir of Kano Alh Dr. Ado Bayero always announced the sighting of moon whether sultan does or not. (I listen to him each year). When this new Sultan came, he called the emirs and stop them from announcing it but they can still receive people to tell them if they sighted the moon, then they will communicate to him.

Pls don't quote me again, stay with your believe that Sultan is the only one doing so since time memorial. Ok
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by babayinka77(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2017
Kathmandu:

It is obvious that non-muslims are allowed to comment here, and they won't even allow muslims to tell them about Islam. Muslims are usually to choose a leader amongst them, for the group or nation. In nigeria, the association that coordinates islamic affairs is Jamatu Nasr li Islam (JNI). Muslims nationwide, Hausa, youruba or Igbo, tiv, kanuri etc. Take instruction on islamic issues from JNI. Whoever is the leader of JNI is automatically the leader of muslims based on knowledge and leadership ranking. You can not lead in islam without the knowledge of qur'an and sunnah. And in this case, the Sultan is the leader. We muslims are united under him and we need no counselling from a non-muslim about it. Islam is practised based on laid down principles and not with native intelligence. May Allah grant us the knowledge to best practise his religion and serve him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by nagoma(m): 11:59pm On May 28, 2017
FriendNG:

Sir believe what you wish. You must not agree in one thing but before this Sultan each emir has the right to announced for his state. The Late Emir of Kano Alh Dr. Ado Bayero always announced the sighting of moon whether sultan does or not. (I listen to him each year). When this new Sultan came, he called the emirs and stop them from announcing it but they can still receive people to tell them if they sighted the moon, then they will communicate to him.
Pls don't quote me again, stay with your believe that Sultan is the only one doing so since time memorial. Ok

We are talking about facts. But I do agree that you can hold on to you fairy tale.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by abdulmalik3(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
OROSUNBOLB:

You will find all the answers you require only if you're ready to commit your time and energy to some mental exercise- Research! What I said earlier in my post is a fact; it is verifiable. There were muslims in Yoruba land before Othman Dan Fodio arrived Hausa land.

Please challenge yourself mentally and know the truth.
you are mentally disturb, was bad in that, and moreover, have you find any I'll thing about the sultan? you are the type of people that disturb Peace.and all your plot will be in vain.
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
abdulmalik3:
you are mentally disturb, was bad in that, and moreover, have you find any I'll thing about the sultan? you are the type of people that disturb Peace.and all your plot will be in vain.

Please you can write in your native language as I don't understand the trash you put up there. Someone will definitely interpret your message here. However,I can see that you're not mentally capable of intelligent discourse. Sai gobe!
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by abdulmalik3(m): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
OROSUNBOLB:

Please you can write in your native language as I don't understand the trash you put up there. Someone will definitely interpret your message here. However,I can see that you're not mentally capable of intelligent discourse. Sai gobe!
you are a fool
Re: Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? by Isahalbash(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
azimibraun:
Nigeria is a circular country. Ask the CAN President and The Sultan and both of them will tell you to quote me.

No be only CIRCULAR Na MOTORCYCLE grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Pork Haram? / ABU TALIB - Beloved Uncle Of Muhammad( Mu'min Or Kafir?) / Punishment For Neglecting Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.