Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? (3972 Views)

Couple's Wedding Picture Trends Because Of The Bride's Makeup / Osman Hafiz: Ghanaian Man Marries 3 Women Same Day (Wedding Invitation) / Please Your Girlfriend Should Come First Before Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2017
You all know what I'm talking about don't you?...you get a wedding invite and you see the lady's name coming first i:e Titilayo weds Adekunle when it is Kunle that is getting married to the lady even when we all know that it is the guy that woos the lady and proposes.

What will happen if someguy changes that trend and puts his name first? i dont think anyone who comes to the wedding will be so vicious and small-minded as to say nasty things about the order of your names on invitations and favors!

The traditional way is one way of doing things but it isn’t the only way and there’s nothing tacky or crass about doing things differently. Putting the names in a non-traditional order is NOT on par with demanding that guests bring you extravagant gifts, or pay for their own meals or whatever.

Well many people may wonder why I'm asking this funny question but I'm just wandering if there is a logical reason why it is so...is it just the tradition or a trend that people have come to accept?

Over to you all.

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 27, 2017
Lool this guy it's not by force to post thread

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Jilo83(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2017
That is how it suppose to be.
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 27, 2017
When you start changes things .. not a good sign grin
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 3:14pm On May 27, 2017
1bkaye:
Lool this guy it's not by force to post thread

Lol! ironically it is my way of catching fun cos writing is a great passion I enjoy.

So what I'd your man wants his name to come first?
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 3:17pm On May 27, 2017
LalaLushness:

When you start changes things .. not a good sign grin
It's called creativity and people may catch in.
I love deviating from the norm.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by ariyebaba(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2017
From all the wedding invites/banners i have seen so far, its .................. BRIDE before the GROOM. cheesy

ADEBUKOLA WEDS ADEWALE

CHIAMAKA WEDS CHINONSO

FATIMAH WEDS ABUBAKAR

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 27, 2017
How does whose name is written first mata biko?

Which kind joblessness be this biko

1 Like

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:

Lol! ironically it is my way of catching fun cos writing is a great passion I enjoy.

So what I'd your man wants his name to come first?
Lol fair enough

Don't think I'd be fussed, I'd care about the reason if anything i.e. anything weird like trying to assert his 'dominance' because he's the man therefore should come first type things. Otherwise I'm not bothered
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by wunmi590(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2017
I have also thought of that, and anytime I want to ask such question it keep skipping my mind, I guess this got my attention.

Ever since I was born, it has always been the norm, only 1% out of our normal wedding invitation would you see a grooms name coming before the bride.

For me i guess its cool, its makes the invitation unique, i love it that way.

BTW: Even if the Bride name comes first in the invitation, the woman would still leave her surname and be bearing the husbands name, i guess that's the koko.

And lastly, its not about how wedding invitation is written, its about your relationship life is well arranged and written after the wedding.

Lalasticlala, i guess this piece is front page worthy

1 Like

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2017
wunmi590:
I have also thought of that, and anytime I want to ask such question it keep skipping my mind, I guess this got my attention.

Ever since I was born, it has always been the norm, only 1% out of our normal wedding invitation would you see a grooms name coming before the bride.

For me i guess its cool, its makes the invitation unique, i love it that way.

BTW: Even if the Bride name comes first in the invitation, the woman would still leave her surname and be bearing the husbands name, i guess that's the koko.

And lastly, its not about how wedding invitation is written, its about your relationship life is well arranged and writte36n after the wedding.

Lalasticlala, i guess this piece is front page worthy

Hmmmm!
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2017
itsJude:
How does whose name is written first mata biko?

Which kind joblessness be this biko

Serious joblessness my brother...at least for people like you who work Mondays Through Sundays.

But in case you are wondering...it's called creative writing.
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:

Serious joblessness my brother...at least for people like you who work Mondays Through Sundays.

But in case you are wondering...it's called creative writing.
dont start wit me ooo

Look well i no be ur mate

Creative writing fire , who cares

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2017
itsJude:
dont start wit me ooo
Look well i no be ur mate
Creative writing fire , who cares

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by refiner(f): 5:53pm On May 27, 2017
Pheeeew!...when i saw the wedding invitation @ topic...never bothered to read d rest...just clicked on it...thinking toks is about to get married....so we can now rest!

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by lloydmuna2(m): 6:05pm On May 27, 2017
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Solvik(f): 6:06pm On May 27, 2017
I think its the western culture that has the female name comes first but I read a book by Pastor Bisi Adewale "Before you say I do" and he said the groom's name should come first cause its the man that is getting married to the woman and not the other way round and a friend of mine that recently got married followed suit. I don't really like the groom's name first maybe because I'm used to bride's name first.
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2017
Solvik:
I think its the western culture that has the female name comes first but I read a book by Pastor Bisi Adewale "Before you say I do" and he said the groom's name should come first cause its the man that is getting married to the woman and not the other way round and a friend of mine that recently got married followed suit. I don't really like the groom's name first maybe because I'm used to bride's name first.

I see
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Rukkydelta(f): 10:10pm On May 27, 2017
refiner:
Pheeeew!...when i saw the wedding invitation @ topic...never bothered to read d rest...just clicked on it...thinking toks is about to get married....so we can now rest!
You can get married to him
You guys will make a perfect couple smiley
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by tosyne2much(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2017
Either way, I don't care, in as much as it's not her father's name that comes first
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
Either way, I don't care, in as much as it's not her father's name that comes first

Lol!
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2017
Lalasticlala biko let's see more response from the ladies.
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by tosyne2much(m): 7:30pm On May 28, 2017
Toks2008:

Lol!
Egbon Toks, why ladies come hate you so much like this?.. Make dem never see your thread ni, na anger cheesy cheesy

Seems you need to be mean with the TRUTH before dem give you name wey your parents no give you cheesy
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Proudlyblack(f): 7:34pm On May 28, 2017
whose name comes first does not matter to me what matters is if my hubby to be is my better half and completes me
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 7:37pm On May 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
Egbon Toks, why ladies come hate you so much like this?.. Make dem never see your thread ni, na anger cheesy cheesy

Seems you need to be mean with the TRUTH before dem give you name wey your parents no give you cheesy

Lol! as if I care....let them curse and rant all they can...only the immature nairaland ladies find my deep write ups anoying but the mature ones and those who are intelligent will understand my dogged objectivity.

But what always baffle me is that there is always a cliche of ladies who find my threads very irresistible but would rather rant than make meaningful contributions.

My brother biko leave matter for mathias.
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 7:38pm On May 28, 2017
Proudlyblack:
whose name comes first does not matter to me
what matters is if my hubby to be is my better half and completes me

Hmmmm! easier said I guess.
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 28, 2017
Omo see question
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Kingxway: 10:04pm On May 28, 2017
grin
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by adaksbullet: 11:09pm On May 28, 2017
Op his stat his relationship talks again

While we u be given us relationship adviseses and u are still remained single and still live whit ur dady and momy on the age off 47

Bus op, quit nl and face ur live men! angry
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 28, 2017
His.. Mine.. None of that matters... As long as we are happy
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by Toks2008(m): 9:49pm On May 29, 2017
glowryhaa:
His.. Mine.. None of that matters... As long as we are happy

Hmmmm! I wonder how many ladies will truly agree to this...all of you saying no wahala will be like "honey but that is not the way it is naw"
Re: Wedding Invitation;Why does the bride's name come first? by tosyne2much(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2017
Toks2008:

Hmmmm! I wonder how many ladies will truly agree to this...all of you saying no wahala will be like "honey but that is not the way it is naw"
Try ask Lalasticlalaa his view on this matter cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Finished / 27 Years And Above! Enter Here, Ladies Only!!!!!! / Nigerian Lady Calls Out Talent Manager Who Allegedly Recorded Her During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.