Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,882 members, 7,838,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers (11120 Views)

3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results / How Best To Pray And Receive Answer From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by MrMontella(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2017
prayers don't work.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2017
There are some comments you shouldn't bother to reply.... Please save your breath

bigtt76:
God will not answer such prayer just to satisfy you He's there and capable. He only answers prayers according to your needs and not wants.

If God sees that giving you 20 million naira would cause you more harm than good, he will not give to you. This is where Satan comes in to play. Mind you God will not prevent Satan from having his way at you because you yourself allowed it by asking to satisfy a want. That is why you can get 20 million naira today and it disappears without a trace of any tangible thing you've done with it.

God will answer your need for 20 million naira if your having it will glorify His name in your life and others.

Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2017
I am looking for scot-free
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2017
Where are you.....

For the salvation of your soul brother

Hence the answer

Do you have another question for God Almighty?? Scott??

ScotFree:
Mmm....i tire. Even the OP doesn't know how to receive. I bet you he doubts everything he wrote here. But the pursuit of frontpage is too strong. One day one of your try your luck topics will stick..and when that day comes, you can then truly say you have received.

Better go and work hard and smart!!
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by KAYD007(m): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2017
I don't pray! Well I use to be very fervent in prayers. .but now it's so weird to even start. God is just distantly there,does his own thing....oh well me? * in strong purto rican accent* do ma own thing too.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by oneape: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2017
bigtt76:
God will not answer such prayer just to satisfy you He's there and capable. He only answers prayers according to your needs and not wants.

If God sees that giving you 20 million naira would cause you more harm than good, he will not give to you. This is where Satan comes in to play. Mind you God will not prevent Satan from having his way at you because you yourself allowed it by asking to satisfy a want. That is why you can get 20 million naira today and it disappears without a trace of any tangible thing you've done with it.

God will answer your need for 20 million naira if your having it will glorify His name in your life and others.

what a myopic mindset!

by saying this you are conflicting God's word!

asking is not a form of player but Faith.

player and faith are two different thing mind ya! he said anything and by faith and yee shall receive.

the thing with ya Christian is that ya like to deliberately put ya self to captivity.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2017
I am praying for you dear.... Don't lose hope

KAYD007:
I don't pray! Well I use to be very fervent in prayers. .but now it's so weird to even start. God is just distantly there,does his own thing....oh well me? * in strong purto rican accent* do ma own thing too.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2017
Can you quote where you are referring?? So that we could study together

Christ Jesus said if you abide in me and my words remain in you..... Then you shall ask anything you will​and it will be done for you

oneape:
what a myopic mindset!

player and faith are two different thing mind ya! he said anything and by faith and yee shall receive.

the thing with ya Christian is that ya like to deliberately put ya self to captivity.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by oneape: 11:09am On Jul 02, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Can you quote where you are referring?? So that we could study together

Christ Jesus said if you abide in me and my words remain in you..... Then you shall ask anything you will​and it will be done for you

Matthew 7:7-11 ESV / 169 helpful votes
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

James 4:3 ESV / 149 helpful votes
You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

don't know which kind of Bible you are reading but my didn't mentioned doing God's work or abide before asking.

mind ya into James 4:3 you don't go and be asking God to kill someone or curse someone, that kind of asking won't be answer by God at least but ya neighborhood devil
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by bigtt76(f): 11:12am On Jul 02, 2017
Are you saying if I have faith I don't need to work all I need to do is ask God for 20 million naira everyday and my faith would move Him to send it down?

Haba! That means no faith in our churches naaa ah. A bit why would churches launch developmental appeal funds to build churches? Don't they have faith to ask God for a Church to his glory and the next day they wake up to one already built and furnished to their taste?

Tomorrow someone would come up with a bible verse against laziness and there you are saying ask anything in faith and you will get it.

We're just deceiving ourselves by understanding the Bible wrongly.

oneape:
what a myopic mindset!

Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by oneape: 11:19am On Jul 02, 2017
bigtt76:
Are you saying if I have faith I don't need to work all I need to do is ask God for 20 million naira everyday and my faith would move Him to send it down?

Haba! That means no faith in our churches naaa ah. A bit why would churches launch developmental appeal funds to build churches? Don't they have faith to ask God for a Church to his glory and the next day they wake up to one already built and furnished to their taste?

Tomorrow someone would come up with a bible verse against laziness and there you are saying ask anything in faith and you will get it.

you are always misunderstanding things!

faith without work is what?

go back to your previous statement about 20million.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by oneape: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2017
bigtt76:

when Jesus said if you have faith as small as a mustard seed you can move a mountain! doesn't it sound ridiculous to you? why would any human want to move a Mountain with a sane mind?

faith is all about principle of agreement and understanding.

we Nigerians don't even know the true meaning of work! work doesn't literally means you should be hustling about like a cow.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2017
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me. 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abided in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

oneape:
Matthew 7:7-11 ESV / 169 helpful votes
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

James 4:3 ESV / 149 helpful votes
You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

don't know which kind of Bible you are reading but my didn't mentioned doing God's work or abide before asking.

mind ya into James 4:3 you don't go and be asking God to kill someone or curse someone, that kind of asking won't be answer by God at least but ya neighborhood devil
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2017
I am looking for Scott
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by bigtt76(f): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2017
You're the one confusing things here.

You said asking is not prayer! How do you ask God for something if not through prayer?

Now you're saying "faith without work is what?.... " Yet the same you said ask God for anything by faith and you will get it.

The problem we face in Christianity is the quoting of scriptures without reference to the full text or the context in which the scripture came to be.

You don't jump into the middle of a conversation and use what you heard or read to support your point.

Just like the passage that said "ask and you shall receive"... anyone without the proper understanding would say... OK faith is not mentioned so I can always ask and will receive but can you ask your father for favor when you're not on speaking terms? No.

So faith alone does not answer prayers. Faith gives you the courage to ask and if God sees your heart is in dire need you get a response.

oneape:

Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 02, 2017
lightblazingnow:
New baby welcome to Nairaland... . Try and write just one post or copy and paste from anyone

https://www.nairaland.com/3774251/how-could-claim-know-god

https://www.nairaland.com/3738406/why-president-buhari-never-die

All in home page...... Gladly written by us

You just got registered June

GRAND PA, I hear you.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Lightblazingnow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by bigtt76(f): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2017
I pray... define the type of work you're referring to.

In physics, moving from one point to the other or anything that expends energy is regarded as work.

Maybe it means going to all church meetings and crusades but not doing anything that brings about financial benefits.

When they say "work and pray" what do they mean? Don't mind me ooo I'm a learner ya but pls answer.

oneape:

when Jesus said if you have faith as small as a mustard seed you can move a mountain! doesn't it sound ridiculous to you? why would any human want to move a Mountain with a sane mind?

faith is all about principle of agreement and understanding.

we Nigerians don't even know the true meaning of work! work doesn't literally means you should be hustling about like a cow.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2017
Alright..... Answer

ScotFree:

GRAND PA, I hear you.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 11:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Stop the hate and believe brother Scott

ScotFree:
Lightblazingnow
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by Loonyy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
weedtheweeds:
But how could men who are in the flesh transfer from planet earth to heavenly Jerusalem.... Where in the Bible does it record that men would be transferred to heavenly Jerusalem through prayers? There is no record of anyone visiting heavenly Jerusalem through prayers. You do not transfer to any other realm to speak to God. Jesus never taught that and no one taught you that in the Bible. Be very careful! It is silly to say that you are in the spiritual realm and communicating to God. We are humans and we can never be in any spiritual realm. Jesus encouraged us to pray to God (not to transfer to any realm prior to) and not to doubt at all when we pray. He asked us to pour out our hearts and God will answer us (Matthew 6:6). Prayers are like messages we send to God. When you send a message via your phone, do you send yourself along with the message? Your thoughts are conveyed in your message and that is how we communicate with God.
Matthew 7:21 says that only those DOING the will of the father is qualified for what he has in store. Praying without the intention of doing the will of God is a waste of time. God searches the heart (Proverbs 16:2) and not the lips.

Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and have translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.. This is a spiritual fact and must be taken very seriously if you want to attain to the level of spiritual understanding... Your human spirit is right there in the kingdom of his dear son Christ Jesus.... There you are right now. He has lifted you up together with CHRIST and got you seated together with CHRIST in the heavenly places in Zion... Spiritual facts.. You must be very careful about what you say. How can our human spirit be right there in the kingdom of God?? Do you know for a fact what you call spiritual facts? where in Ephesians chapter does it say that our HUMAN SPIRIT...in Zion??
What the heresy is going on here? Where did you get this information? Do not add and do not remove from the Bible. Be careful and correct those heretic statements.

@ lightblazingnow

Ask for spiritual understanding so that you could begin to grasp what I am sharing with you.... We do not ask for spiritual understanding to grasp what you share and you have no spiritual qualification to teach the Bible because you are heretically making statements that make you sin against the spirit of God. We need spiritual understanding to understand the holy scriptures and not what you share. Be careful!!!
Nailed it. after one sermon from op pastor this is what we get. the fact still remains I have never seen a set of confused fellows except for my so called Christians God help us all

1 Like

Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
I ask for greater understanding lord God Almighty the father our lord Christ Jesus

Father you lifted us together with CHRIST JESUS and seated us together with him in heavenly places

We are desirous of heavenly things and have our conversations in heavens​

Because you have brought us to Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God Almighty

Thank you lord God Almighty

Amen
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by itsloba: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
God answers our prayer if what we ask for is in accordance with His will and not in the sweetness or persuasive nature of our words in prayer
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
I plead with you to believe and stop the doubt

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, have the Almighty God quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 2:6 And have raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Hebrews 12:22 But you are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

This part is for the doubting Thomas's

12:25 See that you refuse not him that speaking. For if they escaped not who refused him that spoke on earth, how much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that's​ speaking from heaven:

Colossians 3:1 If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ's sitting on the right hand of God. 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3:3 For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God Almighty.

3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory.

Amen
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thanks much Christ Jesus
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by jayymysterio: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
lightblazingnow:
There are some comments you shouldn't bother to reply.... Please save your breath

i swear brother, e tire me... embarassed
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Grace of our our lord Christ Jesus
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Grace is sufficient for you
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by obisco4u: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Prayer is a total waste of time because what we call answers to prayers are either coincidences or are bound to happen anyway.

Prayer is just a way man tries to excuse himself from things that seem impossible, or rather difficult.

Why are prayers ineffective for terminal illnesses and incurable diseases even when the Bible clearly states that if we pray and believe, anything is possible?

The answers we seek via prayer can be solved by science and technology or by following simple natural principles.

Why do pastors still take their kids to the hospital?

Its because their child will die if they decide to wait for "God's will" and ignore immediate help from doctors.

Christianity and Prayer is just a big fat hoax that has survived for thousands of years.
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by obisco4u: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Why do I need to work towards my prayers as an act of faith and later give God credit when I get results?

It means that I can simply skip the prayer part, work towards my goal and still get results.

Why do white people make great discoveries without paying?

It's simple. When faced with a difficult task such as traveling to a far distance by air, they don't go on their kneels and ask God to make them fly or give them wings, no, they make scientific inquiry and cone up with technological breakthroughs like the aeroplane which our pastors now fancy.

But when a gullible Christian is faced with such problems, they start speaking in tongues and sowing seeds of faith, and guess what... No wings.!
Re: How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers by lightblazingnow(m): 2:55am On Jul 03, 2017
Thank you lord God Almighty and CHRIST JESUS

I am so grateful and thankful

For your watchful eyes

Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Says The Bible Does Not Say Anything About Tattoos False / Hailing God In Yoruba Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.