Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (40509 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 / Bishop Oyedepo: A Lady From Switzerland Offered To Pay Me To Pray For Her / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by HigherEd: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2018
Bishop Oyedepo:"We've had A Member Who Flies In From Germany For Sunday Services"

At time 40:00 to 41:00 Bishop Oyedepo talking to Graduates of Covenant University talked about the importance of Impact. He explained that without impact there was no way church members would leave Lagos where many other churches(which are very good) existed to come all the way to Ota where Canaanland is located. He cited an example of an individual who comes to worship at Canaanland all the way from Germany for Sunday service. According to the Bishop the individual flies in on Sunday morning and flies back at Sunday evening to start work on Monday(The Individual presumably owns a Private Jet)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=2495s&v=XmjDMRNjkQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmjDMRNjkQs

9 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Jaguntemmy(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2018
THANK GOD HE SAID HAD. THEAT MEANS HE DIED OF JETLAG AND OTHER FORMS OF STRESS. HALLELUJAH

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by HigherEd: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2018
Jaguntemmy:
THANK GOD HE SAID HAD. THEAT MEANS HE DIED OF JETLAG AND OTHER FORMS OF STRESS. HALLELUJAH
Tueh sule there are many reasons he could have used "had"
1) Member no longer resides in Germany or member probably now stays in naija
2) Winners Chapel now translates sermons on the internet and Domi radio- which I believe can be assessed anywhere in the world.
3) Member now worships with another Ministry now.
4)Winners now has 40 churches in Germany
5) Oyedepo probably wasn't paying so much attention on the tenses he was using. It is a Sermon not a Speech reading and ministers sometimes interchange words like 'Had' for 'have' or 'take' for 'took'

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by superhumanist(m): 11:21am On Mar 15, 2018
Lol

A sensible pastor would tell the member to stop jetting like that because it is a waste of money and also harmful for the environment.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by HigherEd: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2018
superhumanist:
Lol

A sensible pastor would tell the member to stop jetting like that because it is a waste of money and also harmful for the environment.

Amazingly, Christianity is a "senseless" faith led by senseless people in submission to a Senseless Savior. God forbid on Christ return that all He meets is a sensible church... No! For we walk by Faith and not by SIGHT.

There is nothing sensible about Peter lunging out on that sea with the intention to walk on water.

There is nothing sensible about Abraham believing his wife could give birth at such an advanced age.

There is nothing sensible about Oyedepo engaging in a one year fast which resulted to nose bleeding but yet still continued...

There is nothing sensible about a Missionary leaving the good life of Europe and crashing out at sea or dying of malaria. Yet more senseless ones kept coming even hearing others had perished!

I am a SENSELESS Christian and I am Proud of my Senselessness.

So you see man if you want to make any meaning of the Christian life you had better be senseless.

171 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Pennywise(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
Oyedepo and his usual nonsense talk.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by naijjaman(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
ok
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by chloedogie(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
Jaguntemmy:

If you know the definition of wealth, your mode of talking will change man. What if I told you that a son of a former minister here in this Abuja used to fly weekends to watch Arsenal FC play for like 2-3 years and come back the same day on a private jet. This is not a news it is what I know. If he sleeps over, he must have gone clubbing(which he prefers to do in Nigeria). He must come back after the match. And they are telling you another person flew Germany to Nigeria for sunday services you are making noise. I met with a Nigerian sometimes ago at The Potter's House in Dallas( Bishop TD Jakes Church ) who used to attend Sunday services flying Nig to Houston every weekend. I pray your story changes one day amen.

TD Jakes said, one of the things he discovered about rich people is that when they sit to discuss business and deals, they argue, slam the desk and curse each other but when it is 12.00 clock mid-day, one will look at another and say ''James, it is 12 let us go for lunch''. Just after hot words and everything they move on. He said big people don't think small. But the small people just look for unproductive arguments and debates. May God liberate us all.

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Olamyyde(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
Why couldn't he watch the sermons live in Germany? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by simonlee(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
I am a proud winner... but i must confess that his travels are not all necessary at all. But still, the worshiper might have his reasons that make the trip worth it. so, who am i to say otherwise?

Its my new dawn era!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by CuteMadridista: 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
I smell lies or half truths

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
Check out the signature in blue below and click/call to contact us.

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Lilimax(f): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
Na the person money dey speak sha.
BTW, I know of my church member that flew in from P/H to Lagos every Sunday for church service smiley
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
It's no big deal. Back then in secondary school, i used to fly from Germany to Nigeria everyday to attend classes

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Toks2008(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
HigherEd:

Amazingly, Christianity is a "senseless" faith led by senseless people in submission to a Senseless Savior. God forbid on Christ return that all He meets is a sensible church...

SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by femu(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
So what do we do with this information?

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by simonlee(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
Jaguntemmy:
Please email me your address... angry

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by siraj1402(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
So what is he really passing to them?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by KKKWHITE(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
No bible living church in Germany

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Lilimax(f): 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
HigherEd:

Amazingly, Christianity is a "senseless" faith led by senseless people in submission to a Senseless Savior. God forbid on Christ return that all He meets is a sensible church...

Repeat after me: Every power, tormenting my life DIE in Jesus name. Amen.
You're delivered bro.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by easybussiness: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
sound untrue
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
HigherEd:

Please let me know ur religion are so we can start from there.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Sijo01(f): 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
HigherEd:

People like you normally end up lonely, depressed and Frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by KKKWHITE(m): 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
or is it not the same bible the pastor will preach from
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
His mental state needs to be checked.

Certain he is not mentally stable or Bishop is telling a lie

Co a one Daddy once said he drove from Ibadan to Lagos on empty fuel tank grin

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by SyberKate(f): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
This talk inspires NOTHING

Oh wait, it does

It inspires wasting of resources, jetting up and down when we live in a world of video conferencing and live stream.

It inspires selfishness, as long as I go and receive the word, I'm okay. Why not get the jet full with other people like your wife, children or even strangers that may want to hear the word but not opportuned

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Houseofglam7(f): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
undecided
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by rose54321: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
Mehn I can understand, when you need the anointing or you have a particular dire need no amount is too much to expend.

May we all have sound health oh

Here's what I don't get with Nairaland. If the post is about another religion, we can't comment unless we pledge allegiance but our own religion they will be spewing trash like Adamus.

Anyways we are liberal sha, and aren't swayed with mere ignoramus comments.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: "Buhari And Osinbajo Would Have Problem" / Man "Cured" Of HIV By Pastor Alph Lakau, Dies After Failing To Take His Drugs / I Started Masturbating At 4 After Seeing My Mum Go Unclad - Man Tells Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.