Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story (26428 Views)

Sick Lady In Rivers State Almost Died On The Road Over Lockdown (Video) / COVID-19: Why The Kano Index Case Must Go To Jail-- The Moving Story / Man Who Took Tramadol Overdose Faints, Friends Pour Him Water (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by paradigmshift(m): 7:47pm On May 29, 2017
megaphantom:
you obviously lack empathy, you'd never understand....don't insult I'm
understand what my guy get out
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Dongreat(m): 8:30pm On May 29, 2017
Sexina851:

I don't get the "reward pathway ' pls

The reward pathway consist of about 4 different types but opioids is connected to the mesolimbic pathway (another discussion of neuroscience). Basically it has to do with the release of the neurotransmitters "DOPAMINE" from the ventral tagmental area (VTA) into the nucleus accumbens (NA). TraMadol when taken is released from the bloodstream and pass the blood brain barrier into the brain where it binds to the opioid receptor (MU receptor), causing a release of inhibitory GABA neurotransmitter which is picked up by another pre synaptic neurons that cause the release of dopamine. Opiate slow the MU receptor causing pain relief and dopamine release is responsible for the euphoria i.e. happy feelings.
But dopamine is short acting and it's re-uptake back into neurons. This lead to a relapse of the happy feelings. So inorder to cause more happy feelings, you take more opiate, and more and more until you desensitized the pathway.
The feelings you get from good food (cake, jollof rice), likes from selfie, passing an exam and of course sex is caused by the release of dopamine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by timilehin007(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2017
Sexina851:

Av seen much of it benefits than harm too though
I just enjoy u wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Originalsly: 10:11pm On May 29, 2017
VickyRotex:

I want to digress a bit.
Can you please shed more light on the highlighted? How's weed effective? What health benefit does it offer to the body, to the extent of having it replace prescriptive, which is a killer itself? (Maybe It's a Rhetorical question, but I sincerely wanna know and wanna clarify things I've read about it)
Except it's a different weed we're talking about here.

I'm asking because even here, the govt is about to legalize it. And I cant imagine what kind of role it'll play in the society, except to make people fumble. (Pardon me, that's just the way I feel about it) I always wonder why would someone decide to take something that will knock them out of this world? You mentioned it's not addictive, why cant people do without it?

PS: Never taken it. Dont know what it feels like or it's health benefit. But I see how people who take it act, and I've seen an innocent person get high just by inhaling a passerby's weed.
First off... I'm not in the medical field period... nor really done research on weed. But,... I've been around it a lot... saw quite a few documentaries on it.... and learned a lot from the streets. Even here I'm learning some details from Greatdon!
Weed has many health benefits...more effective than prescription drugs. E.g... glaucoma. ... weed reduces the pressure in the eye. The drugs prescribed to do the same are based on the composition of weed... basically... synthetic weed... but it is not as effective as weed. From observation.... people who smoke hard usually have smaller eyeballs.... weed reducing the pressure thereby making them smaller. It is very effective in preventing one from vomiting. .. you will never see someone using weed vomit and I'll stop at opening one's appetite. After smoking. .. a weed head can eat a whole cow. .ask them. .they're up in here! Why that happens...I don't know... see Greatdon! One group that really pushed for the legalization of weed are the people suffering from ehmmm....don't recall the name.. some muscle/bone disease... very painful. The drugs help but the side effects are just as bad. They found weed as effective but minus the side effects. The thing is.... the weed being given out as medical marijuana has been modified to not contain THC. Thus is not as effective as natural weed.
On being addicted...weed is not. If someone is addicted it is because that weed is adulterated with some other drug...an addictive drug. Why?...to hold customers. Eg... if we both selling natural weed... customer A can buy from either one of us.. same high. Should I sprinkle crack cocaine in my weed. .. the high he would get... is no way he would be buying from you again... your weed can't do wonders for him like mine. Depending on the additive... the weed head would react accordingly...some become paranoid... some become violent... some just lose their minds but a pure weed smoker would just be sitting smiling/laughing or eating.
Like anything else... if abused... then it must have some kind of negative effective...but nowhere as bad nor life endangering as hard drugs or opiates.
Phew!...rolling paper?..anybody?!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Sexina851(f): 11:35pm On May 29, 2017
Dongreat:

The reward pathway consist of about 4 different types but opioids is connected to the mesolimbic pathway (another discussion of neuroscience). Basically it has to do with the release of the neurotransmitters "DOPAMINE" from the ventral tagmental area (VTA) into the nucleus accumbens (NA). TraMadol when taken is released from the bloodstream and pass the blood brain barrier into the brain where it binds to the opioid receptor (MU receptor), causing a release of inhibitory GABA neurotransmitter which is picked up by another pre synaptic neurons that cause the release of dopamine. Opiate slow the MU receptor causing pain relief and dopamine release is responsible for the euphoria i.e. happy feelings.
But dopamine is short acting and it's re-uptake back into neurons. This lead to a relapse of the happy feelings. So inorder to cause more happy feelings, you take more opiate, and more and more until you desensitized the pathway.
The feelings you get from good food (cake, jollof rice), likes from selfie, passing an exam and of course sex is caused by the release of dopamine.

Okay.. But at times tm causes one to vomit, can u enlighten me on that aspect?
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Dongreat(m): 11:46pm On May 29, 2017
Sexina851:

Okay.. But at times tm causes one to vomit, can u enlighten me on that aspect?

Most drugs causes nausea. I am not too sure about the mechanism yet but it has to do with the arachnoids, prostaglandins which is found on all cells of the body. Usually formed from cleaved lipids from the plasma membrane. I think it's prostaglandins E2 that induces vomiting .
Common side effects of most drug as said earlier include nausea, tiredness and vomiting.

If you are using these opiate drugs and still using for a long time, please I suggest you stop and switch to NSAIDs such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Sexina851(f): 11:48pm On May 29, 2017
Dongreat:

Most drugs causes nausea. I am not too sure about the mechanism yet but it has to do with the arachnoids, prostaglandins which is found on all cells of the body. Usually formed from cleaved lipids from the plasma membrane. I think it's prostaglandins E2 that induces vomiting .
Common side effects of most drug as said earlier include nausea, tiredness and vomiting.

If you are using these opiate drugs and still using for a long time, please I suggest you stop and switch to NSAIDs such as aspirin or ibuprofen.

Aspirin is not a option at all
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Dongreat(m): 11:55pm On May 29, 2017
Sexina851:

Aspirin is not a option at all

Why if I may ask and why do you take tramadol?
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by VickyRotex(f): 2:02am On May 30, 2017
Originalsly:
First off... I'm not in the medical field period... nor really done research on weed. But,... I've been around it a lot... saw quite a few documentaries on it.... and learned a lot from the streets. Even here I'm learning some details from Greatdon!
Weed has many health benefits...more effective than prescription drugs. E.g... glaucoma. ... weed reduces the pressure in the eye. The drugs prescribed to do the same are based on the composition of weed... basically... synthetic weed... but it is not as effective as weed. From observation.... people who smoke hard usually have smaller eyeballs.... weed reducing the pressure thereby making them smaller. It is very effective in preventing one from vomiting. .. you will never see someone using weed vomit and I'll stop at opening one's appetite. After smoking. .. a weed head can eat a whole cow. .ask them. .they're up in here! Why that happens...I don't know... see Greatdon! One group that really pushed for the legalization of weed are the people suffering from ehmmm....don't recall the name.. some muscle/bone disease... very painful. The drugs help but the side effects are just as bad. They found weed as effective but minus the side effects. The thing is.... the weed being given out as medical marijuana has been modified to not contain THC. Thus is not as effective as natural weed.
On being addicted...weed is not. If someone is addicted it is because that weed is adulterated with some other drug...an addictive drug. Why?...to hold customers. Eg... if we both selling natural weed... customer A can buy from either one of us.. same high. Should I sprinkle crack cocaine in my weed. .. the high he would get... is no way he would be buying from you again... your weed can't do wonders for him like mine. Depending on the additive... the weed head would react accordingly...some become paranoid... some become violent... some just lose their minds but a pure weed smoker would just be sitting smiling/laughing or eating.
Like anything else... if abused... then it must have some kind of negative effective...but nowhere as bad nor life endangering as hard drugs or opiates.

lol. grin

Wow! Never knew there's "synthetic weed". It also prevents from vomiting. Interesting! Learnt a couple of things from your explanation. I'll begin to look out for the "eyeballs" feature. lol. Is the disease, Fibromyalgia or Osteoporosis? Just like you said, as much as it offers some benefits, its got its side effects too.

I've seen all these different reactions highlighted. That's why I keep wondering why people do that to themselves. lol.
Thanks for the explanation! Learnt something!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Sexina851(f): 8:08am On May 30, 2017
Dongreat:

Why if I may ask and why do you take tramadol?
I react to it.
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Dongreat(m): 8:10am On May 30, 2017
Sexina851:

I react to it.

Ok. Ibuprofen or neurofen or paracetamol should do.
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by megaphantom(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2017
Sexina851:

I don't get the "reward pathway ' pls
yo sweetness, this niqqa right here is sentimental....tho he is right about you needing more and more amount of the drug as your body "develops tolerance" . so you cannot overdose on 1000mg of tramadol hydrochloride if your body has developed a tolerance to 1500.....tho these are very high doses and may, only when mixed with other opiods, benzodiazepines, and worse alcohol...be not so good
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by megaphantom(m): 4:57pm On May 30, 2017
Originalsly:
your right, absolutely, weed makes you wanna eat. its called muntches....thc the main compound in weed traps a chemical called leptin, leptin usually lets your brain know when your stomach is full, so without leptin, you could eat a cow like you said.....
Plus weed is a gateway drug, gateway in the sense that it leads you into using other drugs,at some point you won't be feeling the weed as you used to and you'd wanna try some thing else...ma real niqqas out there would confirm that whenever your on , a nice high, from a pill or codeine, smoking weed along side amplifies the high....if you don't get high you'd never understand
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by megaphantom(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2017
Dongreat:

I wish there were more people like you in this country...I love this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by megaphantom(m): 5:12pm On May 30, 2017
paradigmshift:

understand what my guy get out
excuze me? You obviously are a low life cos of your lack of manners/ usually I wouldn't quote you, jus had to let you know...life is wayy deeper than you know
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Originalsly: 5:29pm On May 30, 2017
megaphantom:
your right, absolutely, weed makes you wanna eat. its called muntches....thc the main compound in weed traps a chemical called leptin, leptin usually lets your brain know when your stomach is full, so without leptin, you could eat a cow like you said.....
Plus weed is a gateway drug, gateway in the sense that it leads you into using other drugs,at some point you won't be feeling the weed as you used to and you'd wanna try some thing else...ma real niqqas out there would confirm that whenever your on , a nice high, from a pill or codeine, smoking weed along side amplifies the high....if you don't get high you'd never understand
Hmmm...see?...I know the headlines only!...you guys know the details!...learned something!
With being gateway drug...not sure about that. Know ones that been burning weed only for yearsss. I'm guessing if weed is mixed with coke... you'll eventually shift to coke to get that high...but not before trying others to find that high you be chasing. So I guess in a sense yes...cause if you didn't use the weed coke or whatever drug couldn't be introduced to your system.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by megaphantom(m): 5:35pm On May 30, 2017
chimaobinelson:

tnk u dear. i do knw abt it, js wana school d dude
you a real niqqa, you didnt take the other shii I said personal/ some fake ass niqaas would turn it into a battle
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by paradigmshift(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2017
megaphantom:
excuze me? You obviously are a low life cos of your lack of manners/ usually I wouldn't quote you, jus had to let you know...life is wayy deeper than you know

see kettle calling pot black. low life indeed.
my guy gerarahere.
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by paradigmshift(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
martineverest:
oya gimme ur contact

I give you contact n no reply. your own hard o
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by martineverest(m): 7:20pm On May 30, 2017
paradigmshift:

I give you contact n no reply. your own hard o
abeg no vex....been busy
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Sexina851(f): 7:51pm On May 30, 2017
megaphantom:
yo sweetness, this niqqa right here is sentimental....tho he is right about you needing more and more amount of the drug as your body "develops tolerance" . so you cannot overdose on 1000mg of tramadol hydrochloride if your body has developed a tolerance to 1500.....tho these are very high doses and may, only when mixed with other opiods, benzodiazepines, and worse alcohol...be not so good

So it's still possible to over dose on 1500mg?
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by paradigmshift(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2017
martineverest:
abeg no vex....been busy

oya write me for whatsapp or email me
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by martineverest(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2017
paradigmshift:

oya write me for whatsapp or email me
ok....will do dat in next ten minutes
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by megaphantom(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2017
Sexina851:

So it's still possible to over dose on 1500mg?
yea sure, if your tolerance is below that
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by Sexina851(f): 1:23pm On May 31, 2017
megaphantom:
yea sure, if your tolerance is below that

I swear I can't believe it, that is is a free ticket to heaven
Re: Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story by megaphantom(m): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2017
Sexina851:

I swear I can't believe it, that is is a free ticket to heaven
in some type of way yea, heaven, 400mg in someone with little or no tolerance is enough to trigger seizures. ...1500, couldn't be any worse right love? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export / Some Facts About In-Vitro-fertilization (IVF) / Doctor Ikenna Ihim Gives Palliatives To Imo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.