Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,321 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths (323 Views)

Consider Your Patients Before Embarking On Strike, Obasanjo Tells Doctors / Wait For God To Decide Next Ogun Governor, - Obasanjo Tells Amosun / Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring -obasanjo To Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths by bbbabes(f): 7:39am On May 29, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, on Sunday, appealed to Nigerian youths to desist from wishing their past leaders, including him dead, as the youths still need their mentoring and advise‎. Obasanjo made the appeal when he spoke during the Youth Governance Dialogue organized by the Youth Development Centre arm of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library(OOPL), Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital‎.

"Don’t wish us dead, don’t wish us to disappear because you will need us. You need us mentors and advisers to mentor and prepare you for the future. You need our experience and assistance of some of us to guide you through life. You should not lose hope, you should not feel frustrated. Whenever I go, they always ask me what is my fear about Nigeria and Africa. And I said my greatest fear is youth anger, frustrations and youth explosion which have no bound.

We have the Boko haram in the north, the MASSOB and IPOB in the South East, the militants in the Niger Delta and the Oodua Peoples Congress in the Southwest. All of these are expression of anger and frustrations. We have what it takes to be great as a nation and we can’t transform this country without the youths. My greatest hope in this country is also the youth. You the youth should work to help yourselves. You must be ready to pay the price for what you stand for,”he said.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-a4KQpAzIg4g/WSuw0mNcMfI/AAAAAAAMg7I/snNeP3TI6BA__8rznzBKKV9XwCs39fEIwCLcB/s400/2.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/05/dont-wish-us-dead-you-still-need-our.html

lalasticlala
Re: Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths by bbbabes(f): 7:40am On May 29, 2017
Re: Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths by Airforce1(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2017
Mentoring on how to loot public funds and get away with it I guess.. grin
Re: Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths by Sunexy(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2017
When criminals advises us, we might become criminals
grin
Re: Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths by Angelben10(m): 7:41am On May 29, 2017
mentoring on how to take Ghana must go to NASS or mentoring on how to remain in power by all means........... please shift lemme go to the front and faint
Re: Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths by Mynd44: 7:47am On May 29, 2017
Re: Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring- Obasanjo Tells Nigerian Youths by Mynd44: 7:48am On May 29, 2017

(1)

Why Igbos Should Boycott Anambra 2017 Guber. Election. / Nurse Has Pleaded Guilty To Eight Counts Of First-degree Murder / V.p. Osinbajo Is No Saint,consolidating For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.