Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Protest Letter To Queen Elizabeth Returning His Nighthood By Dr Akanu Ibiam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Letter To Queen Elizabeth Returning His Nighthood By Dr Akanu Ibiam (373 Views)

Chris Ngige Shows Off His Dance Skills At Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu (video) / Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land / Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Rehabilitation Of Akanu Ibiam Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Protest Letter To Queen Elizabeth Returning His Nighthood By Dr Akanu Ibiam by ozoneboy(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2017
Your Gracious Majesty,

I am deeply and humbly constrained to present you with this letter.

During the months of May, July, August, and September, 1966, Northern Nigerian soldiers and civilians planned and committed the most atrocious crimes against Eastern Nigerians - now citizens of the Republic of Biafra. Sadistically, brutally and in cold blood, they murdered and slaughtered thousands of my brothers and sisters who were then living in Northern Nigeria and other parts of the former and defunct Federal Republic of Nigeria. They killed innocent children, helpless women, and defenseless men without any reason or rhyme. They entered churches and hospitals and slaughtered them in cold blood. And most unbelievably yet only too true, they massacred women in actual LABOUR and their unborn children. They plundered, looted, assaulted and raped women and burnt down the homes of Easterners and left them penniless...

In the succeeding months, the Hausa/Fulani controlled Lagos Government of Nigeria purposely, directly, and inexorably forced Eastern Nigeria out of the Federation, and our Military Governor with advice and consent of our Consultative Assembly had no other choice but to declare Eastern Nigeria a free, independent and sovereign state to be known as the Republic of Biafra. This happy and historical occasion took place on May 30. On July 6th, Nigeria attacked Biafra in her mad wish to force Biafra to return to the Nigerian federation. Having killed 30,000 of us in their land and seized our property worth millions of pound sterling, they have now come to kill more of us in our own homes and make the rest of us slaves to the Hausa/Fulani Feudalists and Moslems.

The people of Biafra are, therefore, fighting a war of LIBERATION AND SURVIVAL. We adamantly refuse to be colonised by the Hausa/Fulanis of Northern Nigeria or any other people in the world. Moreover it is an ardent desire of the Hausa/Fulani and Moslem Northern Nigeria to subjugate Biafra and kill Christianity in our country.

It is simply staggering for a Christian country like Britain to help a Moslem country militarily to crush another Christian country like Biafra. This is just too much for me, Your Gracious Majesty, this act of unfriendliness and treachery by the British Government towards the people of Republic of Biafra who, as Eastern Nigerians, had so much regard for Britain and British people.

In the circumstance, Your Majesty, I no longer wish to wear the garb of the British Knighthood. British fairplay, British justice, and the Englishman's word of honour which Biafra loved so much and cherished have become meaningless to Biafrans in general and to me in particular. Christian Britain has shamelessly let down Christian Biafra.

I love the Republic of Biafra very dearly and pray that, by grace of God, she may remain and continue to grow and live and always act like a truly Christian country for all times.

I am, Your Majesty

Yours Most Respectfully,

(AKANU IBIAM)

Copied from
Julius Gathogo1

Research Institute for Theology and Religion, university of South Africa. jgathogom@yahoo.com / jumgathogo@gmail.com
Re: Protest Letter To Queen Elizabeth Returning His Nighthood By Dr Akanu Ibiam by NwaAmaikpe: 11:59am On May 29, 2017
Nice one.

Igbos are always brave,
It did not start today.
Re: Protest Letter To Queen Elizabeth Returning His Nighthood By Dr Akanu Ibiam by FieryJustice(m): 12:11pm On May 29, 2017
hmm

(1) (Reply)

The Dictatorial Tendencies Of Umahi. / Corruption Fighting Back - Northern Threat To Igbo / Awada Community Cries Out Over High Electricity Bills By EDDC (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.