Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo (78436 Views)

Application To Own Houses In Akwa Ibom FG Housing Scheme Opens / CBN Reveals How Nigerians Can Own A New Home, Pay Within 25 Years / Natanelflorens Plans 250,000-unit Rent-to-own Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Honesty007(m): 11:15pm On May 29, 2017
"I believe it can be possible" it is because Nigeria is so worse now that a little good can overthrow evil
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Ten06(m): 11:15pm On May 29, 2017
He meant 30k on monthly basis installmentally for some years
TheFreeOne:
Some lies are too glaring to be believed.

Maybe he's been quoted out of context cos 30k for a house? even if dangote donates free cement, free roofing sheets from Nigerite and frogeye relinquish some of those fraudulently acquired lands I cant see it happening except the government builds and sell for 30k which is still totally impossible.

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 11:15pm On May 29, 2017
Jackossky:
I was surprised when I saw it too

I was baffled on how come houses can be bought with 30k and I haven't buy for three

ayindejimmy:

Please, read carefully,. It's a mortgage scheme

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Lobolintin(m): 11:16pm On May 29, 2017
Don't go to Borno and say you have started...

Come to Lagos ...once I can own a house for 30k in Lagos then er have arrived

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by enemyofprogress: 11:16pm On May 29, 2017
DLuciano:
chei! Osinbajo, remember you a pastor o!
must you quote the whole thread before you comment?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 29, 2017
Biadoyo:
why the impatience in trying to understand what prof osinbajo has said? we jump into conclusion without comprehending first the intent of his words.. he said you can own a house if you can afford 30k which I believe could be an accumulated amount over a period of time targeted at an agreed price for such house depending on the size. let us learn to trust our leaders to an extend and not allow our hatred or inability to reason in line affect the way we see our leaders.
just an advice
Maybe you analyse that for us to understand, because from i read we have to pay 20% of the total sum while the housing scheme team pays the remaing 80%.
I got confuse there he mention that if you have #30,000 then you can own a house. So my question to hou is if 30k is the 20%, then how much is the remaining 80% and Total amount is how much, can that amount build a house?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 29, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Some lies are too glaring to be believed.

Maybe he's been quoted out of context cos 30k for a house? even if dangote donates free cement, free roofing sheets from Nigerite and frogeye relinquish some of those fraudulently acquired lands I cant see it happening except the government builds and sell for 30k which is still totally impossible.

He never said that you can buy a house outright for N30k.

This is a cheap mortgage scheme and it can work BUT .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by adontcare(f): 11:19pm On May 29, 2017
See lie! shocked
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 29, 2017
Ten06:
He meant 30k on monthly basis installmentally for some years
Quote were you read that from the write up,
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

If you guys don't have information on something keep quiet

In my state the project is going on

About 1000 houses are been built in a certain location

Just that it's for civil servants alone

Get your facts rights before talking nonsense

Most of you here are just plain stupid

The person on ftc says something everybody follows in that thinking

I'd bet if they ask you guys the meaning of mortgage you won't be able to provide an answer

Dullardinhos

See finishing! shocked Nairalanders oooo! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 29, 2017
EgunMogaji:

He never said that you can buy a house outright for N30k.

This is a cheap mortgage scheme and it can work BUT .....
Maybe you analyse that for us to understand, because from i read we have to pay 20% of the total sum while the housing scheme team pays the remaing 80%.
I got confuse there he mention that if you have #30,000 then you can own a house So my question to hou is if 30k is the 20%, then how much is the remaining 80% and Total amount is how much, can that amount build a house?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by IhateAfonjas(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2017
omooba969:

If you have the required deposit & you are credit worthy, you stand a chance. You must have a steady income as well.

Lastly, your mortgage lender seals the deal.

Now, if you agree with the above - you must be an empty head & a surprising fvcker!

If your position is different or you have anything to add to the above, you are welcome.

By the way, where do you reside? If 9ja, you shouldn't be allowed on this thread cos it's too much of a concept to digest for your likes. cool

Look at this boy telling me what mortgage is

SMH

We're on Nairaland where everybody claims to be something

Well, let me put it to you like this, in real life, we shouldn't be talking

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 29, 2017
omoluabiguy:
Haaa!!! Osinbajo even you too?? shocked shocked shocked omo No more person for naija! I give up!

You have killed me with laff cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by veraiyke(m): 11:22pm On May 29, 2017
Mr acting VP, so how can I own a house with 30k? Speaking gibberish
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 11:23pm On May 29, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Look at this boy telling me what mortgage is

SMH

We're on Nairaland where everybody claims to be something

Yet No credible ANSWER. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by stevecantrell: 11:25pm On May 29, 2017
jerryunit48:
Believe this at your own peril

Newest Ponzi in town..
I know it's a mortgage scheme but where are the housing units ?

Already in existence or still at off-plan stage ?

Sounds dodgy...lol !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by IhateAfonjas(m): 11:27pm On May 29, 2017
omooba969:

Yet No credible ANSWER. grin

I don't need to give you an answer

The only answer i would give you is

Closing fees, Down payment, HOA, foreclosure

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by TheFreeOne: 11:27pm On May 29, 2017
SmartyPants:

Problem is most of you lack basic comprehension really.

"The same fund will enable us to provide inexpensive mortgages for hundreds of thousands across the country who want to own homes."

Or you don't know how mortgages work?

emorse:

You obviously missed this part.

You guys do not understand my point.

How many of such 'federal govt mortgages' ever worked successfully? Haven't you heard of one of such estate developers who messed up some civil servants in Abuja despite their equity contributions?

I hope it worked but it doesn't sound feasible to me in a country where our main foreign exchange earner (oil) price is dwindling and change of government means no continuity of policies and what guarantee do we have that 100b yearly contribution won't be abandoned by incoming govt.
How many civil servants of the lower cadre can afford to spare 30k considering present cost of living?

Shebi this same government is proposing using pension funds for capital projects whilst some pensioners are dying of hunger cos they couldn't get their pensions on time.

Policies that'll drive down cost of owning houses will be better than these white elephants projects that'll further impoverish the people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Herhmjay(m): 11:29pm On May 29, 2017
jerryunit48:
Believe this at your own peril

Yes, action speaks louder than words

Yeye polikTRICKians
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 29, 2017
chisco82:

I got confuse there he mention that if you have #30,000 then you can own a house So my question to hou is if 30k is the 20%, then how much is the remaining 80% and Total amount is how much, can that amount build a house?

The 80/20 is between the government and developers, not the consumers.

It's a mortgage and the entry is N30k

I admit that the press release was not well explained but this is a good move.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 11:30pm On May 29, 2017
liricaliblunt:
So many people lack comprehension skill like this. This scheme is basically a mortgage plan, with initial deposit of 30k while the rest payment is spread over a given period of time

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by pablobellins(m): 11:31pm On May 29, 2017
you don see wawah

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 11:32pm On May 29, 2017
We know how to jump inside political success without working for it.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 11:33pm On May 29, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

I don't need to give you an answer

The only answer i would give you is

Closing fees, Down payment, HOA, foreclosure

You wanna be wrong & strong, grin MBA NU - recipe for disaster. cheesy

When you & your ilks are caught by the balls, this happens -

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Tinolee(m): 11:34pm On May 29, 2017
[b]Osibanjo said with 30k u will own a House! What he was saying is that if u can afford to pay 30k monthly for an apartment the federal government will mortgage the house to you until u finish paying the value of the house!
APC is working for the Betterment of this country Nigeria!

1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by IhateAfonjas(m): 11:35pm On May 29, 2017
omooba969:

You wanna be wrong & strong, grin MBA NU - recipe for disaster. cheesy

When you & your ilks are caught by the balls, this happens -

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by IhateAfonjas(m): 11:36pm On May 29, 2017
Tinolee:
[b]Osibanjo said with 30k u will own a House! What he was saying is that if u can afford to pay 30k monthly for an apartment the federal government will mortgage the house to you until u finish paying the value of the house!
APC is working for the Betterment of this country Nigeria!

I will slap the taste out of your mouth

APC is working for the betterment of your failed brain

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by dingbang(m): 11:37pm On May 29, 2017
Osinbade why
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 11:38pm On May 29, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Why not go and buy all the Houses at 30k each and sell it to us at 60 million naira each

You are still showcasing your folly/mediocrity. SMH cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by bangging(m): 11:39pm On May 29, 2017
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by IhateAfonjas(m): 11:42pm On May 29, 2017
omooba969:

You are still showcasing your folly/mediocrity. SMH cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? / Behold, The Controversial Most Expensive Building In Abuja / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.