Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. (2859 Views)

Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Have Failed Politically / Senate Presidency: Igbos Have Themselves To Blame For Voting Atiku— APC / Nigerians Is Disappointed By Buhari For Not Fulfilled His 2015 Promises – Osunto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by Oksman(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

[b]You believe in your own hype.
Third class citizens?. Yes, we want far better than we currently have, but sorry we are nowhere third class. It is an impossibility for an average igbo citizen to be third class in this country.
Our leaders may have been schemed out of power, but the igbo citizens are at the top level of every progressive aspect or sector of Nigeria.
Compare the average igbo citizen to the average fulani citizen, and the gap is a wide as the ocean in favour of the igbo citizen.
The igbo nation trumps the fulani in every socio-economic indices. We may not have a dangote, but we have far less group poverty and near insurmountable literacy gap.
When we talk of talk of third class citizen, learn to be specific. The average fulani citizen in the north is at the lowest echelon of Nigerian citizenship.
As true as your points may be in terms of how it has affected the igbo potential, i can't see any real example in other ethnic groups of their own outstanding success.
The north has a central leadership but that has resulted in the feudal system that has impoverished the vast majority. You have docile citizens in the north, but it has resulted in the growth of extreme backwardness because progress does not flow well with extreme docility.
Yes, we need to reform, but not in your way. [/b]

This is too much now. Haba! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by Lloydfather(m): 11:21am On May 31, 2017
That Reno omokiri doesn't sound igbotic but ur assertion some how sound like u be one of us.

Are u Igbo Reno?
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:29am On May 31, 2017
Mynd44:
Reno just lumped every Igbo person together and thinks he makes sense.

Just shutup, I am igbo and yes he spoke to me.. I don't need your opinion in defence knowing your bigoted views on Igbo issues..

At some point in a man's life he need to pause and listen and Igbos are beginning to listen so don't distract us when reasonable and rational people advice us.

Reno's views are welcomed by reasonable Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by madridguy(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2017
Good observation.
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by megbu: 12:32pm On May 31, 2017
[quote author=fulanmafia post=57048701]

Doesn't change the fact that what you celebrate as strengths are actually what has made you 3rd class citizens in Nigeria, meaning you have failed to re-adapt your weaknesses.

Arrogance instead of Humility.
Impertinence instead of Diplomacy.
Pugnacity instead of Docility.
Lack of central leadership.
[/quote
You came from a feudal culture, we from a republican one. Our third class status only exist in your arrogant imagination. The average Igbo man on the street feels like a king. We have achieved individual success and now crave for a group success. The movement is on and pan Igbo consciousness is on the rise. We know our destination. We know why we aren't pulling our weight in the political arena. We are using the only tool that gnaw at the heart of everyone of us. Our rallying point. Please stop distracting us.
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by vantage001: 12:36pm On May 31, 2017
fulanmafia:

All of this yet you scream of marginalization at every turn? Yet you have the lowest chances in the civil service, military and political space? Yet you wield the weakest national influence among the big 3? What's more third class than that?

I'm not intending to make this about d1ck-measurement (your obvious pastime) but the fact remains that the Hausa/Fulani is ahead of your kin in commerce (Dangote, BUA, Dantata et al.), Aviation (Kabo, Chanchangi, Azman, Med-view et al), Political and Military dominance. If that is not success, tell me what is.

The undeniable fact is that your supposed strengths (which are actual weaknesses as Reno outlined) are what have subjugated you to the lowest rungs in national affairs and reduced you to the lowest echelon of Nigerian citizenship.
[b]We scream marginalization because our numbers in the top echelons is mitigated by skewed and unmerited appointments by backward northern godfathers.
It dosen't mean we are not there, it means we are not progressing as fast as we should due to nepotism. We are everywhere and we got there on merit.
You mention igbo marginalization in army, navy or whatever, but that is not exclusive to the south-east. The military is dominated undeservingly if i may add by the north at the expense of the entire south. Infact there are probably more igbos in the military than the rest of the south or atleast one of the most represented. The past immediate COAS was an igbo man, but it dosen't take away the fact that we are under-represented in the military just like the rest of the south. The fact that we are the only ones with the sense and the voice to speak doesn't mean we have no presence in the top echelons.
Infact, the only place where you can say there is no igbo presence is the presidency. We have not gotten the presidency and i agree with on that as a form of marginalization, and also the fact that the fact the SE gets very little from the Nigerian state.
But that has only proven our genius to survive in harshest conditions.
You say you don't want to chest-beat and you are busy listing crappy airlines as achievements. I was expecting you to tell me your northern life-expectancy, or literacy rate, or poverty rate that is better than the average igbo man or igboland to justify your first class status.
I can as well start listing multi-national companies owned by various educated igbo men and women in virtually every sector of the economy.
If you are first class, then i really can't see it because It has not really helped you much. The north is poorer than the rest of Nigeria.
And the only unfortunate reason why you dominate our polity is because the south is filled with saboteurs and chameleons.
[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by realhumanity: 12:45pm On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

[b]We scream marginalization because our numbers in the top echelons is mitigated by skewed and unmerited appointments by backward northern godfathers.
It dosen't mean we are not there, it means we are not progressing as fast as we should due to nepotism. We are everywhere and we got there on merit.
You mention igbo marginalization in army, navy or whatever, but that is not exclusive to the south-east. The military is dominated undeservingly if i may add by the north at the expense of the entire south. Infact there are probably more igbos in the military than the rest of the south or atleast one of the most represented. The past immediate COAS was an igbo man, but it dosen't take away the fact that we are under-represented in the military just like the rest of the south. The fact that we are the only ones with the sense and the voice to speak doesn't mean we have no presence in the top echelons.
Infact, the only place where you can say there is no igbo presence is the presidency. We have not gotten the presidency and i agree with on that as a form of marginalization, and also the fact that the fact the SE gets very little from the Nigerian state.
You say you don't want to chest-beat and you are busy listing crappy airlines as achievements. I was expecting you to tell me your northern life-expectancy, or literacy rate, or poverty rate that is better than the average igbo man or igboland to justify your first class status.
I can as well start listing multi-national companies owned by various educated igbo men and women in virtually every sector of the economy.
If you are first class, then i really can't see it because It has not really helped you much. The north is poorer than the rest of Nigeria.
And the only unfortunate reason why you dominate our polity is because the south is filled with saboteurs and chameleons.
[/b]

The airlines he mentioned are equivalent to ekene dili chukwu and young shall grow. The businessmen he mentioned are the ones who used man know man in govt to gain wealth.

Since Usman Dan fodio defeated them, they have remained underdeveloped with the sense of perpetual poverty ravaging their brains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by backtosender: 12:45pm On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

[/b]
Telling amajiris their status in one Nigeria really hurts them but the truth hurts.......do u no they have abandoned amajiri schools Jonathan built all over the north and went back begging for food in the street?

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by vantage001: 12:48pm On May 31, 2017
backtosender:
Telling amajiris their status in one Nigeria really hurts them but the truth hurts.......do u no they have abandoned amajiri schools Jonathan built all over the north and went back begging for food in the street?
And they claim to be first class citizens. cheesy
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by backtosender: 12:50pm On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

And they claim to be first class citizens. cheesy
I wonder who is deceiving them
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by fulanmafia: 12:51pm On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

[/b]

We are marginalized because....
We don't have the Presidency because...
We're not first class because...
You're dominant because...

Excuses are for failures Mr. Man.

Make amends where necessary as prescribed by Reno and countless others & see how quickly your collective fortunes will change.
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by paramakina202: 12:55pm On May 31, 2017
This Reno has suddenly turned to Igbo expert that he dishes out all kind of advise and opinion about Igbos everyday.

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by fulanmafia: 12:59pm On May 31, 2017
backtosender:

See this one begging for freedom daily talking about status cheesy

When Kano and Kaduna's IGR alone is more than your 5 unproductive barren red-mud states COMBINED?

Parasitic freedom begging third-class world developers feeling funky...the jokes now write themselves on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by vantage001: 1:02pm On May 31, 2017
fulanmafia:

We are marginalized because....
We don't have the Presidency because...
We're not first class because...
You're dominant because...

Excuses are for failures Mr. Man.

Make amends where necessary as prescribed by Reno and countless others & see how quickly your collective fortunes will change.
You have been beaten.
We don't have the presidency but we are one of the most progressive parts of Nigeria. Progress and first class status is not how many presidents you produce, but the quality of life your citizens live. That is how the rest of the world see progress.
The average igbo man lives much better life than the average northerner. That is what matters. I don't give two hoots about corrupt elites who are less than 0.2%. You can't even properly eradicate polio.
We know our faults though. Thank you. But i think you will find that you have more serious problems in your own people to amend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by generaldavo: 1:04pm On May 31, 2017
Of course you are wrong.... When you ain't GOD.
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 1:06pm On May 31, 2017
fulanmafia:
Doesn't change the fact that what you celebrate as strengths are actually what has made you 3rd class citizens in Nigeria, meaning you have failed to re-adapt your weaknesses.

Arrogance instead of Humility.
Impertinence instead of Diplomacy.
Pugnacity instead of Docility.
Lack of central leadership.

Chimo!! See finishing....this is too much. shocked No, scratch that. Eewo! It is three much! sad

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by vantage001: 1:08pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Chimo!! See finishing....this is too much. shocked No, scratch that. Eewo! It is three much! sad
wetin afonja know? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by Gracebae(f): 1:11pm On May 31, 2017
TECHNINE:
Reno should go fcck himself. This writeup was borne out of his new hatred for igbo. Check his post on Facebook about Igbos being marginalized, he wasn't too happy that some Igbos didn't lick his balls like FFK and Fayose. In the comment section he swore to never write in support of Igbos again. He should fcvk off already

you right, i followed it that day...anyways whats ma business.it doesnt take the greatness of the igbos.
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 1:11pm On May 31, 2017
vantage001:
wetin afonja know? cheesy

Ehn? Where is the Afonja? shocked Are you referring to yourself? I actually thought you were Igbo, but now you are beginning to sing another tune....

Alright, o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

You believe in your own hype.
Third class citizens?. Yes, we want far better than we currently have, but sorry we are nowhere third class. It is an impossibility for an average igbo citizen to be third class in this country.
Our leaders may have been schemed out of power, but the igbo citizens are at the top level of every progressive aspect or sector of Nigeria.
Compare the average igbo citizen to the average fulani citizen, and the gap is a wide as the ocean in favour of the igbo citizen.
The igbo nation trumps the fulani in every socio-economic indices. We may not have a dangote, but we have far less group poverty and near insurmountable literacy gap.
When we talk of talk of third class citizen, learn to be specific. The average fulani citizen in the north is at the lowest echelon of Nigerian citizenship.
As true as your points may be in terms of how it has affected the igbo potential, i can't see any real example in other ethnic groups of their own outstanding success.
The north has a central leadership but that has resulted in the feudal system that has impoverished the vast majority. You have docile citizens in the north, but it has resulted in the growth of extreme backwardness because progress does not flow well with extreme docility.
Yes, we need to reform, but not in your way.

I have not seen a better constructed argument pertaining to the Ibo situation and Nigeria here on NL.
Great reply.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 1:36pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:
Who told you that the war was not necessary? Over 50,000 Igbos slaughtered in the North, over 300 Igbo officers murdered, the Aburi agreement broken. If it were you, what more will happen before you stand up.and say enough is enough?

So if you believe the war was necessary, why do you keep lamenting that your region lost 3 million people during the same war? sad Did that war right all the wrongs that your people had faced, prior to that time?

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by Gracebae(f): 1:49pm On May 31, 2017
maybe this will help to understand the igbos better.

i also think it is as a result of their experience in Nigeria. having the feeling that their neighbours hate or envy them dealt alot to their psychology and made the always feeling insecured. hence, they are usually reactional and emotional about issues...My opinion

2 Likes

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by fulanmafia: 2:02pm On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

You have been beaten.
We don't have the presidency but we are one of the most progressive parts of Nigeria. Progress and first class status is not how many presidents you produce, but the quality of life your citizens live. That is how the rest of the world see progress.
The average igbo man lives much better life than the average northerner. That is what matters.

I can see a life of begging for freedom daily, baby factory enterprise, screaming marginalization, getting gunned down and hung by the dozen (domestically and globally for your world developing exploits) is the original Japan Quality life you're living grin.

You're full of jokes; I'm busy dealing with your fellow chestbeaters over here if you care to join us; I'm too busy for this joke of a discourse with my freedom-begging 1st class compatriot wink

https://www.nairaland.com/3831653/fg-why-restructuring-wont-work/2#57055665
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by kingzizzy: 2:02pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

So if you believe the war was necessary, why do you keep lamenting that your region lost 3 million people during the same war? sad Did that war right all the wrongs that your people had faced, prior to that time?

50 years on, you still have a country as disunited as the day the war started, so what was the point?

We should go our separate ways without firing a gunshot, as we should have done 50 years ago, thereby saving millions of lives

1 Like

Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 2:12pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:
50 years on, you still have a country as disunited as the day the war started, so what was the point?

We should go our separate ways without firing a gunshot, as we should have done 50 years ago, thereby saving millions of lives

You are just digressing. Go back and answer my previous question. Stop beating around the bush. sad
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by Ngokafor(f): 2:33pm On May 31, 2017
..Big ups to you @vantage001..your analysis were on point
Re: 4 Crucial Reasons Why Igbos Have Not Fulfilled Their Destiny - Reno Omokri. by megbu: 5:52pm On May 31, 2017
@Vantage001 you just finished schooling the illiterate almajiri and he ran to another thread to avoid you. Well done.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South South Is Not Biafra / SE Governors Are Treacherous, Criminally Insensitive and Slaves - Charles Ogbu / DJ Fayose: Ekiti State Governor Turns DJ In A Club in Ekiti. Check Out The Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.