Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu (6567 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Quit Now"nwoso Tells Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by woye77: 12:15am On Jan 18, 2010
AUstin Jay Jay Okocha was Nwankwo Kanu’s teammate in the Eagles. He handed the National team captain band to the lanky Portsmouth player whose profile is respected globally.

NwankwoOkocha is currently in Angola as a member of the Presidential Task Force.He bared his mind on Kanu who captains the Eagles from the bench.

“I think his time is up. I think that he has done wonderfully well for the country but right now, he is finding it pretty difficult to be fast on the field. Once you can’t move your body well in any sport you should know what to do. You must respond to the message your body is sending. That is what Kanu has to do now. He should quit honourably.”
Kanu made no impact when he came in as substitute for Mikel Obi in the match against Egypt.

“He has made up his mind that he would quit but he told me that he just wants to hang on till the World Cup and retire after the World Cup. World Cup is his motivating factor but I think that his body is saying that may be pretty difficult,” Okocha said here in Angola as Nigeria prepared to play Benin Republic yesterday.

His Task Force, led by governor Rotimi Amaechi, got close to football federation and the national team during the World Cup qualifying matches. It dawned on them that the Eagles lacked the quality they needed to qualify for the World Cup and do well at the finals. They pulled resources and forces to ensure Nigeria qualified for the World Cup but knew that the team needed tremendous help from the bench. To them and the majority of Nigerians, the technical crew, lacked the capacity to make Eagles a winning team. They moved to hire a coach but the football federation resisted.

Federation President, Sani Lulu said that they would swim or sink with Amodu. That didn’t make sense to Nigerians especially as the team continued to prove to Nigerians that their standard fell short of expectations. After rallying on outside forces to qualify for the World Cup, they started their Angola Nations Cup campaign with a sad 3-1 defeat in the hands of Egypt.

“Win or lose the game against Benin Republic, I think that at this moment we have to be decisive on assisting the team with a capable coach,”sports minister and chairman of the National Sports Commission, Sani Ndanusa said Friday.
After watching the way they blew their early lead to fall to Egypt Ndanusa was convinced that the team would fail at the World Cup if nothing was done. He has lent support to Governor Amaechi who, from the beginning, campaigned for a foreign coach. Now, feelers have it that the Vice President has also approved the move to hire a foreign coach.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/16/quit-now-okocha-urges-kanu/comment-page-1/

Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by semid4lyfe(m): 1:24am On Jan 18, 2010
Now where is that dimwit called dr kitaun who thinks Kanu is still relevant in the Super Eagles?
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by semid4lyfe(m): 1:24am On Jan 18, 2010
Now where is that dimwit called dr kitaun who thinks Kanu is still relevant in the Super Eagles?
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by blackasia: 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
the problem is the stupid slowpoke retard fool called leaders, bringing in there bad blood into football, now our players are like zoombies on the field. am telling u, our villge team can beat this chicken eagle
everything is so mess,ed up
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by blackasia: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
all the malam mugu, go back to your cattle and cow rearing and leave our football, now i say quit now.blackasia urges u
in brazil if u dont know anything about football u dare not come near, but in nigeria is allowed
yeye govt plus yeye NFF plus yeye eagle equals to yeye outing in ACN
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by bisiaet: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
I think he(Kanu) should just quit for good he has done his part and I respect him a lot for that.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Youngichou(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
Okocha spoke some reasonable words but he shouldn't use that kind of term does he think every body is an unlucky crap like him

1 Like

Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Ojumiii(m): 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
Its full time plus added time 4 legend Kanu.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by snowdrops(m): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
There is no credible replacement were he to quit now. Besides the technical crew and football management have lost their moral authority altogether.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by idifu(m): 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
jay is rite he should quit, he is already a legend, he  should just take a bow now
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Utaroz(m): 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
Youngichou:

Okocha spoke some reasonable words but he shouldn't use that kind of term does he think every body is an unlucky crap like him

Now, what exactly do you mean by calling Jay Jay those names? undecided
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by marocguy(m): 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu shud be left alone till after d world cup. After dat,he shud got 4 coachn jobs maybe with any of d national teams. He has been under a lot of great coaches and has learnt a lot as d most exposd naija player. Infact we can even make him national team coach after his retirement. He will make a gud one. .
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by oge4real(f): 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu, a word is enough for the wise.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by tonjoan: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
If only Kanu would read this. I personally Idolize him first for his unwavering patriotism and  then for the the artistry he added to the soccer. This sadi, he should know the curtain is fast falling on him and should quit now before some mass of the respect he's earned fast elude him. Perhaps he might be looking at the likes of Seedorf, Beckham, Inzaghi, Campbell, Henry and a few who are in same football age bracket as him but he should know his body strenght has waned drastically and his legs cant carry him anymore.
[size=8pt][size=8pt]When your body cant take your your intelligence in a physically involving endeavour it is a call for a quit[/size][/size]
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by adeniyi334: 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2010
They guy still has a lot to offer Nigerians. Go on PAPILO
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by otukpo(f): 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Okocha is right.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by bandely(m): 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Utaroz:

Now, what exactly do you mean by calling Jay Jay those names? undecided
You know what he is talking about.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by blapo(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2010
Okocha should go and sit down where was he when Nigerians were crying for just moral support from him.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Youngichou(m): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
I shouldn't tell you what i mean. Bolton wanderes to quatar and so many unlucky events
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Utaroz(m): 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^ Even those cannot not earn him the title of Crap ^^

undecided
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by oluclem(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
Good advice at the right time, Kanu is and hero and a legend. I think it's time for him to quit.

Youngichou:

Mumu, where did you come from sef? Don't u respect elder in your village.
Wetin you don do for Nigeria
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by faithnnaj: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2010
He should mind his own business now.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Youngichou(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
You are fool oluclean i still say it you yoruba's are always idiotic fools.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Youngichou(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
You are fool oluclean i still say it you yoruba's are always idiotic fools. And incase you wanna know am from delta state
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by oluclem(m): 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2010
Youngichou:

You are slowpoke oluclean i still say it you yoruba's are always idiotic fools. And incase you wanna know am from delta state

Now I know who you are. It's only a fool that abuse a race, anyway, I won't blame you, It was the fault of those militant that took you on hostage. since you return you have been finding it difficult to think straight
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by galatico(m): 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu should retire honourably or might be forced to retire, a word is enough for the wise!!!
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by princekevo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2010
Federation President, Sani Lulu said that they would swim or sink with Amodu. That didn’t make sense to Nigerians especially as the team continued to prove to Nigerians that their standard fell short of expectations. After rallying on outside forces to qualify for the World Cup, they started their Angola Nations Cup campaign with a sad 3-1 defeat in the hands of Egypt.

Exactly the kinda words we should expect from a man who was supposed to be in the bush rearing cattles, instead of heading a football federation.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by crazo(m): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2010
i also fnk its high tym 4 papilo 2 hang his boots
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by vislabraye(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu should retire fullstop. He should know that he is due for retirement.

JJ is telling him the truth. May be he's talking base on Kanu's real age, it might be that they are of the sam age group
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by BankyC1: 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2010

Abeg do u knew anything abt football?if u don't,thenshut ur trap!at least Okocha was smart enuff 2 retire wen d applause was high,Kanu should do d same b4 he disgraces himself in d name of 'super eagles angry'.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by crazo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2010
banky c abeg no kil us ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ha ha c as u jst blow heavy grammar.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by AYOANU: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
PAPILO -- THE PEAK ADVERT IS THE BEST FOR U NOW

U GAT TO RETIRE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free 2.0 Odd Match Daily / NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Bayelsa United (2 - 0) On 14th March, 2015 / Neymar Is A Sex Addict - Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.