Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu (6575 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Quit Now"nwoso Tells Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by swezenberg(m): 1:15am On Jan 20, 2010
We need to move with the tide. Football has changed. It is not the kind of football played in 2004 and 2006 that is being played now. I don't see the morale Kanu is adding. Fine he has won us all the medals we could ever hope for but he needs to leave honorably. Mandela left honourably, George Weah, the list goes on. I would not want him to leave at a time people will start insulting him. Let him just quit now. If those guys feel the need him as a morale booster then they should start thinking of playing for Yemen. We need serious minded players. The leaders can not be sick and we are here parading sick football team. Soccer is what most Nigerians read nowadays and I don't think we should allow this govt to take that away from us.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 20, 2010
Kanu must play for the SE now and in SA.

Jay Jay, if he really said this, must be a complete idiot.

Just because he retired PREMATURELY from the national team doesn't mean Kanu isn't fit to play.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by stevemike1: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2010
Okocha should leave Papilo, if he has any reservations concerning Papilo stay in football, he should talk to him one on one, rather than telling the world. People with shallow mind that loves Papilo might start detesting him because of Okocha statement.

Please leave Papilo alone, and do not give me the slight perception that you are envious of Papilo because of his achievements, which Okocha never smell.

Please all Papilo fans let us give him three gbosa for his achievements and reighn in football.

Long live Papilo, long live Kanu long live the highest achieved african player of our time.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by puffpuff: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2010
A good brotherly advice
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Eggyloo: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
There is need to look at the ''substance'' of Okocha's stmt rather than the ''form''. Just two days ago, before I even read this article, I was discussing whether it was essential for Kanu to always be included in the National Team. I would say it isnt because he just cant handle the pace like before in as much as he is a skillful player.

Someone had to step-out from the center stage for the likes of Kanu, Okocha, Oliseh, Amokachi, Rashidi Yekini to improve. It would be noble for Kanu himself to take the initiative and step-down so that NFF would be pushed to the wall in searching and developing young talents. In the game of football there is no ''I'', it is a team effort. There should be proper cordination amongst every player in a team for them to excel. The earlier this is realised, the better it would be for the U-23 team in displaying professional football.

Thanks.

N.B:- I love that Papillo advert, I even re-mixed it for my neighbour.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by suxes2005(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2010
Sure,

I agree with eggyloo,
let Kanu go and rest and let
Nff search for other talented youngsters,

SHALOM
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Moranike: 9:59am On Jan 21, 2010
I don't think dat NL is a forum for abuse of tribe, i wonder why OLUCLEM & YOUNGICHOU shuld be abusing themselves instead of discusiing the issue at hand. This shuld stop.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Tcrack(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2010
I honestly think Kanu is still relevant because his presence alone is a moral boster for the younger less exposed players.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Kabikala(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Tcrack:
So, in line with your suggestion, Kanu could be appointed as the official morale booster of the team rather than fill the space that could be occupied by a budding talent who has been denied a chance because Kanu is forcing himself to go to the 2010 world cup when in actual fact he adds no real value to the Super Eagles or to Portsmouth.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by skyone(m): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2010
Old age is highly fatal in Football; there's high tendency that one can collapse and pass away through heart attack etc therefore it's adviseable for Kanu to give up football now.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by akwafresh2(m): 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2010
It's amazing how dumb people on this forum can be, okocha is the best Nigerian player ever, okocha has carried Nigeria more than kanu has, as a matter of fact okocha was to Nigeria what zidane was to France, So its about time people stop insulting a true legend. Kanu may have had a lucrative club career but that's not the topic at hand, we are talking about the national team. Kanu is at least 40 years old and even people here in England mock him that he is too old and should retire. jay jay should come out of retirement cos mikel is shit at that position,
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Badex10(m): 5:01am On Nov 15, 2013
FACT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Current Wwe Matches In Hd To Ur Phone / See What Happened In Merrybet Shop / Neymar Is A Sex Addict - Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.