Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu (6576 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Quit Now"nwoso Tells Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by slap1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2010
The problem is not Kanu but the clowns that put him there and the coach. Afterall he still plays for Portsmouth though his fitness has declined.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by GNBohr: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu, oh Dear Nwakwo. I know you want to play but power and strength no dey again.

Well, am not blaming Kanu for wanting to play till June 2010, the problem is about our planlessness. When we dont have any succession planning in our football, then we are condemned to see Kanu in the eyes of year 2000.

Tell me who has replaced the following players in the Super Eagles without being unnecessary sentimental. Who amongst the present crop of players have the skill, passion and commitment of the following players:

Peter Rufai, aka Dodo Mayana
Stephen Keshi
Austin Eguavon
Chidi Nwanu
Uche Okechukwu
Benedict Iroha
Friday Elaho
Sunday Oliseh
Austin Okocha
Finidi George
Emmanuel Amuneke
Samson Siasia
Daniel Amokachi
Rashidi Yekini
Kanu Nwakwo
Victor Ikpeba

I want you people to tell me our present playing pattern and tactics.

Is it right to replace Okocha with Mikel Obi, Is Osaze effective and efficient at the wing, is he replacing Finidi George. Is it Sanni Kaita or Dickson Etuhu or Seyi Olofijana that replaces Sunday Oliseh.

Is Yobo player enough to step in the booth of Stephen Keshi or Chidi Nwanu. Can you say Taye Taiwo is our new Ben Iroha.

Who does the job of Amokachi or Siasia in our present Eagles. One can go on and on. If you are sentimentally detached enough you would realise why out eagles can not fly with the present composition.

I am not saying the players are totally bad, but some radical changes to pattern and position of play would create a deadly Eagles. In all the matches that we have played in the last two years, how many times have direct thorough passes have gone to our attackers to finish off. How many good crosses have come from the wing to the box for our attackers to deal with.

Have you ever wondered why your attackers have to go to the defence line or deep into the midfield to retrieve balls. When these happens who is at the other end to receive passes to get a goal.

Have you ever wondered why Yakubu Ayegbeni would look ordinary when he plays for the national team. Why cant Obinna Nsofor become our left winger and put Osaze in the position Siasia or Amokachi used to play. Why not keep Mikel to his traditional Chelsea role instead of making the young man look like a fool in the Okocha role.

Why not look for a replacement for Yobo who is fast becoming our own version of Rigobet Song. What is a player like Shittu doing in our defence, the guy is too heavy and unfit to do any positional marking if playing against skillful and fast attackers like Messi, Christiano or Torres, or even Eto'o.

We are in dream land with this present crop of Eagles. The technical crew is a big joke, the medical personnel is totally ill-equipped to determine an unfit player or he is heavily compromised.

Tell me why go to a tournament with unfit players while keeping the fit and younger ones at home. We need to go the way of Ghana. In the next two years, those younger players that faced Drogba will begin to rule Africa and do well in the World Football. Where would Nigeria be then.

Football wise, we are just plain unserious comedians.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by PurestBoy(m): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
okocha is a failure
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
there is nothing wrong with the present crop of super eagles except for faded players like kanu nwankwo, joseph yobo, ayinla and taiye taiwo,the other players are only playing the pattern dictated to them by shuaibu amodu.
the problem with our national team,is that we do not have a good technical and coaching crew.
tell me why yakubu aiyegbeni and mikel will always perform excellently for their clubs and will become strangers on the field of play when playing for the national team? its because amodu bundles them into positions which they are not naturally suited for.

Remove Amodu,remove sani lulu, overhaul NFF and our problems will be over.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by swezenberg(m): 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2010
Youngichou

Okocha spoke some reasonable words but he shouldn't use that kind of term does he think every body is an unlucky crap like him

I think you should just keep quiet. The Yoruba guy you are insulting even get sense pass you. The two people in questions are Easterners and he's saying you should not insult him (Okocha) and you are reciting tales by moonlight, Abi you still dey talk. Why can't you people remove tribalism from your ill-rotten brains. Go earn some respects as he told you.

Okocha gave that as a piece of advice and I know Kanu will reason in that line. They are both my Heroes any day. Best to have come out of these country
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Wrex(m): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
Na true.The guy don old.He should retire and the coach should be sacked
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Spyker: 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
How old is Kanu's official age because age falsification is the cause of his dwindling game. Kanu, please retire ooh before die for pitch.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Smi1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu should please hang hes boot !!! his time is up atleast he has done much for the nation and he's respect all over the world
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by juman(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu should quit after world cup.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by veraponpo(m): 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
@Youngichou: Why don't people like the truth.Austin Jayjay Okocha may not be as lucky as Kanu but even the blind can testify that Okocha was a better player than Kanu.He left the Nigerian Supper Eagles 2 years earlier than when he left the professional football.Now 4years after living Super Eagles the people that matter in football like John Fash,Olanipekun,Obaseki,Governors,ministers,etc want him to don our jersey again,all because he left when ovation was loudest.

People like Okocha should remain our heroes and we should not for any reason undermine their worth on our treads.Please learn how to respect elders. Who are u to call our sport idol,one of the Nigeran best 11(which Kanu could not make) an unlucky crap? Mind your speech.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by juman(m): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu should stay till after world cup
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by mamagee3(f): 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
Okocha wants kanu to retire because he has,
abeg let him go and mind his own business
. grin grin
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu Nwankwo's thread*
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by chriswu(m): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
Okocha spoke our mind. Kanu should retire and come back home to take care of his heart foundation. his help will be felt better at home.
They say its better to leave when the ovation is loudest,
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by darosha: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
guys pls grow up dis nt an avenue 2 insult ppls tribe,grammar or culture.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by woodboi(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2010
okocha get problem, the guy as made up is mind to quit after world cup in 6 months time and why is it that now he is coming out to kill the guy glory, kanu has never score he nations cup, i pray he add that to is cap and another world cup to cap wouldn't be a bad thing. he is not our main player but just there to ginger the boys in his own little way. so okocha should save is breath, so stingy like monkey that is why he played so well winning nothing.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by okunoba(m): 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2010
Kanu is the most decorated Nigerian football player ever, while Okocha won very little in his playing days. Okoch played with the National team 4 too long. He was captain when we failed to QL 4 the last WC while Kanu is the captain of the team that as QL 4 the coming WC. Any wonder y no serious title contenders in big European leagues never bothered to buy Okocha, unlike Kanu who played 4 title winning teams all over Europe. Okocha was a ball juggler while Kanu is a footballer. He might be slow and not so strong, but he his still a very clever footballer. Football brain wins trophies.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by shilling(f): 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
I don't think anyone disputes the fact that Kanu has been an awesome Super Eagle, but I agree with Okocha that it's time to let it go, although I don't think Okocha should have said that, it's a bit disrespectful. If Kanu doesn't want to quit, don't think it's anyone's business.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by spoilt(f): 12:37am On Jan 19, 2010
Is he calling Kanu old? grin
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:54am On Jan 19, 2010
Wanted to overlook the post, but just decided to say s'thing.
JJay should shut his mouth, because you where appointed a member of one local commitee doesn't mean u should try to advice/insult kanu.
Who is Okocha to advice Kanu? It's just like son advising a father to divorce his mother.
Mr jay 'Mechonu', go mind ur business. That's how you insulted Etim Esin. The guy just goes about behaving like a woman. angry
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by rasputinn(m): 4:01am On Jan 19, 2010
I don't think Kanu will heed Jay Jay's call to quit now,the allure of WOZA 2010 is too strong and besides,Kanu is DE TARRRRMIN grin grin
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by 9jafreak: 6:26am On Jan 19, 2010
[size=14pt]ROJA MILLER went to the World Cup as a Grandpa, STUP!D[/size]

WC is a befitting send-off for a true legend - King Kanu.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by dayokanu(m): 6:50am On Jan 19, 2010
Okocha should keep quiet. Kanu can quit whenever he chooses to
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by splashbaby(m): 9:01am On Jan 19, 2010
This silly thing called football is our major problem, Pls Nigerian can we stop this destraction for once and face the reall thing, It is no longer news that we've stopped enjoying our football since the time of Obasanjo. The country is totally sick and let's leave this Eagles to do their best whether they achieve success or not, You and I know what will be the out come of their soujourn in Angola, Okocha comments on Kanu is not a major problem but our sick Nation. Men pls leave this boyish talk and let us arrange to take up arms against every government institution in Nigeria, this way they take us serious, Let us start "mutallabing" all public functions this thieves called leaders go to and get this country back on its feet again, Fidel castro and Cher did same for Cuba, lets save Nigeria now, If you are for instant change contact me and lets start in earnest,
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by kshow1(m): 9:53am On Jan 19, 2010
splashbaby:

This silly thing called football is our major problem, Pls Nigerian can we stop this destraction for once and face the reall thing, It is no longer news that we've stopped enjoying our football since the time of Obasanjo. The country is totally sick and let's leave this Eagles to do their best whether they achieve success or not, You and I know what will be the out come of their soujourn in Angola, Okocha comments on Kanu is not a major problem but our sick Nation. Men pls leave this boyish talk and let us arrange to take up arms against every government institution in Nigeria, this way they take us serious, Let us start "mutallabing" all public functions this thieves called leaders go to and get this country back on its feet again, Fidel castro and Cher did same for Cuba, lets save Nigeria now, If you are for instant change contact me and lets start in earnest,

True talk, but ''WHO WILL BELL THE CAT''

@ TOPIC: Na today !!!!!!!!!!!!! His active days has been over since the last nations cup grin
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by slimes(m): 9:54am On Jan 19, 2010
We must not muddle up things here. Yakubu Aiyegbeni recently lamented that we have no replacement for Okocha. Kanu is not that old compared to the likes of Cafu who just retired or even the superstar David Beckham.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by onyeokwuak(f): 10:55am On Jan 19, 2010
Papilo an excellent, intelligent player anyday anytime even at old age.Come to think of it, how old do u think kanu is.Have u guys watched kanu recently in Portsmouth.When did the Okocha retire ?
For your information kanu is still as young as to play for Nigeria even in the nxt 10 years.The reason why mostof u think he should resign is because his Nigerian teammates have all resigned.Likes of Babayaro would have bn still playing.But what keeps kanu going is God,character and talent.If u have watched kanu recently,u will understand that he is a football magician.
All his club football career, kanu has spent more of it sitting on the bench.But when ever he comes in, the difference is there.His height is just the disadvantage.
I am not disputing the fact that he has added years, but its not yet his time to resign.
Give him sometime to play, u will c a more organised super eagles
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by splashbaby(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2010
@kshow1 , google Mutallab undies and how to make it, then use some little brain then you are ready to begin your own self help initiatives very simple, you've just bell the cat, start your own Mutallabing now!
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by Desdo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2010
I think Kanu's presence is still important to d team not just in playing in d pitch but also in boosting their morale.
Re: 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu by vislabraye(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
I don't think Okocha is being malicious as many people might think. They are both friends and he's just airing his honest opinion. Kanu has never been a fast or physical player when he was at is prime. Though an intelligent player, there's very little his intelligence can take him. Kanu will retire when his body tells him to and i'm sure he's listening to it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happened In Merrybet Shop / Download Current Wwe Matches In Hd To Ur Phone / Neymar Is A Sex Addict - Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.