Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,195 members, 7,860,282 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road (1185 Views)

See The List Of 32 Contractors Vying To Construct Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge / Jigawa Government To Construct 95 Mosques / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Axsetup: 3:56pm On May 31, 2017

The Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has granted permission to the Lagos State Government to embark upon a total reconstruction of the International Airport Road from Oshodi.

The construction of the road few months ago led to a friction between Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and his predecessor, Babatunde Fashola.

In a Press Statement signed on Wednesday by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Tunji Bello, the State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode who made the disclosure, commended the Acting President for his statesman like approach and for fast tracking the process.

“We are very appreciative of the good gesture of His Excellency, the Acting President for acceding to our request which is not only very timely but a very heartwarming one. Posterity will never forget this genuine developmental action”, Ambode said.

He also described the approval as a 50th birthday gift to the people of Lagos State, describing it a further demonstration of the determination of the present administration to ensure the effectiveness of the Executive Order on improving the Ease of Doing Business recently signed by the Acting President.

Ambode also gave kudos to President Muhammadu Buhari for providing the enabling environment to attract Foreign Direct Investment into the nation, adding that with the upgrading of the International Airport Road which is the gateway to the nation’s commercial nerve centre, the country will attract new investments.

The governor had in early March this year, raised concern about the present state of the Muritala Muhammed International Airport Road, describing it as a national disgrace that required immediate attention to salvage the nation’s image.

He stated then that the State presently has a design for the reconstruction of the road as well as the funds to embark on the project but was yet to get the go ahead from the Federal Government.

In his words: “The road linking Oshodi to the International Airport, you would all agree with me is a national embarrassment. In the spirit of the regeneration and urbanisation that this administration has set out to achieve, we believe strongly that the image that is exhumed by the decadence of that road must be repaired and we took it upon ourselves to appropriate the 2017 budget that the House of Assembly should approve the total reconstruction of the Airport Road from Oshodi to the International Airport.

The State currently has a design of 10 lanes to come from Oshodi to the International Airport with interchange and flyover that would drop you towards the Local Airport. The contractor is already set to go and everything as I said has been completed and we already have the cash, but alas we are having challenges with the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing. This is a Federal and not a State road. The Federal Ministry of Works believes that they should do the road, but they have not been able to do it all these years past.

I just want to appeal to the Federal Ministry of Works, to let go or reimburse us with whatever it is that they are owing us and even if they are not willing to pay us now, we have the money to do it. It is a national disgrace and we would not be part of it. We would like to do it as part of the celebration of Lagos at 50,” Governor Ambode had said then.

It would be recalled that the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing in its reaction said the delay in granting the request of Lagos State was because the Memorandum conveying the request of Lagos State which was already before the Federal Executive Council has not reached completion stage.

“The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing Ministry has presented the Memorandum conveying the request of the Lagos State Government to the Federal Executive Council as was done with a similar request by the Kaduna State Government in 2016”.

“Due to the fact that two of the roads also connect Ogun State, the Federal Executive Council could not reach an immediate decision on them because it requested the input of the other State Government affected”, the Federal Ministry explained.

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/05/31/osinbajo-gives-lasg-go-ahead-reconstruct-airport-road/
Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by chukxie(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2017
Good development. I pray the project is carried out swiftly because the road in question is truly an eye sore; and a disgrace to Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:01pm On May 31, 2017
grin As buhari they bed yemi wan run do him land before baba go come

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Lushore1: 4:01pm On May 31, 2017
Finally!. This is what we expect from federal government, God bless lagos state.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by muykem: 4:04pm On May 31, 2017
Very good news.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Beremx(f): 4:05pm On May 31, 2017
What of Apapa road leading to the Sea Port?

Kudos to Osinbajo. May Buhari resign so that you become the next President!
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by branchsean014: 4:05pm On May 31, 2017
Opportunity is missed by most ppl each day causing you kept doubting my fixed game,today fixed out odd 150.view won ticket for delight doubting Thomas's.

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Airforce1(m): 4:06pm On May 31, 2017
Beremx:
What of Apapa road leading to the Sea Port?

Kudos to Osinbajo. May Buhari resign so that you become the next President!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Splashme: 4:08pm On May 31, 2017
Re
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Splashme: 4:11pm On May 31, 2017
So why was Fasola preventing Ambode from going ahead with this road ever since?

This truly exposes the cold war between Ambode and Fasola

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Splashme: 4:21pm On May 31, 2017
I remember how Fasola used to play politics against GEJ with similar issues.

Ghen ghen .. .......Power pass power. . . .

See how Ambode just bypassed him and went straight to deal with Osinbajo

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by yaki84: 4:49pm On May 31, 2017
branchsean014:

Opportunity is missed by most ppl each day causing you kept doubting my fixed game,today fixed out odd 150.view won ticket for delight doubting Thomas's.
bros abeg give me 2k now mek i tek buy fuel(garri) drink.

Thnx
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by NwaAmaikpe: 4:57pm On May 31, 2017
Which year's model does he want to buy
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Evablizin(f): 5:01pm On May 31, 2017
Good Lagos airport should be one of the best airport in Nigeria
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Splashme: 5:01pm On May 31, 2017
Lushore1:
Finally!. This is what we expect from federal government, God bless lagos state.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Blue3k(m): 5:01pm On May 31, 2017
Man the federal government is lazy. They don't want to fix roads and they used to frustrate proactive states from doing work sometimes. Sounds good he allowed then but it's not their responsibility to do such.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by nerodenero: 5:16pm On May 31, 2017
“Due to the fact that two of the roads also connect Ogun State, the Federal Executive Council could not reach an immediate decision on them because it requested the input of the other State Government affected”, the Federal Ministry explained.
FEC delaying is totally unnecessarily. The excuse given isn't tenable because I know Ogun state's response to such issue will be as slow as the speed of a snail. Come to the boundaries between Lagos and Ogun and you'd be shocked how Ogun state have destroyed peoples' home for road construction and such roads have not been completed till date.

Thank God Lagos is willing and ready to help us remove this eyesore and national embarrassment.

Power pass powercheesy. BRF 0-1 AA+. Your rift isn't helping at all. Osinbajo takes the credit.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by shaddoww: 5:16pm On May 31, 2017
Shame go don catch Fashola ehn, I don't know why he is taking dis thing too far.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by victorDanladi: 5:19pm On May 31, 2017
Why is it always look as if the FG government has no money to execute any project since 1999.Majority of the road infrastructure in nigeria today were constructed by the military government.

spending Huge money on less economical abuja airport while neglecting lagos that handle the highest number of passengers.

Anyway,I still believe if Nigeria is to be an human being,she will be a schizophrenic patient.(mad man).

Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by SalamRushdie: 5:23pm On May 31, 2017
After so many many years of politics ..God bless Osinbanjo..
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Jorussia(m): 5:39pm On May 31, 2017
Osibanjo is a peaceful man.I strongly believe osibanjo is capable of leading this country. What Nigeria need now is a leader who is peaceful and a bridge builder,in the person of Prof Yemi Osibanjo. PMB is has good intentions for this country, but his belligerent disposition towards critical issues in the country is his major shortcomings.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by ritababe(f): 5:44pm On May 31, 2017
shaddoww:
Shame go don catch Fashola ehn, I don't know why he is taking dis thing too far.

I wonder why too, abi him dey beef anbode?
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Akeem1759(m): 6:09pm On May 31, 2017
branchsean014:

In as much as you are not NOTRADAMUS, no sane person will fall for this your foolishness.. Get a life my dear Brother.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Ajibel(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2017
I knew this was going to happen following the Acting President's visit to Lagos@50 celebration. Ambode would have informed him to help speed up the process.

I just hope the National assembly wont call for a stop of this directive like they have done to the National stadium.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by svfu(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2017
Ambode setting d pace
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by Ajibel(m): 6:23pm On May 31, 2017
I think Ambode should take the opportunity of Buhari's absence to disturb the acting president to grant the remaining approvals like handing over of the national stadium to LASG, national museum and theatre and some other FG infrastructure no longer maintained by the FG. I believe LASG are more than capable to maintain those edifices.
Re: Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Construct Lagos Airport Road by ERONX(m): 6:31pm On May 31, 2017
Nice move from the Acting President

(1) (Reply)

Why Million Starved To Death During Biafra War / OSINBAJO: The North And Ungovernable Nigeria Is Back / Nigerian Police Men Spotted Hailing Nnamdi Kanu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.