Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. (2899 Views)

Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check / Federal Executive Bodies Listed In The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic / Tambuwal:What The 1999 Nigerian Constitution Says About The Office Of Thespeaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by sammyzacks(m): 6:41am On Jan 18, 2010
ABUJA—An Abuja-based constitutional lawyer, Mr Kayode Ajulo, has invoked the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal high court sitting in Abuja, asking it to declare, without further delay, Dr Jonathan Goodluck as the Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the account that President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua had duly informed the leadership of the National Assembly through his 12 January 2010 broadcast of his temporary inability to perform the functions of his office.
Ajulo is the fourth and the latest litigant in the legal quest by majority of Nigerians to ensure that the ailing President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua steps down on the account of his ill-health to enable Jonathan begin the performance of presidential functions in his own right as acting president in line with the provision of section 145 of the 1999 constitution.
Ajulo invoked the original jurisdiction of the court on a day radical Lagos lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, tendered the transcript of the same 12 January 2010 broadcast by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua in court to invite Justice Adamu Bello, the new judge, to hold that it amounted to a written declaration as required by section 145 of the 1999 constitution to allow his vice begin to perform the presidential functions as acting president.
Falana tendered Yar’Adua’s speech in court
He said although the Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Michael Kaase Andoakaa, SAN, had refused to answer the seven questions he served on him about the health status of Yar’Adua, he said the president had saved the situation by transmitting the required written declaration to the appropriate authourities through the BBC broadcast, the transcript now published by Nigerian newspapers, to the effect that he would not be able to perform the functions of his office for now until otherwise advised to so do by his doctors.
He is urging the court not to waste time to okay his request by declaring Jonathan as the acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria so that he could start to perform the functions of the office in his own right.
In the fresh originating summons already lodged at the registry of the Abuja Federal high court, the constitutional lawyer, Ajulo, is also inviting the court to hold that the Yar’Adua’s broadcast to Nigerians, including the President of the Senate and Speaker of the House of Representatives, the transcript of which had been received and read by them, amounted to activation of the provisions of section 145 of the 1999 constitution.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/18/declare-jonathan-acting-president-by-ajulo-falana/
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by Ojumiii(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
Na waooooooooooo
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by 77ken: 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
shows anodokan or olodokan whatever he calls himself is a dundee a mutallab of the first order. His children should disfather him b4 he brings more disgrace to them. grin
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by Odisco2(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Lets the south south rule. Or what do you think?
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by worm(f): 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
Dem go de shout finish,

NO ANY MILITANT FROM NIGER DELTA WILL BE ALLOWED TO RULE NIGERIA.

LET ME TELL YOU.  tongue
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by faithnnaj: 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
Activate ko Integrate ni. Total nonsense
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
With people like Andoakaa as AGF, Jonathan can kiss any hope of becoming the President of Nigeria good bye
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by Beaf: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2010
worm:

Dem go de shout finish,

NO ANY MILITANT FROM NIGER DELTA WILL BE ALLOWED TO RULE NIGERIA.

LET ME TELL YOU.  tongue

Hausa people like you have no shame.
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by Akuviv: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
posted by: 77ken
shows anodokan or olodokan whatever he calls himself is a dundee a mutallab of the first order. His children should disfather him b4 he brings more disgrace to them. Grin
grin grin grin grin

I no fit laugh enough. His actions are worse than Mutallab's (Trainee terrorist failed, gaining more experience in jail). God save Nigeria from all Judicial and political terrorist.
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by centnaira: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
What is d military waiting 4, take over n render those old men n women useless.
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by mrofficial(m): 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2010
centnaira:

What is d military waiting 4, take over n render those old men n women useless.

better than seeing some stupi'd civilians ripping off others.
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
Is this suppose to be on the frontpage?
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by ndigbo: 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
I'm tried of this comedy. Nlanders what can we do to help this country? which is on the of collapse. We have got to take the bull by the horn.
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by SwtzMinx(f): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
.NA WA 4 dz c0untry we cal 9ja!
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by kay9(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
sammyzacks:

ABUJA—An Abuja-based constitutional lawyer, Mr Kayode Ajulo, has invoked the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal high court sitting in Abuja, asking it to declare, without further delay, Dr Jonathan Goodluck as the Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the account that President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua had duly informed the leadership of the National Assembly through his 12 January 2010 broadcast of his temporary inability to perform the functions of his office. . . .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/18/declare-jonathan-acting-president-by-ajulo-falana/

About time, too. I heard on the radio this evening that the High Court has granted VP Goodluck presidential rights (but not the actual position of ACTING PRESIDENT). Of course that's just spliting hairs; granting one presidential rights is as good as making him/her the acting president. But in any case its more than enough for the VP to take control - i just hope he isn't still waiting for angels to come down from heaven before he does so. Shebi the other day, Bakare described him as either incompetent or unreliable. . . tongue
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by gidson12(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
D northern elites are realy playing dis game thight, making a big fool out of about 150m nigerians
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by debosky(m): 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
Lawyers! Who knows what the truth is at his point?

When some people declare the president can rule from Mars, then a speech amounts to giving written transmittal. . . .heck anything is possible in Nigeria.

Let's see where this will head to in the courts. Kudos to Falana and others for having the courage to test the courts in this regard instead of just sitting silently or just ranting on the pages of newspapers.
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by jossylad86(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
God will interven in Nigeria!
U can make a change dnt wait for this ruthless men. God will judge them.
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by mamagee3(f): 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
Yaradua is truly a disgrace to Nigeria!
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by marvix(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
What are u people talkin abt? Cab we take Panadol for another man's headache? Has Goodluck complained that the absence of the president has made him less powerful? All the FEC meetings he has presided over has anyone reported that decisions taken there are not binding on them? Who is Falana representing in court? They should stop all this charade the only role the VP has under our constitution is to take charge in the absence of the president. All those calling for the military I say God forbid
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by rasputinn(m): 3:55am On Jan 19, 2010
^^^
Who are you and what are you driving at
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by ud4u: 11:19am On Jan 19, 2010
Whether Goodluck or Yaradua,

All of them are just pencil in the hand of PDP. Is only God that will save this country from their hands
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by idifu(m): 11:53am On Jan 19, 2010
Jonathan it's time for you to start acting like a man,wake up and stop using panadol but panasharp
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by heritage00(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
i know this sounds very silly,but mark my word, the military are coming back pretty soon watch out !
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by detopshot(m): 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2010
So what? i'm tired of this bullshit. make una pray hard. 'democracy' may divide this country into three. in fact, i don't have time for all this trash. country of shameless idiots. una government no dey shame? (hisses and walks away)
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by detopshot(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
So what? i'm tired of this bullshit. make una pray hard. 'democracy' may divide this country into three. in fact, i don't have time for all this trash. I had expected an extraordinary national anthem from 'barracks' on the network service of radio nigeria one of this hot afternoons. country of shameless idiots. una government no dey shame? (hisses and walks away)
Re: Yar’adua’s Broadcast ,activates Section 145 Of The 1999 Constitution. by Mutee: 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2010
Politics is a game and a dirty one for that matter.

I read in a newspaper that there is this so called group called the CABAL. This group consist of the presidential loyalist of which madam first lady, Aondoaka and some top PDP chieftains from the north to mention a few. The VP, even after the court ruling had to contact the Yar'adua for directives through the first lady because himself cannot contact the ailing president directly. This is because he (The VP) does not want the so called CABAL to think he hurriedly accepted the court's ruling without the president's directives. Now this group (CABAL) has not given him reply from the President that's why he's still hanging. The paper also said that the presidential loyalist are preventing the VP from acting because if he is allowed to act, they'll all be in trouble because they don't relate well with the VP and they can't all of a sudden start the familiarity now. Another reason according to the paper is that if the VP should act before INEC release the election time table by March, they are afraid he (Jonathan) will have a higher ground in the decision making process of who will become the next president which will not favour them at all.

Can't remember the paper but it's on the 16th Jan, 2010 (Saturday). I'll give you the name when i get it.

Fellow Nlanders, power pass power. In short Power pass postion

So, like I said earlier, Politics is a game.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Joke / Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh / Elephant Tusks For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.