Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria (31885 Views)

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / What Google Is Telling Foreigners About Nigeria / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Bluffly: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

What is Nigeria? It's landmass? Nigeria is the people, leaders and average citizens. Nigerian is not great.
Nigeria is not a land mass, its a wealthy land and a sovereign state with citizens who but comprise both the well meaning and the crooks as obtainable in all countries or sovereign States. It's just quite unfortunate that we have crooks, greedy, dullards, thoughtless and vision less individuals as leaders.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Bluffly: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
SmallSimba:

The leaders are a representation of the people. Do they force themselve to power?
When good people do nothing, bad people are forced on them as choices to make from
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by hmbassey1960(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
As You can see, the Guy that talked of Nigeria not being a good country is from that side.
But then, It is still the same side of Nigeria, that will protest when any one is to be investigated for Corruption.
it is them that will carry Placards and Protest forDasuki... it is them that will make noise online for Dokpesi after the later has confessed to taking money.. it is still them that will come all out to say that Methuh has the best right to not give back stolen money.
it is Them that will tell u, "what of Ameachi" when honest Nigerians ask " How did PEJ have 15billion in an account*

and it is still them that will export drugs everywhere.. giving Nigerians bad name and image, and it is still them that after doing all this they will call Nigeria a Zoo and Nigerians Animals..
but will still be the ones claiming victimisation and wailing over everything.

It About Time all Nigerians come together to ensure that we kick them out.. As an Akwa Ibomite and a Niger Deltan, I knw we here are ready to know kick them out...

IF ATALL WE WANT TO BUILD SOMETHING LASTING, WE NEED TO SEND AWAY ALL THOSE DESTROYING THE SMALL THINGS WE ARE BUILDING.
#TimeToSendBiafransAway
#AksIsNotBiafra.

I know they will call me Afonjaaa.. but mbon si idionghor mien edionghor ke ndo Amana Isong.
Abasi ke eyong,we they Akwa-cross people are nt part of that their,BIA FRANCE,something so my brother you said all thanks
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
Bluffly:

Nigeria is not a land mass, its a wealthy land and a sovereign state with citizens who but comprise both the well meaning and the crooks as obtainable in all countries or sovereign States. It's just quite unfortunate that we have crooks, greedy, dullards, thoughtless and vision less individuals as leaders.
Are the citizens any better? Be honest with yourself

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by grafitti(m): 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Its a shame that a foreigner thinks highly of us and we so much detest the entity called Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria,

God make her great again.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
dinachi:

Na your papa and Mama dey messed up!
And this one will shout Nigeria is good it's the leaders that are bad. Are you a leader? With this your insane rant.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
hmbassey1960:
Abasi ke eyong,we they Akwa-cross people are nt part of that their,BIA FRANCE,something so my brother you said all thanks

Itong Uwehm Isong fi eyen eka...
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by austinvsb1(m): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

QUIET X2
Your pastor or religious head is a fraudster
Your government is a fraudster.

If you had any sense in your head, you'd see where i clearly stated 'average nigerian'. Wait a minute, You probably saw that! But like the lying, dishonest crook that you are, you ignored it.

You can quote me all day, i'm gonn reply endlessly and call you the FRAUDSTER that you most seemingly are!

Nigerians are good and honest people!

2 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
What I've come to notice is that those not favoured by nature or coincidence are the ones fed up with Nigeria but those who have been blessed by the country love Nigeria so much that wherever they may be they tend to always come home. In Owerri adage it is written that "Onye shi ala Owerre ari ya nma, ya kwara li" which translates to "If you think Nigeria is not good, you are free to relocate".

2 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
Abagworo:
What I've come to notice is that those not favoured by nature or coincidence are the ones fed up with Nigeria but those who have been blessed by the country love Nigeria so much that wherever they may be they tend to always come home. In Owerri adage it is written that "Onye shi ala Owerre ari ya nma, ya kwara li" which translates to "If you think Nigeria is not good, you are free to relocate".
Sir ooo. Relocate you say?

To which country exactly? All are deporting Nigerians and those that are not are denying Visas.

The country needs better governance and thats the truth. The is no need to deny the evident and proven fact that Naija is in trouble, caused by non other than yours truly.

Its a shame that some people are denying even what an infant experiences and can speak about. Don't chase away citizens because they speak the truth, rather, help find solutions to the problem

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
Olasco93:
The Truth is that there is no country as wonderful as Nigeria. Only those who lack Hope and Confidence believe otherwise.
Hahahaha. Hehehe. Hohoho.

Son, have you ever lived in a developed nation/country? angry
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Litmus: 8:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

QUIET X2
Your pastor or religious head is a fraudster
Your government is a fraudster.

Why are you insulting him?You stated that you are a crook and that your parents are thives and your brothers fraudsters. He only reiterated what you stated.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by grafitti(m): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
As You can see, the Guy that talked of Nigeria not being a good country is from that side.
But then, It is still the same side of Nigeria, that will protest when any one is to be investigated for Corruption.
it is them that will carry Placards and Protest forDasuki... it is them that will make noise online for Dokpesi after the later has confessed to taking money.. it is still them that will come all out to say that Methuh has the best right to not give back stolen money.
it is Them that will tell u, "what of Ameachi" when honest Nigerians ask " How did PEJ have 15billion in an account*

and it is still them that will export drugs everywhere.. giving Nigerians bad name and image, and it is still them that after doing all this they will call Nigeria a Zoo and Nigerians Animals..
but will still be the ones claiming victimisation and wailing over everything.

It About Time all Nigerians come together to ensure that we kick them out.. As an Akwa Ibomite and a Niger Deltan, I knw we here are ready to know kick them out...

IF ATALL WE WANT TO BUILD SOMETHING LASTING, WE NEED TO SEND AWAY ALL THOSE DESTROYING THE SMALL THINGS WE ARE BUILDING.
#TimeToSendBiafransAway
#AksIsNotBiafra.

I know they will call me Afonjaaa.. but mbon si idionghor mien edionghor ke ndo Amana Isong.
Mbok!
U haff tork my tork.
EOD!

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by onila(f): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria is garbage

Africa is a curse

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by obailala(m): 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ironically, Chine_Ezeks is the son of Oby Ezekwesiki; he's certainly not an ipob adherent.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by fortress100(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
if that man stays without light for 3 days, he won't say that rubbish. Nigeria is good for d rich n bad for d poor.

3 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by grafitti(m): 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
The diplomat us on point
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Litmus: 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
fortress100:
if that man stays without light for 3 days, he won't say that rubbish. Nigeria is good for d rich n bad for d poor.

Was it your ancestors that manipulated electricity​ to create the light you people keep harping on about?
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by KemjikaEme: 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
There is nothing great about Nigeria!
A social contract made of non homogenous people which has since divided along tribal and religious lines; subdued under corruption,poverty nepotism and abysmal governance.

The white man's word is not Yes and Amen!
Nigerians have the right to define their destiny and coexistence and wouldn't depend on the thoughts of imperialists.
We have the final say as regards the issues concerning this contraption,the white man can't validate who we are and how we should view ourselves.
Only a fooolish Black man will uphold the impression of a white diplomat.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by ephi321(f): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
delivryboy:
My British friend visited Nigeria for the first time this January and he said "the greatest hidden secret in Africa is Nigeria" because Nigeria seems sooooooo bad from the outside, no thanks to those who hate everything they themselves have contributed in destroying. [b]I also noticed the only topic a Nigerian wants to discuss with a foreigner are the perceived failures of Nigeria [/b]and I have seen where foreigners have had to describe a worse situation in their own countries. Washing your dirty linens outside should not be a form of entertainment.

That's not completely true. On the contrary, most Nigerians try to represent the country in a positive light when outside. And the most questions most people get from non-Nigerians are about Chibok and Boko haram.

Nigeria's reputation is far from positive, don't let's try and deceive ourselves. The truth is quite a bitter pill to swallow unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by ephi321(f): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
KemjikaEme:
There is nothing great about Nigeria!
A social contract made of non homogenous people which has since divided along tribal and religious lines.
The white man's word is not Yes and Amen!
Nigerians have the right to define our destiny and coexistence and wouldn't depend on the thoughts of imperialists.
We have the final say as regards the issues concerning this contraption,the white man can't validate who we are and how we should view ourselves.
Only a fooolish Black man will uphold the impression of a white diplomat.

Exactly. Well said.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
banmee:

The diplomat does not have to stay in Nigeria. He has been groomed in a normal society where everything works and people think a certain way so he thinks it applies to every country. He is ignorant of the realities in Nigeria. If you disagree, please list five things about Nigeria that signifies a country that is normal or has the potential of reaching greatness. Be mindful of the reality. Plus, Nigeria was never great. I wonder where you get this idea from. How can a country be great when more than half it's existence has been under a dictatorial leadership, is dependent on only one source of revenue, has zero infrastructure, is corrupt to the bone, and dirty as phuck? Be truthful to yourselves and maybe you'll have a chance of being great one day. Just maybe. I doubt it though.
If he thinks Nigeria is so cool he should come live in it.
I remember one Canadian I met. That guy was new in Nigeria came to do some volunteer program... had all these ideas about how to make Nigeria great.. kept talking shìt all the time I told him not to botherand that there was no hope for this cesspit. After one year dem no tell am he changed his tune O. He confided in me how he hates Nigeria and couldnt wait to go back home. I dont think he finished his volunteer period

3 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Litmus: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
ephi321:

Exactly. Well said.

I need no white man's validation to know that Nigeria is a fabulous country.

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by ephi321(f): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Litmus:

I need no white man's validation to know that Nigeria is a fabulous country.

You need no man's validation - white, red or green. Deal with your reality.

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by surajoyadagammo(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hmn!! The man said 10% minority.

But who are those 10%?

No comment, just scratching my head.

I am heading to east.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
fortress100:
Dont mind the fool. As a diplomat they get to live in posh houses and live good.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Litmus: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
ephi321:

You need no man's validation - white, red or green. Deal with your reality.

What do you mean?
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by fabulousvera(f): 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
chauchy:
Only the biafrans do
not all Igbo's are biafrans. Nigeria is what I stand for
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by nnokwa042(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
Olasco93:
The Truth is that there is no country as wonderful as Nigeria. Only those who lack Hope and Confidence believe otherwise.
.nigeria where police and army fight with gun and kill each other,Nigeria where Fulani herds men can wipe out entire village nobody will even care,Nigeria where omonile can kill u for building house,Nigeria where electric wire can kill u any minute,Nigeria where one pay for electric with out using it,Nigeria where police can kill one over 200 naira ,Nigeria where ritual people still cut girls breast for money,this British ambassador stays only ikoyi and VI ,make una dey deceive una self no be me,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) / What Nationality Is Given To A Baby Born On A Plane? / Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.