Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria (31856 Views)

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / What Google Is Telling Foreigners About Nigeria / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by delivryboy: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
My British friend visited Nigeria for the first time this January and he said "the greatest hidden secret in Africa is Nigeria" because Nigeria seems sooooooo bad from the outside, no thanks to those who hate everything they themselves have contributed in destroying. I also noticed the only topic a Nigerian wants to discuss with a foreigner are the perceived failures of Nigeria and I have seen where foreigners have had to describe a worse situation in their own countries. Washing your dirty linens outside should not be a form of entertainment.

5 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by gustav25: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Its a shame that a foreigner thinks highly of us and we so much detest the entity called Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria,

God make her great again.
when has Nigeria ever been great ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
@adedehinbo

Less than 2 months today you were crying and seeking for people's opinion on how you'll live your life with your less than 200 dollars salary. Today you are insulting a whole tribe because you want to echo the sentiments of a colonial master? Are you serious? Are you serious? Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by adedehinbo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

Mr man how much do you earn where you work? Why has tribalism made you so blind? Why are you pretending things are OK in this country? Why oga why?
to be factual with u,I earn nothing less than 100k which is still manageable,now let me ask u a question, who was the first person that started tribalism on this forum
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by tooth4tooth: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Another hater schooled again cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by peddy231(m): 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Oyingbo Diplomat wey dey Ikoyi and V.I. dey talk about Nigerians. Na real waaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by gustav25: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
brainpulse:
Please let's stop taking this ipodians and the wailers serious, they don't see any thing good in themselves and this country. That is the mind set they have to the extent that they can do anything for sudden wealth and at the detriment of lives and their own.

It took an outsider to let him know the greatness that abounds around him.

Our adage says a boy that does not respect his own father, will be taught from outside how to respect another man's father
excuse moi....the diplomat rantingvis he not enjoying a steady air conditioned lifestyle with a salary 1000x above the minimum wage in the country ?why wont he be so happy and see nigeria frm a rather different view?
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by omsal84(m): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
For all of you commenting, what exactly did the diplomat say is good about Nigeria? It's not enough to simply say Nigeria is good... tell us how, when, where and what area is good and can be compared to other developed areas in the world.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
adedehinbo:
to be factual with u,I earn nothing less than 100k which is still manageable,now let me ask u a question, who was the first person that started tribalism on this forum
Why are you lying? You're trying to tell us your salary was raised 100% withing the last 2 months? Wooooow. Woooooow

2 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by adedehinbo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

Less than 2 months today you were crying and seeking for people's opinion on how you'll live your life with your less than 200 dollars salary. Today you are insulting a whole tribe because you want to echo the sentiments of a colonial master? Are you serious? Are you serious? Smh
lol believe every story on social media at ur own peril,needed advise on that on how to mange half of the salary on expenses while the real salary is much more than that,wise up man
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by kozmicity: 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Its a shame that a foreigner thinks highly of us and we so much detest the entity called Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria,

Change begins with you
That's why your president is here...change yourself before others and then finally your country
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
AlphaDibia:
He said the vast majority of the Nigerian people are honest. ... hahaha afo m oooooooo hahahahaha.. well, he's a diplomat and thus, expected to speak in diplomatic language

Change your crowd
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by greatermax77(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
The diplomat from where UK, smh..
The people that cause our major problem.
Let him come, make we aswap citizenship
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Gentlesniper(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
brainpulse:
Please let's stop taking this ipodians and the wailers serious, they don't see any thing good in themselves and this country. That is the mind set they have to the extent that they can do anything for sudden wealth and at the detriment of lives and their own.

Our adage says a boy that does not respect his own father, will be taught from outside how to respect another man's father
seriously Nigeria is in its current state because of tribal bigots like u and ur kind. cant you guys on this forum ever make a comment without using words like ipods, afonja, etc?? its so unfortunate that this forum is now a breeding ground for tribalism especially from the so called youths who claim to be leaders of 2mao, and yet we keep praying for peace and unity. I think the mods should start hiding comments with such words.
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
We have finish our hopes and faith long ago. Nobody should be making political statement for us again. Nigeria remain a useless country.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by SycophanticGoat: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
The diplomat should come live here permanently. He should also make sure that his place of residence be Benue State - Zaki Biam precisely, then I will take him serious.

You can't tell me not to call out a country without electricity and good roads, and plagued by: unemployment; abuse of power by politicians, police, army, navy, etc; terrorism by Fulani herdsmen, boko haram and APC-chibok; nepotism; tribal and religious bigotry cum crises which almost always result in loss of lives; corruption; ritual killings; fraud; drug peddling; armed robbery; kidnapping; rape; militancy; etc.

If I don't scream at the top of my voice about the ills but rather hypocritically say things like "Nigeria is great" and all that then I'm definitely deceiving myself and will never put pressure on the people whom are supposed to ensure there is change from bad leadership to good leadership.

Sorry white man, I don't do hypocrisy!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
adedehinbo:
lol believe every story on social media at ur own peril,needed advise on that on how to mange half of the salary on expenses while the real salary is much more than that,wise up man
Lol. You Don already Mumu yourself down. We know your type.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by kozmicity: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

Mr man how much do you earn where you work? Why has tribalism made you so blind? Why are you pretending things are OK in this country? Why oga why?

#icantfitlaff...nice one
Its time we put those tribalistic idiots in their place

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
adedehinbo:
slowpoke u can tell that to yourself,there re people earning below 50k nd still better things don't be so dumb
Fastpoke. You agree that you earn less than 200 USD a month? And u think the country is great?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by SycophanticGoat: 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
adedehinbo:
I love his opinion abt how Nigeria is facing appalling global damage which he tweeted the minority re the ones doing that,who doesn't know Igbos re the ones doing that?from drug dealings,kidnapping nd blackmailing

Bro, doing all the above listed aren't as bad as skull mining, rape, incest, etc.. Go figure!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
That twitter handle is managed by someone else. No UK diplomat can write English with such atrocious grammar and spelling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by adedehinbo(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

Fastpoke. You're agree that you earn less than 200 USD a month? And u think the country is great?
don't be so dumb guy try to understand English better,there re people who earns below that nd still Ok doesn't mean I earns below 50k
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:

God bless Nigeria,

Which mumu shame, when he came to Nigeria did he feed from hand to mouth or stay for a week without light, face police brutality.

Only a Nigerian can say what Nigeria really is, we all know Nigerians respect and treat foreigners well so all he is saying is from a foreigner perspective.

Na we get the country na we knw where e dey bit us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
adedehinbo:
don't be so dumb guy try to understand English better,there re people who earns below that nd still Ok doesn't mean I earns below 50k
Maybe this is your twin brother. Whichever way, you still have people the country doesn't favour. Lol the part you mentioned you are dying silently made me feel for you. Sorry mate.

4 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by shine12: 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
maximunimpact:
Nigerians are just happy ppl

True.

Show me any country in the world where you get to the filling station and the fuel sales attendant is dancing to Davido while working.We are amazing and special.

2 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by ONYII4TRUT: 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
brainpulse:

Let's make enugu state the fct make igboman d Nigerian president and transfer all federal parastals from lagos to enugu and see what an average yorubaman will do.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by eflintsone(m): 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
only the igbos who want biafra will say such, i love the reply from that white man...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If Not For The Driver's Experience - Man Who Survived Accident Revealed (Photos) / Obituary Of 2 Siblings Who Died In Accident (Photo) / Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.