Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? (10210 Views)

NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Nigerian Lng Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by tenhap(m): 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2007
I know a friend who made a 2.2 and was recruited alongside others in NNPC. This was in 2002 and he is still there. On another note, it is natural to tilt towards a particular feeling (for or against), depending on what grade u made urself. I for one, made a 2.2 and i always felt bad when i saw adverts that specified a minimum of a 2.1. That was my lot. Truth remains there are lots of other places u get better pay here in naija than LNG and all u need is ur 2.2, pass their tests/interview and above all (believe it or not) talking to God about every job u apply for and making some promises to Him.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by somebody(f): 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2007
Hotstepper, I don't know where you are based but in the UK, 80% of the top employers want a 2.1 or better. Some would take a 2.2 with masters or 2.2 but with extenuating circumstances.Infact I visit a number of UK job forums and you get these sort of posts from people complaining that it is unfair to dIscriminate against them because they got 2.2.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by feelgood(m): 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2007
@Ndipe, I suppose your last post referred to mine. If, yes I sure would appreciate your explaining what
you mean since you basically agree that companies have a right to use parameters in their interview process.
We are not talking colour here but qualifications(and there is nothing discriminatory about this).
I still hold that anyone applying to a particular company should endeavor to meet their criteria
or go somewhere  else rather than bitching about it.
I sure agree that qualifications is not a true measurement of someone's worth (said as much earlier),
but then these parameters are useful in the selection process especially with companies that want to establish
standards.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by emma2oke: 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2007
i have been laughing for the past ten minutes while reading comments here.its just a case of a drowning man clutching on to a means of survival.All u people who cant see why there should be a reward for those who worked for it back in school should go back for their master degree.I am sure u were one of those calling them effico back then.They took the shame and humiliation while u where allover school not using your heads.I am not suggesting that all those that chased girls were not serious.Its just that they did not know when to cut the line between the books,holes and bottles.I was a master in these three things and I still got my 2.1 and reaping the benefit. if u have younger ones in school now,u can advise them to look after their future now.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2007
It is not compulsory to work in NNPC or LNG! You had ample time to meet their academic requirements while in school but you decided to play away the time, now it is time to face the consequences.
In life there is a reward for hardwork and one for laziness. I know of boys while we were in school who made fun of us for over-studying, it is boys like that who now populate this board screaming blue murder when NNPC and LNG decide to "discriminate"!

There are opportunities at menial jobs were they do not require grades but merely that you have "knowledge", or best of all you can create your own job! chikena!
If people with 3rd class get the same opportunities as those with a 1st class in NNPC and LNG, where then is the motivation to work hard in school?
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by UDK(m): 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2007
In most universities more 80% of those who made 2-1 worked for it and in some cases 10% of those who made 2-2 could have made 2-1.

It is the perogative of the employer to set critaria for positions when he/she wants to employ and if it is 2-1 that is wanted then the employer's requirement/judgement needs to be respected.

Because LNG is a "Government" agencies does not mean it should lower its standard by any means (since they operate in the same competetive enviroment woth the other coys they need to be competetive and the only way they can do that is to hire the best hands)

I am an engineer, I made a solid 2-2 and I work for the largest producing oil coy in Nigeria , but that was not before proving myself during a-one year intensive training orgaized by the coy in which some 2-1s failed along the way. Right now I am still making myself more marketable by pursuing an MBA in one of the European universities.

So ifyou have a 2-2 and u are sure of the stuff u are made of wait for job offers that are not restricted to 2-1 and in the interim inprove urself by acquiring a Master if u can afford it.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2007
ehie007 (m)
Lagos

Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2?
« #15 on: Yesterday at 05:10:06 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
u guys are bnot really getting my point.
if shell/chevron/total/and all this top notch companies ask for 2:1 its due to the situation on ground, my argiment is

why should of all people, a federal government parastatal like NNPC and LNG and some others be discriminating,
they should be the first to give everybody a chance even the third class, may be apart from the first class ones.
Thats were am driving at.

If it aprivate company we might understand but a government discriminating its too bad for this nation.

your views.

This absurd line of thinking is exactly why Nigeria will never make it in the committee of advanced nations! This wrong policy of "federal parastatals giving a chance to EVERYBODY" is the reason the Federal civil service is today populated by mediocre individuals. Take a look at all Federal institutions, not one of them can be held up as a model of efficiency!
Compare NNPC and LNG (before it was privatised) to Chevron/shell/Mobil who are allowed to "discriminate" on the basis of their being foreign oil companies. LNG has to depend on gas pumped to it from foreign companies, NNPC has for the last 10 yrs been unable to carry out a simple Turn Around Maintenance of its 3 refineries condemning Nigeria to import a product it produces!

What of the Nigerian Ports Authorities, FAAN, Federal civil service, NEPA, NITEL? All are full of "everyone" including those who have no business being there all in the name of "giving everyone a chance"!
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by blinx4real(m): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2007
I completely agree with you davidylan,
Just because an organization is a govt company doesn't mean it shouldn't have standards, and that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to employ the best.

Yes I believe that the recruitment programmes for most organizations in Nigeria are crappy, and that the measurement of your capability to deliver on a job should be based on more than what your certificate says you got. But we cannot develop quality products from sub-standard raw materials.

To be the best you must have the best resources in all areas, the best of manpower, the best of processes and the best technology. I think NNPC, LNG even NEPA sorry aka PHCN deserve to have the best.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by mrpataki(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2007
I feel it is needed to segregate the two from each other.
They both have their advantages though.
But really it is needed.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by oisrael(m): 8:29pm On Feb 01, 2007
NNPC and LNG being Govt. owned ought not to discriminate against Graduates with a 2.2, moreso as it is Govt.'s responsibility to provide jobs. The excuse of their Human Resources Department being overwhelmed with too large a number of applicants should they allow 2.2 graduates to come for aptitude tests is a lame one, for God's sake we're talking about Govt. here! Afterall they're able to conduct other exams involving the entire nation cos the resources are at their disposal.
They should allow graduates irrespective of their grade write the exams and choose from among them based on performance at the exams.
Can someone please tell me what the following Nigerians graduated with? Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi and James Ibori to name just three.
Fellow Nairalanders it ain't the paper but what you can do.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2007
oisrael:

NNPC and LNG being Govt. owned ought not to discriminate against Graduates with a 2.2, moreso as it is Govt.'s responsibility to provide jobs.

No wonder VIRTUALLY ALL GOVERNMENT OWNED PARASTATALS are mere revenue collection centers! NITEL, NEPA, NNPC, NPA, FAAN, Nigerian Airways, Federal civil service, water coorporation e.t.c. Where are they all today? Thanks to the ridiculous policy of "anything and anybody goes" not a single government establishment is a model of efficient and adequate service! Until we run away from this lackadaisical attitude of anything goes, Nigeria will remain a laughing stock of the entire world! No wonder we cant even count ourselves properly, illiterates were in charge all along!
While it is the responsibility of govt to provide jobs, it is also the responsibility of the citizenry to fulfill the requirements for those jobs!
Americans who fail their college exams do not queue at chevron headquaters demanding jobs from George Bush!

oisrael:

The excuse of their Human Resources Department being overwhelmed with too large a number of applicants should they allow 2.2 graduates to come for aptitude tests is a lame one, for God's sake we're talking about Govt. here! Afterall they're able to conduct other exams involving the entire nation because the resources are at their disposal.

O, the JAMB exams they conduct all over the entire nation that has been riddled with widespread cheating? Is it the same exam that higher institutions are now kicking against and insisting on conducting their own internal exams?
What really is government? Is it an amorphous behemoth?

oisrael:

They should allow graduates irrespective of their grade write the exams and choose from among them based on performance at the exams.

Then of what use is it botheriing to go to school since all graduates "irrespective of grade" will be invited for interviews afterall? Do you assume to build a strong and virile nation on the back of mediocrity and laziness?

oisrael:

Can someone please tell me what the following Nigerians graduated with? Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi and James Ibori to name just three.
Fellow Nairalanders it ain't the paper but what you can do.

Wole Soyinka - Went on to be a professor - Go and do likewise!
Gani Fawehinmi - Went on to be one of Nigeria's foremost legal luminaries! Go and work hard and build YOUR OWN law chambers and stop whining for what you do not qualify for!
James Ibori - A government official busy stealing public funds - Go and steal likewise!

1 Like

Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by alexis(m): 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2007
I have always said that your degree don't determine your state of mind at any point in time or who you will become. Look at Gani the lawyer, he got a 3rd class, where is he now or rather who is he now, one of the best lawyers in the country.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by StanP(m): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2007
*hmm hmm i see* tanx 4 all ur post.Reminds me jst hw harder i nid 2 study 2 mak good grades.Dn't wan2 b engulfd in dis 2.1 2.2 brouhaha not afta all d sufa 4 dis our naija unis.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by StanP(m): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2007
*hmm hmm i see* tanx 4 all ur post.Reminds me jst hw harder i nid 2 study 2 mak good grades.Dn't wan2 b engulfd in dis 2.1 2.2 brouhaha,not afta all d suffer 4 dis our naija unis.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2007
alexis:

I have always said that your degree don't determine your state of mind at any point in time or who you will become. Look at Gani the lawyer, he got a 3rd class, where is he now or rather who is he now, one of the best lawyers in the country.

The ignorant ones however fail to see that for every Gani there are thousands others who wish they had made better use of their opportunities!
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by debosky(m): 12:01am On Feb 02, 2007
Thank You david!!!!

Work hard, don't base your life on exceptions because thats exactly what they are. . . . . exceptions
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by ishmael(m): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2007
All those supporting the discrimination against people with 2.2 and 3rd class simply because they got 1st class or 2.1 are simply those who are afraid to take the same test or exams with those who came out with 2.2 and 3rd class. They know very well that their performance(s) in the test will be poor compared to what people with 2.2 and 3rd class will get. They are doing everything possible to save themselves from disgrace and embarrassment. We know all these things i beg. It's the same thing with HND and Bsc too, the Bsc holders are always afraid to write the same test with HND holders for fear of being disgraced. Thatz why i love ICAN; it is show your skills and not show your class of Degree or HND, and the HND guys have been doing better or showing their skills there. Some Bsc holders with 1st class and 2.1 have been writing ICAN exams for the past 6 years and have not been able to qualify; some of them have even given up!! while most HND guys clear the exams within 2 years.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by texazzpete(m): 9:36am On Feb 02, 2007
Like debosky said, we need to stop basing our arguments on "Wole Soyinka didn't make a first class". So what? Bill gates and Larry Ellision dropped out of school. Do you think they would hire you if you dropped out without a vision?

During my NYSC, i met a brilliant guy who could easily match me in intellectual arguments. he graduated with a Pass degree. i had to carefully scrutinize the certificate before i believed him. No matter how intelligent he is, i wouldn't hire him if i owned a business. why? because i showed he isn't serious!

here's a personal experience. I graduated with a 2.1 with a GPA of 3.55. I could easily have made a 4+ point GPA, but i chose to play. thank God i woke up in time to realise my impending doom  grin. My point is, even from when i entered school in 1997, i knew the stakes, i knew the hurdles to be faced if u get less than a 2.1. And we all know this! If there's discrimination in the Nigerian labour market, it's not a new thing. Yet, knowing this, some of us still fritter away our chances of getting a good grade after school. There's no one but yourself to blame if you think you're intelligent yet failed to get a 2.1 and above.

I got a 2.1 at the end. I had the potential to get a very high grade and i didn't take it. but it ended well for me. if it hadn't and i had gotten a 2.2, i'd have had no one else but myself to blame.

I reiterate my point; we all knew about the discrimination before we entered school. yet people who blithely suppress their potential have no one else to blame but themselves.

It's a tradition now for the VC of Uniben to tell every new student at matric the perils of gettign a poor grade after graduation. Can such a student now start howling at the discrimination when he graduates with a poor grade?
And yes, everybody CAN get a 2.1 if they merit it.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by uchetobi(f): 9:42am On Feb 02, 2007
StanP:

*hmm hmm i see* thanks 4 all your post.Reminds me jst hw harder i nid 2 study 2 mak good grades.Dn't wan2 b engulfd in this 2.1 2.2 brouhaha,not after all d suffer 4 this our naija unis.
At least someone has taken something useful out of the arguments… my dear study hard now that you have the chance so that at least grade wont be a problem for you…cheers and all the best
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by uchetobi(f): 9:46am On Feb 02, 2007
ishmael:

All those supporting the discrimination against people with 2.2 and 3rd class simply because they got 1st class or 2.1 are simply those who are afraid to take the same test or exams with those who came out with 2.2 and 3rd class. They know very well that their performance(s) in the test will be poor compared to what people with 2.2 and 3rd class will get. They are doing everything possible to save themselves from disgrace and embarrassment. We know all these things i beg. It's the same thing with HND and Bsc too, the Bsc holders are always afraid to write the same test with HND holders for fear of being disgraced. Thatz why i love ICAN; it is show your skills and not show your class of Degree or HND, and the HND guys have been doing better or showing their skills there. Some Bsc holders with 1st class and 2.1 have been writing ICAN exams for the past 6 years and have not been able to qualify; some of them have even given up!! while most HND guys clear the exams within 2 years.

How pathetic and lame
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by texazzpete(m): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2007
ishmael:

Afraid?
Son, i will test my brains with anyone, anytime. As far as tests go, i rule!
Listen, i've never said people with 2.2 aret smart. some are really brainy. but then again, if you can't prove your brains under a 4-6 year program, then what do prospective employer have to go by?
Please provide some statistics to back up your outlandish claims. Sure, some 2.1 can't back up their degree, but most 3rd class and many 2.2s can defend their poor degrees  grin !

The discrimination against HND holders has been ongoing for over a decade! Why do you people, knowing this, still go ahead to read HND? Why didnt you stay and do JAMB over again if you knew it was going to be rocky when you came out? Once again, y'all be man enough to take the fall.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by niyooo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2007
I believe most of what needs to be said has already been said. Majority of those with 2.1 and above earned it, just a negligible number bought it. And the fact that one has a 2.1 and above does not preclude one from writing a test, those that bought theirs would not be able to defend it and at the end of the day the better candidates would be taken though we'll have to leave allowance for 'man know man'. Those that made 2.2 and below should stop whining and learn the 'message in the mess' they've gotten themselves into: It's not to late for all of you, there are adverts that include 2.2, you have the opportunity to prove yourselves there, stop mouthing about the Gani's and Soyinka's of this world, things are different now, even with a 3rd class in their time they would still get jobs 'cos the number of educated Nigerians weren't many and the economy was working back then unlike now that industries are closing down and there are so many more candidates than jobs, also you can start thinking of setting something up cos none of these famous Nigerians that you always mouth worked or is working for anybody. Why should any serious minded organisation choose to overly belabour itself by inviting the whole world when it just needs a couple of hundred that can easily be gotten from those that would be invited for the test? It takes effort and sacrifice to sit down and read and that is the price some of us paid so all of you should stop whining and go get a life. angry
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Christino(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2007
Firstly,

To all with "workable" degrees, ya'll should remember that your grade gives you a head above others when the "opportunity" comes calling or at best makes you attractive and "marketable" job-wise. It does not in any way determine your destiny or how rich you'll be.

Some people leave the University with a pass (some already have a managerial position for grabs @ their father's company or better still with "connections" on ground). Some just don't care whatever (artistes, footballers, athletes, ) cos they do not depend on "papers" or cos they just could not settle down with academics.

Originally, no one goes to school with the aim of leaving with nothing (a few exceptions of course), but fingers are not equal, that is some get lucky, others don't. No matter how hard you work, if you fall between 1st class and 2nd lower, please count yourself lucky. I'm not saying the 3rd classes are hopeless (most of them end up being enterprenueurs, don't even bother to look for jobs and they end up successful. A friend of mine has earned over 2 million on his own in the last 16 months working on his freaking own. Many 2-1's are still @ home, some trying to do nysc again since they couldnt hold down a petty business, that bad)

So you can imagine.

@ Topic.

I do not blame those guys for that at all. A friend was at an interview, with about 24 guys and one lady in attendance. After waiting 2 hours without any response from the HR, everyone was frustrated. He decided to open his big mout and ask his fellow "job seekers" why they should be waiting for so long after the advert said "Outright Interview" while you bring your original credentials along. "2-1 no easy o". As he yelled 2-1, all eyes turned to him. A lousy guy asked "you mean you have a 2-1", the soapist continued "Yes of course, una think say na 2-2 i get?", didn't you see the advert, "First Class Graduates only, 2-1 or less need not apply!". To his utmost surprise, he was the only 2-1 amongst them, then he wondered, if all these First class guys are still searching, why the hell am i still in the country.

Homie wrote his gmat, got a yankee masters app accepted and MARRIED AN AKATA! End of his chapter.

Morale of the story:2-2 used to be the min. qualification, now companies like glo only accept 2-2 applications for "fine girls only" and some banks too, now the bar has been raised higher to 2-1, with the rate of unemployment doubling and trippling, you'll soon see a post on Nairaland saying" why should Nigerian Railway Corporation discriminating between First Class and 2-1."

Until recently Bank Cashiers used to have a min. qualification of OND, sometimes even WASSCE! but today, Many banks go for 2-1 graduates with professional qualification including Certifications and put them on the counter. In the next few years, we'll have PHD as a minimum qualification for Security men, not just Company Drivers. Yes it's getting worse by the day.

Many graduates are out there in the UK doing their masters, before you know it, masters will become a min. requirement for most jobs. Presently professional qualifications are being sort after and you know they devalue with time, e.g. MCP, CCNA, ICAN . . .

So don't be surprised. It's Naija. The government know what it's like graduating from a Naija university and it's obvious they have no value for it. And Finally, whatever degree you end up with, no matter where you find yourself (we have Petrochemical Engineers in Banks now, don't know what kind of department grin) develop yourself in and out and always be on the look out for opportunities. Study more write professional exams/certs, do a masters if you can and keep developing yourself, someday you may have to leave a paid job and start off your biz and stop depending on some mofo LNG or NNPC or Mobil A$$es!

Your acceptance of your 2-2 or 3-0 as destiny is your own undoing and may you never forgive yourself for that!
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Christino(m): 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2007
BTW,

I witnessed the first Lagos Interview for UBA, the turnout was about 20,000 or more (and guess what min. qualification was 2-2)! The interview couldn't hold - to thy tents o isreal! grin

The laziest department in any Company is the HR and maybe Marketing as well, so in order to reduce paperwork and sorting (some don't even use the online stuff they have on their site!) they just limit apps to 2-1 and 1st class.

So keep developing urself and gaining experience. No man is born with it but you see applications now adays.

Maximum age: 25 with 7 years experience!

Where the experience been come from? No one is even discussing the issue of Age discrimination, so if you are 30 years of age, a fresh graduate with a 2-2 are you entirely hopeless?
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Miketomi: 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2007
made a 2.1 in school but all i have enjoyed thus far is not based on my intelligence or the fact that i strived to make the grade but i have come to know over time that its God's Grace that is seeing me through and i employ everyone to seek God's grace and stoping limiting your success to what you achieved in your school days.
The ultimate.

Haven't we seen 2.2 holder with better job than first class holder.
Nevertheless, this is not an excuse for laziness while in school. Academic achievement is not equivalent to success in life. One sure thing is that wherever you are strive to be the best. As a student work toward graduating with first class.
However, after doing your best, believe God to use whatever you have for your upliftment.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by texazzpete(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2007
@Christino

nice piece.

the nugget of wisdom here is, if u got a 2.2, don't give up and don't be bitter!

and don't beef! grin

as for the 3rd classes, i dunno what to say to ya grin
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by birdman(m): 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2007
Agreed that grades are not a total reflection of abilities. But put yourself in the shoes of an employer. You want to make as much profit as possible. Who would you hire - a 2-1 or a 2-2 if you had the choice?

Sure, some people buy 2-1's but you can't use that to hire a 2:2 over a 2:1. There are way more legit 2-1s
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by ishmael(m): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2007
texazzpete:

Please provide some statistics to back up your outlandish claims. Sure, some 2.1 can't back up their degree, but most 3rd class and many 2.2s can defend their poor degrees  grin !

Have you been able to provide any statistics to back up your own claims?? Say something meaningful jo; because you hold a first class Degree and so what??

texazzpete:

The discrimination against HND holders has been ongoing for over a decade! Why do you people, knowing this, still go ahead to read HND? Why didnt you stay and do JAMB over again if you knew it was going to be rocky when you came out? Once again, y'all be man enough to take the fall.

Is it everybody that graduated from the university that wrote and passed JAMB - UME exams?? What about those that went in through Pre-Degree or Remedial programmes?? What about those that went in with A'Level GCE and IJMB?? Sorry, we wrote JAMB - PCE before going into the polytechnic too. And for your information you are not well placed with your 1st class or what ever than all 2.2, 3rd class and HND graduates. Some HND holders even have a better job than you here in Nigeria and abroad. Make we hear word jo; na you first get 1st class?
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by texazzpete(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2007
ishmael:

Have you been able to provide any statistics to back up your own claims?? Say something meaningful jo; because you hold a first class Degree and so what??

Please, do i have to point your eyes to the place where i wrote that i had a 2.1 just a few posts up before you see?
Also, why do i have to provide statistics to back up my claims? it's ownly your claims that go against the grain, that goes against common sense. ergo, the onus of proof is on you!

ishmael:

Is it everybody that graduated from the university that wrote and passed JAMB - UME exams?? What about those that went in through Pre-Degree or Remedial programmes?? What about those that went in with A'Level GCE and IJMB?? Sorry, we wrote JAMB - PCE before going into the polytechnic too. And for your information you are not well placed with your 1st class or what ever than all 2.2, 3rd class and HND graduates. Some HND holders even have a better job than you here in Nigeria and abroad. Make we hear word jo; na you first get 1st class?

Stop splitting hairs here. My point was clearly to enquire whether you weren't aware of the discrimination to HND professionals before you entered. I'm sure you were. So why complain now?
besides, the vast majority of people in university entered through JAMB. or should i say UME, so i don't get any further distraction from you.

It's entirely possible some HND holders and 2.2s have better jobs than myself. i freely admit that! But it must be said that i managed to obtain a good grade and secured good employment.  Not gonna get caught mentioning my salary or job here but my taxes last year came up to a million naira. That should give you a good idea of the fruit i'm currently enjoying from my labour  grin.

Now go and make your life useful instead of griping! You're probably the only person here who speaks with so much spite and bitterness. be happy!  grin

and while you're at it, spruce up your brains a little, ok? I have a terrible need to actually learn something from any conversation, but you just aren't coming across as particularly sensible.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by niyooo(m): 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2007
@ ishmael,

Stop beating around the bush and listen to what people are saying. They are not talking about a first class or 2.1 having the best job or being the most successful, they are just giving you very sensible reasons why any Organisation would want to reduce the number of applications they receive and listen to people's advise and go and develop yourself. There's still hope for you.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by seeker(m): 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2007
@Topic. Probably for the same reason that the universities do in the first place
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2007
ishmael:

All those supporting the discrimination against people with 2.2 and 3rd class simply because they got 1st class or 2.1 are simply those who are afraid to take the same test or exams with those who came out with 2.2 and 3rd class. They know very well that their performance(s) in the test will be poor compared to what people with 2.2 and 3rd class will get. They are doing everything possible to save themselves from disgrace and embarrassment. We know all these things i beg.

shocked
Where are these "fearful" 1st class or 2.1 holders?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 7 Biggest Banks In Nigeria - The Analysis / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.