Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. (10207 Views)

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? / Lagos Stops Promotion Based On Career Progression, Reveals New Criterion (MUST R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in choosing a career for myself but it seems very hard figuring out on one particular thing to do with my life.

I studied marketing which I love in one of the prestigious polytechnic in the eastern part of Nigeria and waiting to be mobilized for Nysc.

I don't have any hard skill at the moment but am yet to enrol for any computer skills in high demand, like Graphic Design, Software development, Video editing (One after the other) as well as going for Digital marketing and any other skills you can suggest i go for.

What do I do with these aforementioned skills?

Most often, too busy thinking about innovations to come up with that have never been in existence.

Am passionate about handling Leadership positions which I would do well. having handled several positions when I was in school, am a kind of person that dislikes disorderliness ,hate to see the poor oppressed in the society, political crisis in the country that most at times eats me up as if my life depends on it.

To sum it all, am a problem solver when it comes to leadership problems in organizations.

The hardest thing here is figuring out the right career path.

Please help me!
I need somebody to coach me.

7 Likes

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Stephen0mozzy: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don't know much about it.....but how about research on project management?

6 Likes

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by AntiWailer: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
Leadership position is not a career.

You rise to the top and become a Leader after going through the stages.

Try Software Development and be truthful to yourself about your strengths as you learn so you can move On sharply and try something else.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by SmartGadgetz: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
1) Digital marketing to sell a viable product.
2) Expertise on a lucrative digital skill.
3) Invest...Invest...Invest
4) Last but not the least, inspire the world through what you are passionate about it gives you something bigger than money.

In and out.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by dieavirgin(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
U get PC
Start bombing

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Olam09(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Start selling gala and lacacera in Go slow

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by abobote: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Lol, from your narrative, you will do better as an activist, just like Sowore, but its very risky in a country like Nigeria. You saw what happened at lekki tollgate

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Powersurge: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Why do you want to change from marketing? There is no skill that is more in demand than sales related skill. Neither is there any skill that pay more than sales. If you must acquire more skills, Salesforce and digital marketing are your friends.

B4 you can see 1 vacancy in any tech field, you would have seen 3 sales related ones. I am not talking about GNLD. There are sales persons that earn 7 figures in Nigeria. And the money wey una dey see for field alone na blood money. Don't be distracted by tech noise. I am into tech and I know what I am saying.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Eagle360(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
cool
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by jawalis(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
You confused me already. To me, you are not a orderly individual judging base on your write up. I really do not have an advice for you and I wish you the best in whatever you decide. I miss candidlady though.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Perfectnumber6(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Why don't you try and get a computer skill first ..while you wait for Nysc mobilization it will come handy ..
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
All of you want to learn digital skill. So many "software developers and graphic designers" here and there.

Meanwhile one small kid is making millions on YouTube just by unboxing toys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by invinzible1: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
chukwuma0000:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in choosing a career for myself but it seems very hard figuring out on one particular thing to do with my life.

I studied marketing which I love in one of the prestigious polytechnic in the eastern part of Nigeria and waiting to be mobilized for Nysc.

I don't have any hard skill at the moment but am yet to enrol for any computer skills in high demand, like Graphic Design, Software development, Video editing (One after the other) as well as going for Digital marketing and any other skills you can suggest i go for.

What do I do with these aforementioned skills?

Most often, too busy thinking about innovations to come up with that have never been in existence.

Am passionate about handling Leadership positions which I would do well. having handled several positions when I was in school, am a kind of person that dislikes disorderliness ,hate to see the poor oppressed in the society, political crisis in the country that most at times eats me up as if my life depends on it.

To sum it all, am a problem solver when it comes to leadership problems in organizations.

The hardest thing here is figuring out the right career path.

Please help me!
I need somebody to coach me.
Polytechnic in the east prestigious.... Funny you it seems realistic has not dawn on you.
Better go and learn web development and digital marketing

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by asobo1: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ok
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Righthussle: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
I
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by KillerBeauty(f): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Every business needs marketers so you course of study is very lucrative.
Just start getting your feet wet by taking up small marketing jobs to gather experience.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by TimeTraveller: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
You have laid a good foundation with a degree in marketing.
Now, go online and, if you can, go ahead and pay for digital marketing courses online.
You can get Facebook and Google Digital marketing certifications and chow from there.

There are more digital marketing platforms and opportunities out there than there are people with competence.

You can work remotely and even get a lot of freelance gigs with platforms like Upwork.

Make e be like dat.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by olola4(m): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Develop yourself in the marketing field - it will be best if you go digital and learn graphics design to boost your rating as a marketer.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by toujurs: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
dieavirgin:
U get PC
Start bombing
Idiot
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by DropsMic(m): 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by greenie77: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Start out with digital skills.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Boogyman557: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
cool Go into Agriculture ! The whole would is turning up side down !!!
But one thing is certain !!! People must EAT cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by greatiyk4u(m): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
With your several use of am...am...am instead of I am

'Am' confused on what to advise you as you already seeing school leadership positions as same with real world own, you are compounding your confusion

Since you read marketing and good at it, start with digital marketing skills and grow from there to the leadership position you think you are good at.

You can equally try your marketing skill by starting with marketing of drugs inside long buses....lolz
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by jackmartial(m): 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Just Prioritize and follow your passion, you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Pegi23(f): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
Go into IT
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by greatiyk4u(m): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
Prestigious polytechnics in the East
Oko polytechnic
Federal polytechnic uwana, Ebonyi state
IMT Enugu
Federal polytechnic Nekede
Osisatech private polytechnic, Enugu

Which one of them?
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Trybecity: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
Okay
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by seanwilliam(m): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
invinzible1:

Polytechnic in the east prestigious.... Funny you it seems realistic has not dawn on you.
Better go and learn web development and digital marketing
lol.

Comrade easy.

@op, my candid advice is - no Dey whine yourself o grin

Me and you know what I’m talking about ..

Anyway , learn video editing and graphic designer and find someone to post ads for you .

Start from that bro

grin

Buying all type of giftcards and funds. Fast and reliable

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 7 Biggest Banks In Nigeria - The Analysis / Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal / 5 Signs You’re Underpaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.