Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,843 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] (33004 Views)

Garba Shehu On Magu Probe: Nigerians Should Prepare For Shocking Revelations / 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash / Aisha Yesufu: "President Buhari Must Resign! Osinbajo Cannot Do Anything" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Gegz(m): 11:02am On Jun 02, 2017
dragonking2:
You are just dumb, did you see me mentioning buhari failing sick as karma here? I am talking about karma catching up to buhari for he once wanted a president to resign under the reason of ill health, now he himself is not fit too, so he should take his own advise and resign too.

http://www.pulse.ng/local/throwback-thursday-how-buhari-called-for-impeachment-of-sick-absent-yar-adua-in-2010-id6195077.html

“Political expediency won't remedy this kind of problem because if the Executive Council of the Federation had acted in accordance with the constitution, by invoking the necessary sections to declare the President incapacitated, we would not have found ourselves in this present situation," Buhari said.

Buhari's own was on grounds of Yaradua not ceding power to his deputy constitutionally. it had been done controversially..

I am fasting, I am sorry if I insulted you. Forgive pls
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2017
I feel news showing on TVC News Nigeria that highlight what the present Government has been doing so far, what they haven't done, loop holes, failed and success so far, all over social media it's all negative news but if you sit and watch the news, you get to see the real picture, where they have failed, where they have done well, right now 'NIGER DELTA CONTRACT SCAM' is on, these programs show a lot of what has been done so far and can be done also, thieves that are now glorified people in those region and more, please we youths, let's read and watch news, all everyone does is insult whoever is in power, Buhari this, Jonathan that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by dragonking2: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2017
Gegz:

“Political expediency won't remedy this kind of problem because if the Executive Council of the Federation had acted in accordance with the constitution, by invoking the necessary sections to declare the President incapacitated, we would not have found ourselves in this present situation," Buhari said.

Buhari's own was on grounds of Yaradua not ceding power to his deputy constitutionally. it had been done controversially..

I am fasting, I am sorry if I insulted you. Forgive pls
Go and read what the constitution says about a sick president here; https://www.naij.com/1086672-5-nigerian-constitution-a-sick-president-do.html

In a saner country, buhari would be forced to resign and allow sinbanjo take over but because of love of power, he wont. Take note, i am not a fayose fan but that will not hinder me from saying the truth. And i believe that since you are fasting, you should be able to tell Buhari the simple truth instead of fighting blindly for him. As for the insult, no wahala
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Gegz(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2017
dragonking2:
Go and read what the constitution says about a sick president here; https://www.naij.com/1086672-5-nigerian-constitution-a-sick-president-do.html

In a saner country, buhari would be forced to resign and allow sinbanjo take over but because of love of power, he wont. Take note, i am not a fayose fan but that will not hinder me from saying the truth. And i believe that since you are fasting, you should be able to tell Buhari the simple truth instead of fighting blindly for him. As for the insult, no wahala

Note, I am not a supporter of any. But like you just said and I equally quoted earlier, in a saner society and morally speaking. Buhari should resign, no arguments about that. And as regards what the Constitution says, Buhari has done the correct thing by ceding power to his deputy. But Fayose INSISTING that Buhari MUST resign has been my case from the first post I made....

Sanely and morally speaking, Buhari should do the needful and resign. But someone INSISTING that he does is laughable my friend
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by dragonking2: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2017
Gegz:

Note, I am not a supporter of any. But like you just said and I equally quoted earlier, in a saner society and morally speaking. Buhari should resign, no arguments about that. And as regards what the Constitution says, Buhari has done the correct thing by ceding power to his deputy. But Fayose INSISTING that Buhari MUST resign has been my case from the first post I made....

Sanely and morally speaking, Buhari should do the needful and resign. But someone INSISTING that he does is laughable my friend
I beleive the reason why fayose still insist that buhari resigns is due to the fact that it is obvious he cannt continue but as usual, he goes for a while then comes back knowing fully well that if a president goes for a period of time, his vice should become president.

Now, when buhari comes back what exactly does he do within those period? Let me help you, Buhari does nothing!

This simply means when he comes back, the country will be held to ransom again for a particular period withut substancial growth.

It is only in Nigeria that we have a sit at home president or a president that works from home, this is far more laughable and hence buhari should just totally resign and spare us all this bruhaha
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Gegz(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2017
dragonking2:
I beleive the reason why fayose still insist that buhari resigns is due to the fact that it is obvious he cannt continue but as usual, he goes for a while then comes back knowing fully well that if a president goes for a period of time, his vice should become president.

Now, when buhari comes back what exactly does he do within those period? Let me help you, Buhari does nothing!

This simply means when he comes back, the country will be held to ransom again for a particular period withut substancial growth.

It is only in Nigeria that we have a sit at home president or a president that works from home, this is far more laughable and hence buhari should just totally resign and spare us all this bruhaha

Bros, you are just speaking on moral authority. No where in the constitution states the president MUST resign. Saying that there's substantial development when one is on seat than the other is still debatable. But that not been the issue on ground. Mr Fayose shouldn't create a situation whereby a section of Nigerians would think there's a constitutionally backing that a sick president MUST resign. If he's giving the president an advice, its a different thing. But the tone of INSISTING is a complete No No for me.

Period

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by nellyelitz(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2017
Eye don clear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Garba did not know that when ever he opened his mouth/having interviews, that's presidency
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by oscarline2002: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
If this man eventually resigns,IPOD will shield their sword and the country will be in peace! what about that?
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by dragonking2: 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gegz:

Bros, you are just speaking on moral authority. No where in the constitution states the president MUST resign. Saying that there's substantial development when one is on seat than the other is still debatable. But that not been the issue on ground. Mr Fayose shouldn't create a situation whereby a section of Nigerians would think there's a constitutionally backing that a sick president MUST resign. If he's giving the president an advice, its a different thing. But the tone of INSISTING is a complete No No for me.

Period
You definately dont know your constitution and just a blind follower. If truely you are fasting and practise the real islam then all these blind follower-ship and lies should stop.

Here is what the constitution says;

Chapter VI, Section 144 (1) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office if-

(a) by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all the members of the executive council of the Federation it is declared that the President or Vice-President is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and (b) the declaration is verified, after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under subsection (4) of this section in its report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.
(3) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.

(4) The medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the President of the Senate, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria:- (a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and (b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the President of the Senate, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions.
(5) In this section, the reference to "executive council of the Federation" is a reference to the body of Ministers of the Government of the Federation, howsoever called, established by the President and charged with such responsibilities for the functions of government as the President may direct.

https://www.naij.com/1086672-5-nigerian-constitution-a-sick-president-do.html

This is the main reason why Buhari the so called Mr. Intergrity has refused to tell us his true health status knowing fully well that if his ailment is found to be a terminal one, he must resign according to the constitution.
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by oscarline2002: 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jolar101:
Garba did not know that when ever he opened his mouth/having interviews, that's presidency
He does not know my brother! He thought he is speaking from his bedroom or parlour.
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by oscarline2002: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
nellyelitz:
Eye don clear
hahaha. so u have read their minds!
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
oscarline2002:

He does not know my brother! He thought he is speaking from his bedroom or parlour.
Wrong people in government business.
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by nellyelitz(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
oscarline2002:
hahaha. so u have read their minds!
you check am out na e no resemble?
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by austano1234(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ekiti state is probably one of d worst state in Nigeria. A tyrant called a governor will not resolve issues @ home first bt will rather castigate others in their own homs. For over 3 weeks there ve been fuel scarcity in ekiti state nd there is no hope of it ending soon. D state is still very backward in terms of development. Veri unfortunate.
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Gegz(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
dragonking2:
You definately dont know your constitution and just a blind follower. If truely you are fasting and practise the real islam then all these blind follower-ship and lies should stop.

Here is what the constitution says;

https://www.naij.com/1086672-5-nigerian-constitution-a-sick-president-do.html

This is the main reason why Buhari the so called Mr. Intergrity has refused to tell us his true health status knowing fully well that if his ailment is found to be a terminal one, he must resign according to the constitution.

Oga, you are just here speaking all theoretically..

Question One. Has any panel certified that he is permanently incapable to rule? if no, you are basically speaking on theory

Question Two. Leave religion or followership aside, you are just sounding pained that despite his health issues, he still remains adamant on ruling. That I can understand. But don't for reasons best known to you or Mr Fayose INSIST that he must resign because NO one or medical panel has rendered him permanently Incapacitated.

Don't confuse yourself on the constitution. Need I remind you this.

"(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation"
(3) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.

In the absence of any medical report stating Buhari is permanently incapacitated... I suggest you and Mr Fayose stop this thought that keeps brewing in you guys head that Mr President MUST resign....
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by dragonking2: 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gegz:

Oga, you are just here speaking all theoretically..

Question One. Has any panel certified that he is permanently incapable to rule? if no, you are basically speaking on theory

Question Two. Leave religion or followership aside, you are just sounding pained that despite his health issues, he still remains adamant on ruling. That I can understand. But don't for reasons best known to you or Mr Fayose INSIST that he must resign because NO one or medical panel has rendered him permanently Incapacitated.

Don't confuse yourself on the constitution. Need I remind you this.

"(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation"

In the absence of any medical report stating Buhari is permanently incapacitated... I suggest you and Mr Fayose stop this thought that keeps brewing in you guys head that Mr President MUST resign....
Honestly, do you read what you write? Our educational sector has really gone to the dogs. No wonder one of Buhari aide shouted to the world that Buhari administration opened 40,000 email addresses as an accomplishment.

Now to the bolded, how can a panel certify if he is incapacitated to rule when Buhari himself is shielding the world from knowing his health status despite several clamour for us to know his true health status.

http://citizensnewsonline.com/2017/04/02/group-buhari-reveal-health-status-medical-bills-drag-court/

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/13/buhari-cannot-forced-anyone-reveal-health-problem-presidency/

To the second boled, this is laughable and dumb. I am highly employed with good pay, i doubt if many of buhari supporters who have been rendered jobless can boast of the same.

As for fayose, whether you loathe him or not, he is very on point here.

Like i said earlier on, several groups have demanded that Buhari reveals his true health status which the president has failed to do knowing the full implications.

http://citizensnewsonline.com/2017/04/02/group-buhari-reveal-health-status-medical-bills-drag-court/

If buhari can not reveal his health status then he should resign. QED
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by omolayomi06: 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
ontiah:
WATCH THE FIGHT BETWEEN FAYOSE AND GARBA SHEHU ON CHANNELS TELEVISION.

After Governor Fayose called on President Buhari to resign, there was a serious fight on Channels TV as the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, described Ekiti State governor’s call for President Buhari’s resignation as an act of desperation for publicity.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1pe6pZ2HcGGs4UNud2hqJ6BcNvw1aqxX

In a chat with Channels TV last night, Garba said the presidency never responds to anything Fayose says.
His words: “I’m sad that you are inviting me to speak on Governor Fayose. If you follow the Presidency, we don’t talk when he talks because he is desperate for publicity.
“We have a constitution that governs the country and the constitution is very clear about how the country runs. This country has a tripod of authority in terms of distribution of political power.
“You have the parliament which is doing its own work, you have the judiciary which is running, you have the executive and we don’t have any problem with this so therefore if anybody has a problem with the constitution then they should go and change it.”
Fayose on Tuesday urged Buhari, to resign if he truly loves the country, as ill-heath was not allowing the him effectively discharge his constitutional duties.
Fayose, who addressed newsmen in Lagos on Tuesday, said being anavowed corruption fighter, Buhari is now under moral burden to save Nigeria from needless stagnation arising from his heath challenges that have impacted negatively on his performance.
The governor said fighting corruption was not limited to ‎discovering large sums of money here and there, but doing the right thing at the right time.
He opined that taking a bow when necessary was also an indication of being morally upright.
His words: “He can do us the great help by resigning. Not resigning bothers on his integrity.‎ His absence allows others to suppress and oppress others and that means he is allowing others ‎ to suppress their fellow human beings.‎
“There are many governments in one and they are clueless.‎ We need an active president going by our numerous challenges. ‎How long will Nigerians wait for an incapacitated president‎?

‎”We cannot wait again for somebody to hold us to ransom.‎ I don’t have any bad blood against Buhari Osinbajo has no powers without the president. He owes us the duty to tell us the state ‎of his health,” the governor said.
‎‎
The governor, who appraised the two years of the Buhari administration, said the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government had failed to deliver on its promises.

“So far, the APC-led Federal Government has been a government of misadventure and Nigerians are worse for it. They say they are fighting corruption but are shielding corrupt elements within their fold”, he said.

For more videos, visit our channel here;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2gihcDhdTh_8BaOQDxvz2g
APC a party created by propaganda and will die by propaganda,,, oshi ati iranu party. hisss
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Splashme: 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
dodelight:
Hear Liar Garba, "You have the parliament which is DOING IT'S OWN WORK, you have the judiciary which is RUNNING, you have the executive and..." He couldn't tell us if the executives is doing anything. Hmmm... Thank God we still have an opposition in people like Fayose- though he too has his own excesses. Of a truth our growth as a nation has being static under APC. #Buhari Should Honourably Resign

Thought I was the only person that noticed that. The man is even ashamed too

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Gegz(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
dragonking2:
Honestly, do you read what you write? Our educational sector has really gone to the dogs. No wonder one of Buhari aide shouted to the world that Buhari administration opened 40,000 email addresses as an accomplishment.

Now to the bolded, how can a panel certify if he is incapacitated to rule when Buhari himself is shielding the world from knowing his health status despite several clamour for us to know his true health status.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/13/buhari-cannot-forced-anyone-reveal-health-problem-presidency/

To the second boled, this is laughable and dumb. I am highly employed with good pay, i doubt if many of buhari supporters who have been rendered jobless can boast of the same.

As for fayose, whether you loathe him or not, he is very on point here.

Like i said earlier on, several groups have demanded that Buhari reveals his true health status which the president has failed to do knowing the full implications.

If buhari can not reveal his health status then he should resign. QED
Mr Man, are you even in Africa at all? You just keep sounding like a young infant to African politics. Which African Leader would tender his health report and be subject to impeachment on health grounds?

You know what? I would just leave it to you and fayose to get us his true health status report so that we can now ENFORCE and INSIST on his resignation..... Goodluck on that.

On a second note, you talk of the economy. I didn't anywhere in my post say the economy is in the best of shape. But let us not use health to score cheap political points. because I don't know about you but Mr Fayose is only trying to score cheap points

Thirdly, I just wonder if you are in Nigeria sef. The Fayose of a man claiming he has morals should use his morals and lead his state well. have been to Ekiti and when I see how "morally developed" the state is, I just laugh.

Abeg shift
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by dragonking2: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gegz:

Mr Man, are you even in Africa at all? You just keep sounding like a young infant to African politics. Which African Leader would tender his health report and be subject to impeachment on health grounds?

You know what? I would just leave it to you and fayose to get us his true health status report so that we can now ENFORCE and INSIST on his resignation..... Goodluck on that.

On a second note, you talk of the economy. I didn't anywhere in my post say the economy is in the best of shape. But let us not use health to score cheap political points. because I don't know about you but Mr Fayose is only trying to score cheap points

Thirdly, I just wonder if you are in Nigeria sef. The Fayose of a man claiming he has morals should use his morals and lead his state well. have been to Ekiti and when I see how "morally developed" the state is, I just laugh.

Abeg shift
You see yourself, so Mr Integrity no longer has integrity then. If Buhari wants, he can decide not to tender his health report, his presence is of no relevance either to this country or anywhere else.

Secondly, kindly point out where I talked about the economy? If you can't then I advice that you keep shut from now on cos you know nothing. You just bring up assumptions without facts to back you up.

On your 3rd statement, like I said earlier on, I am no fan of Fayose, but in regards to this, Fayose is right and Buhari should tender his statement of health and also all the accrued expenses due to his overseas treatment. That is the right thing to do. Shikena
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by platinumphotos: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by klashe(m): 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
yarimo:
Mtcheeew That is all FAYOSE know how to do best, you can never see him commissioning projects. Even just a single bohe hole is a problem .nonsense resign KO contest 2019 presidential election NI
Mumu! You'll repeat this when he finishes the long bridge he is constructing.
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by sams1no01: 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
OVI75:

Lai like Garba Shehu Are Devils that Duo Are Demons Heartless Liars
if not all most of Buhari's aids are liars. they should stop deceiving us enough all this stupidity call APC
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by Debatesmartly: 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
The height of corruption is when you want to keep your title as president, your privilies and lifestyle when you are physically incapable of perfoming the duties attched to those privileges.
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by yarimo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
klashe:
Mumu! You'll repeat this when he finishes the long bridge he is constructing.
let him finish first grin
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by BeardedMeat(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
DropShot:
Why can't Fayose and his gullible kids here force the president to resign?

No need to hyperventilate over the issue nah. Just draft the resignation letter for him and force him to sign it.

Irritants everywhere.
I personally don't want Buhary to resign, I want him dead!
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by BeardedMeat(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
TheCabal:
Fayose wan join APC by fire by force . grin
Sharap!
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by DropShot: 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
BeardedMeat:
I personally don't want Buhary to resign, I want him dead!
And how does what you want ensure he dies?
Re: Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] by winny4sandy: 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
DropShot:
Why can't Fayose and his gullible kids here force the president to resign?

No need to hyperventilate over the issue nah. Just draft the resignation letter for him and force him to sign it.

Irritants everywhere.
so if buhari resign will he die? As it is now, what can he do? Nigeria!! very ridiculous country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari, Ambode, Sanwo-olu Collapse Campaign Teams, Float ICG / Ahmed Indimi And Zahra Buhari Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Cute Photo / Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.