Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) (33001 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu Visits Nnamdi Kanu With Some Igbo Leaders / Ike Ekweremadu Visits Governor Umahi At His Home For Christmas. Photos / Ike Ekweremadu Visits Orji Uzor Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by NwekeUG(m): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2020
Former Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, has expressed shock and sadness over the accident that claimed lives of several pupils and staff of Presentation Nursery and Primary School, Awgu, Enugu State during the week, describing it as horrific.

According to IgbereTV reports, Ekweremadu spoke during a condolence visit to the Catholic Bishop of Awgu Diocese, Bishop John Okoye, and a visit to the scene of the accident on Friday.

The lawmaker, who was accompanied by his wife, Lady Nwanneka Ekweremadu and the former Ambassador of Nigeria to Japan, Ambassador Gordi Agbo and his wife, Georgina, said:

“Presentation School has always been dear to our hearts as a centre for academic and moral excellence. You came first in the 2012 edition of the Ikeoha Annual Secondary School Quiz Competition and have won several of our full university scholarships. So, it can be imagined how we have been traumatised and shocked at the news of the accident involving our children in the nursery and primary section. I have been to the scene and it is horrific. I think last Wednesday can best be qualified as a black Wednesday.

We have come to sympathise with you. The condolences and prayers of the people of Enugu West are with the families of these fine souls, the school, and the Catholic Diocese of Awgu. We pray God to grant the dead eternal rest and grant quick recovery to those who sustained injuries”.

Speaking, Bishop Okoye, who received Ekweremadu and his wife, on behalf of the management of Presentation School and the Catholic Diocese of Awgu, thanked the Senator and the people of Enugu West Senatorial District for their love and support at this trying time.

https://igberetvnews.com/1369941/ekweremadu-visits-scene-enugu-accident-mourns-victims-photos/

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by freshMallam1122: 7:20am On Oct 31, 2020
Ike hope you kn it's all your fault...Land Lord of Enugu,,if it's tinubu now..you people will come for his head.,,but as far as am concerned the both are real criminals in nigerian politics...have been to Enugu twice herd how this Nama control almost all the lands in Enugu city,,yet no better development coming from his head..an the most funniest part is how Enugu Indegines keep allowing this mofo to rule them in senate for upto 20years with no good evidence to show for..I guess he is the only graduate an politician in his senatorial district... because I see no other reasons..soon now the same ndibo who is asking for change will still vote this idiot to be their governor for another eight years....Ohaneze una mumu never do

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by chatinent: 7:20am On Oct 31, 2020
The traumatic gory image of that accident!

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by HandmadeD: 7:21am On Oct 31, 2020
Frankly speaking I find it hard to believe any politician love and care about us. Outside their pockets.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with genuine evidence, not this their media campaign

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by slawormiir: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
May their soul rest in peace..
Life is just stress in disguise
You enter plane na crash
You enter boat or ship na capsize
You enter car na accident
You enter train na derail

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by vanbonattel: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2020
HandmadeD:
Frankly speaking I find it hard to believe any politician love and care about us. Outside their pockets.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with genuine evidence, not this their media campaign

Ike Ekweremadu cares about his senatorial district. I can prove it.

Let's use this town where this unfortunate accident happened for instance.

Ike Ekweremadu built about 6 kilometres of road in this very town (from the express to Mmaku)

He built a bridge and several culverts there

He has given scholarships to many students from that town, even pupils and students of this very school

He has supported the town in its rural electrification drive

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Joshmodest(m): 7:36am On Oct 31, 2020
vanbonattel:

Ike Ekweremadu built about 6 kilometres of road in this very town (from the express to Mmaku)

He has given scholarships to many students from that town, even pupils and students of this very school

Ekweremadu has been there for more than 12 years I guess , and the achievements he can boast of are culverts , local scholarship , one Express road and electrification drive .....
That's not up to his hardship allowance in 4 years undecided

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by freshMallam1122: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Ekweremadu has been there for more than 12 years I guess , and the achievements he can boast of are culverts , local scholarship , one Express road and electrification drive .....
oga his been they for 20years now

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by freshMallam1122: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2020
vanbonattel:

Dammm it.... typical chibuzor from Ariaria market in aba..Abia state

10 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by KoleDgreat2020(m): 8:00am On Oct 31, 2020
freshMallam1122:
Ike hope you kn it's all your fault...Land Lord of Enugu,,if it's tinubu now..you people will come for his head.,,but as far as am concerned the both are real criminals in nigerian politics...have been to Enugu twice herd how this Nama control almost all the lands in Enugu city,,yet no better development coming from his head..an the most funniest part is how Enugu Indegines keep allowing this mofo to rule them in senate for upto 20years with no good evidence to show for..I guess he is the only graduate an politician in his senatorial district... because I see no other reasons..soon now the same ndibo who is asking for change will still vote this idiot to be their governor for another eight years....Ohaneze una mumu never do
stop saying what you don't know about.... Ekweremadu has done marvelously well I for his people..Go to his senatorial zone and see things for yourself

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by freshMallam1122: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2020
KoleDgreat2020:
stop saying what you don't know about.... Ekweremadu has done marvelously well I for his people..Go to his senatorial zone and see things for yourself
typical Ohaneze ndigbo youth ..were no get directions sef...an this are the same clouns that will still vote this man for another eight years as a governor....the number of votes this ekewre of a man will get in 2023 will prove to us the number of fools we have in Enugu

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by uchaymart(m): 8:13am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

Ekweremadu has been there for more than 12 years I guess , and the achievements he can boast of are culverts , local scholarship , one Express road and eschool.fication drive .....
Keep quiet if you have nothing to say.
Ike Ekweremadu has given more than 5 million scholarships to students in their first year through to final year since the foundation started. IKEOHA FOUNDATION..
students (200L to Final year from any institution in Nigeria) from his constituency benefited from the annual disbursement of 40k... I got mine when I was still in school. 3 times...
Widows and widowers were not left out.
Adult education is still free for every interested person.
The roads and bridges are nothing to mention because that's why we voted him.
Ask around before you say thrash.
I'm from Enugu state.

13 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by dele1727: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2020
Hope....

Those who want to kill themselves on Tinubu matter can now see.....

Ekweremedu is a darling...
A God fearing politician
A man after God's heart
A man of the people.....

Continue dragging Tinubu.....
If not for Tinubu.....
Ekweremedu senatorial district would have the best hospital and schools.
But Tinubu didn't not allow

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by vanbonattel: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

And Your own senator is prolly handicapped grin

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by dele1727: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2020
Forget it..
Don't mind the yoruba people

Too much jelousy and envy

The senators and house of rep members from the south east are the best in the world

Ekweremedu for president
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Royalfurnitures: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2020
That's what they do when such things occur, visit the place,talk some sweet rubbish just to attract media attention and look like a good leader,afterwards go home and forget the people. Fixing of roads,and other things to prevent such occurrences in future,they'd never do

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Cocobongo(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2020
A
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by WealthyValue(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2020
RIP
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Hambivert: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2020
Untimely death would Sparogatively never be our portion!

RIP to the departed!
Condolences to Loved ones, Wards and parents!

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Ugolistikp: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2020
Sometimes I wonder why the innocent masses have to suffer for the inefficiency of the guilty politicians ... it's a pity that most death in Nigeria could have been averted if those selected to represent the people would just be deligent with their job..RIP to all the fallen heroes

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by oluwagbenga98327: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr May their soul rest in peace
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 10:37am On Oct 31, 2020
Ekweremadu go don promise Dem heaven on earth

stoopid Nigeria politicians.....

I'm just pained that lives were lost.....small children wey never taste life just die like dat.......d thing pain me reach my soul I swear

may their gentle souls r.i.p.

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Cooldipoo(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2020
sad
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Omezif(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2020
The accident is terrible and terrifying that torched enugu citizens. only God knows why the accident was allowed to happen nobody knows. May God grant the souls of the victims enternal rest in peace and grant their family, relatives and those in torch the fortitude to bear the lost ones.
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by bjgurl(f): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2020
Do we have debaters now when we have to sympathise with those that lost their live, NL sef

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Liposure: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2020
Sad loss
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2020
What a monumental disaster, it could have been avoided if not for over speeding and reckless driving
Re: Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2020
Nawa oo.. Ekweremadu is really a good man...may God save us from accident oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Must Resign - Gov Fayose Fights Garba Shehu On Channels Tv [video] / Buhari, Ambode, Sanwo-olu Collapse Campaign Teams, Float ICG / PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.