Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails (18985 Views)

Buhari Swears In Board Members Of North-East Development Commission (Photos) / Senate Passes South-East Development Commission Bill / South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
The House of Representatives on Thursday rejected a bill seeking the establishment of South East Development Commission. The House rejected the second reading of the bill after it was put to a voice vote by the speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara.

Chukwuka Onyema (Anambra-PDP), sponsor of the bill, had argued that the bill sought to tackle poverty and ecological problems confronting the South East part of the country.

He said the bill also sought to receive and manage fund from allocation of the federation account for the development, restructure and rehabilitation of roads, houses and other infrastructure in the region.
Contributing to the debate, the House Minority Leader, Leo Ogor (Delta-PDP), said the bill would address most of the issues affecting the region.

“This country cannot continue with the situation where we come to Abuja every month to share money. “I think every zone deserves such commission because it will make everybody look inward.

“This nation needs to be restructured, we cannot continue the way we are going,” Mr. Ogor said.
Sani Abdul (Bauchi-APC) said the agitation to create the commission was as a result of the government’s inability to address the socio-economic challenges in the country. “We should look at it holistically in order not to have problems.

“We are worried, however, because the timing of the bill with the agitation for Biafra is suspicious,” Mr. Abdul said.

Some lawmakers while opposing the bill, said the timing of was not appropriate.

Sunday Karimi (Kogi-PDP) said some of the South-East states were already captured in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) and “the creation of a South East Commission will be too much”.

Sani Zorro (Jigawa-APC) said not much consultation was done to ensure the success of the bill.

“I won’t be comfortable that at the end of the day we leave here with acrimony. “In view of the debate we have had so far, I am of the view that the sponsors and supporters of this bill should make further consultations,’’ Mr. Zoro said. (NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/232785-bill-to-create-south-east-development-commission-fails.html
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Two Reasons Make The Bill To Fail:

1. They Igbo (PDP) refuse to build bridges with other members, they choose to buid walls. Who do you expect to support this bill: The illiterate Ab0ki or the Ewedu eating brown teeth Afonjas. You have fight with every every.

2. The bill is uncalled for. The southeast is Paradise, Biafrans have developed it. Those kinda of bills is meant for the poverty backward illiterate north or northeast specifically. We already have commision for the backward northest, remain commission for backward northwest, followed by Northcentral.

The north must be drag from 1960 to 2017 and that's what Emir of Kano Sunusi is calling for.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ESDKING: 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
It would have even been useless if the bill had scaled through.
The song of every Igbo man is singing now is "Breakup" nothing more nothing less.

The one @bokis have, where are they today ?

Majority of them look so hungry and malnourished, even when they also claim to feed the nation.
How can you claim to be feeding someone when hunger is your company ?.

YOU CAN NOT GIVE WHAT U DON'T HAVE.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by cashlurd(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria is a lost country. South East needs to wise up

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by HiddenShadow: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nnamdi was right that Nigeria will never be the best country for us

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
What will be the wok of the proposed SEDC and how will it ve funded if I May ask?

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Agumbankembu: 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
bkool7:
What will be the wok of the proposed SEDC and how will it ve funded if I May ask?

How is NEDC being funded, if I may ask?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by hammer6: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
FriendNG:

1. They Igbo (PDP) refuse to build bridges with other members, they choose to buid walls. Who do you expect to support this bill: The illiterate Ab0ki or the Ewedu eating brown teeth Afonjas. You have fight with every every.

2. The bill is uncalled for. The southeast is Paradise, Biafrans have developed it. Those kinda of bills is meant for the poverty backward illiterate north or northeast specifically. We already have commision for the backward northest, remain commission for backward northwest, followed by Northcentral.

The north must be drag from 1960 to 2017 and that's what Emir of Kano Sunusi is calling for.

itsTutsi

We will build Berlin wall.

U dont like us, we dont like u, y cant we divide the country and say "nice knowing u", whilst we head N,S,E and W respectively?

Look even after killings, the country will still divide. No country survives two Civil War on same topic.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 11:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Agumbankembu:

How is NEDC going to be funded, if I may ask?
Is there a war in the SE ? I assume there are IDPs in the SE , right ?

18 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Agumbankembu: 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
FriendNG:

[s]1. They Igbo (PDP) refuse to build bridges with other members, they choose to buid walls. Who do you expect to support this bill: The illiterate Ab0ki or the Ewedu eating brown teeth Afonjas. You have fight with every every.

The north must be drag from 1960 to 2017 and that's what Emir of Kano Sunusi is calling for.[/s]

itsTutsi

Pls how many bridges did North East build after bombing their places to middle age cos of Islam?
Your problem is that young generations of Igbo people have refused to kowtow to whims and caprices of "born to rule" feudalists.

From 1999 till 2015, we have supported all presidential candidates other people brought, even leaving ours, and what we get is "we don't build bridges", we can never be subdued, fvck your bridges.

Kicking out SEDC doesn't stop diseases that the world had forgotten to be ravaging other "privileged" enclaves, neither does it bridge the gap of human development index that is on the back footing in other enclaves compared to ours.
The only thing it may delay is building PortHarcourt road Aba, and Aba-Azumini-Ikotekpene road, it does not stop Aba fabricators from crafting dredging and agro allied machineries, it does not stop Aba fashion industries from shipping 3 million pairs of shoes outside the country weekly.

Burn the fvckng bridges, the ones we built aren't giving us any leverage whatsoever.

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 11:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
We will not give you Biafra, come fight us if you can.

Biafra will never be achieved by your insults and chestbeating until you learn your ways.

hammer6:

We will build Berlin wall.

U dont like us, we dont like u, y cant we divide the country and say nice knowing u whilst we head N,S,E and W.

Look even after killings, the country will still divide. No country survives two Civil War on same topic.

Agumbankembu:

Pls how many bridges did North East build after bombing their places to middle age cos of Islam?
Your problem is that young generations of Igbo people have refused to kowtow to whims and caprices of "born to rule" feudalists.

From 1999 till 2015, we have supported all presidential candidates other people brought, even leaving ours, and what we get is "we don't build bridges", we can never be subdued, fvck your bridges.

Kicking out SEDC doesn't stop diseases that the world had forgotten to be ravaging other "privileged" enclaves, neither does it bridge the gap of human development index that is on the back footing in other enclaves compared to ours.
The only thing it may delay is building PortHarcourt road Aba, and Aba-Azumini-Ikotekpene road, it does not stop Aba fabricators from crafting dredging and agro allied machineries, it does not stop Aba fashion industries from shipping 3 million pairs of shoes outside the country weekly.

Burn the fvckng bridges, the ones we built aren't giving us any leverage whatsoever.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by hammer6: 11:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
bkool7:

Is there a war in the SE ?
I assume there are IDPs in the SE , right ?

We are no longer comfortable with people from Katsina and Oyo dictating our affairs.

If the south east want a development Commission, go and get urs and dont be an obstacle or ask question becos at the end of the day, u are a human being and u will never mean well for them becos u are not benefiting directing. U are not from the south east.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
hammer6:

U dont have the power to give Biafra, the UN does.

Ape!

We own the UN. We have Us, UK, China, France, Germany are sympathetic to Nigeria + Amina who is UN Duputy Sec Gen. We own UN.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Agumbankembu: 11:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
FriendNG:
We will not give you Biafra, come fight us if you can.

Biafra will never be achieved by your insults and chestbeating until you learn your ways.

Oops, the contraption is collapsing before your very eyes, nobody down here fears your turbaned overlords and the military you control.
Scare me more.

I need to remind you that ur demi-god Buhari borrowed N5trn to build only a helipad in Daura and Abuja runway, you should be concerned of how you will pay back the loans and/or service the interests, you think it is by threat.
cheesy

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ProfTeaa: 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Useful bill.

We already have North East Development Commission. Later every zone will advocate for:

South West Development Commission

North Central Development Commission

North West Development Commission, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
And the chestbeating continues. Actions speak louder than words.

Agumbankembu:

Oops, the contraption is collapsing before your very eyes, nobody down here fears your turbaned overlords and the military you control.
Scare me more.

I need to remind you that ur demi-god Buhari borrowed N5trn to build only a helipad in Daura and Abuja runway, you should be concerned of how you will pay back the loans and/or service the interests, you think it is by threat.
cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
hammer6:

We are no longer comfortable with people from Katsina and Oyo dictating our affairs.

If the south east want a development Commission, go and get urs and dont be an obstacle or ask question becos at the end of the day, u are a human being and u will never mean well for them becos u are not benefiting directing. U are not from the south east.

Alias !

Lemme refresh your memory
When the bill to grant special recognition to Lagos came , did your senators voted for it?
Now you wanna have your own....really ?!
Sorry , that's not how politics works . You sratch my back , I scratch yours . You don't scratch mine; well you, know what's up

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
FriendNG:
5tr to build an helipad ! Lia Mohammed must be a learner can you kindly furnish us with a link ?

10 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
bkool7:

I think you're on to the wrong fellow . I wasn't the one you're debating

My bad. I meant to qoute the other dude that claimed 5tri was spent

Ok I understand.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 11:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
FriendNG:

That's your concern: Mine is about the bill above. Action speak louder than words, Dare the Nigerian Army and see 4 yourself.

I think you're on to the wrong fellow . I wasn't the one you're debating

My bad. I meant to qoute the other dude that claimed 5tri was spent

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ItsTutsi(m): 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Guy pardon me,ill get back to u..this weed too strong fam
Agumbankembu:

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Scare me more.

cheesy

5tr to build an helipad !
Lia Mohammed must be a learner
can you kindly furnish us with a link ?

8 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Agumbankembu: 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
FriendNG:

I think you referring to yourself dude, how do you plan on paying N5trn Buhari borrowed in just two years?

13 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Agumbankembu: 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
bkool7:

5tr to build an helipad !
Lia Mohammed must be a learner
can you kindly furnish us with a link ?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5417120_screenshot20170531150402_jpegae99a6b5516989ab770fc37670e9f090
Peruse this, and see how almost 11trn has been spent in 2 years, data officially came from CBN
Now my question is, what infrastructure has Buhari built apart from Daura helipad and Abuja runway?

28 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by wirinet(m): 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
Agumbankembu:

How is NEDC being funded, if I may ask?

The Senate on Thursday passed a bill to establish the North-East Development Commission (NEDC) to be partly funded by;
1. 3 per cent of Value Added Taxes accruable to the Federal Government.

2. 15 per cent of allocation to the states

3. 50 per cent deduction of the ecological fund due to the six North Eastern states.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/senate-passes-bill-establishing-north-east-development-commission/

Please note;
About 70% of total VAT is generated from Lagos.
Allocation to the states and ecological fund is hand outs of oil revenue from the nigerdelta.

Now answer the question; where will the SEDC get its funding?

11 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by conductor3: 11:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
SMH
[b]Today on the floor of the national Assembly, Hon Chukwuka Onyema, deputy minority leader of the house of representatives, presented a bill seeking to establish the South-East Development Commission.
Hon Leo Ogor, from Delta state supported it and urged the members to vote in its favour.
3 Members from the North spoke against it, citing one reason or the other.
Then it was put to a voice vote and was defeated and stepped down.
Trust me, this is one of the reasons Nnamdi Kanu's message will continue to resonate in the part of the country where I come from.
His job is simple, his loyal lieutenants will play this news on Radio Biafra this night, then remind the audience that religiously follow the radio station in that part of the country that you see, these guys hate us. "Which kind of stupid country is that"?
They will also remind their audience how North East commission bill was passed at the floor of House of Reps without opposition from South East house of Rep members but now it is our turn, they decided not to allow it sail.
They will also add that the money to fund the North East commission will come from the backyard of Biafra and how the North contributes nothing to the national purse except being a leech.
They will also remind these guys how their kith and kin traveling home for Christmas from Lagos and Abuja last year were embarrassed and their bags of rice they are traveling with confiscated for no reason than it is a foreign rice and the person traveling with it is Igbo and the most marginalized ethnic group since Mohammed Buhari became president.
It is simple and easy for the like of Kanu to sell their narrative and people from that part of the country will listen.
Tomorrow if Nnamdi Kanu decides to shut down that part of the country and instruct the folks there to stay at home, you think they won't listen to him?
No it is not a coincidence.
We really need to have a conversation on how to live together in this union.
No ethnic group or association should have greater bargaining power, let equity and equality be the watch word in our journey to nationhood.
The union is in dire need of restructuring and unless that is done very soon, the cymbals of separation will continue to get louder.
- Chukwudi Iwuchukwu[/b]

17 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by HiddenShadow: 11:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
FriendNG:

We own the UN. We have Us, UK, China, France, Germany are sympathetic to Nigeria + Amina who is UN Duputy Sec Gen. We own UN.

You own UN and yet Amnesty International exposed you guys cruelty to the world

Herdsman, wake up and smell the coffee

Restructure or Disintegrate

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by HiddenShadow: 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
wirinet:

The Senate on Thursday passed a bill to establish the North-East Development Commission (NEDC) to be partly funded by;
1. 3 per cent of Value Added Taxes accruable to the Federal Government.

2. 15 per cent of allocation to the states

3. 50 per cent deduction of the ecological fund due to the six North Eastern states.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/senate-passes-bill-establishing-north-east-development-commission/

Please note;
About 70% of total VAT is generated in Lagos.
Allocation to the states and ecological fund is hand outs of oil revenue from the nigerdelta.

Now answer the question; where will the SEDC get its funding?

The same place NEDC got hers from

12 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by wirinet(m): 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
HiddenShadow:

The same place NEDC got hers from
So you guys want to depend solely on Nigerdelta oil and Lagos VAT for your development and survival? And you guys will have the audacity to label others parasites.

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Grills Pauline Tallen / Makarfi Inaugurates PDP NEC After Meeting With Wike, Okowa, Umahi, Mimiko (Pics / B/haram Using Drones To Monitor Troops’ Operations – Borno Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.