Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara (1153 Views)

Your Emotional Appeal A Gambit Doomed To Fail, Presidency Tells Atiku / Kwara Launches First Phase Of Mass Transit Scheme With 10 Buses / PHOTOS: Governor Ahmed Flags Off N257m Mass Transit Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by bilms(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2017
MASS TRANSIT SCHEME IS DOOMED TO FAIL IN KWARA
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Between Mr Latin, Babasuwe and Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed, who is funnier? If you ask me, I will tell you Maigida is a better comedian than the duo. Our most powerless governor is Alawada kerikri of the highest order. Take that from me. The man we call governor, seems to be a joke, a great comedian of the 21st century. But having a comedian governor may not really be a very bad thing if he writes his own jokes by himself, but unfortunately, he doesn’t. He wants to copy everything from Lagos, without having the brain to know when not to copy. If there is anything you should copy from Lagos, copy how to give Local government free hand to manage their resources.

Few days ago, the news of Mai guardi launching a Mass Transhit Scheme reached us on the social space. Our confused gomina said he invested N257million into what he described as Maigida Mass Transit. But if he is a thinking governor, he would have realized that what he simply did was to tell the people how confused and unreasonable he his.

First and foremost, Kwara doesn’t need a Mass Transit. A Mass Transit Scheme is usually for cities with large population and transportation challenges. Kwara doesn’t fall in this category.

People in Kwara can tell you that right inside our houses; taxi’s do come and pick us. Kwara is one of those state in which you can stop a taxi and ask him to wait, while you go back inside to pick up something. Kwara is one of those states you don’t need to rush to get taxi. You can walk as slowly as possible, as if you own the vehicle while trying to board a taxi. In other word, there are more vehicles than passengers in Kwara, particularly in Ilorin.

If you start a conversation with taxi drivers in ilorin, one major point they are likely to make is lack of passengers. They will analyze to you, how they usually work with tactic, just to get little profit, because according to them, you can’t afford to keep driving around wasting fuel.
Many taxi drivers have quit the job due to lack of passengers. Most especially, those paying deliver to the taxi owners. My conversation with a driver some time past exposed me to the fact of the transport business in Kwara.

To now imagine that in the same city where taxi drivers are finding it difficult to survive due to low patronage, the governor is importing idea of mass transit is nothing but a joke. If not, what else could that be?

To make matter worse, the Governor said he invested N257million into buying the Eti Eromi buses, which are 10 in number. He said, ‘’the ten buses currently in the Maigida Soludero Mass Transit Scheme were purchased for the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) through a credit facility provided by the Kwara State Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Bureau’’

Can you imagine? The governor is buying buses for NURTW who didn’t ask him for buses, neither did they require it. I am sure those transport people will just be laughing their way to the toilet after the governor must have gone. They will be wondering themselves, ‘’which kind confused governor be this?’’

At a time when there is very high youth unemployment rate, one would expect that a thinking governor would have made investment in youth and youth empowerment.

Imagine that the Governor invite 257 youths with interest in Agriculture. Provide them with land for farming, either crop, fishery or live stocks and support them each with N1million loan. In the next 3 years, many of these youths would have paid back their loans, while still maintaining their farm business. In the next 3 years, many of these youths would have employed at least 3 other people to support them in their agric business. And at least, each of these youths would have been taking responsibility in their family, thereby reducing poverty. But what do we get from our confused governor? Awada Mass Transit

Then again, Maigida claimed to have bought 10 buses for N257 million. If you divide the amount by the 10 buses, each bus cost N25.7 million. Haba. Oga mai guardi, Ese rora paro?

Innoson 85 Passenger City Bus (IVM 6105g) cost 24 Million and 60 seater bus cost 12 Million. Maigida Bus is not up to 60 seater, so how will it cost more than a 80 seater bus? And again, the price above is just for 1 bus. If you are buying 10 like Maigida did, the price will go down significantly. And again, the picture of the buses being circulated around doesn't appear to be new buses. Obviously, these are refurbished buses and could never have been bought for such exaggerated amount. It appeared our governor is trying to be clever by half.

In conclusion, the Mass Transit scheme is another failure, added to the numerous failures of the Maigida Administration. This scheme is domed to fail, as the name Abdulfatah Ahmed will enter our book of record as the worst Kwara governor ever.

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
Kwara Must Change
https://www./157251821104479/?ref=bookmarks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by Aromas: 7:05am On Jun 02, 2017
OP find another thing talk.
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by seunfly: 7:06am On Jun 02, 2017
I like the 257youths supported with 1m part, God bless your wisdom. It is unfortunate that majority can't think like this, they only indulge in tribalism, religious sentiment, party sentiment and defend thrives.

1 Like

Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by OlujobaSamuel: 7:37am On Jun 02, 2017
this seems to be the worst region in nigeria, the ravaged North East wey BH dey sef no get this kind weyrey gominas.
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 02, 2017
useless governor. I am ashamed to share the same state with this useless man
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by Boltonboyan: 8:37am On Jun 02, 2017
This is just another mischief. The Mass Transit scheme is a laudable one and when you consider the routes the buses will ply and the transport fare, you'll understand the usefulness of the scheme particularly to students of Unilorin, Kwara Poly and KWASU.

Moreover, the population of Ilorin has increased drastically in the past few years, hence initiating a Mass transit scheme is not out of place.
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by optimusprimer(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2017
Whoever is thinking like this in 21 century is just been mischievous. Do you know the number of transportation companies running cabbies or even individuals who do so in London yet there also several buses, shuttles to make life easy for the people.

That said, if you have a broad understanding of transportation management you will know that as many opportunities you have to make transport schemes available is welcome.

Saying that Maigida Transport Scheme will fail is being 100% pessimistic and political. Are you now saying we don't need rail service in Nigeria because we have enough mass transit? Oga, next time you want to be political, pick an area that will win you your argument.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by optimusprimer(m): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2017
eliment:
useless governor. I am ashamed to share the same state with this useless man

How can someone call.another human being useless? Freedom of speech is not freedom to abuse. It is not affair calling an adult or elderly useless....Please be guided

1 Like

Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by Boltonboyan: 8:48am On Jun 02, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2031363/photos-problem-transportation-unilorin/1#28640738

http://www.sirkenayo.com/pics-depressing-see-the-humiliation-unilorin-students-face-just-to-get-to-class/

It is no news that transportation challenges exist at the University of Ilorin. The MST scheme will assist in ameliorating the hardship faced by the students.

We should be reasonable in our criticism of government actions. Like I said earlier, the MST scheme introduced by the Kwara State government is a laudable one, which will go a long way in solving the transportation hassles faced by people, particularly students.

1 Like

Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by Boltonboyan: 8:51am On Jun 02, 2017
God bless you my brother for this comment. The guy is just being mischievous and unreasonable.

optimusprimer:
Whoever is thinking like this in 21 century is just been mischievous. Do you know the number of transportation companies running cabbies or even individuals who do so in London yet there also several buses, shuttles to make life easy for the people.

That said, if you have a broad understanding of transportation management you will know that as many opportunities you have to make transport schemes available is welcome.

Saying that Maigida Transport Scheme will fail is being 100% pessimistic and political. Are you now saying we don't need rail service in Nigeria because we have enough mass transit? Oga, next time you want to be political, pick an area that will win you your argument.

1 Like

Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by doublewisdom: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2017
optimusprimer:

How can someone call.another human being useless? Freedom of speech is not freedom to abuse. It is not affair calling an adult or elderly useless....Please be guided
What if the so called elders are useless?
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 02, 2017
Then you must be something worse for voting them in I guess.

#selah

doublewisdom:

What if the so called elders are useless?
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by dayoolawepo: 9:03am On Jun 02, 2017
I want to assume you have not been to Ilorin lately and you have not seen the present population of people in Kwara State. The Governor should be commended for the laudable initiative he has put in place to tackle transportation crisis in the city and the state. I want to believe you have not been to Unilorin Bus Terminus at Tanke when students are on a long queue to board a bus, also you should check out how students and staff of the university cluster on the roadside when headed to the university. With the provision of these buses, which Unilorin-Tanke is one of its routes, i believe it is good news for students, staff and visitors to the University.
You should also note that the Transit Scheme is in partnership with NURTW, so there will be balance in the running of the scheme and would not affect others in the transportation business.
The population of Ilorin has increased drastically over the past few years, and it is only wise to provide means to create a solution for transportion problems at the moment and in the future.
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by bilms(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
i am a born and bred kwaran from Ilorin south. frankly speaking this is nothing but MISPLACEMENT of priority. Let even assume 2 of the bus ply challenge 2 unilorin. it can only carry full passengers frm challenge say rushing hrs btw 8am - 12pm n return with low or no passenger. if the driver insist on full passenger to challenge then an approximation of 1.5hrs loading time. in this jet age no reasonable person wl sacrifise such huge tym EVEN if is free transportation. Conversely, rushing hrs from unilorin start say btw 3;30 - 6pm marx. the bus wl equally return 2 unilorin wt low or no passenger otherwise 1.5 loading tym and sacrifise. Same analysis goes for say 2 ply poly via teaching hospital. ok now, 2 frm oja 2 geri alimi wt igs, omo queen, omo edu, and gbogbo ero, yet rushing tym remain ( 7AM - 9AM, 3PM - 6PM MARX).
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
optimusprimer:

keep your moral to yourself, the same way I will praise him if he has done well is the same way I will abuse him when he fails and in this case, he has failed woefully. As a governor, he is the property of the state and he's answerable to it's citizens
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by bilms(m): 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
angry
Re: Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara by qunleajayi(m): 4:58am On Nov 17, 2018
dayoolawepo:
I want to assume you have not been to Ilorin lately and you have not seen the present population of people in Kwara State. The Governor should be commended for the laudable initiative he has put in place to tackle transportation crisis in the city and the state. I want to believe you have not been to Unilorin Bus Terminus at Tanke when students are on a long queue to board a bus, also you should check out how students and staff of the university cluster on the roadside when headed to the university. With the provision of these buses, which Unilorin-Tanke is one of its routes, i believe it is good news for students, staff and visitors to the University.
You should also note that the Transit Scheme is in partnership with NURTW, so there will be balance in the running of the scheme and would not affect others in the transportation business.
The population of Ilorin has increased drastically over the past few years, and it is only wise to provide means to create a solution for transportion problems at the moment and in the future.

Very impressive. Please can you furnish me with population of Eyenkorin as we are doing proposals for some investors. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Another Norther Group Visit Nnamdi Kanu Today(vid) / EFCC Office In Abuja / Biafra: Ozekhome, Sans React To Declaration Of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB As Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.